she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Aisa »

Votecount 1.06

Save The Dragons (5):
Killing Joke, Wayward Son, ActionDan, BlueBloodedToffee, HighPrincessErinys.
Killing Joke (2):
Flea The Magician, Radical Rat.
HighPrincessErinys (2):
Passenger, Save The Dragons.
Andresvmb (1):
Malakittens.
Wayward Son (1):
Titus.
Elements (1):
Bellaphant.

No Elimination (1):
Eiralox.

Not Voting (3):
Enchant, Andresvmb, Elements.

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 to eliminate someone.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-01-20 01:00:00).

Mod Notes
  • Elements is V/LA for the weekend.
Last edited by Aisa on Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Elements »

Having only read the top 3 posts on page 16 since my last but 1 post I think I should VOTE: enchant
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Hpe, no, I really like your posting so far.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:29 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 399, HighPrincessErinys wrote:You really vastly underestimate this one's willingness to ride the wagon. There isn't really anything this one can do to convince you "Actually, it was NOT hesitation!" though, it imagines.
i feel like you're picking the easiest argument to argue.

did you provide analysis? do you have a reason why my posts are scummy?
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:54 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 403, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 399, HighPrincessErinys wrote:You really vastly underestimate this one's willingness to ride the wagon. There isn't really anything this one can do to convince you "Actually, it was NOT hesitation!" though, it imagines.
i feel like you're picking the easiest argument to argue.

did you provide analysis? do you have a reason why my posts are scummy?
This one's said it before, alot of it is just surface-level or outright filler. A good number of your posts are just extensions of things that could've been one post, which a decent amount of time itself doesn't really say anything. You're really just coasting along in this one's opinion, even in your fight against Joker.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:55 am

i don't think that's anaylsis and i don't think that's relevant to my alignment seems like a playstyle thing, no?
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:03 am

In post 405, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't think that's anaylsis and i don't think that's relevant to my alignment seems like a playstyle thing, no?
Maybe, but this one doesn't really have enough firsthand experience to say whether or not it is just your playstyle.
Get To Know A Doll
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:04 am

k so if we're at maybe, like what about it is coasting in a scum way and what about it is coasting in a potential playstyle way
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Aisa »

Prodding Titus.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:17 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: HighPrincessErinys
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:18 am

In post 407, Save The Dragons wrote:k so if we're at maybe, like what about it is coasting in a scum way and what about it is coasting in a potential playstyle way
Some of the things you say in are not particularly useful and feel like filling the post out, especially just going "dunno" on a question asking about Elements, not you. makes a point, then doesn't elaborate on it. That feels like scummy coasting. Repeatedly one-lining to ask "who would be scared of Frogster's BoP?" feels more like filler from playstyle and manner of speech.

One other thing to note however is how you hint at knowing/seeing something no one else does that motivates your vote against KJ in , and go on to not explain this in and . Additionally, in , you appear to admit that you didn't really have any special knowledge:
Now. for killing joke. i wasn't really intending to do the same thing i did in temple to determine nancy's alignment, it wasn't a reaction test for nancy, it wasn't really a reaction test at all, i just wanted feedback on it. And to note, because of temple, it wasn't going to work again, so i didn't do it to test nancy.
You had essentially plopped a naked vote onto KJ, said you had an ace up the sleeve, and then when you pulled your sleeve up, there was nothing there. This one feels like the feedback period has passed, so please, if you do indeed have an ace in your hand, pit it against the Joker's joker for us.

sorry but this one was morally obligated to make card puns
Get To Know A Doll
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:55 am

Post by ActionDan »

I've read up, but haven't given my full efforts to players outside of the range of StD, Elements, KJ and Flea.

Firstly, I am becoming much more convinced StD is scum.

I believe the initial vote against KJ to be weak, especially when the reasons for the push were revealed in post 187. Elements posting chess pics in the thread is neither town indicative nor in any way helpful to town so at the least someone touching on it should not be wholly unexpected. And it is not true a priori that such questions would garner no value; even innocuous questions can merit unexpected AI responses. I can nitpick at the other two about a wary townread and Nancy's post being flat (it is content none the less) but they are at least fathomable.

If the justification of the way the vote was made was so that there was engagement between StD and people who were of the same mind and/or people voting StD that never happened. I think the goal of the vote was presentation over substance.

I absolutely understand the frustration with Frogster's postings. This goes to all of StD, Elements, and Flea. They are a reactionary inflammatory player. Their associative reads are hyperbolic, and yes the meta postings do not translate in parallel with this game except only maybe vaguely in the case of post 150 in which the language is similar, i.e "If I were scum I wouldn't do *Thing A*" vs. "If I were scum I wouldn't do *Thing B*, but A and B are as apples to oranges. While I get it, there are times when I feel posts of StD's become performative, post 231 as HPE specifically points out and a series of posts culminating in post 351 when speaking to Nancy are good examples.

