Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1700, redFF wrote: I will freely admit that i havent played mafia in a long time and that a 17 player game is a lot of people for me to get a good handle on the game. Im honestly kinda lost. But i've been providing reads and in and about the thread so i dont know why certain players are tunneling me so hard as a compromise elimination. besides gimli am i anyone's top number 1 scumread? We still have a lot of time left in the day.
im listening for ur suggestion on the compromise wagon/ elimination.
I don't strongly townread or scumread you. You sit mostly on the fences for me even though ur doing stuff.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Black »

In post 1723, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1721, Black wrote: Regarding MT's response on my furtive case. I just noticed she commented inside my spoiler tags. I legit missed that the first time and thought the only thing she had to say about it was "mild case my ass" haha
LMFAO that didn't occur to me to probablymention the response, I've been on a crazxxy spoiler tag spree this game. My bad
Nah that's not your fault. I know to check the spoiler tags now

I don't have much to say about your response to the furtive case. You bring up great points, some of which I already considered (hence the "mild" part of the case... it was a flimsy read but I felt like I was onto something at the time). I need to do a better job of explaining why I could be wrong in these type's of posts. The thoughts are in my head but I need to include them for clarity
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Black »

In post 1724, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1720, Black wrote: . I haven't seen anything from Fire or Ari that have changed my mind about them being potential scum
What from Ari is scummy again
For me it was mostly the tone of her early game posts. I didn't like a lot of what she posted but none of it seemed inherently AI. It just felt like she was pushing wagons and such without much substance. Her content got better once she got called out for it but I really didn't like the Cakez vote or the wagon, so that kind of added to my read. Some of my suspicion is tied to her interactions with other players I consider kinda scummy, but I have to check that bias because one town flip in my series of scum dominos makes the whole thing fall apart
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

ActionDan is still reading pages that don't matter to me, aka the mne and fire spat. As much as I want to give him extra time, i disagree with red/cakez limz and i think that lycanfire is a realistic shot at scum soooooooo feels in my best interest

But I guess there's 8 days. I guess then, Dan has plentyo f time to potentially stun us with his town panache
In post 1688, Klick wrote: On one hand I feel pretty checked out of the general goings on in this thread

On the other hand 'let's compromise somewhere' sounds like how town dies D1 and I don't -dislike- redFF
In post 1689, Klick wrote: On the third hand town probably dies D1 anyway
Not a good reason to compromise! Fight!

I skimmed Lycan's ISO and it still reads scum to me! But I don't have many new points, mostly due to how there isnt any new content

Spoiler: The initial Taly read
In post 779, Lycanfire wrote: hey i caught up

Vote count, unofficial 1.06
17 votes, 9 to lim (expired on 2023-02-17 17:05:00) time until night

redFF
(3): Gimli, furtiveglance, Cat Scratch Fever
Aristeia
(3): Lycanfire, SirCakez, Black
Lycanfire
(3): Klick, Firebringer, Alisae
VP Baltar
(2): Mistyx, petapan
Morning Tweet
(1): Taly
Klick
(1): Morning Tweet
Asri Teroka
(1): VP Baltar
Alisae
(1): redFF
SirCakez
(1): Aristeia

Not voting
(1): Asri Teroka

player notesmovement
VPB->redFF->Aristeia
common voters
Black from redFF -> Aristeia
CSF VPB->redFF
because of unvotes, we're sitting at 5 vanity wagons. the bottom three are true vanity.
In post 784, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 783, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Taly said he was blocking the site until Monday. does that change your read?
No it doesn't change my read. The only thing that would have me revise it is more content or having someone read them better.

This is the first unusual bit. I responded to that in

Spoiler: Lycanfire on Taly, later
In post 1197, Lycanfire wrote: At work right now. Let's push this along a bit.

I feel the three points we broke out of RVS were (1) redff on gimli ("serious vote"), misty on VPB (gave a reason), and Taly on MT. I liked Taly the least, because they had high confidence and it happened right after VPB received two votes on the same page.
In post 313, Taly wrote:this is a mild reply compared to what i anticipated
Doesn't really track with posts like
In post 367, Taly wrote:MT was too mild against my conviction, it doesnt alleviate my scumread
If we talk conviction, conviction is hammering scum to the wall when you've caught them... not make a catty remark and let them exit the thread.
In post 446, Taly wrote: unless someone refutes my vote I see no reason to consider other options at this moment
Conviction level: no other option. No new content and no work being done to get some, either.

