Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:09 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1391, petapan wrote:

Gamma Emerald
was killed Night 1. She was a
Vanilla townie
I'm surprised.

Historically commenting about the nightkill this way is kinda scum indicative and I avoid doing it because of that regardless of alignment, but this NK is so weird to me that I'm kinda "flabbergasted".

Even if scum didn't want to kill me, it really surprises me that they didn't kill Norwee. It, in fact, makes almost no sense to me except if I take a few convenient explanations and I don't want directly go into that. I need to reconsider this game.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:15 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1404, giuseppina wrote:it's kinda hard for me to see how shirou's push to end the day there comes from town

like pushing to eliminate una immediately when she wasn't around but was going to return soon while two other slots who have been suspected throughout the day are being replaced and multiple players are asking for time is !?!
I literally threatened the entire thread to vote off Auro in a few IRL hours in Black Flag or else I would stop playing the game. I've literally done "worse" as town before and everyone "suspected me" for it just like here.

I've never done something similar to scum because there's literally no point no matter how much WIFOM you try to add it. The elimination was definitely gonna be one of Una/Ari there and me rushing one of them makes me seem needlessly more responsible for it. If anything what I would have done there if we assume that Ari is town for a second, was to complain a lot about they being the most likely elimination but do
near nothing
about it in actual actions, just like what I did to town!Okapoka in Baton Pass while he was being eliminated. I was loud about it but all bark no bite.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:21 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1405, giuseppina wrote:i don't really know how to take into account aristeia selfvote or norwegianboyee saying shirou should never be suspected while shirou was in the midst of ~this
It's because if you consider yourself a meta player and actually scum read me and Norwee here I don't know what to say to you.

There was two players in this list with a good track record of reading me: Una and Norwee. Both town read me rather strongly. What makes you think that two of the best people in historically suspecting me as scum early on (D1) are wrong but you're right?

As scum I know how to seem
superficially
townie and say "all the right things" to avoid suspicion, I don't remember a single scum game where I was heavily suspected for most of the time except maybe a meme 4p micro game which I wasn't interested on.

The fact I've been so
chaotic
that it's making people suspicious of me is a strong town indicator for me I believe. I'm somewhat chaotic as scum at certain points but definitely much less than here, because I know the "WIFOM" isn't worth it.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:28 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 767, Una wrote:
In post 765, Shirou wrote:
In post 754, Una wrote:Rly I'm slightly hurt by town!shirou gamethrow and heavily hurt by scum!shirou making an optimal play instead of slightly slightly weaker lines that let me hang out day 2 and 3 don't we have so much fun together.

You break my heart
Oh, I just realized that if you're town you should town read me just for the fact I'm trying to kill you here for no good reason!

Like, I didn't nightkill you even when I should in N1 of that game I was scum vs town!you, I probably really would try to save your slot here if we weren't partners in that hypothetical scum!Shirou scenario
I find that at least somewhat compelling

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:36 pm

Post by Shirou »

If you think that as scum I literally kill Una in D1 here for whatever reason it's also straight up
wrong

Even in my first scum game ever in this site, I actually keep both NSG and RC alive in N1 (which surprises them greatly) because I simply wanted to play more with them. I've already done something similar to Una before as she admitted in the above.

I've already commented about it in my PT and didn't want to say much here because it'll probably look fake but...I was really sad about this elimination flipping town. If you ask me whether I regret it, I'm not sure. I don't think Una would be able to convince me of not voting her, so I don't think the end result would have mattered unless I either voted Ari instead of trusted more my TGP read, because as it stands they still have a chance of being scum I guess.

Ari is a better scum hunter than me though so having her share almost identical reads boosted my confidence on it being right too much perhaps, because I thought there was a good chance she was town here being the most popular wagon and all (and thus why I tried to change the gamestate).

I'm really sorry Una
. If you're reading this, I'm the most sorry not for the way I pushed you necessarily (think about it, if you efforted here and I ended up miseliminating you anyway wouldn't it be kinda worse? :( ) but for the fact...I got your alignment wrong. I'll not trust my gut as much on you next time, I thought I would be able to read you correctly but it seems my "vibes sensor" isn't very good...