More concerning is the vote on HPE in 325. That is analysis. Whether it's good analysis (Obviously I think the part about StD specifically tends to strike true) you can debate. The questions asked about it can be asked without the addition of a vote because I simply don't believe StD thinks:
In post 325, Save The Dragons wrote:I think this has the best chance of hitting scum.

VOTE: HPE
This is ongoing at the moment and I will continue to monitor.

---

My Read on Flea is that fae have a decent chance at being scum. I don't wish to entirely reiterate their correspondence with Nancy as clearly its a sore spot for both of them and admittedly I did not read specific meta, but understand in a general sense they have a long history.

111 is a scummy post. Voting a claimed miller is not RVS, and placing it there neuters its power. I happen to be biased about "town cores" since I view the practice of actively trying to force these flawed, moreover, to do so at the expense of scumhunting normally very distasteful. Let us take this post as is so we can establish this is Flea's priority and keep it in mind.

Fulfilling this objective is immediately sought in post 191. But I question (among other things) this bit:
In post 191, Flea The Magician wrote:149 be spicy from the Joker, wanna see how this progresses given I can't work out what the reads are coming from this... o.O Definitely interesting though :3

Which reminds me @Joker still wanna know what was scummy about that post, I ain't having your slot cruise by on my ability to read Nancy.
Why? Why bother at all? the priority is to read Nancy is it not? To determine the alignment of the Hydra by exploiting the meta (and I say meta here because if you think you can read a slot historically well and accurately it is by your knowledge of their meta) of one of the heads. Flea later will vote the slot because of Frog in post 232 and its about here where the slot is irrevocably damaged for Flea.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. And I feel that's what Flea has done. There should be enough material to form a meta read on Nancy, I do think she has had content to analyze and enough posts to form an emotive read if that's how you want to get there. I myself am mostly reading the slot through Nancy's postings now and think (contrary to HPE) that 265 and 267 were particularly towny.

I can see this, and I'm finding it hard to believe Flea can't because Frog, no matter how distracting he is, prevents them from doing so.

---

Elements, briefly, I think is town on a reread. There was nothing towny in the ISO prior to 118, but from here I like both the interactions with StD and KJ. The only reservation I have is that she hasn't formed any independent scumreads or delved into outside players aside from Std/KJ.

---

KJ as previously mentioned continues to be town. I first got that impression from Frog's very early posts and Nancy has only solidified that for me later. I do have a blind spot and that is I don't know the metas of Nancy and Frog when they are scum.

---

I have some preliminary thoughts on some others in this game but I want to reread to flesh out my thoughts.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:08 pm

maybe it's best i die so town can get its collective head out of its collective ass
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:14 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

UNVOTE:
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:16 pm

actiondan

from what i recall of HPE's post, it said that it didn't like one of my posts and that the vibes were off. that's not analysis. that's not bad analysis, it's not analysis at all.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:19 pm

In post 283, HighPrincessErinys wrote:That being said! StD doesn't look so good either even if Joker's case isn't quite so good anymore. His ISO is very dodgy in general but in particular 231 is just groanworthy. Scumlean here, and can't help but feel his reactions and posts have built a more convincing case against himself than the logic Joker was levying.
just to remind everyone what actiondan thinks is analysis and i don't think is analysis
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: BBT
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:26 pm

Hey Titus,

What's up?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETLEJUICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Did you miss my unvote Mala?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by Malakittens »

YES, BUT ITS STILL SKETCH AF
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:35 pm

Why?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 417, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey Titus,

What's up?
Sorry I got prodded. Real life. Meant to comment. Gut VCA says KJ and StD is T v T.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:36 pm

I unvoted STD

Titus voted me

I asked what's up.

What's sketch about that?

Pedit - OK, so why vote me when I just unvoted StD who you think is town?
Killing Joke
Killing Joke
They/Them
Goon
Killing Joke
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Killing Joke »

@Players just getting into the game

Stop tinfoiling Dragons to be Town it's not TvT, there's no reason to Townread that slot. This is a really easy slot to read,it takes some mental gymnastics to believe Dragons here, it's really simple AtE and scum!Dragons says the same things every game. Look:
In post 407, Save The Dragons wrote:k so if we're at maybe, like what about it is coasting in a scum way and what about it is coasting in a potential playstyle way
Compare to scum!Dragons from Masque:
In post 94, Masquerader Teal wrote:I feel a lot of what's being brought up against me so far is entirely in my playstyle and if you knew who I was, people might realize I'm slow in my process, and people would definitely feel dumb about associating a joke with my alignment.

Macabre hydra of
Frogsterking
Joker and
Nancy Drew 39
Harley Quinn

https://youtu.be/ua4mWCghnmU

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”