Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2516, petapan wrote:
In post 2508, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2505, unwnd wrote: I want ffery and peta to both be town but I'm not sure if they both are
Oh, don't worry... they are
uh what turned you around on ffery
ffery is Luke's slot

I've always thought they were town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm guessing I confused you when I said they needed to refine their reads
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Bell »

Oh. I was being totally sarcastic in my reversal of my read on Marci. I was half-heartedly trying to play ball and try to convince the scum team to kill them if I was wrong.

But self control broke and I reverted to active open skepticism.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2527, Bell wrote: Oh. I was being totally sarcastic in my reversal of my read on Marci. I was half-heartedly trying to play ball and try to convince the scum team to kill them if I was wrong.

But self control broke and I reverted to active open skepticism.
I realized, and the whole sequence set off my plunge into the snarky fishes rabbithole.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by Bell »

At least Marci got it, but I wasn’t sure if it was two layers of irony/sarcasm or three.

I was tempted to dive and murder them just to find out. But I suck and KT tripped some of the classics. (I suck).
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Honestly, why the flying fuck haven't you guys done this.

Marci, full claim tracker result

If your claim contradicts what someone else did at night then we get two scums.

Other than that, I have some very serious thoughts for this town. Not Dunnstral, he's playing to his win condition, but the rest of y'all need some serious methodology.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Bell »

Hey, I did ask.

But I would like to selfishly continue to claim that I need a methodology and accept the criticism anyway.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2517, unwnd wrote: We're smart people.

There has to be scum between Dunn/StD/Marci.

Right? ..Right?
I mean I'm cheating because I know for a fact you're right. But if you want #2, I'd lean more STD.

I'm starting to wonder if you're just sloppy. How am I the first person to demand Marci's tracker result (and I will pitch a fit till I get it). Tracker is a role that's impossible to fake. If she did pick the Jailkeeper side of it, then there's every chance she could claim a tracker result on someone with a PR and get into a role 1v1, or be forced to fakeclaim a result on her scumbuddy for safety (which tells us a lot if she flips). If you're howling for her blood, you should pitch a fit for it. Instead even Marci says no one gives a fuck.

I've got a red result in my inbox and I'm living in a tunnel, I should not be the first person in the thread to note this obvious fucking fact.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 2114, Bell wrote: Oh, Dunn is just saying I haven't exited my scum range.
Sure. Okay.

Did Marci say who they tracked yet.
I'm irrationally hesitating I will always regret the road not traveled when the road ended up being a green blood splatter but you always have to wonder if they're both going to be green blood splatters.
Did I mention I'm upset that KT fliped green, because I'm pretty sad about that.
I genuinely don't know how I was supposed to tell. I guess there were some hints in how they formulated their reads lists on people. But sigh. A minor inkling.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2531, Bell wrote: Hey, I did ask.

But I would like to selfishly continue to claim that I need a methodology and accept the criticism anyway.
Like cop is easy for scum to fakeclaim. "I'm super cop. X is town. Y is town. Z is town. Look I know because they're not in the scum PT with me".

Tracker fakies tend to blow themselves up. Like "oh gee, I tracked Bell, he went nowhere." Bell: "I'm actually the mason recruiting doublevote granter, I did go somewhere last night." Instant 1v1. Now she could actually have picked the tracker... but that means sacrificing the Jailkeeper side, which is the much stronger side for scum.

Now she could have chatted with the scumteam and worked out the perfect fakey to fool all of us. Then futzed around and decided "eh, fuck claiming that thing we worked on, idgaf." Alternatively she went "eh guys, I'll just wing the tracker thing tomorrow, idgaf."

Or it's just town pissy no one is paying attention to them. I mean I know what I'd put money on.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:04 pm

Post by unwnd »

Marci is just there because I see people still want marci dead (Peta, et al). I don't know what marci is up to but I've seen her come in here saying that we don't care about her reads and then someone will say 'Yeah Marci, we actually do' then she leaves. I have to ask myself if I want that type of play to be anywhere near the top-half of a readlist.

As far as her claim goes? I believe someone said that outing her result gives scum a lead on other PRs because she claimed her target didn't visit anyone.
Stop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

if I post again tonight remind me that my eyes are going to fall out.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by Bell »

But then I won’t get to see your eyes fall out
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2535, unwnd wrote: Marci is just there because I see people still want marci dead (Peta, et al). I don't know what marci is up to but I've seen her come in here saying that we don't care about her reads and then someone will say 'Yeah Marci, we actually do' then she leaves. I have to ask myself if I want that type of play to be anywhere near the top-half of a readlist.

As far as her claim goes? I believe someone said that outing her result gives scum a lead on other PRs because she claimed her target didn't visit anyone.
If you actually think she's scum, then there's two possibilities:

- She's actually the Tracker at which point
scum know the fucking results

- She has to fakeclaim, meaning she either fakeclaims a target on a scumbuddy, or risks fucking it up.

