Mini 2287: AB:LoAF (Postgame)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by Enchant »

Or it's 9vs2vs2?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by Enchant »

Honestly it depends on what groupscum we have.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Man, I'm so confused. So only 2 pirates?

Pirates likely: Kirigiri and Herta.

I kinda don't feel safe with both of them alive. We need to AT LEAST hit one scum today with the elim and vig. There is a chance Kitty is scum of some sort so we can't rule that out either so this elim today is actually pretty crucial it seems.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

If we elim town and then Kitty is scum and hits town we are pretty much screwed for sure.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Marashu »

Herta could be a pirate. If herta looked at the picks and saw must-pick miller, herta didn't need to worry about how the pick affected alignment. Then, per steps 6 and 8 of the setup which say that faction PTs are given after all discards are resolved, herta finds out about the faction via PT. I honestly believe Herta didn't see the faction in the original pick PM, which means that herta thinking scum was assigned after the picks might be a scumslip. But that's my tinfoil theory.

At this point, I don't even know.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 1371, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1369, Marashu wrote: Wait, a pirate win means they exit the game with a win. So it's guaranteed that the first person they target and the last person they target are not aligned. And it sounds like people discarded vanilla roles, which are the roles that protect from pirate, oddly enough. That said, if pirates tell us who they are pirating, then if they exit at night, we can basically use that as a parity cop between the first person they target and the last person they target. No reason to hunt/shoot pirates.
But on the flip side, if we wait too long, can't they just side with scum?
Hard for them to scumside, if you think about it. As soon as they find someone of every faction, they leave the game. It's to their benefit to find scum early so that they don't risk dying. But for them to fully scumside, they would need to only plunder scum and have town removed.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by Marashu »

But if we kill both pirates before they get one of each side, then they lose. So it's very much to their advantage to work with town.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Now that I understand that Kirigiri is a groupscum not 3p I am not as against them being the vote/vig today. I think I would prefer the vig since we guarantee that we hit 1 scum and we have a chance of voting scum out too.

I think Hail is 100% a must today as I was saying earlier.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by Marashu »

Assuming that the Any faction really are pirates.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1379, Marashu wrote: Herta could be a pirate. If herta looked at the picks and saw must-pick miller, herta didn't need to worry about how the pick affected alignment. Then, per steps 6 and 8 of the setup which say that faction PTs are given after all discards are resolved, herta finds out about the faction via PT. I honestly believe Herta didn't see the faction in the original pick PM, which means that herta thinking scum was assigned after the picks might be a scumslip. But that's my tinfoil theory.

At this point, I don't even know.
I think I'm down for a Herta vote today. You? Also I think we should just tell Kitty who to vig rather than a pool. At least for today, since this seems to be a pretty crucial day.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Gimli »

if the other pirate claimed, we'd diminish the likelihood of missing true groupscum. we are NOT interested in killing the pirates because they are meaningless to town's wincon. they can also pretty much serve as rolecops. we'll deal with potential problems wrt their claim when we get there.

so may the other pirate please stand up?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1383, Marashu wrote: Assuming that the Any faction really are pirates.
Kirigiri could be lying to save herself, true. This is pretty confusing. And it doesn't help that we only have 1 day left.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1385, Gimli wrote: if the other pirate claimed, we'd diminish the likelihood of missing true groupscum. we are NOT interested in killing the pirates because they are meaningless to town's wincon. they can also pretty much serve as rolecops. we'll deal with potential problems wrt their claim when we get there.

so may the other pirate please stand up?
Kirigiri could be lying and is not a pirate and something else. Pirate is group scum and Kirigiri was pretty adamant about being 3p
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

do pirates share a PT? do they know each other? kirigiri said as if she doesn't know who the other pirate is.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 5, MegAzumarill wrote:
Faction Introduction:
Pirates

Pirates
have a factional Complex Combined Vanillaiser/ Role Cop action. (the target will lose all personal abilities and the
Pirate
performing their action will learn their role. This fails if used on a vanilla role.

