Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Enchant »

Oh
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Enchant »

I hate hydras
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 535, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 283, HighPrincessErinys wrote:Ouuuuuh this was a lot. After reading from , this one's main thoughts are: Joker had a half-decent case against StD early on, but that's since kinda crumbled. His tone is kinda wacky and his points against Elements, Flea, and StD have all gotten out of whack, but it honestly... doesn't scumread him all that much. It feels like town misplaying rather than scum shitpushing from what it knows firsthand of his meta. Some of Harley's later posts (i.e. immediately under Flea stating that faer not ignoring her at all and saying NO YOU TOTALLY ARE IGNORING ME) feel
bad
though.
Can you talk a bit more about why you're not scum reading KJ?
In post 283, HighPrincessErinys wrote:That being said! StD doesn't look so good either even if Joker's case isn't quite so good anymore. His ISO is very dodgy in general but in particular is just groanworthy. Scumlean here
Talk more about this as well please.
In post 283, HighPrincessErinys wrote:That this one didn't like Elements' ISO very much, and still doesn't. Scumlean on Elements.
And this one as well, please!

A lot of vague reads here.
foreword: this one meant to reply to this but took too long and then accidentally closed the tab so this will probably be a bit lower quality than if it didnt goof.

1) Well, beyond the general impression this one from gets from experience of KJ/Joker being town, its because despite the fact that this one doesn't really agree with his case, as he's mostly arguing about meta it doesn't particularly care for, it doesn't think his case being bad comes from a scummy place. Like, we SIMPLY disagree, the case just doesn't really gel with this one, there's nothing scum about it.

2) This one, after that post, has since elaborated on StD's ISO, so hopefully that suffices.

3) Elements' ISO has a case similar to StD: Filler. Ignoring NAI things like playing chess, a number of posts just feel like they're not really saying anything of substance. and in particular. Just kinda bleh vibes overall.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm v/la starting tomorrow, I think the gameday is dragging longer than it needs to since half the thread has decided to flip STD already, so votes there are appreciated thx
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 401, Elements wrote:Having only read the top 3 posts on page 16 since my last but 1 post I think I should VOTE: enchant
To whoever asked, this was a preemptive prod dodge
Should be able to read what I've missed this evening if not tomorrow morning and put down a proper vote
UNVOTE:
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 554, Gimli wrote:I'm v/la starting tomorrow, I think the gameday is dragging longer than it needs to since half the thread has decided to flip STD already, so votes there are appreciated thx
I mean it's a compromise elimination. I rather go and flip actual scum, but we seem to be at a stalemate right now.

in hindsight I rather flip you than std, but no one seems convinced b/c its a soft case, but i'll be damned if i'm not wrong about ur alignment right now.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:37 am

Post by Gimli »

I think flipping me is never wrong since I'm terrible at mafia, but if you read the massive back and forth between the hydra pair and std/elements/flea, you'd find three better candidates at flipping scum than me. Particularly I don't think STD comes up with that HPE scumread + vote when he is playing town, it seems like trying to shift the direction of the thread.

WRT elements I think she started way too slow, and I bet she never ever spite votes KJ here as town. that she did that probably means she is mafia, she is with STD and ended up compromising her situation when pressured. This is a particularly bad post:
In post 229, Elements wrote:
In post 228, Save The Dragons wrote:This is pretty comical at this point
Honestly, this is making me town you just from the shear volume of nonsense frog is spouting
townreading STD because frog is posting 'volumes of nonsense', even if frog was doing that (he wasn't) is not a real thought.

I could be wrong, but you know.