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:49 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1449, fireisredsir wrote:i think him saying that toto is ridiculous for suggesting that it's even possible they could be scum together is p silly and not really believable
I literally said a very similar thing about Enchant/Midway in Dance Game (which was correct and everyone disagreed):

If someone is *actually* pushing/voting an unsuspected slot (rather than just saying "oh yeah they could be scum"), there's good reason to not have your first assumption be that it's a bus. It's because most often than not it isn't, most scum busses when their partner are already suspected, or they voice suspicions that they take awhile to follow through if they ever do.

If TGP is ever scum here, I'm sorry but I've 100% of the credits on his flip because it was me pushing him that made him post even more scummy stuff and become a common suspect. I'm not saying for you to town read me but thinking that it's a good idea to eliminate me in the next dayphase if TGP flips scum is...yeah.

It's fun and all to say "Shirou has a masterplan here" but no matter how you slice it, TGP wasn't a suspect until I pushed him and if I was scum with him my wincon would be much much easier if I didn't do whatever I did here towards him.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1425, Aubrey wrote:Shirou, if you didn’t trust either slot then there was no reason for your antics…this just makes Fire/Ari seem more like a prime suspect. Your friend also seemed disinterested in the game so why go to the trouble of keeping her in longer and offing Una? Who couldn’t even defend their slot?
Because this isn't a "whoever is more disinterested/the easier elimination gets voted"? It's "vote scum" and I believed back then that Una had kinda better odds of flipping scum than Ari.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1433, fireisredsir wrote:ari wasn't disinterested in the game
holy cope.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:04 pm

Post by Shirou »

Honestly this strongarm'ing playstyle isn't bringing me good results as town and it emotionally really messes with me. Maybe it's cheap to say that but I strongly believe that if I wasn't so obnoxious about the MariaR push and first eliminated, dunno, VPBaltar's pair in the Dance Game, and later we eliminated MariaR/Furtive anyway because of PoE, there's good chances we could have won the Dance Game.

I was correctly suspecting Ydra of TMI on her read on Furtive if MariaR/Furt was t/t, and hadn't completely stopped suspecting Meuh yet. It was after MariaR's t/t flip that I emotionally crumbed and just didn't feel like suspecting Meuh anymore while she was consoling me in the PT. I also felt guilty about Ydra's AtE and even though I even said in the thread I probably shouldn't I ended up giving town points for it to her (because again, guilty).

I'm trying to not show my grief on getting Una wrong here (for game unrelated reasons, I just enjoyed her) partially because it's been 2 days already and I'm a bit better, also because it would probably sound "fake", but I'm really disappointed at myself here for not correctly reading her (no, I don't regret the rushing per se that much)...

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by Shirou »

I want to say I'll make scum regret not killing me N2 but I'm not good enough for that. I'll try though.
In post 1369, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1366, Shirou wrote:Thank you CSF I love you even if this is town and you're scum.
I love you too! You may not remember me, but we were in team mafia 2018 together :)
Did you mean Team Mafia 2020 though? I didn't play TM 2018 so I wonder if you're confusing me for someone else?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1459, Shirou wrote:I want to say I'll make scum regret not killing me
N2
but I'm not good enough for that. I'll try though.
N1*

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:16 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'm feeling that I'm almost forced for today to town read some players here that I do have positive feelings but nothing concrete because otherwise we probably straight up lose the game either way and I've not many people I can work with here given Gamma was NK'd.

Cakez slot seemed kinda towny as by my previous readlist, and perhaps it's biased but I like CSF correctly pinpointing that there wasn't that much incentive to go about the elimination this way as scum, so I'm gonna call her town for now.

So in my "town block" I want to work with here there's [CSF, Norwee] hmm, Gamma would be on it as well but she is dead unhappily.

One or two more people need to be towny so I can attempt to solve this game seriously now. No strongarming but real discussion aka mystery box of silver style.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:29 pm

Post by Shirou »

So many people are voicing suspicious on TGP together with me that I'm beginning to consider he really may be scum and this is an attempt to guilty me...however is that really the case? It's really convenient if I was right about this game on D1 but I've been left alive.

