fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

my original read of it was that he's actually a lot better at looking towny as scum than he showed here and that here it would be kinda more understandable that he would be a little lost if he were town

i don't think that's a great reason to townread someone tho
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

part of me still believes in it though
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im probably voting there in spirit but i don't have interest in ending the day soon so im not voting yet
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Don't worry about ending the day, I'm currently all alone
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2630, Shirou wrote: You guys can't keep me, or Klick, or whatever forever from the lim pool because if at least one of you are scum, which I do believe is the answer, you need 3 mislims here and there just isn't quite enough otherwise

so you've been trying to shade me and Klick and others while trying to make yourself look better even if it means you need to have nonsense progressions or arguments that is hard to believe you actually believe on it

I had clearly quoted TGP calling me good town in my post but you decided to pick one where it wasn't quite like that to try to counter the argument

p-edit: then vote him.
I agree with this regarding fire's posts today
Not necessarily from the perspective of it being exactly fire/furtive
But fire's posting today from what I've read so far feels like he wants to have significant excuse to push on any of myself/furtive/Shirou

It's not clear to me what fire actually *believes* from his posting. He made a post earlier that seemed to express a level of confidence in me being scum that made me confused that he wasn't just voting me. His posts feel like arguments to me rather than what he actually believes.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2655, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2654, fireisredsir wrote: im worried about the possible world where furtive is town

makes this a loss when it really shouldn't be
'possible world'

No matter the result of this game, I will have things to say in post. Seriously the scumreads on me are next level BS and I can't wait for postgame or dead thread to console me
furtive, serious question
Why should I be townreading your slot *outside* of your push on TGP yesterday?
I don't think a bus from you on TGP yesterday is unrealistic

I thought your general demeanor and confidence was towny yesterday, but considered as a whole, your tone has been really consistent in a worrying way. Your confidence feels like a facade because it's no different from how you were yesterday.
I think it's entirely possible that it's a facade of confidence coming from town. But it definitely doesn't feel genuine.

So talk to me. What kind of confidence do you *actually* have on your current reads?
What are you doing differently here as town that you wouldn't do as scum?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:05 pm

Post by Klick »

I should have loads of time tonight to read back how I want
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:13 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2754, Klick wrote: I agree with this regarding fire's posts today
But fire's posting today from what I've read so far feels like he wants to have significant excuse to push on any of myself/furtive/Shirou

It's not clear to me what fire actually *believes* from his posting. He made a post earlier that seemed to express a level of confidence in me being scum that made me confused that he wasn't just voting me. His posts feel like arguments to me rather than what he actually believes.
i feel like ive been p transparent, what isn't clear?

you say this as if i should have a confident solve that i believe in. you are correct that i don't. im trying to sort all of you. my post earlier about you was more about sorting shirou and how it didn't make sense to me that he wasn't considering you as a possibility

my strongest opinions are that giuseppina and csf are town. i also believe toto is likely town, and i think norwee is likely town despite my hesitations there. for everyone else, there's been times where ive thought theyre scum and there's been times where ive thought they're town

i think it's weird to treat that like it's an indictment. town doesn't have all the answers. im still trying to figure things out. im not voting anyone rn bc i don't think i have things figured out
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2715, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2710, furtiveglance wrote: This is my favourite part of Mafia

Trying to work out who it is, it's just the essence of the game

Quite stressful tho
i agree then yea

i think the most exciting part (of playing town, since i usually enjoy scum more) is when i think i've found a solve or when i realize i was wrongly townbinning a scum who's been playing a really good game

i have trouble expressing those solves confidently though because i feel a lot of intense embarrassment and shame when i get things wrong

so i guess the overall more fun experience is the process of sorting it out
Your general perspective continues to be incredibly relatable
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2757, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2754, Klick wrote: I agree with this regarding fire's posts today

i feel like ive been p transparent, what isn't clear?

you say this as if i should have a confident solve that i believe in. you are correct that i don't. im trying to sort all of you. my post earlier about you was more about sorting shirou and how it didn't make sense to me that he wasn't considering you as a possibility

my strongest opinions are that giuseppina and csf are town. i also believe toto is likely town, and i think norwee is likely town despite my hesitations there. for everyone else, there's been times where ive thought theyre scum and there's been times where ive thought they're town

i think it's weird to treat that like it's an indictment. town doesn't have all the answers. im still trying to figure things out. im not voting anyone rn bc i don't think i have things figured out
Responding to this will take more time at once than I actually have so I'll do it later
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2736, furtiveglance wrote: Several town are clowning right now which is frustrating. Can we just elect CSF as the golden obvtown Captain and give her 2 day vig shots?
Hot take but I think this is the correct way to play situations that are ELo/close to ELo and it's not even close
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by Klick »

CSF talk about your read on me
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:07 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2752, fireisredsir wrote: im probably voting there in spirit but i don't have interest in ending the day soon so im not voting yet
I don't like this, it feels like you were waiting for people to start going after my slot so you could readjust your treatment of it
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:11 am

Post by Gimli »

I also don't like furtive widening the scum pool to add Giuseppina and then being angly around the replace out.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:15 am

Post by Gimli »

Wrt furtive and fire's expectation that I'd be hard defending furtive today, I think shirou's case makes a lot of sense and can see the way furtive comes as a replace in with TMI and a longshot plan. He was way too confident coming into it which made me strong townread the slot, but who tf replaces into 60+ pages of game and has strong precise reads like furtive had? Something is probably off
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:49 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2755, Klick wrote:
In post 2654, fireisredsir wrote: im worried about the possible world where furtive is town

'possible world'

No matter the result of this game, I will have things to say in post. Seriously the scumreads on me are next level BS and I can't wait for postgame or dead thread to console me

I thought your general demeanor and confidence was towny yesterday, but considered as a whole, your tone has been really consistent in a worrying way. Your confidence feels like a facade because it's no different from how you were yesterday.
I think it's entirely possible that it's a facade of confidence coming from town. But it definitely doesn't feel genuine.

So talk to me. What kind of confidence do you *actually* have on your current reads?
I'm extremely confident that voting Gimli ends the game. Not really sure on the other Mafia.

My tone is too consistent...meh. I've given my reasons. Besides, I briefly thought it was Shirou, remember? I know that's reads not tone but still.

Idk what I'm doing that I wouldn't do as scum. Voting out Mafia is the best answer I have.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2762, Gimli wrote:
In post 2752, fireisredsir wrote: im probably voting there in spirit but i don't have interest in ending the day soon so im not voting yet
I don't like this, it feels like you were waiting for people to start going after my slot so you could readjust your treatment of it
I don't like possible mislim 1
In post 2763, Gimli wrote: I also don't like furtive widening the scum pool to add Giuseppina and then being angly around the replace out.
I don't like possible mislim 2

Besides, Gimli is free to explain why he townread giuseppina. But no, he just tries to put the boot in. Of all my posts to comment on, of which there were probably 20+, he chooses to call me out for angleshooting? This is a scumclaim. He didn't care about what I had to say, just looked for ammo to use against me. Agenda.
In post 2764, Gimli wrote: Wrt furtive and fire's expectation that I'd be hard defending furtive today, I think shirou's case makes a lot of sense and can see the way furtive comes as a replace in with TMI and a longshot plan. He was way too confident coming into it which made me strong townread the slot, but who tf replaces into 60+ pages of game and has strong precise reads like furtive had? Something is probably off
This is just hiding behind Shirou and repeating his paranoia (who btw, seems to know that fire and I are town, and wants to mislim us both for a 'more exciting game'. Is this what others want? Or do you want to actually win.) Anyway, Gimli's suggestion that I couldn't rep in, read TGP as scummy, and vote them (especially as they were top of the VC) as town is an extremely weak one. It appeals to those town who were less right than I was D2, and if you fall prey to your own bitterness and insecurity about that then it's just embarrassing for you.

TLDR is basically read these posts yourself and really TRY to consider town!Gimli. Is this all he would have to say atp? Superficially criticise the other possible votes with the arguments of others? No. Gimli is scum, his elimination ends the game.

Vote with me
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

What, why would you say there is bitterness and insecurity involved in players not reading TGP as scum in D2.
Is this a fact?
Lmaoo.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:11 am

Post by Gimli »

@furtive: your case against Giuseppina amounts to nothing.

I'm not in the mood to explain why I think she is town, I think I've done that many times already, nor do I feel like thunderdoming with you. I don't like what you're doing this gameday, you're widening the scum pool and setting up eliminations, you say you read the entire game but I don't see it, all I see is a bunch of big boy confidence that is easy to fake as a wolf
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:18 am

Post by Gimli »

'possible world'

Bolded is what's weighing on me now
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:24 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2763, Gimli wrote: I also don't like furtive widening the scum pool to add Giuseppina and then being angly around the replace out.
In post 2768, Gimli wrote: @furtive: your case against Giuseppina amounts to nothing.

I'm not in the mood to explain why I think she is town, I think I've done that many times already, nor do I feel like thunderdoming with you. I don't like what you're doing this gameday, you're widening the scum pool and setting up eliminations, you say you read the entire game but I don't see it, all I see is a bunch of big boy confidence that is easy to fake as a wolf
Why not want to thunderdome with a player you think is Mafia?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:25 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2767, NorwegianboyEE wrote: What, why would you say there is bitterness and insecurity involved in players not reading TGP as scum in D2.
Is this a fact?
Lmaoo.
I'm not saying there definitely is, but the argument that no one could possibly have seen TGP being mafia and therefore I must have been informed the whole time relies on insecurity
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:27 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2769, Gimli wrote:

'possible world'

Is it really

Let's say a player has x confidence. If they're right about a day's elimination, especially mafia, will that confidence increase or decrease?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:29 am

Post by Gimli »

@furtive: I'm not in the mood, you go ahead and thunderdome yourself. I'm not sure you're mafia as opposed to you who is so grossly confident about me

Pedit: the argument is that TGP was bussed by both wolves because they desperately need to towncore. Everyone was on TGP so this point is moot, it's exactly what happened, so the question is who did this while presenting themselves as having TMI? Has nothing to do with insecurity
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:33 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2772, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2769, Gimli wrote:

'possible world'

Is it really

Let's say a player has x confidence. If they're right about a day's elimination, especially mafia, will that confidence increase or decrease?
Your confidence seems manufactured and not real towny evaluating, it has no nuance it has no distrust or second guessing itself. You talk about being right about one slot as if this is your first ride.

Return to “Completed Open Games”