Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:05 am

Post by Weuler »

In post 99, CCGeek wrote:If I'm getting this correctly, I believe Campbell's logic rn is something along the lines of: Scum wants to leave a "scummy" person alive till D2 for a better push. It's a rather interesting approach to a newbie game.
I don't buy it. There are other wagons around, like Dionysus's.
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:08 am

Post by Weuler »

I would really like to see Campbell stop being so tight-lipped. Leaving all his posts up to interpretation
Modus ponens
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Dionysus »

The thing with Campbell's logic is that if he is executed and is Town then the first thing I would do day 2 is look at who voted for him. So it would be a smart scum strategy to keep off him and get credit for not executing a townie.

But the argument being presented feels like scum scrabbling to try and save themselves. It doesn't feel like a townie making a pro town argument or logical deduction.
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:28 am

Post by Weuler »

In post 102, Dionysus wrote:The thing with Campbell's logic is that if he is executed and is Town then the first thing I would do day 2 is look at who voted for him. So it would be a smart scum strategy to keep off him and get credit for not executing a townie.

But the argument being presented feels like scum scrabbling to try and save themselves. It doesn't feel like a townie making a pro town argument or logical deduction.
Whatever my signature says, logical deduction is quite hard to accomplish in mafia. Regarding Campbell: He is making life very easy for scum who want to hammer him by not elaborating on his reads. It is easy to discredit reads that don't have any justification whatsoever. Well-justified reads carry more weight if Camp gets hammered and flips green.
Modus ponens
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:34 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 103, Weuler wrote:
In post 102, Dionysus wrote:The thing with Campbell's logic is that if he is executed and is Town then the first thing I would do day 2 is look at who voted for him. So it would be a smart scum strategy to keep off him and get credit for not executing a townie.

Whatever my signature says, logical deduction is quite hard to accomplish in mafia.
Regarding Campbell: He is making life very easy for scum who want to hammer him by not elaborating on his reads. It is easy to discredit reads that don't have any justification whatsoever. Well-justified reads carry more weight if Camp gets hammered and flips green.
BIB: not true in my experience. Maybe in a small game like this it is difficult, but after a few days once more information is made available to town it can be quite easy to deduce scum through logic.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:44 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 95, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 93, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Precisely

New scumreads:
Wayword Son and Weuler
Scum are not pushing you, because they don't need to, because you're acting scummy?

Weuler and I are scummy because we've not pushed you? :?
Campbell looks like flailing scum to me because that makes no sense if Campbell is town. I cannot envision town campbell saying this.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

Searching for a replacement for the captainkawaii666 slot
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 1.4

Białkoholicy - Taco Hemingway

Fredrick A Campbell
(3): Wayward Son, Not Known 15, Dionysus
Dionysus
(2): CCGeek, AurorusVox
Weuler
(1): Fredrick A Campbell
Space
(1): Weuler

Not Voting
(2): captainkawaii666, Space

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline ends in: (expired on 2023-01-22 16:03:39).
Searching for a replacement for captainkawaii666 slot
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Dionysus »

Can I ask a very newbie question? Is there a glossary somewhere of acronyms/phrases?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:19 am

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 99, CCGeek wrote:If I'm getting this correctly, I believe Campbell's logic rn is something along the lines of: Scum wants to leave a "scummy" person alive till D2 for a better push. It's a rather interesting approach to a newbie game.
I would much prefer you to let Frederick answer for himself rather than putting words in his mouth CCG.

———

I’m not a fan on the way Frederick is playing things out here. It’s anti town at the very least and could signal flaily scum. I find it strange that he is saying scum won’t be pushing him but then scum reads one person who has voted him and another who has been questioning him…

In fact on the scum not pushing him angle, it feels like everyone in the thread has now expressed suspicion of Frederick (except the replacement slot by virtue of not being here). From town!Fred’s view, at least one scum must be pushing him, but he hasn’t considered that angle at all. That’s the biggest red flag to me in the whole scenario.

I’m also conscious that a theoretical scum!Fred would either have to be partnered with Froggy-slot or is being bussed thanks to the fact everyone seems to be on his case. We should wait for the replacement to post either way; but I note with interest the fact of Dio voting and saying he would unvote if it got to E-1.

———

@Dio: why have you ignored everything I have said about you?