WRT flea I just don't see the townplay because he is not playing sharp, faers posts lack depth, but there are two other points I think: 1) faer was talking crap about inability to read nancy because of a supposed hydra roleplay that isn't real, which makes me think faer is lying about it because faer is unsure when faer was supposed to start strongly townreading the slot. 2) faer is not scumreading STD; in fact I don't remember a single post faer made that was directly to or about or trying to make sense of STD's alignment, so I take it as disinterested because faer is also not town.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:44 am

Post by ActionDan »

I hope to post tonight after work.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Eiralox »

Gimli, what makes Flea the Magician worse than Passenger?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:48 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Ooof 5 page catchup, aight lets go.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:49 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 557, Gimli wrote:Particularly I don't think STD comes up with that HPE scumread + vote
This though. Discarding meta, and other details like say what we define "analysis" to be, there just won't be an argument that'll absolve StD of this.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I agree with gimli that STDs posts don't feel organic.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:13 am

In post 447, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 441, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 404, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 403, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 399, HighPrincessErinys wrote:You really vastly underestimate this one's willingness to ride the wagon. There isn't really anything this one can do to convince you "Actually, it was NOT hesitation!" though, it imagines.
i feel like you're picking the easiest argument to argue.

did you provide analysis? do you have a reason why my posts are scummy?
This one's said it before, alot of it is just surface-level or outright filler. A good number of your posts are just extensions of things that could've been one post, which a decent amount of time itself doesn't really say anything. You're really just coasting along in this one's opinion, even in your fight against Joker.
So the issue is the quantity not quality?
It's both, this one would say, but now that its noticed its VERY curious if StD will answer this one's question about what he saw in KJ that made him for them. Maybe more interested in that than the coasting at this point because its a kind of weird thing to say and then just drop quietly.
I am pretty sure your question was answered long ago at the time you're questioning. I personally feel StD has done more than you currently given I've been able to start developing a read there.

Is anyone else standing out for you at the moment?
In post 449, Passenger wrote:Hello I am here I have read up to page 16 but I can only post tomorrow

I scumread KJ, and STD and I tr Bella
Hmmm... hoping your develop on this.
Do you think StD and KJ are aligned at all? If so why?
In post 454, Malakittens wrote:Might just vote std just to move this game on.

This is legit just focusing all time and energy

Like come on

It’s getting in the way of hunting imo

Also my cat just bit me while I was sleeping so here I am awake when I need to be up in 4 hours
Do you really have that much trust in KJ to follow this blindly? KJ is giving me forced townleader vibe at the moment.
Especially given a couple posts down there's this...
In post 456, Killing Joke wrote:I think I'm right about Dragons because I remember Dragons feeling like they were more helpful than this as Town
which seems to betray KJ's confidence entirely and sums the read up as Meta.
In post 457, Bellaphant wrote:Eh, if we are wagoning lurkers I'd rather do enchant.
Enchants a coin flip tbh, I'd rather have something more concrete.
In post 482, ActionDan wrote:I have been abandoned cries

Mala is right though this is Andres scum meta. I do happen to like gimli's content posts since it's almost about where I was page 4. We'll see if that holds when he gets to page 20
What is this, the meta meta era of MS?
Sheesh.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:13 am

In post 487, Gimli wrote:137 is the hint

VOTE: STD
What hint?
In post 488, Gimli wrote:hydra too strong
You're going to be the kind who gets first sniff of their wind ain't ya...
Solid start and entry though.
In post 492, Gimli wrote:
In post 213, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 210, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 202, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 201, Killing Joke wrote:If posting Harley gifs is really keeping you from reading me than I can stop but after I saw Joker doing it, I thought it looked kinda fun. \_0_/
I mean we're here to play a game and have fun, the Harley thing you have going on is more than the gifs.

I'll work it out either way, we're still early D1, there's time yet.
What is it yer seein' here Flea? I've tried movin' me patch to each o' me eyes but can't see anythin' out o' the ordinary with Harley
We talk regular out of game and have played enough games together that of all people - Nancy is the person I'm most confident I can read quickly and accurately.

You start RP'ing and that's a barrier between the players and you - I should know, I do it on alt accounts for giggles sometimes. There's nothing off about Nancy here, and I'm wanting to try and lock a read on her ASAP - meaning the hydra is my current objective and sole focus where I'm going to put my energy.

If she's red, the RP can potentially stop me getting that red read on her, muddy the waters a bit and leave me still questioning.

