Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Lazy Shirou »

i'm actually reading andante posts now and it does sound kinda superficially scummy how she considerably "suspects" kowah initially for...just placing a vote on her

but i also think it may be her personality, i still maintain my read on her

p-edit: thanks Andante! late happy birthday to you as well!

i think i forgot to say bc i wasn't paying attention to this game before
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 324, Klick wrote: I think Brick's posting overall reads as very comfortable and confident in itself. Brick is being very open with their thoughts while also not feeling like they're oversharing. Brick is probing and asking questions and I think the intent of them is to genuinely get answers and scumhunt rather than to mislead anyone or persuade us that Brick is town. Brick feels confident presenting their unique perspective to the game as opposed to trying to blend in. I think all of these things make Brick really likely to be town.
So you think the posting is to genuinely get answers? more than just posting cause they feel like they have to post? I'll go find specific posts in a second, but I'm really not seeing Brick's plan here, cause none of these questions asked seem to translate to any sort/type of read, there was 1 post like "here's a bunch of thoughts" which is probably Brick's best, but it's like, after Taly asked Brick what Brick thought about Gamma and the 2 names, THEN Brick decided to ask (154) and keep pushing that 1 thing? so I'll go find a few of the posts real quick, but I was really confused on the actual purpose of the question being asked
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 107, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 95, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 89, GamerGryff wrote:Kow has too many votes for this early. Got my eye on Penguin,red, Klick, and andante. Likely at least one scum on there.

I'm at work, so this is all I'll be able to say for the next fivish hours.
Red and Andante seem okay rn
Other 2 idk
I don't like Gryff's post but Gamma's is not much better. This legitimises poor scum hunting
This was one I really wasn't a fan of, like, Brick is complaining about Gamma having nothing posts, but this is exactly that? a post just to post, calling posts bad doesn't accomplish anything, like, I understand playstyles are different, but this just feels like it's a lot more about looks, idk
I do appreciate having this conversation though!!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 312, Andante wrote:-177: oh yeah this post, I answered it on its own, but after reading the above posts, you’re like all questions… then people give you an answer, and that’s just it? Like, what is the purpose of the questions you ask if you don’t actually care about the responses?
I will say on this in particular that I used to do this often as town and basically trained myself out of it through experience
I still do it sometimes
I suspect Brick may be a bit like me in that they usually ask questions for clarity of understanding rather than discussion
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm bad at getting value out of back-and-forth discussion in general though, my specialty is solving without interaction
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 325, Lazy Shirou wrote: i'm actually reading andante posts now and it does sound kinda superficially scummy how she considerably "suspects" kowah initially for...just placing a vote on her

but i also think it may be her personality, i still maintain my read on her

p-edit: thanks Andante! late happy birthday to you as well!

i think i forgot to say bc i wasn't paying attention to this game before
And my vote is now on brick, notice how we got out of RVS? I find something "sus" push it, cause why not, and here we are today, I'll admit the initial kow reason wasn't great, but out of everyone, that was the easiest "case" I could make to push us on, and well, along the way kow continued to be scummy, so it works lol I'm thinking I'll wait for Kow's thoughts elsewhere to revisit, but I don't think continuing to push Kow is beneficial for me here, cause all that will do is result in Kow continuing to tunnel me, so if I ignore Kow, Kow won't feel as much like they have to push back if that makes sense (I do not tr them by any means)
What can I say, I hate RVS, and look at what we got from the push, we have strong supporters to voting Kow out, and we have some "Kow lim is fine" folks. Take notes on that for later! You are welcome! (ha! not so scummy now is it :) )