Also: what acronyms are you wanting to know? Have you checked the wiki?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 109, AurorusVox wrote:

You mean your paragraph about not believing me saying I bought into Campbell's narrative? I don't really have anything to say to it. You don't believe me. I don't think I will change your mind by trying to debate this specific point and will probably just end up looking scummier to you. Or is there another post I have missed?
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Dionysus »

Also the acronym I had a question about was p-edit. :) and yes very familiar with the wiki, thank you!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:37 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Mainly why you avoided answering my question in #68: why me putting CCG at E-2 quickly wasn’t worthy of your suspicion but CCG doing it (potentially accidentally) was? And there was a further point in there about why you are so hesitant to use your vote with any conviction (you’ve continued this with the declaration you’d unvote Frederick if he reached E-1)

P-edit = preview edit: when you edit your post after you initially submit, after seeing new posts which come up in the preview step.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 112, AurorusVox wrote:Mainly why you avoided answering my question in #68: why me putting CCG at E-2 quickly wasn’t worthy of your suspicion but CCG doing it (potentially accidentally) was? And there was a further point in there about why you are so hesitant to use your vote with any conviction (you’ve continued this with the declaration you’d unvote Frederick if he reached E-1)

P-edit = preview edit: when you edit your post after you initially submit, after seeing new posts which come up in the preview step.
I answered this already in #59. CCG did it off the back of fluff. CCG being at E-2 later on wasn't off the back of fluff. Same for Campbell now.

And I think don't know how else to explain my hesitance beyond what I have said: I don't want scum to hammer a townie. But if you want some clarity I won't be lifting my vote from Campbell unless something big changes as the day progresses. The consensus is forming that his behaviour is flailing scum, a read I share and I would be comfortable with him being hammered.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:50 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

Spoiler: post 109 by AurorusVox
In post 109, AurorusVox wrote:
I would much prefer you to let Frederick answer for himself rather than putting words in his mouth CCG.

———

I’m not a fan on the way Frederick is playing things out here. It’s anti town at the very least and could signal flaily scum. I find it strange that he is saying scum won’t be pushing him but then scum reads one person who has voted him and another who has been questioning him…

In fact on the scum not pushing him angle, it feels like everyone in the thread has now expressed suspicion of Frederick (except the replacement slot by virtue of not being here). From town!Fred’s view, at least one scum must be pushing him, but he hasn’t considered that angle at all. That’s the biggest red flag to me in the whole scenario.

I’m also conscious that a theoretical scum!Fred would either have to be partnered with Froggy-slot or is being bussed thanks to the fact everyone seems to be on his case. We should wait for the replacement to post either way; but I note with interest the fact of Dio voting and saying he would unvote if it got to E-1.

———

Wayword Son didn't really even push me. The same goes for Weuler.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

KingTroll replaces captainkawaii666
retired
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/them

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by KingTroll »

Hello everyone! Lucky number 3 for this slot, but I'm here to play aggressively town in an attempt to mask my lack of confidence to one of the longer day cycles I've participated in! Some comments and vibes I've got from having caught up:

For the two main wagons: I'm not currently seeing Campbell Soup as anything other than a member of the town that is thinking that keeping their cards and logic mostly close to their chest is a good idea, while others in game assume that zipped lips sink ships. I don't think Campbell has had any sort of agenda in their approach and I'd argue they've been more rash in the face of resistance and a member of the Mafia would have backed off an unpopular point in an attempt to dissuade early game suspicion.

Dionysus played the game as a casual commenter up until others (such as Not Known) began making larger and more in-depth posts, in which case he began also making comprehensive posts, but mostly about game mechanics. Posts such as and are both good mechanic posts (going the full way through the scenario Campbell's logic causes and discussing the reasoning for their hesitation on giving scum an easier time hammering), but they're then forced to carry the weight of actual reads that Dion seems not confident enough in to let them sit in their own post (claiming Campbell's is just pretending to have such logic as a cover and stating that there is a "consensus" on them flailing, respectively).

For other players:

Having not been present when CCG first messed up our elimination count, none of his posts have actively pinged me in a poor fashion. His explanations hold weight to me and don't seem like artifical reasons to continue voting someone.

Space has been relatively inoffensive but I have liked the few he's posted up to this point.

Auorus is one of the people I hold in high regards so far, their approach so far has seemed to be reasonable while I was reading up on the thread.

Weuler is confident in a way I townread, dealing in solid terms rather than fenceposts (Post alone is enough for me to give them an early game town status).

Not Known is someone who has made a few posts but are confident in them. A Weuler light as of right now.

