Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Gimli »

Ah It means you were supposed to be playing mafia instead of being a massive potato
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Gimli »

I think
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by Elements »

potato shmotato
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Elements »

to me it reads like Frog is saying I'm far out of my town range
All my completed games
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Gimli »

Yeah, I think you are as well
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

This one hasn't had a good and easy time keeping up but yeah it doesn't think you're looking too good either Elements.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Killing Joke
Killing Joke
They/Them
Goon
Killing Joke
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Killing Joke »

In post 1018, Gimli wrote:
In post 1015, Killing Joke wrote:This is self-conscious in a way that indicates scum thinking because she is worried about the hydra slot containing Harley and I.
This is a great way to read into the Titus' hydra bit
Titus let me be the active head in both LOST and Cosmos but town!her tends to have some stronger stances than we’ve seen so far in this game but we’ll see.

However, since she isn’t in a hydra, I would expect to hear more from her because she didn’t do much in redux and was obviously not in a hydra in that. So null for me for now but watching closely. Same with RR. Still don’t like any of STD/Elements/Passenger and Flea’s posting has gotten really good so feel good about that read.

BoP means either your degree of reading accuracy in general or on a specific player.

@Elements, I don’t feel your drive to solve here I usually do.

~Harley
Macabre hydra of
Frogsterking
Joker and
Nancy Drew 39
Harley Quinn

https://youtu.be/ua4mWCghnmU
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Elements »

it's a large
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Elements »

not a great defence but it is what it is
All my completed games
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by Eiralox »

I have some minor issues with Joker's words but overall blegh. I'm running on sunk costs here. Even if I'm wrong at this point I'm too far gone to turn back.

I'm be in me cabin.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Holy moly 10 pages of activity. I have a train ride to read I guess.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

i honestly may have just forgotten the subtext of what i meant because i posted it like a week ago

if you're looking for gotchas you're more likely to find them in honest town than scum covering their tracks
Killing Joke
Killing Joke
They/Them
Goon
Killing Joke
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by Killing Joke »

Receipts for my 4 games of Town talking themselves--including myself in the first example--into losing to scum!Dragons for lol reasons:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=88804

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88987

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=89946

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89954

Every single time Dragons gets called out early on to varying degrees, spams AtE, a minority of Town slots start advocating for Dragons because they think he's the victim of...being correctly called out I guess...and then predictably they're kept around and the slot goes on to endgame. This is my fifth game against scum!Dragons and I believe this Town is no exception if you refuse now to punish him for being caught. The activity tell is not absolute and the post count can lie. Most of Dragons posts are literally filler to bump his postcount (, ) gaslighting his scum tells away () or literally pushing ideas that are specifically documented to make Town lose:
In post 777, Save The Dragons wrote:I suspect scum aren't saying much because they're happy with the status quo
In post 778, Bellaphant wrote:Yeah it's weirdly quiet. I don't think this should be the elim today.
In post 781, Killing Joke wrote:
In post 778, Bellaphant wrote:Yeah it's weirdly quiet. I don't think this should be the elim today.
This is anti town though and a documented trick to make towns lose.

How to Throw Mafia Games
by Alison
Excerpt from Flashwagons
Many towns will simply heed a call of “flash wagon!” and frantically switch targets like a raid boss having their aggro pulled by a moronic DPS. But some more skeptical playerlists might need a little convincing. Fortunately, you have a wide variety of fallacious arguments that you can pull out of your arsenal in order to convince them. Don’t bother using just one, either: use every one you think you can get away with, especially if other players have limited time (owing to the impending deadline) to refute them. It worked for Duane Gish, and it can work for you.

The first argument you will be using is DADV, which stands for “Dead Air, Dead Villager”.The real-life Italian Mafia abide by a strict code of silence known as omertà. Similarly, forum mafia teams are also bound to a strict code of silence that forbids them from talking whenever a villager is being wagoned. It therefore follows that any game thread which goes for more than five minutes without a post is guaranteed to be wagoning an innocent townie. No self-respecting mafioso would ever wolfread - or, god forbid, vote - a teammate, and so if someone in the game is a consensus suspect, that person is confirmed town, and you should treat them as such.
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... -Alison%29

It was dirty of Dragons to suggest it and you should be more savvy than to go along with him like that, Bella. Are you still scum reading us for being confident and stuff or do you want in on the Crew Core? 'Cause we are about killing the Mutineers one by one while they flail helplessly until they are dead, not befriending them. Are you hardcore enough for that lifestyle?