Maybe, scum hasn't been too suspected yet so they want me to continue being loud about my previous day reads. The problem is, two names that come to my mind when I think of that can be the decisive slots on whether I'm eliminated today or not, so it's a tricky position to be in.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:37 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1026, Shirou wrote:[Norwe] - town read
[---] - town lean
[
Gamma
, Toto, Catscratching, Pina, Aubrey] - nulltown* (maybe some scum here idk)
[StD, Klick] - null
[Aristeia] - nullscum
[
Una
, Lucian, TGP] - scum lean**
[---] - scum read
Hmm, Let's attempt to seriously solve this game I guess...I'm resetting myself a bit. TGP is still my prime suspect but I need to think about this. One of StD/Pina/Toto needs to be correctly town read.

[Norwe]
[CSF]
[---]
[StD, Klick, Aubrey, Pina, Toto]
[Fire, Lucian, TGP]
[---]
[---]

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1449, fireisredsir wrote:i don't think that the way he pushed tgp and then backs off actually makes any sense at all as town. it's all positional there's no real read behind it
maybe it's because your slot was fine with self-voting but not voting with me on TGP???

How is this my fault. We clearly would have done TGP there if Ari had voted with us, and I'm not blaming Ari here, what I mean to say is that I clearly tried to make a TGP wagon happen and saying I didn't when other people resisted is straight up bad faith.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:50 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1410, fireisredsir wrote:oops apologies csf i will try to linebreak and/or punctuation more
hm

I hadn't noticed this yet

what.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:51 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1465, Shirou wrote:
In post 1410, fireisredsir wrote:oops apologies csf i will try to linebreak and/or punctuation more
hm

what.
oh ok uh

the explanation sounds somewhat believable I guess.

Norwe where is your head at here today? Would you vote with me on TGP if it came to that and who do you think is almost always town here other than me?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'm hurting so bad for town leans that I'm start to grap at straws. whatever. I don't think I can afford to hedge on scum!Pina this game.

[Norwe]
[CSF, Pina]
[---]
[StD, Klick, Aubrey, Toto]
[Fire, Lucian, TGP]
[---]
[---]

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by Shirou »

StD/Klick/Aubrey is the real nightmare

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1468, Shirou wrote:StD/Klick/Aubrey is the real nightmare
to be clear: I feel they can easily be either scum or town and it's hard to find anything on their ISO that I feel it comes significantly more from one alignment in specific.

(Aka Volpe14)
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1413, Aubrey wrote:Gamma just seems like a zero info kill. So scum must be happy enough with the game state to some degree I guess.
Why is that your conclusion?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1464, Shirou wrote:
In post 1449, fireisredsir wrote:i don't think that the way he pushed tgp and then backs off actually makes any sense at all as town. it's all positional there's no real read behind it
maybe it's because your slot was fine with self-voting but not voting with me on TGP???

How is this my fault. We clearly would have done TGP there if Ari had voted with us, and I'm not blaming Ari here, what I mean to say is that I clearly tried to make a TGP wagon happen and saying I didn't when other people resisted is straight up bad faith.
Yeah in hindsight TGP might have been the better choice, but Una felt like such badmuffin this game i couldn’t resist the chance to ride the bandwagon straight to hell.

@Fire Why do you townread me?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1466, Shirou wrote:
In post 1465, Shirou wrote:
hm

what.
oh ok uh

the explanation sounds somewhat believable I guess.

Norwe where is your head at here today? Would you vote with me on TGP if it came to that and who do you think is almost always town here other than me?
I wanna think a bit more about this game and future postings before i come to any conclusions. Don’t wanna be wrong again.

- Bunno
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:02 am

Post by Gimli »

Hi I'm in this game so just checking in. I'm sure we can turn this ship around and win

I'm v/la and will de phoneposting for the next week or so
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:03 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1470, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1413, Aubrey wrote:Gamma just seems like a zero info kill. So scum must be happy enough with the game state to some degree I guess.
Why is that your conclusion?
She was highly townread but not very active and not really solving much I would argue.

Return to “Completed Open Games”