Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Andante »

In post 497, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 494, Andante wrote: wait, PENGUIN!!! this is going so fast lol I do want your thoughts, do you think Shirou town? or is vote here ok?
sorry - the post in between taly's and mine kinda through off the meaning...if you and taly are town on kow then I'm fine with lumping him in the do not yeet pile.

I'm still completely fine with yeeting shirou...prefer klick.
I'm good with do not yeet *today* for Kow, in my thing to Taly, I just gave my hesitations there, but Shirou has just climbed to the top of my list, I'll look into Klick, I just remember Klick strongly defending Brick, and nothing else, so 1 sec (more like 10 minutes lol) I'm just really not liking Shirou's posts right now lol like the terrorism one? uhh what dude? ok, looking at Klick!!
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Taly »

In post 479, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 473, Brickwalll wrote: VOTE: Lazy Shirou openly saying you think someone is town and then voting them because they won't comply with your request feels like borderline blackmail...
well, i'm a literal terrorist

klick can confirm that i blackmail people frequently in mafia games

we just got out of white flag game where i kinda blackmailed furtive to vote someone in the next day if i voted with him on that day
blackmail me shirou-kun
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 492, Andante wrote:
In post 475, Lazy Shirou wrote: my point is that you can be so bad at scum that you're lost and unable to fake reads
I mean, can we have
fake reads
from you then? Other than "Andante town x10"
Yeah, i'll half-ass a bit but here goes:

cough*

Spoiler: fake-read#1

I'm starting to get pings off Taly. She's asking other people for their opinion or takes but I don't feel like she has been following up on them that much, it's like she cares more about asking than the answer, looking like she's doing something rather than in fact to do something. There's even this post that I believe to highlight this quite well:
In post 197, Taly wrote: Herta
, enlist me. Ask me questions or tell me to do something.

You're the most familiar to me on this list.

It's not impossible that it's town!Taly and I think I've seen her play a bit like this as town, but I find that "looking busy" behavior more intense here. I believe not knowing what to look for in a game comes more often from scum than town although not in a super significant manner.
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 490, Andante wrote:
In post 472, Kowahbunga wrote: I refuse to lie.
Are you mafia?
I am not
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Taly »

i mean, you're correct
Shirou
, i tend to "look busier" as scum than as town rather than "being busy"

but im also pretty bad with reading games in full when the plist is above micro-size, without hyperposters
(i actually have not read most posts in full past page 10, just really conversations ive prompted in some form)

im also not doing the whole "stick-to-1-game" trend anymore, and i got more shit to do IRL, wallposting days are behind me for the foreseeable future.

If you want to discern a more alignment-specific behavior to this "fake read", how about you
push
me to give content or
direct
me somewhere? :)
(because im kind of skimming otherwise)

"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Andante »

lol ok so I was gonna read through then come up with thoughts, but this is literally Klick's first post of the game:
In post 61, Klick wrote:
In post 16, Andante wrote:oh wait one more thing on this actually, sorry I get super distracted. I find it interesting though that your first post is "hey yall I want daily reads lists" it seems odd, like I like seeing what people naturally do, like often if town posts a readslist, and it's the first main one of the game, then scum see it, panic, and post one solely to look towny, it's kinda why I don't start asking for lists from people till later, not post 1 day 1...
I kind of agree with this

Readlist as of Post 16:

TOWN:
LEANING TOWN: Andante
NULL: Brickwalll, PenguinPower, Haschel Cedricson, Herta, geraintm, Lazy Shirou, Kowahbunga, redFF, Andante, GamerGryff, Gamma Emerald, Taly
LEANING SCUM:
SCUM:
Like, the conversation was all about the day 1 readslist stuff, and Klick enters going "HERE'S MY READS THROUGH POST 16" in list form, cause that's what was being talked about, but like, the only "read" on that list is me leaning town, and like, there's not even an explanation why? like, you agreed with my post #16, so much so, that you have to tell everyone you think I'm town? ok, this is being posted on post #60, meaning there's like 40 other posts in there, not gonna move others around? No shit I'm town, I'm not a hard read, why am I the person you decide to announce? At first I was just like "a readslist for the first post?" but like, it's not a list... it's just saying I lean town, and all others null, and you're declaring I lean town on post 16 of the entire game??

ok sorry, back to reading the ISO, yeah lol Penguin I'm not feeling great about Klick hahaha
(see Brickwall, at least for you it took 6 posts, Klick here? first one!)
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:52 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 434, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 398, GamerGryff wrote:One other note, if this is a softclaim, which I'm guessing it isn't, feel free to just check me tonight. In fact, if there is a cop/similar role, check me, more than happy to definitively prove my innocence.
This doesn't feel like it comes from Town POV. It feels more like a dare from scum. Also I feel like I always hope any cop find scum with their shot(s) and that finding town is more on the side of a miss. Town confirming players is great and all, but this feels more like someone wanting to get their town clear so they can coast to the end of the game.

Here is the scenario that ran through my head from both POVs of Gryff!town and Gryff!scum.

Gryff!town wants to be town cleared without putting in any effort. I really can't see any other motivation to make this post from town POV. We'd all like to be town cleared... However, if there is a cop, and they do investigate Gryff!town - they would have to announce it on D2 for the rest of us to actually know anything. Which in turn risks the safety of the cop over one town clear. Are you really town cleared if one person knows it but doesn't say anything to the rest of us? I'm struggling to make something make sense for why a town person would ask for this.

Gryff!scum wants to be town cleared because maybe they have a role that investigates green to a cop and the sooner that information is revealed the easier scum have a path for victory. Or maybe scum have something to counter a cop once they know the cop, and Gryff is fine being a sacrifice to find the cop on D2.

I would think a cop is less likely to claim D2 with a green result on someone. Probably much more likely to claim on D2 if they get red. So I don't see much positive motivation from Gryff!town to think their best course this game is to just ask the cop to look at him.
So did you miss the part where I said I'm guessing it isn't a softclaim

It comes from Shirou who has been ahitposting for the majority of the day

I don't believe Shirou is cop/gs, I think Shirou is just shitposting
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Taly »

Shirou
is shitposting? We reading the same game?

Also I just read the implication of a claim and do not think it is productive to speculate its validity right now.

I also don't think it's ever wise for town to want to get checked because it removes agency for town PR to actually discern the alignment of a more null read.

Same issue I had with
Geraint
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:56 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Also, just as a fair reminder, I haven't played this game in four to five years. I'm rusty and liable to not remember everything mechanic and strategy properly

I'll also openly admit: I've always believed I completely suck at this game, and I openly prefer playing scum because it's more fun. In my heyday at the very least I was a lot better playing scum than town, though whether that comes down to skill or luck is beyond my knowing.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:57 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 508, Taly wrote:
Shirou
is shitposting? We reading the same game?

Also I just read the implication of a claim and do not think it is productive to speculate its validity right now.

I also don't think it's ever wise for town to want to get checked because it removes agency for town PR to actually discern the alignment of a more null read.

Same issue I had with
Geraint
Did... Did you not read the first half of their posts?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:58 am

Post by GamerGryff »

FYI I'll be playing catch-up from what I missed from the last few days when I get home this afternoon. I'm hanging out with my friend who needs company for a couple of hours.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Taly »

I prefer playing town than scum.

*side eye Shirou*

pedit

In post 510, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 508, Taly wrote:<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">
Shirou
is shitposting? We reading the same game?<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">Also I just read the implication of a claim and do not think it is productive to speculate its validity right now.<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">I also don't think it's ever wise for town to want to get checked because it removes agency for town PR to actually discern the alignment of a more null read.<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">Same issue I had with
Geraint
<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">
<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">Did... Did you not read the first half of their posts?
I did read some posts but retained little to nothing immediately after.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:59 am

Post by Andante »

In post 272, Klick wrote: Yeah Gryff reads as hard town to me
So, I would love to know what exactly made Gryff read as hard town that early lol cause before this, Klick was just in the Kow!Maf boat saying what we wanted to hear?

Klick's ISO is literally only talking to/about
* Me/Kow
* Gryff
* Brickwall

like, that's it, you can't just quote a wall of reads and go "this comes from town" like, do you want to discuss any of those reads? And after last night we learned Klick's 2nd most confident TR was Brick, when like, before last night it was kinda just "brick has a point!" and that was it, not commiting to a read, I went "hey here's my thoughts" which now, I'm like, brick sounds friendly! I like brick a lot!! so sure maybe it's wrong, but the way Klick defends, and that level of confidence, just feels like it comes from TMI

and like, for someone who STARTED THE GAME with a readslist, there has been no update to it. which is odd to me, like, you posted a readslist cause we were like "yeah lists are cool!" and you made a "list" through post 16, which was literally just your read on me? then "brick is my very confident tr" that's not on the list!! I'm still confused where this brick TR came from looking at the ISO, like, it just appeared tbh, and Klick is barely interacting with people, yeah I'm down with this, Shirou is a very close 2nd place for my vote

(This almost feels like I can make a list right now... jk idk where I'd put gamma/gryff on the list)
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

I'm at work for the next way too long, but I'll have my laptop to check in if we're not too busy. Unfortunately, we're always busy.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Klick »

In post 428, Andante wrote: Penguin, I'd follow you, but
What's your read on me and why?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Andante »

In post 515, Klick wrote:
In post 428, Andante wrote: Penguin, I'd follow you, but
What's your read on me and why?
I just gave it lol, you're not town
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 428, Andante wrote: Penguin, I'd follow you, but I'm not really down to vote anyone actually doing something today, I thought about brick, at least Brick is trying, unless people start doing stuff, I'm voting in the ones complaining/giving no effort.

