PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

shirou would you be ok with getting yeeted today and deadsheeped tomm?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

someone's asking me to watch a movie so not even gonna finish up or proofread this, just hitting submit

----

honestly would give this post rly little credence/I myself don't personally trust it but maybe something resonates
I just feel like I shouldve been posting much more about my progression of thoughts so here are some what I've been thinking I guess idk lmao

sheep

tsq is fine
pooky is fine
enchant - just sheeping the thread, on my to-do-list to understand the meta here / check whether it's still valid. dead null to me personally, maybe even lean wolf lolz

cakez - didn't love that one catchup, idk it felt more like selecting a conclusion about a player and then affirming it while moving through the thread, rather than the natural other way around. but at the same time the level of sheer genuine tilt is probably just villa 80%
gamma ?? - feels like, worst ratio of volume to anything actually memorable (beyond the early challenge) but from what I remember this might be more of a calmer playstyle thing than AI
shirou ??? - no clue would honestly rather just sheep my town reads here than try to conclude things. this "sacrifice for deadsheep" thing is ridiculous tho just hang wolfy ppl
alisae ?? - I like the posts on a micro level, but the overall worldview is a bit hard to buy, like the "im so confident everyone's town that im desperate for a PP flip, which if it's a villager would shake me"
std - was actually one of my top towns up to a point, but I think when people started sussing him he responded really badly. e.g. freedom-tunnel was done in a too easy/lazy way I didnt like, like wolf reading freedom there is fine but it was a bit overdone
Norwee
tbone - would need to reread stuff to legit formulate a push. I remember thinking his reaction to the challenge was dreadful before reaching TSQ posting the same thing. The stance on voting pooky because of wanting to preserve teammate and stuff was a pretty bothersome out from actually solving, which it ended up being; idk how to describe better. like the justification with past experiences and stuff actually made some sense, but there was still a weird disconnect between deciding to vote pooky and absolutely no acknowledgement of pooky's AI content, which was like triple anyone else's at that point. disliked some other posts but no clue by now. my brain has stopped critical thinking by the time there's a wave of interesting solving from this slot page 70

PP/Psyche - obv dead null so far but I dont want to define a "dead null" location on my list it's too 3d/fluid
Lazy Shirou
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Lazy Shirou
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:38 am

Post by Lazy Shirou »

In post 4000, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: shirou would you be ok with getting yeeted today and deadsheeped tomm?
who is ever ok with getting yeeted pooky, especially when i want to preserve the historical low amount of mislims

i would rather it be an attempt at BoP because if by any chance i'm right on cakez or psyche, my death would feel meaningless, and if i'm wrong i can at least say a part of me dying is objectively my fault tommorow

but i'm not the one to decide who dies today, so if between [me, Cakez, Psyche] people think i'm the scummiest one, deadsheeping feels ok i guess
The Deathtunnel Archon Shirou without any of his aggro or hyperposting powers.

Legend says that one day he may reclaim his Gnosis and show his effortful form once again, but until that fated day comes...
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 3977, Psyche wrote:
In post 3974, Save The Dragons wrote: Psyche what's your hero solve
id rather be limmed than force an answer to this why do people do these prompts why am i so mad about it
this is antispew it comes from scum
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t know why you’re so ok with this. It seems like an completely unnecesarry mislim to have you flip town just to get Psyche tommorow by "deadsheeping" you. Everyone thinks Psyche is scummy already. If it must be tied to Shirou’s alignment i’d rather we just lim Shirou if Psyche flips town. Alternatively i might just use the powrs at my disposal and switch Shirou away with some other choices and we lim Psyche then.

Also, VOTE: Psyche
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Actually scratch that. I think limming Shirou just loses us the game fullstop.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Enchant »

While i think Psyche is more likely town than not, i am ready to vote here because i can be wrong
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I too think psyche is town.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And the fact that there is this much sustained pressure for limming him is absurd.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

At this point I don't know what anti Spew means and I'm too afraid to ask.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:24 am

@Shea- Seriously, you've played with me how long and you're acting like you don't know? Knock bloating off with fake dumbtells. I don't have the energy.

i mean

spew is like revealing stuff about the scum team if you're scum. it's good to get reads and such from people you think are scum imo because it means they have to put their team somewhere on the list and it may be easier to find them.

antispew is when scum rebel against giving information using cute lines like psyche did to prevent the town from getting information about the scumteam from them
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:41 am

Post by T-Bone »

I'm considering voting psyche. I think if he wasn't the Shirou counterwagon I'd do so. Let me pull together my thoughts. This is my intent to hammer post if we get to that point.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4002, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 4000, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: shirou would you be ok with getting yeeted today and deadsheeped tomm?
who is ever ok with getting yeeted pooky, especially when i want to preserve the historical low amount of mislims

i would rather it be an attempt at BoP because if by any chance i'm right on cakez or psyche, my death would feel meaningless, and if i'm wrong i can at least say a part of me dying is objectively my fault tommorow

but i'm not the one to decide who dies today, so if between [me, Cakez, Psyche] people think i'm the scummiest one, deadsheeping feels ok i guess
Was anyone consistently pushing the furtive v. Freedom SvT narrative
I think I want to vote out that person, if that person exists
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