(and lol all good!!!)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 328, Klick wrote:
In post 312, Andante wrote:-177: oh yeah this post, I answered it on its own, but after reading the above posts, you’re like all questions… then people give you an answer, and that’s just it? Like, what is the purpose of the questions you ask if you don’t actually care about the responses?
I will say on this in particular that I used to do this often as town and basically trained myself out of it through experience
I still do it sometimes
I suspect Brick may be a bit like me in that they usually ask questions for clarity of understanding rather than discussion
See, I hated the question when it was initially asked, it was like "why do you feel like you HAVE to be here) when I had just said in that same post about how like was gonna get crazy, and why be concerned about my vote? I think I said something in my response too, the questions seemed odd, like, I'm not sure how those are clarification questions
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 312, Andante wrote:-228: So you give a reason for Taly and Herta town, and then you just go “Penguin town, And Andante” like, reasons?
See, I think casually dropping four townreads with little justification is a lot more likely to come from town than scum :P
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Brickwalll »

is a lot, ngl. But, it just seems like you decided 6 posts in that I am scum and then made every post I made thereafter to align with this 6 post read. Nonetheless I will indulge and answer snippets.
- To follow 70, in 106 you quote where Penguin accidentally said your name but then instantly corrected it, I’m starting to get the feeling these posts are “hey I’m here! Look I’m town!”
Yeah, exactly what I am doing. I am new, getting a grip of the land but letting townie know I am here and at least trying to participate.
- 107 so you’re quoting Gamma who is quoting Gryff, and you go “I don’t like Gryff’s post” that post was 89, and you quoted penguin’s 100… meaning you were past 89, so now all of a sudden cause someone else brings it up, and you just say you don’t like the post, but you’re not specifying what about it you don’t like, and you also imply Gamma’s post is bad too, like, you’re quoting Gamma/Gryff and just like “This post is really bad, and this one is bad” and they’re so bad cause they “legitimize poor scum hunting” ??? like, why not go “What specifically about Red/Andante make them seem ok to you Gamma?” or something like that? Idk, I don’t like this post
So, because I answer posts out of order it adds to your scum read? Say what? You don't know how I catch up on posts or if I am posting between work, sitting on the toilet or doing a thorough catch up at the end of the day, how is that relevant?

Anyways, I gave my comments on the post. I thought Gryff just saying he thinks x and x are scum without a reason was poor, and then Gamma saying she thinks x and x are okay but not sure of the other two (again without a reason) was just doing the same thing. But Gamma's is worse because she didn't ask for his reasoning on why he thought they were scum but just enabled Gryff (and potentially others) by doing exactly the same thing.

-155 - Gamma seemed opportunistic to me, what more can I say?
Andante
, what are your thoughts on Gamma's reaction to my post? It seemed very over the top and she called me an "outed liar", other players have agreed they don't see her perspective. What are your thoughts?
-175- I would love to know your Gerain read as of this point tbh, cause you’re just “how is gerain difficult to read? They’re talking so we can read that!” ***possible TMI knowing gerain here
Gerain is my number 2 scum read because of post
-227: this implies you SR gamma, but like, you haven’t given any reads thus far?
Why does post not count?
-228: So you give a reason for Taly and Herta town, and then you just go “Penguin town, And Andante” like, reasons?
This is the end of your argument right here, in the same post, next to '-107' part of you reason for scumreading me is calling out Gamma and Gryff for not giving reasons. And now you are saying I am scum for not giving reasons? Which one is it, you can't have it both ways. Because on this argument Gamma and Gryff just became scum leaning for you.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 329, Klick wrote: I'm bad at getting value out of back-and-forth discussion in general though, my specialty is solving without interaction
lol I'm similar, thus I go through ISOs (it helps significantly when I have an idea on everyone) uhhh live time also works super well for me, but if someone is being nice to me, I'm more likely to TR them... I mean what, I can't be pocketed!!! and if someone is pushing me I'm much more likely to push back, although I'm definitely working on this more, and trying to be more objective, and only lookin at the facts, but right now, I'm trying to see what you see in Brick more than read you lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 332, Klick wrote:
In post 312, Andante wrote:-228: So you give a reason for Taly and Herta town, and then you just go “Penguin town, And Andante” like, reasons?
See, I think casually dropping four townreads with little justification is a lot more likely to come from town than scum :P
Yeah but me and Penguin were 2 people that lots of people were calling town, so that doesn't exactly count as a "read" which is where my issue lies
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Klick »

Making a more proper response to your recent points Andante
But were people even calling Penguin town? I've read back twice recently and don't remember that being much of a point of discussion but it's entirely possible that I just filtered that info out
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Klick »