Shiirou calling me town over and over again, I am a little confused over there, like, I feel like I'm an easy read, so why does it have to be repeated over and over lol I laughed so hard at someone quoting all the times shirou called me town x10 times :) I'm scared it's a pocket attempt to stay on my good side, cause I've seen it so many times, but I'm still fine with Shirou living past today!
hahahaha this morning I was like "Klick has done stuff yeah, we had that conversation last night!!" and now it's like, nah dude, that ISO is EMPTY and is just "I talk to/about the same 3 people, that's it" the tables be turning
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:07 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 432, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 403, geraintm wrote: Argh! Just realised my 2nd previous post I messed up, but I hope you can see what I wrote brickwall.

But you are doing exactly to me what you are complaining is being done to you. You've decided I am scummy fo some reason and all my actions - even ones that to me scream town - you are twisting to be scum
It isn't really the same thing though, is it? Andante literally posted saying 6 posts in she thinks I am scum, and then subsequently went through every post I made and made it align with her read.

In post I said you were town leaning. My read changed when you posted . I am happy with my read for now and will reassess as the game continues.

But for now VOTE: Haschel, think we need something from this slot.
I still.do t get how me volunteering to be checked is scummy?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Andante »

YOOO so all this ISO talk, I went, how many posts do I have.. I have 80, which is almost 100, we're at 500 posts, 20% of the posts this game are me... I NEED MORE CONTENT FROM YALL!!!! lmaooo ok, I shall do my best to leave the game alone for a bit and let yall talk, also forgot to flip my vote

VOTE: Klick

Klick, can I see a current readslist from you?
(I will respond later! We need less Andante in this, cause 20% of the content being me? it's going to mess up my reads lol)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:11 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 451, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 448, Kowahbunga wrote: My thing is this, a no-lim guarantees no wagon on a town power that gets to L1 and has to claim it to stay alive.
i had this exact same argument in my first newbie game here, but here's the thing kowah:

1.the fact you can't effectively scumhunt yet in d1 perhaps doesn't mean others with more experience on this game can't. there's quite a few games that have scum eliminations on d1.

2. you're assuming that with "enough discussion" we can be conclude assuredly that we know who scum are, which isn't true and i've learned it painfully in my time here. Even the best town players in 20 years of this site incorrectly scumreads townies and townreads wolfies quite often, mafia isn't a game you can ever be sure of anything except on a cop/mech check/clear/guilty.

proving our guesses right or wrong to see if we should continue in a given direction or reconsider is the best way to win games. we "veterans" here all do that because most of us all have come to conclude it's the most effective way to play this game.
Argh, I hate the "well we've found scum day 1 so let's do it" argument.....
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 519, Andante wrote: YOOO so all this ISO talk, I went, how many posts do I have.. I have 80, which is almost 100, we're at 500 posts, 20% of the posts this game are me... I NEED MORE CONTENT FROM YALL!!!! lmaooo ok, I shall do my best to leave the game alone for a bit and let yall talk, also forgot to flip my vote

VOTE: Klick

Klick, can I see a current readslist from you?
(I will respond later! We need less Andante in this, cause 20% of the content being me? it's going to mess up my reads lol)
as the humble opinion of someone that early on felt like in his most recent scum game (white flag) Klick posts were kinda...?off/empty?, i think he has done quite a bit "real solving" here already

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

oh wow i skimmed some of andante posts bc she's too obvtown to me and i thought when she said "i'm at the top of the list" i thought she meant i was one of her top town reads

i hadn't noticed she had voted me

feels bad

Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

being suspected is kinda tiring

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Andante »

In post 479, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 473, Brickwalll wrote: VOTE: Lazy Shirou openly saying you think someone is town and then voting them because they won't comply with your request feels like borderline blackmail...
well, i'm a literal terrorist

klick can confirm that i blackmail people frequently in mafia games

we just got out of white flag game where i kinda blackmailed furtive to vote someone in the next day if i voted with him on that day
In post 480, Lazy Shirou wrote: i take threads hostage that's what i usually do

not here though i'm vibing

chilling

mhm
I mean, I wonder why I suspect you? It's truly a mystery to me, like, if you're looking at this from my pov, All you've done is call me town, I know I'm town, I also know that people who know me know to not instantly push me if they're scum and trying to fly under the radar. So what have you done that I can read? oh, you showed up to talk about the no lim stuff (I hate mech talk, so good work there) then this? I HATED these posts, like, what am I supposed to take away from them? Funny posts I can live with, those? not funny. Your "fake read" felt more like a real read, is that your actual thought on Taly? We can discuss Taly if you want, I haven't looked too much into them, they don't give off bad vibes so not a d1 priority lol (See, I read your posts!!!)

What do you think of Klick?

YOOOO IT'S SNOWING OUT NOW!!! I LOVE SNOW :) Ok, sorry had to share that fact
(lol so much for staying away)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”