Okay, I have moved some people around here. My Enchant and Shea town reads are staying, I haven't seen anything to suggest this is wrong. Maybe I'm feeling too familiar with Enchant, but I've seen nothing that even alarms me tbh. I think Shea's frustration with not being listened to is genuine and nothing has changed for me here. I swapped the position of Pooky and Gamma, and I just feel a little recency bias maybe? I didn't want them both in the town pile, but I won't be going for Gamma any time soon. I'd need to see a scumflip or something shady to even change this. I also swapped the position of StD and Dunnstral. I just think StD would have handled the Titus thing differently if he were scum. I really respected the move to spend coins to pursue the scumread on Titus StD said he had. And I just imagine him just handle things differently in general if he were scum. I can't discount the feeling that maybe StD is just playing a great scum game so I won't be moving StD higher. I moved Dunnstral down to scum lean because I feel like Dunnstral replaced into a slot that people largely town read, and has coasted on that. Dunnstral has yet to offer anything to the thread. I think if Shirou were to flip town Dunnstral would have to be scum. I've kept Sheep here because they replaced into a slot I thought could be scum and they hasn't done anything to change my view. I did want to call out Sheep for reading me as scum because he thinks I tried to get Pooky limmed even though I didn't, but if he really is reading the game I want to give a little grace there, that's a lot of game to read. Psyche is...well tbh I looked as his back and forth with Shirou and if I'm honest I think there are points Shirou is making that I see. So I am conflicted. I'm gonna quote a few things after this post to walk through my thoughts. I think if one flips town the other is scum is still true and vise versa. But I'll work on that in another post. Psyche/Sheep makes sense to me as a scum pairing. Shirou or Dunn flipping scum makes me less sure of their partners, so that's another point that weighs in favor of psyche/sheep actually being scum. But that we still can't get Shirou limmed bothers me. That has been frustrating me for like several weeks now or however long this game has gone.

Spoiler: Reads 3.0
Town Lean
Enchant
Shea
Pooky

Null Lean
Gamma
Cakez
Norwee
StD

Scum Lean
Dunnstral
Psyche
Sheep
Shirou

In post 2696, T-Bone wrote:
Spoiler: Reads 2.0
Town Lean
Enchant
Gamma
Shea

Null Lean
Pooky
Alisae
Cakez
Norwee
Titus

Scum Lean
STD
Psyche
Haschel
Shirou

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:20 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3947, Psyche wrote:
In post 3933, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 3931, Psyche wrote: it's not bullshit. why would i hang on reads even i understand have weak basis
i don't understand what you mean here

you had suspicious on titus and still seemed to dislike the wagon happening at all rather than *yours*

you talked like as if us flipping you would be better than flipping titus and that feels lamist to me
i think it's dumb to only be able to eliminate null reads in games w 150 pages
it means town sat around all that time and did nothing
so much has happened but everyone acts like bystanders in it all. pile blame on the limmed slot for not making content as if it those were their only options.

i don't think lamist is a real tell anyway. as if only scum could ever have motive to complain when a town is fucking up.

the sad thing imo is that when i flip you'll still think lamist is a real tell just like people are still riding on "no content" as a lim basis after titus flip. you'll just go on being like that. all failure, no growth
Like this is just not true! People thought the limmed players were scum. This reframing of 'well everyone is voting out their nulls' is just incorrect.
In post 3960, Psyche wrote:
In post 3951, Lazy Shirou wrote: I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU'RE STILL ARGUING YOU WERE NULLREADING TITUS
again, so silly. why would i not? i clarified that it was a null read. you saying "nope" is supposed to change my mind?
And I feel like this is also reframing. I didn't quote the whole exchange so you can go back for it. But the readslist Shirou quoted regarding the Titus read. Yes Titus was listed as null, but Titus was also listed 3rd from the bottom. I don't think it would be unreasonable for a player to interpret that Titus being placed near the two explicit scum reads as also thinking Titus could be scum. At least compared with the rest of the reads list. Like between the 'people I think are scum' and 'people I could make an unsatisfying case for as scum' there were two players in each for a total of 4, I don't think it's unreasonable to interpret them all as scum reads. Psyche clarifying now that 'actually they were null' is one thing. But reframing as it was always communicated this way is misleading. I just in general don't like how psyche is trying to reframe the mislims as something that was pushed by people who didn't have scumreads, and reframing the communications of his own reads.

I think if psyche had this discussion with a player I implicitly town read, I'd feel more compelled by it. So can someone in the Enchant to Cakez range read through this and tell me what they think?

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mean I think psyche is town. Part of that has been colored by thinking theres no way psyche and shirou are both scum and thinking shirou is lock scum.

But part of it is just the tone and posts don't seem agenda driven to me.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:56 am

i just don't know if i buy "it burns my cookies that someone would deign to ask about my reads!" coming from town when he's already given like half of the prompt i'm asking him for
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4016, Save The Dragons wrote: i just don't know if i buy "it burns my cookies that someone would deign to ask about my reads!" coming from town when he's already given like half of the prompt i'm asking him for
Why would it come from scum?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:59 am

to prevent spewing who the team is
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:00 am

or spewing who's not in the team

if he has to pick 4 people, does he really pick 3 of his partners? does he pick 3 town? does he bus 1 or 2 scum?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:01 am

even if he's town it gives us more information as to who a pro-town member was thinking was scum

i know no one listens to dead town but that's not really the reason he gave it was way more dodgy.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

And why does this logic not apply equally to someone like alisae who has literally refused to say reads anywhere but eir PT?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:04 am

In post 1622, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1621, furtiveglance wrote:I will stake all of my Scummies awards on Alisae and Titus being 2 Mafia
I think this game's already done seriously. Norwee is probably scum, and the fourth one doesn't endgame whoever it is
i listened to furtive on titus lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:05 am

In post 3459, Alisae wrote: Std Cakez Haschel + 1 more that’s likely psyche
this is alisae's last solve i think unless she posted something more recent that i missed
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:06 am

i feel like alisae has given reads but she has been a little dodgy yes

but the point is there's pressure on psyche and he's clamming up, alisae never really had pressure.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”