bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:03 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Will respond to Schez and other Vollkan post later.

VOTE COUNT:

vollkan - 5: orangepenguin, Riceballtail, mrfixij, bionicchop2, Xtoxm
mrfixij - 1: G-Force
bionicchop2 - 1: PyroDwarf
orangepenguin - 1: vollkan
G-Force - 1: curiouskarmadog
Scheherazade - 1: Rhinox

Not voting: Scheherazade

7 votes for a lynch.
The above written statement is pro-town.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:07 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Scheherazade wrote: @bionicchop2:

I didn't mean to be confusing. I was curious if you had any sort of reaction to PyroDwarf's post, which I quoted. You've stated strong suspicion of three players in this game. One claimed and was complimented by you on strong posting. One seems to have halted the forward momentum on his case. What do you think of the last one?
Pyro has slightly improved his posting, but he is still high on my suspect list. His vote on me for pursuing my beliefs on Vollkan and 'drawing out' the meta discussion has a slight chainsaw feel to it, but that obviously stems from my suspicion of vollkan.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

Scheherazade wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Sche, it seems what you're doing here is trying to get vol to accept his default lynch role on grounds that his mislynch will lead to us being able to lynch bio tomorrow. Your statement stems from the assumption that one of either bio or vol are scum. Not only is that statement not necessarily true, you could be shaping the way for 2 mislynches, which would put us either in or dangerously close to LyLo.

this thinking bothers me enough to
unvote, vote: sche
That's a reasonable enough vote, though the major point was to probe vollkan's precise level of suspicion of bionicchop2. Frankly, I never expected vollkan to accept the lynch merely because I asked him questions. I asked the questions to figure out exactly why he wouldn't accept the lynch, which I assumed included doubts about bionicchop2's scumminess.
Ok fair enough. i suspected it was something like that, but the way you worded your question seemed to almost be planting an idea in the rest of the group that if vol is town, we should lynch bio. And maybe we would anyways after discussion about bio, i just wanted to make sure you weren't placing vol in the defacto lynch position and setting up bio for tomorrow.

so,
unvote
. At least it generated a couple posts of new discussion.

I do agree the vol/bg discussion has run its course. all players seem now locked into their beliefs regardless of whats being said.

Does anyone have any idea of other avenues we could pursue that would regain the attention and focus of players that have fallen off the radar? There are a number of players who haven't posted much of anything in quite a long while, not that i blame them too much.

i know, lets hit the reset button and go back to the random voting stage :D

just kidding....

sort of..
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:22 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

bionicchop2 wrote:Will respond to Schez and other Vollkan post later.
I thought Vol's other post had a comment for me to respond to, but it didn't. I just saw my name and thought there was a question in there for me.

I will move onto this as I was looking to see what G-Force has been discussing lately:
G-Force wrote: I still think that the meta case against BG is unreliable. It's true that there is evidence that BG has more often blown up and requested replacement as scum than as town, but I am definitely unwilling to gamble that that is what happened this game, especially considering the gray areas that volkan has brought up. Supporters of the meta case treat it as definitive, which I think is a grossly incorrect.
I have no problem with your opinion the meta case is unreliable. My question to you would be - what is reliable? Any scum 'tell' is just an indicator of something scum do more often than town. It is still a percentage play. Your 'unwillingness to gamble' is a little unsettling. It gives the impression that nothing short of a cop investigation will convince you who is scum if you are not going to gamble on something which a player has done more often as scum than as town.

Also, I don't think anybody has said anything was definitive. Yes I am assertive in my belief, but I understand this is a game of mafia and nothing is concrete. I simply feel this is my best chance at catching scum on day 1. Nothing out there has convinced me somebody else is a more viable lynch.
=======
@ all - the last statement is a comment for everybody, especially in light of vollkan saying I need to provide new reasons for my vote being where it is at every point in time. I am going to vote somebody. My vote is on my top suspect. Nobody is making any solid case against anybody else in the game. I haven't seen anything else that strikes me to think someone else is more likely to be scum. All I can do is vote for my top suspect. I have no delusions of any ability to pick out all 3 scum in one day (I don't even have delusions about always catching one).

Now people can say they think the case against him is whatever - and are welcome to their opinion. I believe in what I have said though. The only thing that will move my vote is seeing something I feel is more suspicious that moves somebody up to the top of my list. We have 5 players with 1 vote on them, so obviously there is no overwhelming case against any of them.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:27 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

also
unvote gforce.

I am behind and I am sure situations have changed...this game is 2nd in line to update on friday...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

time for me to
unvote

I agree with some of the others when they say we are reaching diminishing returns. Vol says he considers claiming as "any last words".
Vote: vollkan
I am assuming that scum has alreasdy slipped their vote on him, so that would mean bio, mrfixij or OP. Or i could be wrong, wich is equally as likley.
I agree with Xtoxm's post 520.
I don't know if vollkan flipping town will be a guaranteed Bio lynch, but that will probably be where a lot of people start looking. Bio has already said, he is just voting for his top suspect, what else should we do on day one, wait for some to slip up and claim scum?
Nectar of the Gods.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

PyroDwarf wrote:time for me to
unvote

I agree with some of the others when they say we are reaching diminishing returns. Vol says he considers claiming as "any last words".
I am assuming that scum has alreasdy slipped their vote on him, so that would mean bio, mrfixij or OP. Or i could be wrong, wich is equally as likley.
I don't know if vollkan flipping town will be a guaranteed Bio lynch, but that will probably be where a lot of people start looking. Bio has already said, he is just voting for his top suspect, what else should we do on day one, wait for some to slip up and claim scum?
That was quite a loaded post there. I can't tell if you think vollkan is scum or town by this post. It appears that you think he is town, but are lynching him anyway. You seem very sure he will turn up town and that scum are already voting for him. I see 1 person I know is town (me) 2 people I am confident are town (RBT / Xtoxm) One who can really only be SK if he isn't town (OP) and 1 I have no clue about (mrfixij).

I have no issues with being under the microscope if vollkan turns up town. I stand by my convictions and have no problem dealing with the consequences if they turn out to be incorrect.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by PyroDwarf »

i didnt mean for it to come out like that. I didn't like vol's repeated "i dont need to claim" attitude. I can see if he was like a doctor, but why not just claim 'nilla town so people drop it?Also, i forget who, i think rhinox, brought up a good point that bio, is highest on his scum list, after the two masons.
Nectar of the Gods.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by vollkan »

Bio wrote:
Vollkan wrote: It's completely illegitimate that you think you can rely on the fact that you voted me pages back. Your vote must be justified at each point in time.

I completely disagree with this. If I still believe in my decision, I don't have to make up some new reason at each point in time just to appease people. Expecting that would lead to people forcing reasons into the game just to fit their opinion. I am not going to nit pick every point you make just to try and make myself look town.
I am not saying that you need to make a new case in every single post. What I am saying, though, is that "I voted for you on page X" does not inherently justify the continuance of that vote on page (X+Y). In the case of this game, I have made detailed responses to the case against me and have posted fresh content of my own, with some of my wagonners only meeting this with what is basically just a shrug of the shoulders. And it's not about making yourself "look town". It's about making the best lynch decision possible which, almost by definition, cannot occur unless you consider all relevant matters - of which my defences rank very highly in terms of importance.

In essence,
having voted is not a justification for continuing to vote.
That's just a sly way of advocating default lynching.
Bio wrote: Not all of us are as convinced as you are by your own arguments. I just choose not to argue in circles with you.
This is pure bullshit. We argued over the meta case. You haven't argued with me on my subsequent defences or material. There's no issue of arguing in circles here. Again, you are just posting a justification for a resigned default lynch of me.
Bio wrote:
Voll wrote:
The sense I am getting here is that nothing I can say or do could possibly avert the suspicion that you have of me.
At this point, I would agree. Things do change, but I don't think any direct action of you discussing something with me is going to convince me.
Okay, so we move to the next point:
Bio wrote:
vollkan wrote: That's very important because it shows that the suspicions you have simply aren't based on anything.
I would like to understand this jump in logic. Just because you feel you have defended something to your satisfaction does not mean the original points do not exist and others no longer believe in them.
Hmm, I would have hoped you would understand the logic.

Okay, in order for this game to be meaningful, cases need to be based on objective reasons. That is to say, things other than "I get a bad vibe from vollkan/BG". Thus far, this game has been fairly good in terms of objectivity - ie. you argued a meta case. The key difference between objective and subjective arguments is that the former are capable of being rebutted. Now, I cannot prove conclusively to the rest of you that BG was not, for instance, trying to lynch power roles. But I can rebut the argument by raising significant doubts about it - ie. by showing that BG most likely wasn't even aware of the claims. In this game, it is rare that complete refutations can occur, but townies should always be open to rethink their position in light of reasonable doubts.

Now, I don't deny that you (and others, of course) might still have good reasons for continuing to suspect me. But, you
need
to justify that continuance in light of my defences.
Bio wrote: I have also shown that I disliked your defenses and felt you changed arguments and twisted words. We both have our own opinion on that though.
I've rebutted this already. It's not a question of "our own opinions". I missed a set of votes on BG which made some of what I had said wrong but, in a classic case of missing the forest for the trees, you blew it out of proportion because it had little to do with the point of my argument.
Bio wrote: I also see a PbPa by you which has 3 claimed town roles listed near the top and I see myself there. Since I know my affiliation and I am comfortable with the claimed roles at this time (masons first and vig 2nd because of the outside chance he could be SK) it means you are either a townie off your game or you are scum on your game.
I know I am not scum (useless for the rest of you), but I freely admit my suspicions could be completely off. I'm open to discussion and debate on the points I've raised and I am open to having my mind changed.
Bio wrote: I have no problem with your opinion the meta case is unreliable. My question to you would be - what is reliable? Any scum 'tell' is just an indicator of something scum do more often than town. It is still a percentage play. Your 'unwillingness to gamble' is a little unsettling. It gives the impression that nothing short of a cop investigation will convince you who is scum if you are not going to gamble on something which a player has done more often as scum than as town.

Also, I don't think anybody has said anything was definitive. Yes I am assertive in my belief, but I understand this is a game of mafia and nothing is concrete. I simply feel this is my best chance at catching scum on day 1. Nothing out there has convinced me somebody else is a more viable lynch.
This merits a (+2). You're playing the trick here of drawing an equivalence between the fact that we cannot ever know things for sure with a kind of "anything goes" attitude. See, Bio, the impression I am getting of you is that you think that having a suspicion at one point in time justifies you clinging to that rock unless you are absolutely convinced otehrwise. That's both scummy and obscenely anti-town - it avoids having to engage with any material post-vote. GF, in stark contrast, is playing properly: that is, with a willingness to change his view based on a reasonable doubt.
Bionic wrote: Now people can say they think the case against him is whatever - and are welcome to their opinion. I believe in what I have said though. The only thing that will move my vote is seeing something I feel is more suspicious that moves somebody up to the top of my list. We have 5 players with 1 vote on them, so obviously there is no overwhelming case against any of them.
And we have 1 player with 5 votes on him who also has no overwhelming case against him :roll:

Seriously, this is just classic default lynching attitude. You "believe" in what you have said - without countering my rebuttal. And you dig your feet in by refusing to shift unless somebody rises above me.
Rhinox wrote: I do agree the vol/bg discussion has run its course. all players seem now locked into their beliefs regardless of whats being said.
I don't think that's true at all. Bio, RBT and X stand out as the obstinates, but I think that others (eg. yourself, Shez and GF) have shown a continued willigness to adjust your thinking.
PyroDwarf wrote:time for me to
unvote

Okay, to begin with you say that you haven't given a single reason to explain why you are voting me. Then again, the way this game is going, that doesn't seem to be a problem. :roll:

The "I am voting for my top suspect attitude" is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more people say that the day has reached its end, the more likely it is that the day draws to a close. Shez has just promised to go through my PBP and I don't think we have pursued many avenues of inquiry. Again, this whole game seems to be collapsing in towards a default lynch.
Pyro wrote: I didn't like vol's repeated "i dont need to claim" attitude.
You're completely misrepresenting my posiiton. I've been over this so many times now. I never said "I don't need to claim". I see claiming as an "any last words" sort of thing. That avoids things like the premature claims we had here. I'd also love for you to explain what is actually scummy about the fact I didn't claim.

Anyway, I am now at L-1. Short of somebody else actually claiming scum, I cannot see Bio, Pyro, X or RBT budging from me. I see some glimmer of hope in Ixfij, and OP.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

vollkan - just make your move and vote for me. No reason to dance around what you have gradually been moving towards. I won't even accuse you of OMGUS, I promise. Let's give the players 2 options for todays lynch and see what is decided. If we are both town, we are going to have this issue until one of us is gone anyway.

The reasons you give (I didn't see the votes on the previous page) would all be fine and dandy if I knew you were town. Since I think you are scum, reasons like claiming not to see something do not convince me that there was not an ulterior motive for your actions and argument.

Again, if I believe my initial reasons for voting, I do not need new reasons to keep my vote there.

You are at L-1. It is time for you to claim. At this point if you don't, it will be straight refusal since multiple people have asked for it and you were given plenty of time to talk your wagon down. It has subsequently built back up to its original position and the proper course of action is for you to claim.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by vollkan »

Bio wrote: Since I think you are scum, reasons like claiming not to see something do not convince me that there was not an ulterior motive for your actions and argument.
Hold on.

If you admit that your position there depends on a presumption of my being scum (and thus deceptively excluding it), then where does that presumption arise from?
Bio wrote: You are at L-1. It is time for you to claim
*sigh* I was going to see whether my last post changed anything for you, but it seems not. I've done my best to dissuade the wagon against me, but I cannot refute emotional recalcitrance:

Claim: Doctor
. I cannot protect myself (I checked with mod), nor can I protect the same person on consecutive nights.

