Newbie 2110 - Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:17 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.05

Dionysus (E-2): skitter30, Sparletrix, MegAzumarill
Ydrasse (2): bewolkt, Dionysus
bewolkt (1): KingTroll

Not Voting (3): FroggyMaybe, iamconfused, Ydrasse

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-02-04 03:56:40).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:20 pm

Post by Alianna »

FroggyMaybe and iamconfused have not picked up their role PMs and are being replaced.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by Alianna »

Aureal replaces FroggyMaybe.
I townread Alianna.

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

*poofs into existence*

Someone needs to tell this poor person who might be a frog to turn on the option to get emailed when they get a PM. :?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by Aureal »

*tries to apply the +10 Authority badge that comes with replacing in*

So anyway, I totally see why people are eyeing Dionysus. I don't really disagree with it. However I find it equally plausible that he is actually just new here and struggling a bit to find the flow. RVS is weird, you have to admit. His post rings pretty true with the comment about not being able to comment on a fluff vote- I remember in my first game back I was seeing questions like that and thinking the same freaking thing.

I am also not really feeling Ydrasse either. While Dio's comment about PR fishing is maybe a bit much, she is coming off odd. She gives advice for the newbies, then in she seems to just be toying with bewolkt. Then back to trying to be some sort of mentor. In she downplays KT's vote on her for being friendly and giving advice as one of the goofiest things to ever accuse someone of. I mean, come on, this is a game of mafia, people will accuse you for literally anything! Like hair twirling, that's
incredibly
suspicious and we are clearly being warned about her. But it's that really started making me feel more wary about her. Here she's not just playing mentor but also using the opportunity to subtly implant the idea that she is town in the process. Also, she's talked about wagons being good, questioned Dio not voting, and commented that she thought KT's vote would be better on Dio, but not ever actually voted anyone herself. That seems rather like she's either gotten a bit too lost in the mentoring to remember to play the game, or she's trying to subtly manipulate others rather than get her own hands dirty.

So, I'm going to VOTE: Ydrasse here. It's E-2, please don't quickhammer. :P
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 122, skitter30 wrote:
In post 19, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 10, bewolkt wrote:Hi everyone!
VOTE: bewolkt
I was reading this as a non-RVS vote and a side-eye at your simple 'hi' entrance; altogether it seemed like an attempt to starting to sort with the limited amt of info available at that point
Would like Meg to comment on this as well. Was there any meaning to this vote of yours?
-furtiveglance
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by bewolkt »

I was reading this as a non-RVS vote and a side-eye at your simple 'hi' entrance; altogether it seemed like an attempt to starting to sort with the limited amt of info available at that point
And how did you feel about Sparletrix's ?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 128, Aureal wrote: *poofs into existence*

Someone needs to tell this poor person who might be a frog to turn on the option to get emailed when they get a PM. :?
Hello!!!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 129, Aureal wrote: *tries to apply the +10 Authority badge that comes with replacing in*

So anyway, I totally see why people are eyeing Dionysus. I don't really disagree with it. However I find it equally plausible that he is actually just new here and struggling a bit to find the flow. RVS is weird, you have to admit. His post rings pretty true with the comment about not being able to comment on a fluff vote- I remember in my first game back I was seeing questions like that and thinking the same freaking thing.

I am also not really feeling Ydrasse either. While Dio's comment about PR fishing is maybe a bit much, she is coming off odd. She gives advice for the newbies, then in she seems to just be toying with bewolkt. Then back to trying to be some sort of mentor. In she downplays KT's vote on her for being friendly and giving advice as one of the goofiest things to ever accuse someone of. I mean, come on, this is a game of mafia, people will accuse you for literally anything! Like hair twirling, that's
incredibly
suspicious and we are clearly being warned about her. But it's that really started making me feel more wary about her. Here she's not just playing mentor but also using the opportunity to subtly implant the idea that she is town in the process. Also, she's talked about wagons being good, questioned Dio not voting, and commented that she thought KT's vote would be better on Dio, but not ever actually voted anyone herself. That seems rather like she's either gotten a bit too lost in the mentoring to remember to play the game, or she's trying to subtly manipulate others rather than get her own hands dirty.