Actually with Brick here now I think I'd rather let them defend themselves
I will say I also like 333
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Brickwalll »

I am here for a bit so happy to answer any questions or chat it through. Interested on
Andante's
thoughts on the interaction between Gamma and I.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 320, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 18, Gamma Emerald wrote: I just had the idea in pregame so I figured I’d vocalize it immediately.
so you would do it as either alignment right? the readlist thing is nai?
Eh I’ll say yes.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

See - that is a real thought.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 324, Klick wrote: I think Brick's posting overall reads as very comfortable and confident in itself. Brick is being very open with their thoughts while also not feeling like they're oversharing. Brick is probing and asking questions and I think the intent of them is to genuinely get answers and scumhunt rather than to mislead anyone or persuade us that Brick is town. Brick feels confident presenting their unique perspective to the game as opposed to trying to blend in. I think all of these things make Brick really likely to be town.
In post 340, PenguinPower wrote: See - that is a real thought.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 337, Klick wrote: Actually with Brick here now I think I'd rather let them defend themselves
You have been a white knight.
<(") | (")>
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 333, Brickwalll wrote: 312 is a lot, ngl. But, it just seems like you decided 6 posts in that I am scum and then made every post I made thereafter to align with this 6 post read. Nonetheless I will indulge and answer snippets.
Um yeah essentially, after a point I was like "hold up, this seems off" and the rest is history
In post 333, Brickwalll wrote: Yeah, exactly what I am doing. I am new, getting a grip of the land but letting townie know I am here and at least trying to participate.
I do have this slight issue with how much you're saying you're new like, there's just this part of my mind that's like "The amount of times it is being said feels like you're leaning heavily into it" and like, the only thing "being new" really affects is roles/how they work, like, the rest of this is this logic/puzzle game or however people describe it, sure experience helps, but it's like, in the past year I've only played this game and half of another, but I feel like my skills are pretty similar to before, like I'm not trying to be rude or anything but all this "Brick is new" stuff is just like, so what? that has no impact on what you randed, and in fact, I've hung out in Road to Rome, a lot of them will justify their thoughts with a sentence or two, I'm not asking for you to match my playstyle, but like, it sure would be nice to know how your thought process works, cause to me, all I'm seeing is "here's a statement" and like, are you scared of giving the reasoning?? idk, I can definitely see you being scum here lol
---
You can answer posts in whatever order you like, but I'm just saying, you replied to penguin accidentally saying your name? before something "so important" prior to that? like, it's your actions I'm questioning cause that's literally all we have to go on from you
--
ooh there is something here I actually really like, hang on this requires more attention, also I'm feeling like for the rest of yall I should finish my ISOs there before dropping another lol (it's friday night.... ahhhhh I wanna push this to tomorrow tbh)

UNVOTE: Brickwall

(not a tr, but there is something I really like in 333, and I want to give it more thought, also I think I genuinely have to step away to look at this with fresh eyes tomorrow, help I tried rereading 333 and I can't comprehend it right now ok goodbye, before I ummm make anyone mad at me, IM SORRY!!! drinking was bad bad idea hahahaha well, bad if intentions were to keep working on this solve tonight. We're unvoting, doing no damage, ok goodbye.)
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Brickwalll »

In post 342, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 337, Klick wrote: Actually with Brick here now I think I'd rather let them defend themselves
In shining armour, also very helpful in post . I had noticed it too
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 338, Brickwalll wrote: I am here for a bit so happy to answer any questions or chat it through. Interested on
Andante's
thoughts on the interaction between Gamma and I.
Not gonna lie, I haven't read a lot of gamma this game, gamma be chilling and all I got from your ISO wasn't amazing lol
(sorry I'm out now, I'll be back tomorrow!!!!! would love to chat it through! def not right now though cause it's too hard to read posts longer than 1 line)
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by redFF »

andante get back on kow !
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by Andante »

peer pressure is bad... stay away from it kids
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 344, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 342, PenguinPower wrote:
In shining armour, also very helpful in post . I had noticed it too
Good eye - what do you think about it?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng