redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:19 am

Post by redFF »

I will freely admit that i havent played mafia in a long time and that a 17 player game is a lot of people for me to get a good handle on the game. Im honestly kinda lost. But i've been providing reads and in and about the thread so i dont know why certain players are tunneling me so hard as a compromise elimination. besides gimli am i anyone's top number 1 scumread? We still have a lot of time left in the day.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

:thinking:
:pensive:
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1700, redFF wrote: I will freely admit that i havent played mafia in a long time and that a 17 player game is a lot of people for me to get a good handle on the game. Im honestly kinda lost. But i've been providing reads and in and about the thread so i dont know why certain players are tunneling me so hard as a compromise elimination. besides gimli am i anyone's top number 1 scumread? We still have a lot of time left in the day.
I didn't like your readslist, it looked lazy and scummy
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:26 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1702, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1700, redFF wrote: I will freely admit that i havent played mafia in a long time and that a 17 player game is a lot of people for me to get a good handle on the game. Im honestly kinda lost. But i've been providing reads and in and about the thread so i dont know why certain players are tunneling me so hard as a compromise elimination. besides gimli am i anyone's top number 1 scumread? We still have a lot of time left in the day.
Lazy sure but scummy how? I whipped it up pretty fast by just looking at the playerlist and firing off
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1703, redFF wrote:
Lazy sure but scummy how? I whipped it up pretty fast by just looking at the playerlist and firing off
Because you had quite a lot of players listed as idk/eh, (and otherwise didn't say much about anyone), it made me think that 1) You are scum who therefore doesn't have real thoughts about other players, and 2) that you are avoiding giving reads on certain slots because they are your partners.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

ActionDan is still a thing if people want to go there. Did anyone get towny vibes from his first post?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:49 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1704, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1703, redFF wrote:
Because you had quite a lot of players listed as idk/eh, (and otherwise didn't say much about anyone), it made me think that 1) You are scum who therefore doesn't have real thoughts about other players, and 2) that you are avoiding giving reads on certain slots because they are your partners.
4/17 i had as idk/ehh is that not acceptable halfway through day 1
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:53 am

Post by redFF »

In post 1705, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: ActionDan is still a thing if people want to go there. Did anyone get towny vibes from his first post?
It was pretty pointless just going off the first 10 pages unless hes going to give us a bunch more posts like that. But i wanna give him a chance to catch up
Asri Teroka
Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Asri Teroka »

Furtive just wants to save Cakez, Red.

Cat Scratch, this one'd rather leave Dan of Action alone for a while, let them maybe come to grips with the kingdom's state?
Asri Teroka
Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Asri Teroka »

In post 1707, redFF wrote:
In post 1705, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: ActionDan is still a thing if people want to go there. Did anyone get towny vibes from his first post?
It was pretty pointless just going off the first 10 pages unless hes going to give us a bunch more posts like that. But i wanna give him a chance to catch up
This one has mind-melded in truest sense with you and therefore you are my first goodlock.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:59 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1705, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:ActionDan is still a thing if people want to go there. Did anyone get towny vibes from his first post?
no
free crypto
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Aristeia »

VOTE: Dan
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:06 am

Post by petapan »

with fresh eyes i'm less swayed by the AtE from cakez, but i'd rather give him space i guess
free crypto
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1708, Asri Teroka wrote: Furtive just wants to save Cakez, Red.

Cat Scratch, this one'd rather leave Dan of Action alone for a while, let them maybe come to grips with the kingdom's state?
If that was true, I wouldn't mind who was voted apart from it not being Cakez. You can see that I clearly have a preference
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

he came in scumreading and voting me. So i automatically like the dude.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:08 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1705, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:ActionDan is still a thing if people want to go there. Did anyone get towny vibes from his first post?
totally unrelated post but i want this to get in your mentions - what do your reads look like currently?
free crypto
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:13 am

In post 1715, petapan wrote:
totally unrelated post but i want this to get in your mentions - what do your reads look like currently?
Town