If she's green and I get to a point where I can lock that in, her knowledge can help cover my blind spots (such as Mala and probably others) as I know I can then trust her reads.
I think that makes sense but the problem with what you're saying is that harley isn't hiding behind a cover, her posts have 0 roleplay (as opposed to all the pirates posting for instance) and so I don't feel too good about you talking about the images they're posting like it's hindering your ability to read harley.
So context for this is I am autistic. I notice shifts and changes in how people post and talk. The RP is minimal, yes, and its not the images. The images are just a shiny distraction for my ADHD and I have no problem with them. Same as Nancy signing as Harley, no difference.

What is different is the Harley mannerisms, structure and wording.
If I may, for example, I could begin using the mannerisms of another of my alternate accounts, however, to someone unfamiliar with me. Why, they may not notice aside from an occasionally misplaced or unusual word. They would largely be unperturbed by this, you see.
Or even me other alt where idgaf an ya can take me as tha likes me, bit more obvious this un tho.

And I do use those accounts for social experimentation and the first one gets TRd way more than the second one.
The Harley ism's and speech patterns threw off my ability to read. And yes, its subtle, but you'd be surprised how much of an effect something like that can have. Think of it like makeup. Thin, can be incredibly discreet, but still alters your perception.
In post 498, Gimli wrote:hydra dissonance in page 15: I think harley is letting caught scum talk themselves out of earlier more organic posting that denounced their affiliation. talking it out is easy and you're inviting that by bringing up past games and other things that are unrelated to this game. the fact is, std/elements/flea all joined in against your hydra like an actual pack of wolves. they made no attempt at solving each other and voted you out of spite. Maybe being inside an hydra head it's harder to feel confident about it, but as someone kind of reading on the sidelines it looks very clear to me how it happened and the rest of this game will be all about getting you n1ed and making sure nobody will understand early game enough to vote them out.
Given how the entire interaction went just prior to this point, and going from the context of your post this is discussing my interactions with Nancy, I have stepped away at this point, my vote was not out of spite and to decry me personally as making no effort to solve, I think is incorrect. I made judgement on StD and I still believe he's probably town here.
Elements is someone I have no experience with and is honestly not someone I care to put energy into at this time. I want to sort the people I know first. That means Titus, when she returns, and then diving more into StD and RR.
In post 499, Gimli wrote:it's page 16 and flea doesn't realise STD is scum yet. I don't buy it.
Given this is your next post, my point is made.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:17 am

Post by Gimli »

why do you think STD is town here, flea?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 564, Flea The Magician wrote:What hint?
I think 137 is an overreaction to what wasn't a scumlean by elements yet. it just feels awkward from STD to talk about playstyle differences and whatnot when all elements said was that she didn't like his KJ vote.

in your STD townread, are you weighing his KJ vote and reasoning as something towny, or just disregarding the entire thing? the 'I don't wanna say why I'm voting to see if someone else spots what I'm seeing' and then when he finally explains it it's a lot of air. you sure that's towny?

if you're seeing harley maneirisms in nancy's posting, okay sure, I don't see it, but she is certainly posting through the RP in a manner that you can grasp. and if you're someone that know her, you're more than capable of adapting to a microcospic difference in playstyle that, as far as I'm reading, isn't affecting the way she is reading the game. but anyway I'll drop this point for now.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:38 am

In post 515, Save The Dragons wrote:andres did nothing

gimli comes in and tries to spout out the most "least controversial" opinions that people have

i dunno. there's obviously scum on my wagon regardless of my alignment, i'd like to hunt for it before i get slaughtered
Not much controversy, the immediate kissing up to the hydra, yeah makes me raise an eyebrow. The posts I have addressed, and the preview screen seems to think I'm "caught" on the RP thing. Jurys out on him until I'm caught up.
In post 524, Passenger wrote:
In post 231, Save The Dragons wrote:Std: hey guys I'm worried about kj I'm gonna put a vote there see what happens
Kj: STD IS SCUM AND SO IS EVERYONE WHO DEFENDS HIM
HERE IS SOME META THAT IS TANGENTIALLY RELATED BUT WE'RE PRENTENDING IT'S A SCUMCLAIM.
town: *applause* let's wagon std
Do you have counterexamples of you doing the same thing as town?
Seriously if we're in a Meta Meta era I'm going back on hiatus.
The examples given by KJ are night and day difference to me.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:46 am

In post 527, Eiralox wrote:Spot. At times me spit is black so that ain't as strange.
Stop chewing all the baccy.
In post 530, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Super surprised Fenrir is the leading wagon. Wagon comp is ugly, too.

Probably gonna have to read the rest of this game.
Would love more on who's making it ugly, and why.
Loving though.
In post 545, Bellaphant wrote:I'm scum reading std (and frog a little bit) for tone but for very different reasons.

@bbt I don't feel qualified to sort the two leading wagons day one and I think hpe is Tien. Chucking a vote on enchant or elements isn't great, so I'm not voting rn.
More on reasons please.
Also why would Tien be here? ... don't tell me Chiaotzu is on the ship.
In post 548, Passenger wrote:
In post 260, Killing Joke wrote:
In post 232, Flea The Magician wrote:You know something

VOTE: Killing Joke

The level of reach in your posts is honestly disgusting.
We're 2 days in, you're literally throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks and accepting nothing in return. I tried to be nice, but its clear that The Joker is always going to be scum.
Flea is scum here. *cries*

STD scumposted when he made that post with if we PROVE we’re town to him, he’ll TRY o read us but anyone who knows how to read me correctly can tell I’m town here and Flea knows I can never be scum here, so yeaah I tr faer for paranoia on our slot but complete inability to correctly read me, Joker might be right then.

ANYONE SOLELY FOCUSED On JOKER’S POSTS And IGNORING MINE ARE PLAYING VERY BADLY And Are The MOST LIKELY To Be SCUM PUSHING US

~Harley
I also scumread Flea for those posts but for likely different and weaker reasons.
Cool. Then lets talk. I'd imagine you'd want to affirm those reasons and this gives me a chance to have a crack at sorting you.
Lets start with the post in question, my throw down. Do you disagree with anything I said there?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:13 am

In post 566, Gimli wrote:
In post 564, Flea The Magician wrote:What hint?
I think 137 is an overreaction to what wasn't a scumlean by elements yet. it just feels awkward from STD to talk about playstyle differences and whatnot when all elements said was that she didn't like his KJ vote.

in your STD townread, are you weighing his KJ vote and reasoning as something towny, or just disregarding the entire thing? the 'I don't wanna say why I'm voting to see if someone else spots what I'm seeing' and then when he finally explains it it's a lot of air. you sure that's towny?

if you're seeing harley maneirisms in nancy's posting, okay sure, I don't see it, but she is certainly posting through the RP in a manner that you can grasp. and if you're someone that know her, you're more than capable of adapting to a microcospic difference in playstyle that, as far as I'm reading, isn't affecting the way she is reading the game. but anyway I'll drop this point for now.
I can see your PoV on potentially being an overreaction but I also think StD has a point in there's a playstyle clash there. Both are honestly talking past each other more than to each other.

I've seen town do reaction test hot air posts more often than scum. Scum tend to be more cautious about such things as it can often bring attention thats hard to shake off - not to say they don't do this - but ultimately what happens next is what builds my read there.

Sadly a small stone in your shoe doesn't get any less painful just because you know its about the side of a childs little finger nail. It's still an effect and for me who deals with what is directly in front of me - it's significant just like that lil stone.

I don't read between the lines, I use exactly what's in front of me, word styles, sentence structure, what is said and what isn't. If you look back at my last post explaining this more, you'll see what I mean.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:31 am

Post by Gimli »

Townreading flea now I think
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Gimli »

We can eliminate passenger instead of STD if people feel stronger about that
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:45 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: gimli

FOR MALAKITTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 572, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: gimli

FOR MALAKITTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENS
'for malakittens'

reality: I'm the only town you can miselim today, ain't I?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:58 am

I'd need to look over Passenger properly, that will be a later job though as I'm off out for tabletop night soon.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”