I think maybe you should be the one to force Dragons on the plank to show you've got what it takes to sail with this Crew Core.

As the Joker I can inform you that it is absolutely too foolish to "give Dragons another chance." Dragons doesn't need "more chances" to mislead Town, Dragons has been given chances, there is no misunderstanding, they are simply scum. I do not want scum!Dragon on this ship and I do not to spend D2 hearing about how scum!Dragon is this or that and that's why they're really, really trying and everyone else is just sooo mean.

I have heard it all before, it was only convincing the first time and every time Town just needed to stop second guessing themselves or falling for AtE. It's not next level play or avant garde to vote Passenger out first because "it doesn't matter which one goes first" and expect it will magically get easier to eliminate Dragons after scum start picking off the players who scumread him. Keeping Dragons around to tapdance his way around our ship is an approach that's boring, plodding, fear-based, didn't work for any of the four Towns I've seen who tried it, and for God's sake read : the Dragon slot is told on by Passenger to be a slot scum are willing to compromise themselves over in order to prevent from being the D1 lim.
In post 1019, Elements wrote:does anyone other than Frog see a perspective change between and , ?
Coz I don't
In post 1024, Radical Rat wrote:I am going to wait on the actual big post to respond, but for now suffice to say I take issue with... a lot of this.

It is certainly NOT the bombshell game solving revelation it was hyped to be
I have two scum reads who want to keep me talking, I've written this post, and , I'm going to stop talking.

Macabre hydra of
Frogsterking
Joker and
Nancy Drew 39
Harley Quinn

https://youtu.be/ua4mWCghnmU
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Elements »

is directed to literally everyone
except
you
All my completed games
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

So... You're taking your ball and going home because I wanted to give you a chance to elaborate on things instead of arguing with incomplete points???
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Man I love losing posts. I'll consolidate.
In post 826, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 804, ActionDan wrote:What posts of StD's did you find towny?
Assuming this is aimed at me, I won't actually pull specific posts because why the fuck would I when i don't operate on that unless I'm locked on as I read surprisingly over multiple posts and frankly I'm not in the mood to quote wall either.

Overall, his posts have felt and read as genuine, to me his tone is open and often indignant, he's made several attempts to move past the miscommunications and I can honestly understand his perspective here. I feel as scum he would've either gone hard on counter attacks or gone quiet.

The "attacks" on him are absolute bilge water so far as I'm concerned.
Yes many of his posts do read genuine. He is exasperated, he is exhausted, he does have the major pain in the ass and bulwark that is KJ to deal with. That much is true but its not exclusively a town trait. As is an indignant tone or being open. You have to if you want to survive as scum. Being consistently conciliatory and self-effacing makes you a pushover and decreases your chances for survival. Moving past miscommunications should win no one favors, nor do I see that from StD's postings. Take 508 - 512 as an example, or better, the one you were clearly referring to 607 - 626. It takes half a page to state the obvious once its played out while there were better ways to handle that while driving home the supposedly important point that Gimli was acting in character to a scum meta.

Do you not think it a problem that StD hasn't "gone hard on counter attacks"? The reason you think that is that there's hardly any weight to his criticisms of his detractors in 575. I know I didn't feel anything from the paltry and unexacting blurb about me, and the others are of the same quality.

I'm not putting too much effort into digesting Eira's or KJ's reasons for voting StD while they are my wagonmates, much less concerned with them than say, Titus's or Enchant's vote. I have however have a good grasp of why HPE voted StD and I am happy to bat for that if need be.

---

I do not have a red polaroid equipped when reading through StD's postings. There are plenty that are not scummy, there are plenty that I could easily see coming from town, for example 762 pushing for engagement with HPE's wagoneers or 809 which is the kind of flipout I'd have expected earlier (ofc I think it's undercut by the very next post but ymmv).

But he's likely scum. There are certain absolutes. One for his past votes on KJ and HPE were bad. Particularly the scumread of HPE. It's not hard to see they are town, and I think StD is competent enough to be able to see that too.

Another thing that caught my eye was post 650. Eira imo did not respond to this properly but in StD's 575 this quote appears:
In post 575, Save The Dragons wrote:Eiralox is probably green but i'm still salty that they mischaracterized my...side's, i guess...argument to "wow you have a lot of scumreads" it doesn't look like they actually tried to understand what i was putting out so it's disappointing. other than that i've felt good vibewise about the slot.
I do not think town would have the same rote antagonistic response to 644; despite its... imaginative argumentation... town would not write it off completely as wasted breath.

I also dislike the self-vote pushing to E-2. It wasn't hammerable.

---

I can't say I'd be incredibly unhappy if Passenger is flipped instead; I think its rather self evident why (and no its not because he didn't change his vote off HPE after posting a reads list), but this opportunity to elim StD probably won't come again.

I might be around again in the hour before deadline but I think you guys can manage an Elim.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Man I love losing posts. I'll consolidate.
In post 826, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 804, ActionDan wrote:What posts of StD's did you find towny?
Assuming this is aimed at me, I won't actually pull specific posts because why the fuck would I when i don't operate on that unless I'm locked on as I read surprisingly over multiple posts and frankly I'm not in the mood to quote wall either.

Overall, his posts have felt and read as genuine, to me his tone is open and often indignant, he's made several attempts to move past the miscommunications and I can honestly understand his perspective here. I feel as scum he would've either gone hard on counter attacks or gone quiet.

The "attacks" on him are absolute bilge water so far as I'm concerned.
Yes many of his posts do read genuine. He is exasperated, he is exhausted, he does have the major pain in the ass and bulwark that is KJ to deal with. That much is true but its not exclusively a town trait. As is an indignant tone or being open. You have to if you want to survive as scum. Being consistently conciliatory and self-effacing makes you a pushover and decreases your chances for survival. Moving past miscommunications should win no one favors, nor do I see that from StD's postings. Take 508 - 512 as an example, or better, the one you were clearly referring to 607 - 626. It takes half a page to state the obvious once its played out while there were better ways to handle that while driving home the supposedly important point that Gimli was acting in character to a scum meta.

Do you not think it a problem that StD hasn't "gone hard on counter attacks"? The reason you think that is that there's hardly any weight to his criticisms of his detractors in 575. I know I didn't feel anything from the paltry and unexacting blurb about me, and the others are of the same quality.

I'm not putting too much effort into digesting Eira's or KJ's reasons for voting StD while they are my wagonmates, much less concerned with them than say, Titus's or Enchant's vote. I have however have a good grasp of why HPE voted StD and I am happy to bat for that if need be.

---

I do not have a red polaroid equipped when reading through StD's postings. There are plenty that are not scummy, there are plenty that I could easily see coming from town, for example 762 pushing for engagement with HPE's wagoneers or 809 which is the kind of flipout I'd have expected earlier (ofc I think it's undercut by the very next post but ymmv).

But he's likely scum. There are certain absolutes. One for his past votes on KJ and HPE were bad. Particularly the scumread of HPE. It's not hard to see they are town, and I think StD is competent enough to be able to see that too.

Another thing that caught my eye was post 650. Eira imo did not respond to this properly but in StD's 575 this quote appears:
In post 575, Save The Dragons wrote:Eiralox is probably green but i'm still salty that they mischaracterized my...side's, i guess...argument to "wow you have a lot of scumreads" it doesn't look like they actually tried to understand what i was putting out so it's disappointing. other than that i've felt good vibewise about the slot.
I do not think town would have the same rote antagonistic response to 644; despite its... imaginative argumentation... town would not write it off completely as wasted breath.

I also dislike the self-vote pushing to E-2. It wasn't hammerable.

---

I can't say I'd be incredibly unhappy if Passenger is flipped instead; I think its rather self evident why (and no its not because he didn't change his vote off HPE after posting a reads list), but this opportunity to elim StD probably won't come again.

I might be around again in the hour before deadline but I think you guys can manage an Elim.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:33 pm

Post by Gimli »