she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

okay gn!
In post 1481, Gimli wrote:
In post 1413, Aubrey wrote:Gamma just seems like a zero info kill. So scum must be happy enough with the game state to some degree I guess.
I think this thought from Aubrey is towny right after they say they want to flip Ari, cause it points to a paranoia that flipping the counterwagon is gonna hit another towny

Can't post more for a while hopefully I can read a little bit today
But Aubrey also wants to vote Aristeia/fireisred (he reiterates this wish in ), who was the major counterwagon to Una. If there is significant paranoia about flipping the CW, I'm not seeing it. Does that change your read there?

I see you have Aubrey as one of your top towns in . Did you have another reason for townreading him?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Aubrey »

9 pages….the hell fam.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1687, Save The Dragons wrote: also it's interesting he says norwee should have been killed, which is playing into my now paranoia that shirou and norwee are partners. *sweatdrop*.
Tbh i pretty much consider myself limbait 99% of the time so everytime i'm killed it's like... shocking.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Okay I’ve skimmed and feel so lost here…I don’t think gamma kill points to Klick at all. Until TGP gets his ass in I feel like we are talking in circles on that slot…What’s the short case on Klick without Gamma kill analysis?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by Aubrey »

What’s the short case on Shirou without all this OMG he’s so good at scum and big scary man oogabooga.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Honestly, idk.
TGP's post that made me scumread them was basically the: "Shirou scary so they must die because could be scum" type of scumread.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Toto »

Short case is he has no real reads and is just trying to get mislims by getting thread control at opportunistic moments. A lot of his reads are just posturing or overcomplicated because he is having a hard time making them up.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Toto »

Like if you look closely what reads does he really have that feel natural?
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1732, Toto wrote:Like if you look closely what reads does he really have that feel natural?
I think it would be more helpful if you explain why the reads aren't natural.

- Bunno
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Aubrey »

If he’s struggling then wouldn’t he just ease up and begin tunneling a but more….it just seems like overkill effort here.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I guess effort isn’t really indicative, but it just seems like if he’s scum he maybe taking the harder than necessary road to me.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Toto »

To be honest I have not looked at his scum games but he strikes me as the type that likes playing as a wolf and tricking people. Happy to be corrected by someone more experienced with his scum game.

Does anyone think he is out of his scum range here?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I mean TGP is probably biting it today. Let’s get real. A slot like him, unless able to obvi town some how will die in this environment due to the rate of content alone.

I don’t see maf risking their necks for him to much and will likely try and get townie points for his demise if he is in fact scum. If town then he is just fodder.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by Toto »

If you look at the emotions on the last part of d1. He is
saying
he finds the game depressing on multiple ocations but it looked to me he was having a lot of fun.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I’m not tracking with that, sorry.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Toto »

Btw did you answer who you are voting tomorrow if we lim town fire?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Specifically no. I’d be looking at those who weren’t voting or just following the general flow of the crowd. I don’t see maf needing to take charge on two town wagons. I’d be able to pool players a bit. I don’t see much point spiraling here unto I have a confirm on Fire though.

I don’t recal TGP really being as big of a contender as someone stating. I think he was a loose option…I need to review D1 a bit to see how he equated into the mix. I doubt Fire is a viable vote today though…So I’ll likely need to move on as new things arise, but I feel stuck.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Let me ask one question regarding the idea of a Scum!Shirou…regardless of how chaotic they are, I argue they want to win at the end of the day as mafia no matter what. If mafia, they would be working with their team to do some interesting plays in a perfect world. OR Shirou would be playing in a protective manner to ensure A: the teammates are protected if they flip or B: He and one other we be guaranteed to make it to endgame.

Since it seems proven that Shirou likes thread control, I’d wager they would want mafia control in order to dictate the game as much as possible.

Do y’all think this is playing out?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Have y’all did seen this playing out?*
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Toto »

The fact it is not supposedly working doesn't mean they didn’t try? Not sure I follow.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Toto »

To be honest the thing that busts my balls is the whole rush at the end of d1, why go in we need to kill right now right after lucian’s replacement was announced, while una was on vla not able to defend herself.

The whole thing reeks of scum agenda and theatre.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Consider personality and win condition is the easiest way I can put it. I’m genuinely asking because while I’m “up to date” I feel like I only have like…20-30% grasp here of what’s gone down. So I’m curious here.

Off my recollection I’d argue that what i described may not be happening. Did the stunt with Nboy really have any effect on the game or seem like it was meant to? Clearly with Ari that wasn’t SvS shenanigans id wager. There really hasn’t been any theater-else where that I can recall…I’m just not so sure their actions come from a scum minded mentality if we consider the win condition. If we had to nab all the scum then maybe I can see the argument?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

spent time rereading during night. let's go.

shirou is town no matter how much they disagree with or suspect me. currently at like 10/11 chances that they're town, which is probably the highest odds i'm going to get for someone who isn't mechanically town confirmed or something. the tl;dr here is that i was wrong, scum reading shirou was incorrect. doesn't mean i'm agreeing with their takes or something.
In post 1721, Shirou wrote:Town leaning TGP here is TMI on steroids even if he's town.
also, relevant,
everyone scum reads me all the time and this isn't actually ai and you should adjust for it in your brains.
i don't really claim tgp-2-years-ago but i suspect i repeatedly get scumread just for, like, not posting often in hyperposting threads. @shirou townleaning me is probably just a matter of, like, updating correctly where you correct for the bias of me reading scummy by default.
In post 1706, fireisredsir wrote:tbh im like mildly concerned at how i put klick suspicion into the conversation and started talking about that a bit and then shirou like full force jumps into that and starts hard pushing in that direction, when his last previous mention just had them in null/difficult to sort

it could just be the timing is a coincidence but it does make me hesitate a lil bit
VOTE: fireisredsir
bad post from a scummy slot. i felt ari was pretty survival-oriented and, for lack of a better word, plasticized yesterday and i'm not super excited about fire's takes here. like this post feels passive aggressive instead of trying to sort shirou you just passive aggressively say this
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:11 pm

also yes sorry i fucked up my math and thought i was putting una at l-1
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:12 pm

In post 1746, Aubrey wrote:Consider personality and win condition is the easiest way I can put it. I’m genuinely asking because while I’m “up to date” I feel like I only have like…20-30% grasp here of what’s gone down. So I’m curious here.

Off my recollection I’d argue that what i described may not be happening. Did the stunt with Nboy really have any effect on the game or seem like it was meant to? Clearly with Ari that wasn’t SvS shenanigans id wager. There really hasn’t been any theater-else where that I can recall…I’m just not so sure their actions come from a scum minded mentality if we consider the win condition. If we had to nab all the scum then maybe I can see the argument?
aubrey i feel this so hard right now. i reread this damned game and barely am grasping what's going down because hyperpost culture. me when i want to play in geriatrics desperately. i miss old slow ms

Return to “Completed Open Games”