Pirates
win when at least 1 player from each other alignment still alive in the game has been successfully plundered and at least one
Pirate
is alive.
A
Pirate
win causes all members of that faction to leave the game victorious and the rest of the game to continue.
Additional Info:
Cop: Maritime Cop
Godfather: Pirate Captain
Miller: Sailor
Mason: Coast Guard

Factional Concept by KittyTacky

(Note that since this post is a faction introduction it should be treated as "Vanilla" if rolled for a role.)

if the pirates have a factional vanillaiser/role cop, then they must certainly share a PT.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 1388, Gimli wrote: do pirates share a PT? do they know each other? kirigiri said as if she doesn't know who the other pirate is.
Kyoko knows who the other pirate is. Kyoko also called that person 3P, so I think she's treating the entire Pirate faction as a 3P faction that wins independently since it's not a True Groupscum faction.
In post 1289, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: (also this means I'm not the only 3p in game. there are 2 of us. make whatever you want of the setup based on this info)
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu »

In post 1357, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1270, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
In post 1267, Gimli wrote: oh okay I'm glad you're talking about haunted village. to @everyone check townie kuzu playing and eliminate him from this game cause the difference is so obvious: viewtopic.php?sid=&f=51&t=90328&user_select%5B%5D=31886
Mind telling the class what the “obvious difference” is? You should be able to do so since you seem to think it exists. I will grant my gameplay there differs in some ways but has absolutely nothing to do with my alignment. And I a think my conviction there and here match rather fairly.
I think you're way more assertive this game than last
Okay, that’s something. Question is why does Gimli think I’m more assertive as scum?
"I'm used to being mistrusted... Do what you will..."
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:57 pm

In post 1335, Gimli wrote:
In post 1331, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote: Didn’t you just say dislike does not equal scumreading? How do those posts not fit given that?
and your pretty face interfered with my questioning to say herta was scumreading the both of us! hah.

she went from not committing to a read while 'heavily' disliking it to saying it's TvT. if she
heavily
dislikes both of our tones, how is her conclusion that it's a TvT? this is senseless.
I think I said that was how I read it and not a definite answer?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1390, Marashu wrote:
In post 1388, Gimli wrote: do pirates share a PT? do they know each other? kirigiri said as if she doesn't know who the other pirate is.
Kyoko knows who the other pirate is. Kyoko also called that person 3P, so I think she's treating the entire Pirate faction as a 3P faction that wins independently since it's not a True Groupscum faction.
In post 1289, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: (also this means I'm not the only 3p in game. there are 2 of us. make whatever you want of the setup based on this info)
there's something wonky here. she said 'another 3p' she didn't say it was another pirate.

I think she has true groupscum equity rn. I'll mull this over.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:58 pm

In post 1359, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1303, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote:
In post 1297, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1098, Herta wrote: Using hail again seems to me not a good play.
In the words of TL 'scum mindset'
How so? I think there’s reasons to not use hail tonight. I would suggest Marashu holster rather than use another power so hail can be done again later though.
What if scum just kill him tonight and we don't get another use of his role? It's silly not to just use hail again.
You’re probably right but I don’t see it as scummy for Herta to say what he said.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:00 pm

In post 1364, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 1344, Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu wrote: Well that’s my cover blown; at least it lasted for one full game.
I had a feeling it was you, but wasn't sure. Glad to be playing with you again.
Figured you might have pieced it together a bit. It was your comment that I resembled Fuyuhiko that led me to choose this identity for this alt.
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:02 pm

In post 1367, Kokichi Oma wrote: herta be the pirate miller*
Yeah I think Herta is either town/true groupscum miller that returns pirate or pirate miller
Essentially: I think Pirates are the smallest groupscum faction this game.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:04 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1393, Gimli wrote:
In post 1390, Marashu wrote:
there's something wonky here. she said 'another 3p' she didn't say it was another pirate.

I think she has true groupscum equity rn. I'll mull this over.
the thing is: there aren't more than 3 factions in the game. there are guaranteed 3 factions. 'another 3p', 'make whatever you want of the setup', those aren't saying she is not the only pirate. those are saying she is not the only third party (when she is not third party, she is benign groupscum allegedly). I think it's possible that she is lying because of that.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Marashu »

I feel like we're arguing semantics at this point - when I read "us" I see Kyoko identifying as the same alignment as the "another 3P". If there is another benign 3P or benign groupscum that is not pirate, they should CC
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

VOTE: Herta

I'm going here for now

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”