I was trying to get some reactions with the move on Taly. I have a misgiving about how furtive likes them and I really dont have any meaningful experience with Taly (I was on an alt with them in a large game that I think I flaked out on, few years back.)

This took me a while to understand. I see -- Lycanfire is saying that Taly's use of the word "conviction" is objectionable, at best their shade merely grazed the edges of my fur and, more than likely, bounced out of my head immediately. Still, it feels like a bit of a semantic objection -- I think Taly's point is that he expected me to be "less mild" in response to his suspicion, probabnly because he thinks that he's onto something and im trying to play it off.

Interestingly i do get the impression that Taly feels super sure about the read and feels that his conviction should be more reaction-worthy. Which then, in that interpretation, the word "conviction" does make sense if you just think of it as "Taly really believes it" rather than "Taly is trying hard to really pressure me"

Would have liked to talk this out more

Spoiler: pages 32-33
In post 788, Lycanfire wrote: It's an avi takeover
In post 794, Lycanfire wrote: I made it red so we're even right?
In post 796, Lycanfire wrote: redFF I know this is sudden but I really want to get to know you

Specifically something very personal

Do you have a special read? You know, a feeling for another player in this thread. It's okay to say it this is a non judgmental area.
In post 798, Lycanfire wrote: Truly the blursed timeline
In post 801, Lycanfire wrote: Let's compare notes. What's your read on peta ali?
In post 810, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 806, Alisae wrote: okay ya i don't think my read really changes.

I can't identify Peta's agenda if he's a wolf so I'm happy to call it town for now. Still something that's being played out in the moment though. His VP push doesn't seem like a push that comes from a wolf so far?
I was mainly asking because you mentioned you said he was easy to read.

What do you think of ? I thought this was pretty townie, but I was going off of tone. I'm not XxTonereader420xX so my opinion probably means shit.
In post 813, Lycanfire wrote: Glorious page

This just feels super off to me! It's, stilted. The jokey tone feels suspect, the interuptions to ask Ali and red about random particular reads feels without aim

This is much much different from the (1) other game i've seen lycanfire in. Much different. But I'll look at the game to make sure I'm not misremembering

viewtopic.php?t=90204&user_select%5B%5D=28041

Just scroll through the D1 beginning, that's all i was there for anyway. See what I mean? Very different, like a different player. Could be the density of this game though, that was also a large game but I dont remember if the D1 went this fast.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

correct me if im wrong but the only scummy thing u mentioned here was her interactions with other scummy players. r u saying it looks like she is doing theatre with them or what. I am not sure what you mean by saying her interactions with X or Y makes her look bad in of itself.
i get u say ur opinion will change once u get a flip or something im just not getting who and what interactions will make u think ari is scum because of that interaction instead of what ari is doing.

Everything else u mentioned i don't think means much? Her tone was off? Umm i disagree. She didn't post content until called out, again disagree. I think she has posted much more thought but i think she posted plenty of content in this game early. Now its just more direct instead of implied thought processes. I know u said that early stuff is like not really AI.

I guess im struggling where ur independent Ari scumread is here. This seems like a null read at best right now.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Morning tweet for president
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Firebringer »

Excuse u.
I am the king and there will be no presidents while i breathe.
Show

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: ActionDan
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1731, Firebringer wrote: Excuse u.
did you miss the part where you were deposed? Sorry to be the one to break the news
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1733, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1731, Firebringer wrote: Excuse u.
did you miss the part where you were deposed? Sorry to be the one to break the news
Fake news.
Show

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Black »

Yeah, she leans slightly scum to me based mostly on gut feeling. But it's a weak suspicion and kind of why I'm not comfortable with an Ari vote today
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Black »