Or you could think she's town. Do you think she's town?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by unwnd »

Pray tell how the first point is absolutely true? Let's say she's real. If her check is on

1) A member who didn't submit a kill
2) A vanilla townie who doesn't have an ability

Then that's basically nothing gained.

I see where you're coming from though in regards to if she's scum though. If I were to be blunt, I feel indifferent. She's not town on my list and she's a lim candidate so she's there with the other two
Stop
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:15 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2395, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2051, petapan wrote: when i push hard all the time as town too
Sometimes you don't though.

(I recently insomnia-reread Not Quite Normal 1)

It was probably a passing fancy.
what i mean by that is "i push hard (very frequently)" not "i push hard (literally always)" butunderstand the linguistic ambiguity
free crypto
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by unwnd »

You know if I had a hypo gun I'd shoot StD

and then if that hit red, I hipfire between you and LLD because I am obnoxiously convinced that StD/Dunn isn't a scum pairing and I'm given room to be daring
Stop
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2539, unwnd wrote: Pray tell how the first point is absolutely true? Let's say she's real. If her check is on

I see where you're coming from though in regards to if she's scum though. If I were to be blunt, I feel indifferent. She's not town on my list and she's a lim candidate so she's there with the other two
There's three whole targeting roles left alive that could have submitted a night action last night. (Doctor, Ascetic Cop, Draft Cop) If she's picking someone scummy who is middle/end of the pack (because none of the investigative roles are targeting the top 4, where scum are going to be shooting), what are scum going to potentially learn? Lukewarm/Fferlyt doesn't have one of those three roles? Gee. I bet they'd have never guessed.

Chances are it's useless, but there's a reason there's a methodology to these things. If she does make a "likely guess" and it turns out to be wrong, she's caught scum. That makes your win percentage go up slightly.

Frankly I think Marci is salty we're not taking her awesome power role seriously. That stinks of town to me. But hey, I'll take the few percentage chance I'm wrong and she mucks up a fakeclaim.

As for Hypocops, we should have a long talk in the postgame about why they're very bad and you should have never fallen for Dunn's gambit.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by petapan »

std/dunn is never s/s, yes

i ruled out him and luke but i'm not convinced that's never the case tbh though i guess we can cross that bridge later

lld's handling of dunn raised slight red flags for me in that i could kind of see it as a moment where the wolf shows its teeth but she didn't go straight for the kill on him so i think she's still probably good
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2538, GreyICE wrote:
In post 2535, unwnd wrote: Marci is just there because I see people still want marci dead (Peta, et al). I don't know what marci is up to but I've seen her come in here saying that we don't care about her reads and then someone will say 'Yeah Marci, we actually do' then she leaves. I have to ask myself if I want that type of play to be anywhere near the top-half of a readlist.

- She has to fakeclaim, meaning she either fakeclaims a target on a scumbuddy, or risks fucking it up.

no she can literally be a tracker who is still scum? what are you on about
free crypto
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 2544, petapan wrote:
In post 2538, GreyICE wrote:

no she can literally be a tracker who is still scum? what are you on about

I'm gonna assume it's very late where you are, and let you take a mulligan on that one.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by petapan »

i was reading too quickly
free crypto
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:29 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2542, GreyICE wrote:
In post 2539, unwnd wrote: Pray tell how the first point is absolutely true? Let's say she's real. If her check is on

There's three whole targeting roles left alive that could have submitted a night action last night. (Doctor, Ascetic Cop, Draft Cop)
If she's picking someone scummy who is middle/end of the pack (because none of the investigative roles are targeting the top 4
, where scum are going to be shooting), what are scum going to potentially learn? Lukewarm/Fferlyt doesn't have one of those three roles? Gee. I bet they'd have never guessed.

Chances are it's useless, but there's a reason there's a methodology to these things. If she does make a "likely guess" and it turns out to be wrong, she's caught scum. That makes your win percentage go up slightly.

Frankly I think Marci is salty we're not taking her awesome power role seriously. That stinks of town to me. But hey, I'll take the few percentage chance I'm wrong and she mucks up a fakeclaim.

As for Hypocops, we should have a long talk in the postgame about why they're very bad and you should have never fallen for Dunn's gambit.
Bolded - She's not really being cooperative. You assume this methodology follows someone who is paying attention and it's likely they're not. No disrespect to her on a personal level we're friends but yeah. I also don't think she really cares about her awesome role because a lot of her bemoaning comes from 'I'm not being listened to' which I think maybe half or more of the plist has said 'ok Marci, the floor is yours!'

And then no response
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by unwnd »

Peta's freud slip gives me some major confbias that he's town

Feel he'd more delicate than that