Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 996, geraintm wrote:i am going to assume you have way more tucked up your sleeve about this. to me it feels like a pretty strong night action.
What about Penguin's post specifically makes you make that assumption?
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:37 am

Post by Herta »

*checks watch*

11:30 AM. Shirou is still scum.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Klick »

I think it's possible but I want to know why
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Klick »

I think geraintm is a pretty good scum equity slot
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:40 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1001, Herta wrote: *checks watch*

11:30 AM. Shirou is still scum.
*checks watch*

11:40 AM. Herta is not voting who they think is still scum.
<(") | (")>
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Herta »

*checks watch*

On snooze.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:45 am

Post by redFF »

In post 996, geraintm wrote: firstly, sorry for not having been around at the end of the last day, i was in a white van driving round the country.
In post 992, PenguinPower wrote: VOTE: Klick

I will be taking no questions at this time.
i am going to assume you have way more tucked up your sleeve about this. to me it feels like a pretty strong night action.

having seen the two deaths, i can sense a theme running through all the roles :)

Lazy Shirou just setting off my scumdar btw. i've got nothing more than that on them, but they feel off
geraintm
- does nothing all day 1, explaining that he thinks day 1s are pointless and that's his playstyle, he's not going to do much
- comes in day 2 making an excuse for not being around in day 1, despite already explaining that he thinks day 1s are pointless.
- fishes for a PR on his first post of day 2

VOTE: geraintm
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:30 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 999, redFF wrote:
In post 998, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 997, redFF wrote:
In post 995, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 994, redFF wrote: Hello good morning
Hi - Are you surprised at all that Andante wasn't the kill?
not really
Like I just feel from you pointing out all those votes and how they were literally on everyone yesterday, just seemed like the best option for it early to me.
i think she's town but it's tough to read into the NK too much, brickwall was townread by most too
When I look into a player death, I don't look too much into how others are/were reading them though. I more look at what they were saying. Like for me the NK is on the player that gives the least amount of info to town. To which I believe if Andante was town, it should have been them because from my POV of how I review the game, that's who was all over the place D1. So their reads from D1 would just be meaningless to us now because they literally suspected everyone.

So if you don't feel this way, and you feel brickwall was more town read than everyone else (maybe putting words in your mouth so feel free to correct me if this isn't what you meant, I mean you were pretty hard reading Andante as town D1 so for you to say what you said about Brick makes me think you'd be okay saying they were the most town player from D1?), then do you think brickwall had accurate reads on D1?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:40 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1007, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 999, redFF wrote:
In post 998, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 997, redFF wrote:
In post 995, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 994, redFF wrote: Hello good morning
Hi - Are you surprised at all that Andante wasn't the kill?
not really
Like I just feel from you pointing out all those votes and how they were literally on everyone yesterday, just seemed like the best option for it early to me.
i think she's town but it's tough to read into the NK too much, brickwall was townread by most too
When I look into a player death, I don't look too much into how others are/were reading them though. I more look at what they were saying. Like for me the NK is on the player that gives the least amount of info to town. To which I believe if Andante was town, it should have been them because from my POV of how I review the game, that's who was all over the place D1. So their reads from D1 would just be meaningless to us now because they literally suspected everyone.

So if you don't feel this way, and you feel brickwall was more town read than everyone else (maybe putting words in your mouth so feel free to correct me if this isn't what you meant, I mean you were pretty hard reading Andante as town D1 so for you to say what you said about Brick makes me think you'd be okay saying they were the most town player from D1?), then do you think brickwall had accurate reads on D1?
could be that. im not mafia so i have no insight into why they chose him for a nightkill
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 68, Brickwalll wrote: VOTE: Andante

Sup…. I’m here.
RVS but included for reasons.

In post 235, Brickwalll wrote: I was going to vote Gamma anyways because my vote on Andante isn't legit but now it just seems like OMGUS haha. Oh well.

VOTE: Gamma
In post 257, Brickwalll wrote: UNVOTE:

Embarrassing myself here :roll:
This first vote was the original vote, then they sort of stumbled with trying to link a post and voted for the post instead which is why I think they unvoted and voted gamma again...

In post 473, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 467, Lazy Shirou wrote: @Kowah

3 fake reads with some good reasoning

that's all i'm gonna keep asking from you in this game. i need you to prove me and everyone else that you know how to lie so we can move from this.

from our PoV you can just be scum that doesn't know how to lie so far.
He doesn't need to prove it for me, you need him to prove it for you. Not everyone else.

VOTE: Lazy Shirou openly saying you think someone is town and then voting them because they won't comply with your request feels like borderline blackmail...
Votes on Shirou for good reason imo

In post 771, Brickwalll wrote:
Yo,

Like Red lost the game for a day but I am back now. Briefly caught up and if I missed any questions directed at me please point me in that direction.

Gryff is defs town imo and I won't be voting for him, although looks like a lot have dropped of the wagon now. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time of it, Gryff, but persistence is key. If you do get limmed there is always the next game. I joined the site for the first time when I was around 13/14 and can understand the difficulties but just know it is only a game and any frustrations or distress will pass eventually. It won't always be this frustrating and you will have fun eventually :)

Fire bringing the heat, excuse the pun. Good intro and like there game play so far. Driving town forward imo.

Taly
calling Gamma subdued is hilarious in my opinion. Especially considering she still hasn't explained her little blow up and refuses too. If
PP
is white knighting Klikk then there is an argument to say he should be looking in Taly's direction for this too.

*looks over to PP to see if he looks over to Taly*

Gamma still my number one closely followed by Geraint.

Going into my last meeting of the day and then will be back on this evening!
Back to Gamma wagon.