Uh this might be a weird thing to say but i can't tell if the ydra paragraph is serious or not
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

Like are you actually voting her for those reasons?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 131, bewolkt wrote:
And how did you feel about Sparletrix's ?
Pinged me the same way your 19 did
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i have a menacing aura
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

aureal’s tone is trying its best to lift because she comes across as heavily earnest / having fun in her presentation but the actual reasoning is flimsy except for the part wrt to me not voting which i’m intentionally not doing. the case reads more like fluff pieces trying to build up to the Damning thing while the smaller bits are somehow my insidious machinations
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Sparletrix
Sparletrix
they/them
Townie
Sparletrix
they/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:19 am

Post by Sparletrix »

In post 113, Ydrasse wrote: i’m trying bookmarking threads for the first time and as it turns out it makes playing mobile a lot cooler

sparle when you’re around could you post your reads if you have any? i don’t know where your head’s at from your interactions, which seem... stern
Personally, for me, day 1 is more about feeling out the general vibes and player personalities than specific reads, especially because I've never played with any of you before. I can't be working out what you are until I have a good idea of who you are.

At a push, I'd have to say I'm not too comfortable with how Dio's responding to the pressure, responses like the "I'm normally very good, I swear!" and the "OK fine." vote feel a bit too wishy-washy and reactive for my liking. Aure's entry-wall seems... fine. No more straw-clutchy than anyone else at the moment.
Oh, and to clarify - My vote on Dio wasn't made because I suspected him, but I'm comfortable keeping it there for now. Just because it wasn't "serious", as I'm sure he'd like to say, doesn't mean it didn't have purpose, you know?

Nothing absolute though. As I say, I'm more looking for the overall atmosphere, at least for now. We've still got a week to sort, no huge rush to make decisions as long as people are talking and things are happening.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 133, skitter30 wrote: Uh this might be a weird thing to say but i can't tell if the ydra paragraph is serious or not
So, you felt Meg's naked vote in post 19 was somewhat serious but aren't sure about a page 6 vote with several reasons included? Yeah, that is kind of weird. :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Aureal »

Like, especially if you thought voting you for being the 30th skitter was a somewhat serious attempt to sort? Even more mystifying. :o
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 137, Ydrasse wrote: aureal’s tone is trying its best to lift because she comes across as heavily earnest / having fun in her presentation but the actual reasoning is flimsy except for the part wrt to me not voting which i’m intentionally not doing. the case reads more like fluff pieces trying to build up to the Damning thing while the smaller bits are somehow my insidious machinations
Ydrasse: post what you feel like
Ydrasse: this presentation against me is fluff

:mrgreen:

Care to explain why you're intentionally not voting, then?
-furtiveglance
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 129, Aureal wrote:
I am also not really feeling Ydrasse either.
what does 'feeling' mean here?

While Dio's comment about PR fishing is maybe a bit much, she is coming off odd. She gives advice for the newbies, then in she seems to just be toying with bewolkt. Then back to trying to be some sort of mentor. In she downplays KT's vote on her for being friendly and giving advice as one of the goofiest things to ever accuse someone of.
i actually liked her response to KT's vote here. Why is it scummy of her to 'downplay' his vote on her?

I mean, come on, this is a game of mafia, people will accuse you for literally anything! Like hair twirling, that's
incredibly
suspicious and we are clearly being warned about her.
this setnance is contributing to my confusion r.e. the tone here

But it's that really started making me feel more wary about her. Here she's not just playing mentor but also using the opportunity to subtly implant the idea that she is town in the process.
i feel like 95 os p common phrasing and i don't think it's ai or like trying to sublimnally messgae anything

Also, she's talked about wagons being good, questioned Dio not voting, and commented that she thought KT's vote would be better on Dio, but not ever actually voted anyone herself. That seems rather like she's either gotten a bit too lost in the mentoring to remember to play the game, or she's trying to subtly manipulate others rather than get her own hands dirty.

this is actually a good point, ydra why arent you voting anyone?