At this point, I'll admit my reluctance to claim was partly influenced by the fact of having to claim doc -notorious scum fakeclaim and a very bad role to have revealed. I wasn't aware of the vig or mason claims when I first refused to claim, but finding them only made me more pleased that I acted the way I did.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by mrfixij »

****, I knew it. God dammit! I just HAD to make sure, didn't I?

unvote

vote: pyro

Reasons already explained, I've been suspicious from the start, and that was a nice time to place that vote.
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

vollkan wrote:
Lynch the liar.

I am [/u]the[/u] doctor.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

EBWOP
bionicchop2 wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Lynch the liar.

I am
the
doctor.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

braadcrumb #1 in post #275
bionicchop2 wrote:If he would have claimed doctor I would have been more suspect since that is a more common scum claim.
braadcrumb #2 in post #455
bionicchop2 wrote:Don't, when I flip out and say I have to go to the doctor, I get a free town pass. :D
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

Vote: Bio

I thought you might do this if you decided the writing was on the wall for you, but I admit this takes me by surprise. Anyway, I guess now it really is between the two of us.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

My official role name is
the town doctor
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by vollkan »

Cross-posted.

Your first "breadcrumb" is hardly a breadcrumb at all - it's a well-known fact.

As for your second, it's interesting that don't post the context in which it was made - namely immediately after being voted.

And, no, I haven't breadcrumbed. I checked BG's posts, hoping for some foresight on her own part, but found nothing.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

OP - you know what to do if a doctor gets lynched today.

Well played though vollkan. You made me waste a lot of time. This is why I wanted you to claim immediately when you replaced in.

For the town - remember that scum is almost always the initial claim and the counter claim is almost always town. There is no incentive for scum to counter claim and out themselves trying to get a doctor lynched. Scum have guns and can kill doctors at night since this site frowns on self-protecting doctors.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Great, now we have a decision to make. Either one of you two are lying, or we have two doctors, which makes for an interesting closed game.

Vollkan, it was pretty damn obvious that you were SOMETHING, and you didn't want to claim because of it. You may as well have just painted a gigantic crosshair on your forehead with the caption "NK ME SCUM"

As for Bio, I caught that. I don't give you enough credit as a scum player to breadcrumb a fakeclaim that early.

I think we may have 2 doctors. For some reason i'm inclined to believe vollkan's claim. It certainly explains why BG was playing so terribly (doctor advocates bad play, or so I've read) and why Vollkan has been so slippery.
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by vollkan »

bionicchop2 wrote:OP - you know what to do if a doctor gets lynched today.
This much we can agree on.
Bio wrote: For the town - remember that scum is almost always the initial claim and the counter claim is almost always town. There is no incentive for scum to counter claim and out themselves trying to get a doctor lynched. Scum have guns and can kill doctors at night since this site frowns on self-protecting doctors.
Nice try, but this is pure bullshit :D

There is plenty of incentive for scum to counter-claim me here. Think about it, we have a claimed vig and a claimed a doc. If I get counter-claimed, given the already high level of suspicion on me, it is more than likely I end up hanging by my neck. That gives scum a free pass to kill OP at night. One scum for a doc and a vig is a very good deal for scum.

The fact it is you who is counter-claiimng only enhances this point. My death would have cast immense suspicion on you, given that it would have given my arguments the legitimacy they deserve.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by vollkan »

Ixfij wrote: Either one of you two are lying, or we have two doctors, which makes for an interesting closed game.
Two docs is extremely unlikely. We already have two claimed masons, and a claimed vig. Unless the masons/vig are fakeclaiming, or the scum is ridiculously powerful, it's probably reasonable to assume that there aren't two docs.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

mrfixij wrote:
I think we may have 2 doctors. For some reason i'm inclined to believe vollkan's claim. It certainly explains why BG was playing so terribly (doctor advocates bad play, or so I've read) and why Vollkan has been so slippery.
Read my role name. It is specific and leaves no room for multiples.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't believe vollkan's claim, especially now with a counter-claim. If vollkan is lynched, and he DOES flip doc, which I find unlikely, then I will vig bio. If volkkan is scum, which he is most likely, then obviously, I won't vig bio.

I don't think there is two doctors.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

I still think pyro is scum also. Look at the weak chainsaw he put on me and then the vote switch to vollkan last minute when momentum was shifting back towards lynching him.

Now that I have confirmation of my suspicions on vollkan, I will try to find any possible pairings to help for tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”