I'm here and feel like I'm missing a vote so I'm going to double check after I post this because I don't want to lose what I've done.

I will point out that a lot of their later posts seemed to be heavy on Andante as a topic and leaned towards suspicion.

Which makes me want to lean Shirou and Andante as scum currently. One, Shirou starting today trying to make a case against me for my hammer when Gamma clearly stated they weren't going to claim just has the feeling of someone who isn't reading the thread as much as they should be and that's always scummy to me.

Andante still feels scum even after everything we went through yesterday and it's going to take a lot for me to turn my eye away from that slot.

I'm going to find that one other vote before I make my vote.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:42 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1008, redFF wrote: im not mafia so i have no insight into why they chose him for a nightkill
lies - not mafia has a miltank at the appropriate size for an avatar
<(") | (")>
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 432, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 403, geraintm wrote: Argh! Just realised my 2nd previous post I messed up, but I hope you can see what I wrote brickwall.

But you are doing exactly to me what you are complaining is being done to you. You've decided I am scummy fo some reason and all my actions - even ones that to me scream town - you are twisting to be scum
It isn't really the same thing though, is it? Andante literally posted saying 6 posts in she thinks I am scum, and then subsequently went through every post I made and made it align with her read.

In post I said you were town leaning. My read changed when you posted . I am happy with my read for now and will reassess as the game continues.

But for now VOTE: Haschel, think we need something from this slot.
Found it!

I'd switch to an Andante wagon, but I think I want:

VOTE: Lazy Shirou

to go today.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:43 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1007, Kowahbunga wrote: Like for me the NK is on the player that gives the least amount of info to town.
there are lots of reasons to NK someone besides this (think they're a PR, think they're a good player, think they have good reads, think they have bad reads but want to use their reads for a ML, etc.)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1007, Kowahbunga wrote:When I look into a player death, I don't look too much into how others are/were reading them though. I more look at what they were saying. Like for me the NK is on the player that gives the least amount of info to town. To which I believe if Andante was town, it should have been them because from my POV of how I review the game, that's who was all over the place D1. So their reads from D1 would just be meaningless to us now because they literally suspected everyone.
I think this view of the game reveals that Kowahbunga is not scum
I think someone actually being scum in this game would not have this idea of how scum choose their nightkills in their head
It's also a particularly individual way of describing how Kowah would choose the nightkill, and I think scum would be less likely to have that description so closely tied to an
individual
perspective because they are more conscious of the fact that the NK is a group decision
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1005, Herta wrote: *checks watch*

On snooze.
ok - but seriously, why shade a slot like that but not lay down a vote?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1013, Klick wrote:
In post 1007, Kowahbunga wrote:When I look into a player death, I don't look too much into how others are/were reading them though. I more look at what they were saying. Like for me the NK is on the player that gives the least amount of info to town. To which I believe if Andante was town, it should have been them because from my POV of how I review the game, that's who was all over the place D1. So their reads from D1 would just be meaningless to us now because they literally suspected everyone.
I think someone actually being scum in this game would not have this idea of how scum choose their nightkills in their head
It's also a particularly individual way of describing how Kowah would choose the nightkill, and I think scum would be less likely to have that description so closely tied to an
individual
perspective because they are more conscious of the fact that the NK is a group decision
it's also someone with a partner - say someone like you - to coach them in how to approach it could do!
<(") | (")>
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

I know what the loud part of Brick's role means but I'm not familiar with "novice" included, can someone share that info with me?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:46 am

Post by PenguinPower »

novice can't act night 1
<(") | (")>
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1015, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1013, Klick wrote:
individual
it's also someone with a partner - say someone like you - to coach them in how to approach it could do!
haha gottem!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Klick »

The most annoying thing in this game for me by far atm is Penguin's approach to me
It feels like you're taking everything I say and interpreting it in this really Level Zero negative way, like you're deciding you don't like it and then attaching a quick 'zing!' afterwards
I remember there being a little bit of this from you the last time we played but nowhere near to this degree
I don't know what I've done to piss in your cheerios but I'd appreciate at least an attempt at understanding a perspective that's different than your own
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:55 am

Post by GamerGryff »

VOTE: andante

If I was scum and this was town I would've killed this immediately since everyone kept saying obvtown so it reads as suspicious they're still here

FYI it's the day I do both jobs so I prolly won't be back til very late if at all today
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:57 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I just strongly believe you are scum so I am approaching your slot from that perspective. Like, independent of anything else, everything thing I see from you comes across as hard defending or buddying newbies and I think you have a scum incentive to do so.

Sorry if that annoys you.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:59 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1021, GamerGryff wrote: VOTE: andante

If I was scum and this was town I would've killed this immediately since everyone kept saying obvtown so it reads as suspicious they're still here

FYI it's the day I do both jobs so I prolly won't be back til very late if at all today
but...you aren't scum so even if this was town...how does that logic track?

i agree with the second part though I'm not sure everyone was obvtown...pretty sure warmpuppy was pretty vocal about scum!andante
<(") | (")>
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Klick »

Well... with all due respect, you're wrong.

My two strongest townreads ARE Gryff and Kowah at the moment, and I think them being new to MS has a lot to do with WHY those townreads have developed. I feel fairly confident in my ability to read people when they're being people and not gamers trying to approach Mafia in accordance to the MS site meta. I have a history of having rather accurate reads on players who are either new to the community, or older but not trying particularly hard. Or if you don't want to hear me talking about my read accuracy, I can at least back up the fact that I tend to express confident reads on newer players.

The thing you are scumreading is a thing that I do as town. I would probably do it as scum as well. But it definitely happens as town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”