Wayward Son has by far pinged me the worst so far. There's a lot of question marks in his posts, something I normally associate with Mafia who want to appear productive and encouraging Town discussion without giving their own thoughts that could come back to bite them. Out of everyone I've read so far, they are the one who I would be happy to see a wagon on for a non-defined period of time.

VOTE: Wayward Son

Current Standings:

Town: KingTroll, Auorus, Weuler
Would like more from: CCG, Space, Not Known
Mafia: Wayward Son, Dionysus
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by KingTroll »

In post 116, KingTroll wrote:Town: KingTroll, Auorus, Weuler, Campbell
Would like more from: CCG, Space, Not Known
Mafia: Wayward Son, Dionysus
EBWOP, realized I left Campbell out of town. That should total 9 now!
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by Weuler »

[/vote]CampbellVOTE: To me it seems like he's dug himself a hole that he cannot get out of. I don't like the minimal answers that has been provided so far, and I cannot see why town would play in that way.

This is E-1 I hope this gets them talking.
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by Weuler »

VOTE: Campbell
Modus ponens
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 1.5

4 AM in Girona- Taco Hemingway

Fredrick A Campbell
(4): Wayward Son, Not Known 15, Dionysus, Weuler
Dionysus
(2): CCGeek, AurorusVox
Weuler
(1): Fredrick A Campbell
Wayward Son
(1): KingTroll

Not Voting
(1): Space

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline ends in: (expired on 2023-01-22 16:03:39).
retired
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:20 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

Weuler is town now in my opinion
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:21 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 121, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Weuler is town now in my opinion
Why do you now Town read Weuler? What has changed?
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:36 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 116, KingTroll wrote:
Dionysus played the game as a casual commenter up until others (such as Not Known) began making larger and more in-depth posts, in which case he began also making comprehensive posts, but mostly about game mechanics. Posts such as and are both good mechanic posts (going the full way through the scenario Campbell's logic causes and discussing the reasoning for their hesitation on giving scum an easier time hammering), but they're then forced to carry the weight of actual reads that Dion seems not confident enough in to let them sit in their own post (claiming Campbell's is just pretending to have such logic as a cover and stating that there is a "consensus" on them flailing, respectively).
Welcome to the game :)

I want to just dispute your final point about me not being confident in my reads to let them sit in their own post. [post=#p13610841]#78[/post] is where I point the finger at Campbell I think quite confidently, I followed this up in other posts you have referenced. You may disagree with me, but it is there. The more Campbell posts, the more sure I am that he is scum (his latest post making another u-turn for example, he's all over the place). I think it seems you disagree with me on consensus forming around him being flailing scum simply because you read him as town yourself.
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:55 am

Post by KingTroll »

Spoiler: relevant posts
In post 114, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 109, AurorusVox wrote: I’m not a fan on the way Frederick is playing things out here. It’s anti town at the very least and could signal flaily scum. I find it strange that he is saying scum won’t be pushing him but then scum reads one person who has voted him and another who has been questioning him…

Wayword Son didn't really even push me. The same goes for Weuler.
In post 118, Weuler wrote:[/vote]CampbellVOTE: To me it seems like he's dug himself a hole that he cannot get out of. I don't like the minimal answers that has been provided so far, and I cannot see why town would play in that way.

This is E-1 I hope this gets them talking.
In post 122, Dionysus wrote:
Why do you now Town read Weuler? What has changed?
Campbell is currently giving townreads like candy to anyone who votes them, which I doubt the effectiveness of.

Dion, hello! Do you have any thoughts about my entry to the game (I'm especially interested in what you might have in mind about my reads on Campbell and Wayward) that you'd like to discuss?

{P-EDIT: ! Thank you for welcoming me! Reading back to , you do pivot directly onto Campbell after backing off of CCG, and it is a post I like. I'm more under the belief that Campbell isn't flailing and instead refusing to speak about their thought processes regardless of the pressure put on them, maybe even clamming up more out of spite, with a Mafia!Campbell having tried to go on damage control long before they get hammered early day one. I am still interested if you have any other thoughts on my other reads that didn't involve you, if you'd like to chat about them!}

Campbell, do you think that you're a town wagon being pushed by other townies? In that case, who is off your wagon that must be wolf? Do you believe that the Dionysus wagon is similarly town ran, or that one or both of CCG and Aurora must be wolves on his wagon if yours is town? And, as a side note, why are you still voting Weuler if you are now town reading them?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”