Aristeia, furtiveglance, Klick, Morning Tweet
Firebringer, petapan, Alisae, Mistyx, redFF, Asri Teroka, Gimli
VP Baltar, Taly*, Black
SirCakez, ActionDan

Scum
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:18 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1716, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1715, petapan wrote:
Town

Aristeia, furtiveglance, Klick, Morning Tweet
Firebringer, petapan, Alisae, Mistyx, redFF, Asri Teroka, Gimli
VP Baltar, Taly*, Black
SirCakez, ActionDan

Scum
think the bottom is not super likely as a team but on day 1 w/e

why low on black? why high on morning tweet? (i don't have issues with her but i don't have her as strong town so curious on the perspective)
free crypto
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:25 am

In post 1717, petapan wrote: why low on black? why high on morning tweet? (i don't have issues with her but i don't have her as strong town so curious on the perspective)
Black is someone I have a lot of mixed feelings about. I think if I look at their ISO, they're kinda surface-level towny in how much they're engaging and close reading. But then they kind of tunnel on their reads in spite of expressing uncertainty in their ability to read people - as in, I don't think their reads have changed all that much in a while (I think they're still scumreading furtive/ari/fire? they've recently added alisae). I didn't really see them engaging with Morning Tweet's response to their case on furtive, which I thought raised several good points, or with Ari's points on Cakez, which I also thought were good.

And in general, I feel like their reads are very different from mine, and I struggle to read those people. tbh I've kind of just punted them for now.

Morning Tweet seems to really enjoy sinking her teeth into the nitty gritty of the game when she's town. Her posts are genuinely trying to understand people's perspectives... and I kind of remember her as a flop as scum (sorry).
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Black »

In post 1704, furtiveglance wrote:Because you had quite a lot of players listed as idk/eh, (and otherwise didn't say much about anyone), it made me think that 1) You are scum who therefore doesn't have real thoughts about other players, and 2) that you are avoiding giving reads on certain slots because they are your partners.
This is so weird to me. Red had 4 players listed as idk. That equates to "a lot" ? Like how do you look at red's list and come to this conclusion. Or did you really think his list was trash because he had you leaning scum?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Black »

In post 1718, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:But then they kind of tunnel on their reads in spite of expressing uncertainty in their ability to read people - as in, I don't think their reads have changed all that much in a while (I think they're still scumreading furtive/ari/fire? they've recently added alisae). I didn't really see them engaging with Morning Tweet's response to their case on furtive, which I thought raised several good points, or with Ari's points on Cakez, which I also thought were good.
I disagree. I feel like I've been careful
not
to tunnel in on certain people. I do still scumread furtive but I haven't pushed the case because it was all behavioral. I think his whole tone changed after I voted for him and he hasn't done anything town in my eyes since then. We do have similar reads on a couple people though. I haven't seen anything from Fire or Ari that have changed my mind about them being potential scum. And to me Alisae doesn't post from a town perspective at all.

But I understand that my reads are crap. I thought it would be easier to read people as the game went on but that isn't the case. I don't feel comfortable asking other people to join me in my votes because I don't really have a strong case for anyone. I don't like any of the bandwagon votes (Cakez, redff) and I won't be joining them as I think they are probably town. So for now I'm just in my own little corner with my suspicions and I'm just watching things play out, trying to get anything useful out of this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Black »

Regarding MT's response on my furtive case. I just noticed she commented inside my spoiler tags. I legit missed that the first time and thought the only thing she had to say about it was "mild case my ass" haha
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:51 am

That's probably fair
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1721, Black wrote: Regarding MT's response on my furtive case. I just noticed she commented inside my spoiler tags. I legit missed that the first time and thought the only thing she had to say about it was "mild case my ass" haha
LMFAO that didn't occur to me to probablymention the response, I've been on a crazxxy spoiler tag spree this game. My bad
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1720, Black wrote: . I haven't seen anything from Fire or Ari that have changed my mind about them being potential scum
What from Ari is scummy again
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”