In post 1691, Firebringer wrote: and according to my experience day 1 town eliminations are more likely to end result in town win than day 1 scum eliminations.
You got any stats or anecdotal evidence to back this up or is this guesswork? Like can you point to specific games where this is the case? Seems like such an odd thing to say
So like, as long as its not an obv town. Fine with a compromise.
Just point and ill go there.
This feels like you're giving up to me. I understand this is supposed to be a compromise but why is it better to vote for a null read over someone you think is scum? Just to end the day? Idk, I think even though the day is dragging on, we are still getting tons of content and stuff to work off of later in the game. Potentially cutting further D1 interactions just to progress the game feels weird
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1736, Black wrote:
In post 1691, Firebringer wrote: and according to my experience day 1 town eliminations are more likely to end result in town win than day 1 scum eliminations.
You got any stats or anecdotal evidence to back this up or is this guesswork? Like can you point to specific games where this is the case? Seems like such an odd thing to say
So like, as long as its not an obv town. Fine with a compromise.
Just point and ill go there.
This feels like you're giving up to me. I understand this is supposed to be a compromise but why is it better to vote for a null read over someone you think is scum? Just to end the day? Idk, I think even though the day is dragging on, we are still getting tons of content and stuff to work off of later in the game. Potentially cutting further D1 interactions just to progress the game feels weird
you will have to take my ancedotal evidence as i am too lazy to pull up the evidence of this. I did an analysis like a year or 2 ago based on all my completed games of a hunch that day 1 eliminations don't matter to end condition. My conclusion was like out of the 150+ games i looked at (yes i played too many games), if the game was a day 1 town elimination, it was around 70% that the game would end with a town win.

also im not giving up. I am just like not here to argue push my preferred lim here when town is too divided and my voice isn't going to get that much here. I guess that sounds giving up? I just really don't care for ensuring my preferred lim goes through. I don't feel strong enough to push/force to get it done.

also we have plenty of d1 interactions. What interactions do u still want u don't think u have?
I have plenty of strong townreads. The only thing i want is some strong scumreads and i don't see us continuing the day and me just getting that. I will get stronger scumreads after some flips occur.
Show

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:48 am

Post by Black »

In post 1737, Firebringer wrote: you will have to take my ancedotal evidence as i am too lazy to pull up the evidence of this. I did an analysis like a year or 2 ago based on all my completed games of a hunch that day 1 eliminations don't matter to end condition. My conclusion was like out of the 150+ games i looked at (yes i played too many games), if the game was a day 1 town elimination, it was around 70% that the game would end with a town win.
Ok fair enough. Crazy stat. I wish you had put this in an excel sheet or something lol

Regarding further interactions, I guess I'm just thinking that any and all interactions are beneficial. Every post can be used as evidence when building a case down the line. Compromising D1 just to end it feels weird to me but I can see the logic behind it and it isn't necessary wolf indicative, just behavior I don't think benefits the town much
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Firebringer »

You know what i might just make an improvised town core. Let me see playerlist.

Spoiler: List

Firebringer
petapan
SirCakez
VP Baltar
Aristeia
Alisae
Taly*
Gimli
furtiveglance
Klick
Morning Tweet
ActionDan
Mistyx
Black
redFF
Cat Scratch Fever
Asri Teroka

Okay of these players who i trust enough just to get an agreement or just town enough that im fine with them helping decide the compromise?

I need 9 to get an elimination. So 8 other players than me.
Aristeia, petapan, VPB, Klick, Gimli, Black, Furtive, Cakez.

Here is what I want the members to do. I want each player to take 1 player out of the remaining player list, and the last members left in this pool gets eliminated
Spoiler: Remaining player list

Alisae

Taly*
Morning Tweet
ActionDan
Mistyx
redFF
Cat Scratch Fever
Firebringer

I kept my name in for funsies. I struck out Alisae, don't want elimmed even though don't townread.
Please now each pick someone you don't want in the lim pool. Theres only seven left so only six of you can vote.

I want to see which person each person protects and maybe we can actually get consensus.

I guess this also requires everyone is fine with my initial townreads which i don't feel like arguing at this second.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

Asri Teroka would also go in the remaining player list that we can strike.
I apparently forgot him entirely. I do feel townie on the person pretty good but consider him in for this exercise.
Show

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Black »

Out of that list, I get the strongest TR from MT. Take her out
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

Spoiler: Remaining

Alisae

Taly*
Morning Tweet

ActionDan
Mistyx
redFF
Cat Scratch Fever
Firebringer
Asri Teroka

7 more strikes to go.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Firebringer »

6* and I call myself an accountant.
Show

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I don't want any of Taly, Mistyx or CSF as the D1 lim but...take out Taly
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Firebringer »

Okay 5 more to go

Spoiler: List

Alisae
removed by fb
Taly*
removed by furtive
Morning Tweet
removed by black

ActionDan
Mistyx
redFF
Cat Scratch Fever
Firebringer
Asri Teroka
Show

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »