Newbie 2110 - Postgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.08

Dionysus (E-2): skitter30, Sparletrix, MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill (2): Dionysus, Aureal
Ydrasse (1): bewolkt
bewolkt (1): KingTroll

Not Voting (2): BlueBloodedToffee, Ydrasse

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-02-04 03:56:40).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 197, Ydrasse wrote: skitter get in my pocket

(i thnk skitter is town i am pocketing her)

Uh why lol?
Fwiw i do not super strongly townread you at this time
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 201, skitter30 wrote:
In post 197, Ydrasse wrote: skitter get in my pocket

(i thnk skitter is town i am pocketing her)

Uh why lol?
Fwiw i do not super strongly townread you at this time
i think you'd be a bit more... mmm
like you said earlier i could be town and i felt like coming off of a scumgame like the normal recently you might try to be more reserved about it
also i like ur reads
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Hmmmm ok. Kinda feel like i wasnt being v strong abt that read before tbh, also a little surprised that that's a good enuf reason for u to give me a tr
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/them

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by KingTroll »

In post 183, Aureal wrote:
In post 160, KingTroll wrote: Hi guys! I'm back. Meg is my strongest townread right now. Funny how they made it out of my readlist the first time, one day I'll keep track of everyone.
I'm almost afraid to ask why Meg is your highest townread as I am seeing nothing to make me not want to VOTE: MegAzumarill but... Why? :o
No one has done... anything with my vote on bewolkt. That's dissapointing. I expected someone to at least comment on it beyond asking me why it was there. Hardly been a good use of my vote, but what happens happens. Half of me wants to say it clears them because I'd expect their partner at least would've jumped on for some post-flip cred later on
I'm not sure I'm following your reasoning here. You think that scum would feel some compulsion to vote their partner in RVS if someone else does first, just in case the partner gets flipped and someone happens to look back to remember who voted them early on and decides it means something? That seems like a very convoluted thing to be concerned about at this stage. And even if you think it's a solid premise, you couldn't reach the stated possible conclusion while there's an inactive slot.
I've just liked Meg's vibes and their early style of posting!

Second, at least one wolf was guaranteed to be active, and my bewolkt vote at the time got a completely null reaction. It's not the world's greatest read, sure, but it's good enough for me to clear the slot for Day One unless they say some really scummy stuff-
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by KingTroll »

In post 190, skitter30 wrote:
In post 160, KingTroll wrote:
No one has done... anything with my vote on bewolkt. That's dissapointing. I expected someone to at least comment on it beyond asking me why it was there. Hardly been a good use of my vote, but what happens happens. Half of me wants to say it clears them because I'd expect their partner at least would've jumped on for some post-flip cred later on-

Town:
KingTroll
MegAzumarill
Aureal
Sparletrix
Ydrasse

Would like more from:
[iamconfused]'s slot
bewolkt

Mafia:
skitter30
Dionysus

In spirit, my vote will be on Dion, at least until they produce content as they have promised. In practice, I would rather die than put someone at E-1.
I mean, wrt your vote on bewolkt, several people asked abt it and you p much shut down all lines of inquiry into that topic by saying you werent going to answer. Expecting people to question you more anyways is a little silly

As you have me down in the mafia section with dio - do you think i'm scum with him? What do you think of my vote on him?
No one talked about bewolkt or me! Everyone just either ignored it completely or talked to me about the act of voting it. No one said it was weird I voted them without explanation, nor anyone discussing bewolkt and the validity of voting them, or even accusing me of parking my vote on a LHF with zero reasoning! It genuinely got a nonreaction, and if one person doing something strange and then trying to shut down conversation is enough to make you stop thinking about it it bodes very well for the Mafia team-

I don't really think voting or pushing someone early day one is hard good reasoning to say "oh, no, they absolutely can't be paired". I'll say that I don't have strong connections between you two, as of right now they're both independent reads but I'm still willing to put stock in the both of them until you recover, a bigger fish comes to fry, or you get eliminated!
KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by KingTroll »

I think I need more content from Dion before anything else happens, but I can see the logic behind pairing Aureal and Dion. I just also think it's wrong Aureal has pinged me as town since their introduction-
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 105, KingTroll wrote:
In post 103, skitter30 wrote:
In post 77, KingTroll wrote:
In post 76, skitter30 wrote: a portion of a post
Mafia Payroll:
Dionysus
bewolkt

VOTE: bewolkt

;)
Sooooo clunky >.>
Can you talk a little bit more abt both of these reads, and why you chose to vote for bewolkt over dionysus
I don't really want to explain those in more detail right now, sorry! Also, I misread clunky as dunky and did not know what that meant about my readlist-
In post 112, KingTroll wrote:
In post 108, Sparletrix wrote: If you're not going to explain why you think that, could you at least explain why you're not going to explain? This just feels ...evasive.
You're absolutely right! However, I'm not going to explain why I'm not going to explain because that would ruin the point of me not explaining my explanation, if you understand my explanation here.