Overall i find your whole tone here to be rather confusing and weird

I'm just gonna make inline comments since i can't easily quote out the bits of the post i'm interested in, lmk if anything is unclear
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 140, Aureal wrote: Like, especially if you thought voting you for being the 30th skitter was a somewhat serious attempt to sort? Even more mystifying. :o

No, i was saying that that post was obviously *not* a serious attempt to sort
Show
Hiatus once more.

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 141, Aureal wrote:
In post 137, Ydrasse wrote: aureal’s tone is trying its best to lift because she comes across as heavily earnest / having fun in her presentation but the actual reasoning is flimsy except for the part wrt to me not voting which i’m intentionally not doing. the case reads more like fluff pieces trying to build up to the Damning thing while the smaller bits are somehow my insidious machinations
Ydrasse: post what you feel like
Ydrasse: this presentation against me is fluff

:mrgreen:

Care to explain why you're intentionally not voting, then?
the downside of giving that advice is that i will have to mow some posts down eventually u.u

i’m more interested in seeing how the wagons form without my influence because i’m one of the potential ones and i know my perspective, wanted to see what people drifted to without me making dueling ones
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

:igmeou:
Show
Hiatus once more.

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Aureal »

Sparl: I largely agree with your philosophy on figuring out who people are up there in 138, so I think an interesting question to ponder is whether Dio even realized that saying those things is probably going to reinforce negative impressions of him.

As for "wishy-washy and reactive" I feel like that gets scumread quite easily. Some people are just like that, though. Those words have definitely been used in regards to me, and it wasn't because I was scum. XD

Pedit: will get to other responses later
-furtiveglance
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 138, Sparletrix wrote:
In post 113, Ydrasse wrote: i’m trying bookmarking threads for the first time and as it turns out it makes playing mobile a lot cooler

sparle when you’re around could you post your reads if you have any? i don’t know where your head’s at from your interactions, which seem... stern
Personally, for me, day 1 is more about feeling out the general vibes and player personalities than specific reads, especially because I've never played with any of you before. I can't be working out what you are until I have a good idea of who you are.

At a push, I'd have to say I'm not too comfortable with how Dio's responding to the pressure, responses like the "I'm normally very good, I swear!" and the "OK fine." vote feel a bit too wishy-washy and reactive for my liking. Aure's entry-wall seems... fine. No more straw-clutchy than anyone else at the moment.
Oh, and to clarify - My vote on Dio wasn't made because I suspected him, but I'm comfortable keeping it there for now. Just because it wasn't "serious", as I'm sure he'd like to say, doesn't mean it didn't have purpose, you know?

Nothing absolute though. As I say, I'm more looking for the overall atmosphere, at least for now. We've still got a week to sort, no huge rush to make decisions as long as people are talking and things are happening.
To reiterate: I don't particularly enjoy hunting scum through fluff. The vast majority of this game so far has been discussing the minutiae of people's reactions or non-reactions to fluff, and I don't find this productive because often people's reads off the back of this turn out to be wrong. Maybe nuggets to use against people much later can be found here which isn't useless. But I also take the view that these nuggets can be found in other places later on. I'm happy to engage with points that I think are legitimate, but so far the arguments against me are "gave a read but didn't vote" and "ignored fluff vote at the start of game". I'm sorry, but neither of these things is scummy. I have been quite clear about my feelings here. People can disagree with me on how useful this stage is and that is fair enough. But me holding this view isn't scummy. Aureal is correct - please consider the plausibility that some people have different playstyles and that some of them find the early stage minutiae unhelpful and not very enjoyable.
"Leave it to the god of wine to liven things up around here."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

Dio, imo there's been some serious content in the past couple of pages - have you started to form any reads off of those?
Show
Hiatus once more.

KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/them

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:18 am

Post by KingTroll »

Welcome to the game!

Just posting to say I'm alive, I'm going to do some walking but I'll be here all evening (EST) to catch up and gamesolve

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”