Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:29 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 2329, Save The Dragons wrote:i guess i think everything klick is doing is townie

EXCEPT

if TGP is scum i think klick's defense of TGP would be pretty scummy
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Klick »

I completely missed that lol
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Toto »

Klick I understand if your motivation is low. Do you have an opinion on who you would vote today yet?

Spoiler: for klick
Sorry for your loss.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Klick »

Not particularly. I feel like fire and Gimli are vaguely good shouts for scum
I feel like associatives with TGP are going to help me a lot more with identifying likely scum than anything else that's happened thus far
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 am

Post by fireisredsir »

if you think that scum were comfortable about flipping tgp and expecting it to happen then why do you think that looking for associatives will be the most helpful path to finding scum?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Klick »

I find associatives to be the easiest way for me to decide who scum is generally
I fail to see a reason that scum being comfortable about flipping TGP and expecting it to happen changes this
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Klick »

Just because scum planned associatives around TGP doesn't mean it's impossible to discern whether how certain players interacted with TGP came from town or a scumbuddy

What an odd take
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:02 am

Post by fireisredsir »

my take wasn't that it was impossible to sort people based on it, i asked you to explain your mindset, i wasn't even giving a take even if it implied that i found your approach questionable. the eagerness to use that as a primary method of solving the game (more helpful than anything else that's happened) just felt off to me

ive seen trying to read solely based on associatives lead people down the wrong path more often than not lately and i had that in mind myself while reading, to be careful and keep in mind that scum probably expected this lim to happen. as scum personally im usually internally begging people to go back and reread so that they get tripped up on the false associatives that i put a lot of work into, so as town i try to be aware of that and keep myself from putting too much weight into it

i don't think they should be ignored obviously but it felt like there was a lack of skepticism/hesitation going into it which to me felt out of place with the belief that scum likely believed they had good enough associatives with tgp that they would come out of the flip okay
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Shirou »

this game gets weirder the longer it goes on

i would like to wrap this up today, i'm a bit more confident on myself given my first strong scum read TGP was de facto scum, but at the same time i'm puzzled on why i'm still alive if my PoE is anywhere right

but again

i was right on TGP and left alive in day 2 anyway

i'm not sure what is the scum team supposed plan anymore

do they even have a plan in fact...
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:43 am

Post by Shirou »

there's things that are a bit clear or very likely to me now, like Gamma being killed because she was indeed suspecting TGP quite a lot but it wasn't something that would look obviously bad on TGP like me

however some of them also only is evident to me because i know my alignment or if you town read me from a third person pov

if you do a leap of faith and consider me town (which honestly i feel like i almost "deserve" a bit given certain things TGP said like "Shirou is too good as town to be left alive" or "Shirou you are better than that and you know it", or even his weird ass progression on me), i think those night kills are pretty curious to wonder about

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:45 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2458, Shirou wrote:this game gets weirder the longer it goes on

i would like to wrap this up today, i'm a bit more confident on myself given my first strong scum read TGP was de facto scum, but at the same time i'm puzzled on why i'm still alive if my PoE is anywhere right

but again

i was right on TGP and left alive in day 2 anyway

i'm not sure what is the scum team supposed plan anymore

do they even have a plan in fact...
This could be very egoistical thinking, but my current theory is that we are both town and scum doesn't want to kill either of us because that would conf!town the other. But if we're both alive then there could still be paranoia on our slots like "Oh but what if the two slots townreading each other are the team??" and in turn make our voice less effective.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We are allowed 3 miseliminations total before a loss so i'm not going to be paranoid about Shirou unless somehow we're both alive in ElO and scum hasn't been found by then.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1176, TheGoldenParadox wrote:if shirou is town, he is going to get NKed by scum in the next couple of days, because they are too powerful for that to not be true, and the WIFOM isn't worth it, but we do get the benefit of a strong townie for at least a couple days, and for the NK to be Shirou as opposed to the second most powerful townie or whatever.
:thinking:

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Shirou »

i need to think about this game

bye for now

(Aka Volpe14)
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by Toto »

lmao was that a scumclaim?
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2430, Gimli wrote:I'm on my phone and I'm travelling again tonight, I'm saying what I'm saying from memory. The part about it being "impossible to come from partners" is on you, which idk if it's a tendency you have regardless or if you're mafia here, but doing a straw man just to beat it up is a tiresome approach.
Bussing is actually an op strategy in this setup in particular

Another point in that direction is that Save the dragons wasn’t super hard pushing TGP but was killed. I think the offwagon kill suggests that scum want to keep the pool of people who pushed tgp as large as possible, because that’s where scum are hiding
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2464, Toto wrote:lmao was that a scumclaim?
yes toto

my partner actually described how if i don't get NK'd i'm supposedly scum and i didn't get NK'd

it's not the scum team plan to hope to somehow suspect me/CSF some other slots that are needed to have enough mislims here if my PoE is somewhat right, it was just TGP scum slipping our plan in the main thread

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by Shirou »

CSF HI

I'm a bit paranoid of scum being in my town leans given I'm still here but blegh, should trust myself for at least one or two more days given I was right on TGP from the start

what are your top 2 or 3 votes rn CSF?

(Aka Volpe14)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:14 pm

In post 2446, Klick wrote:
Spoiler: off-topic
A close family friend died unexpectedly Saturday night. That has generally killed my motivation for all but the bare minimum in the past few days. I'll keep up to date, but the next few days might not be up for much.
Spoiler:
Sorry to hear that Klick :(
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:14 pm

In post 2467, Shirou wrote:CSF HI

I'm a bit paranoid of scum being in my town leans given I'm still here but blegh, should trust myself for at least one or two more days given I was right on TGP from the start

what are your top 2 or 3 votes rn CSF?
I think fire/gimli is a good start, and I’m a little worried about Klick
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Shirou »

I think we shouldn't touch Klick I would backflip if not even one scum bussed here

there has to be a busser

(Aka Volpe14)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:16 pm

Tgp’s push on fire yesterday still seems like a last ditch effort at planting an anti associative
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'm not sure I want to go for that rather than TGP just planting the seed for a guaranteed mislim on fire

but I do think Fire can easily be scum here after all at this rate

I thought Ari slot only made sense to be scum with TGP after the self-vote, because maybe she thought TGP slot had a better shoot at endgaming than her own so she didn't want to wagon TGP with me to survive

and alas...TGP was indeed scum.

I think my pool right now is [Fire, Furtive, X]

X is either Toto or Gimli

(Aka Volpe14)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:20 pm

In post 2034, TheGoldenParadox wrote:personally my hot take is that fire is lockscum
In post 2036, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i am like confident enough in fire scum to self vote immediately tomorrow and spend the entire day pushing for my own elim if they're town lol
In post 2041, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 2039, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2036, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i am like confident enough in fire scum to self vote immediately tomorrow and spend the entire day pushing for my own elim if they're town lol
Why are you so confident in fire scum ?
well, for one thing, obviously this is good for me not dying today, and i don't much like dying

but also, ari was scum, and fire ain't helping the slot
If fire is town, this would be a Hail Mary play to push the lim away from himself (tgp) and onto fire

But the way these posts are written, it doesn’t even read like he’s serious about building momentum on fire, hence anti associative

Like who would read these TGP posts and think to themself: “yeah I’m convinced that fire is scum now, I’m going to vote him”?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Shirou »

I would do it to wifom people on voting fire in the next day if fire is town

I'm just not sure if I trust scum!TGP to realize this is a bad thing to do if fire is his partner because it feels too forced

like, I kinda trust TGP but at the same time they were pretty openly scummy at times...

idk this game is so fucking weird

(Aka Volpe14)

Return to “Completed Open Games”