Unrelated: given that this is a newbie game, I think it's more reasonable to assume it's genuine advice than a 4d chess play-
It's obv p weird that you voted without explanation, i didnt see the point in continuing the convo tho after this, as you were p strongly indicating you werent going to answer
Show
Hiatus once more.

KingTroll
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
KingTroll
he/them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by KingTroll »

Talking directly to me was not the only option! I presented a strong stance earlier on in the game when not much of substance was in play yet, acted extremely strange about it, and no one discussed it in the slightest. It gives me an extreme amount of confidence that I didn't press a single nerve voting bewolkt, no one tried to shade me or commented on it and even bewolkt didn't mention it.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

What's your conclusion abt that?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Actually you gave a conclusion above, nm
Show
Hiatus once more.

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:40 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 204, KingTroll wrote: I've just liked Meg's vibes and their early style of posting!
Well that doesn't help inform my opinion at all. I note you differentiate 'early style'- do you think something different about these more recent posts?
Second, at least one wolf was guaranteed to be active, and my bewolkt vote at the time got a completely null reaction. It's not the world's greatest read, sure, but it's good enough for me to clear the slot for Day One unless they say some really scummy stuff-
Again, I am still not understanding your theory here. Wasn't this based on bewolkt being scum? Ergo, it's possible that the partner was not 'jumping on' because they aren't even participating yet.

Speaking of, where the heck is BBT?! It's been a whole day now. Should I take this as a sign that he's trying to get strategy sorted with his scum partner before jumping in? :o
In post 205, KingTroll wrote: No one talked about bewolkt or me! Everyone just either ignored it completely or talked to me about the act of voting it. No one said it was weird I voted them without explanation, nor anyone discussing bewolkt and the validity of voting them, or even accusing me of parking my vote on a LHF with zero reasoning! It genuinely got a nonreaction, and if one person doing something strange and then trying to shut down conversation is enough to make you stop thinking about it it bodes very well for the Mafia team-

I don't really think voting or pushing someone early day one is hard good reasoning to say "oh, no, they absolutely can't be paired". I'll say that I don't have strong connections between you two, as of right now they're both independent reads but I'm still willing to put stock in the both of them until you recover, a bigger fish comes to fry, or you get eliminated!
I'm getting more and more confused by your thought process. :?
In post 206, KingTroll wrote: I think I need more content from Dion before anything else happens, but I can see the logic behind pairing Aureal and Dion. I just also think it's wrong Aureal has pinged me as town since their introduction-
I can see the logic. It's logic that someone who's never played mafia may well use. Doesn't actually seem like very a good strategy for scum, using the same arguments and trying to start a wagon all on their own. But I haven't rolled scum since 2006 so maybe my head's not in the right place to see it. *shrug*
In post 208, KingTroll wrote: Talking directly to me was not the only option! I presented a strong stance earlier on in the game when not much of substance was in play yet, acted extremely strange about it, and no one discussed it in the slightest. It gives me an extreme amount of confidence that I didn't press a single nerve voting bewolkt, no one tried to shade me or commented on it and even bewolkt didn't mention it.
"a strong stance" and "extremely strange"? About what, exactly? The strangest thing I'm hearing from you is this idea that somehow bewolkt is sort of cleared because you voted them and nobody else has.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:42 am

Post by bewolkt »

In post 194, skitter30 wrote: Which reads would you like more on?
(Fwiw i'm actually trying harder than usual to elaborate lol)
Nothing in particular I just meant that I would like to see some more opinions of you before forming a stronger opinion because I´m not feeling you give that much info about your reads (for example about meg or ydra)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:23 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Alright, I'm here and reading up now.

Apologies for the delay.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:25 am

Alright, I'm done.

Aureal - Strongest town read, perplexed that people are scum reading Aureal. If anyone has reasons for scum reading Aureal other than defending scum!Dion, I would love to hear them.

---Pretty sizeable gap---

Dion - Think this is town. Early game I was almost 100% voting Dion after catch up, but some of Dion's posts later on were much better and feel town., , and . Dion sticking to their guns and not wavering despite coming under pressure feels town, very interested why Meg isn't town reading this after Meg said this in

Skitter - Could be town? Some town pings, but not getting a whole lot from this slot. feels particularly town.

Bewolkt and Sparl are very 'meh'. Got nothing noteworthy from either of these slots yet. Do more.

Scum are below this line -------------

Ydrasse - felt scummy in a pockety kind of way. reads in this post are very different to how I'm reading the game which gives me red flags. Outside of these things, Ydrasse is just floating by while seemingly active - great spot for scum to sit in.

Meg - This is a weird one for me, I think I have scum read Meg every single time I have played with them so I'm trying my best to keep that in mind. felt evasive, and as stated above, I want to know why Meg thought Scum!Dion wouldn't die on this particular hill in but would be happy to die on the current hill which seems much more significant. Like, why doesn't scum!Dion just provide some basic reads/thoughts to relieve pressure?

King - Felt this slot was town in early game and was biggest town read by far. As game progressed, this slot has fallen off significantly. A lot of their posts/thoughts don't really follow a logical path (such as the vote on Bewolkt) and their refusal to explain scum reads despite appearing confident on town reads is scummy.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:26 am

VOTE: Bewolkt
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 212, bewolkt wrote:
In post 194, skitter30 wrote: Which reads would you like more on?
(Fwiw i'm actually trying harder than usual to elaborate lol)
Nothing in particular I just meant that I would like to see some more opinions of you before forming a stronger opinion because I´m not feeling you give that much info about your reads (for example about meg or ydra)
Meg - i feel like is very sincerely trying to sort dionysus, and that his reasons for pushing him are real. His half of the interaction felt very townie to me. I also liked as i said before

Ydra - i liked in that she liked for similar reasons that i did. This makes me feel like she might be approaching the game as the same alignment as me. That being said, this is not a strong/confident read just yet
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

Bbt i'm not sure what to do with the fact that your reads are almost upside down from mine >.>

I will say that my sr of dionysus is coloring a lot of my reads - it's leading me to sr aureal as well. Can you elaborate a little more on why you think she's townie?
Show
Hiatus once more.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:05 am

Sure.

feels town to me because I don't think scum would say this. This is town feeling embarrassed/incompetent at what they have done so far IMO, I don't think scum would post this. I'm referring explicitly to the 'I'm normally very good I swear' comment.

Feels genuine, the last part at the end about Ydrasse is Dion just giving what thoughts they have. No fluff, no BS, no filler, just stating what they think. Nothing more, nothing less. I feel scum would be much more likely to bulk up their posts or provide more when coming under pressure.

Dion is very sticky with this POV on how they play the game and I feel like scum would adapt somewhat as it's becoming increasingly clear that Dion is catching heat for how they've played the game to this point. There is no appeasement from Dion at all.

I may be biased with this post because of my own read on Meg but I really liked this push back. I agree with Dion that Meg was subtly twisting their words/thoughts to make Dion appear scummy.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ah apologies i meant could you talk a little more abt the aureal read? I worded that confusingly >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

And wrt your points on dio:

- i don't think is particularly unlikely to come from scum tbh
- i kinda *don't* like that he was sticking to his guns so long in his argument with meg: i felt like he was relying on the 'no serious content' bit to avoid talking about things that were actually happening. I like that meg picked up on that, and that's one of the reasons i townread him. Outside of this argument with meg i still don't feel like i have a great sense of how dio is viewing the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:23 am

Aureal is very much a tone read and a lot of their thoughts on the game were mirroring my own as I was reading up.

The entry post defending Dion was good, I think scum!Aureal can come in and create a narrative that ends with a scum read and vote on Dion. Wouldn't be difficult to do. However, Aureal comes in and starts defending the player who is most under pressure and goes against the grain of the thread (I think scum would find this difficult to do and is almost playing sub-optimally at that point given the direction the game was heading).

Having said that, I just realised that Aureal actually ended up on the Ydrasse wagon which somewhat negates what I just said above given they put Ydrasse to E-2. The main point of Dion being a much easier push/vote still stands though as does pushing against thread consensus.

and Again, this is possibly coloured by my own read on Meg, but I like this push on Meg. The logic in this post is really good and does put Meg's push into a bad light, I like the questioning of King as well which mirrored my own thoughts as I was reading.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:24 am

In post 220, skitter30 wrote: And wrt your points on dio:

- i don't think is particularly unlikely to come from scum tbh
- i kinda *don't* like that he was sticking to his guns so long in his argument with meg: i felt like he was relying on the 'no serious content' bit to avoid talking about things that were actually happening. I like that meg picked up on that, and that's one of the reasons i townread him. Outside of this argument with meg i still don't feel like i have a great sense of how dio is viewing the game
I really don't want to revisit the merry-go-round that happened earlier but Dion explicitly said they would comment on things when they had the opportunity to read up.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:24 am

Post by Alianna »

Sparletrix has requested replacement.