Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 3036, Alisae wrote:
In post 3034, redFF wrote:
Alisae wrote:we're trying to figure out which one of gimli/redFF is likely to be a villager because I think 1 of this is a villager and 1 is a wolf exactly.
Why do you think this
I think how you got to voting cakez likely comes from a wolf but if you're a villager I think gimli saying let lycanfire cook is weirdge. You 2 have a lot of interactions with each other so I want to say 1 villager 1 wolf since I can also find things that are townie about both of you.
Misty said you two could be wolf wolf which I haven't considered and I think one of you two is a wolf so I haven't considered the both of you being villagers.
not a fan of this post at all, why couldnt we both be town?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by redFF »

nice i got a pagetop
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3048, Firebringer wrote: im not making a claim for mistyx being scum right now Alisae.

i don't get why ur hyper on about anyone claiming mistyxy is wolfy needs to explain.
who do u think is doing it as a escape goat read or doesn't have a genuine read.

or whats ur point if not that.
I actually think it's mostly villagers that fos Misty so I want them to talk more about it.
I feel like no one is really trying to explain why the slot is a wolf, but rather that it is just a wolf.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I'm not particularly convinced Misty is mafia or town, I wish she'd post more.
You are always gonna be my love
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3042, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2843, fireisredsir wrote: i think the game is probably not over unless scum got an absurdly unlucky rand and all landed as low influence players so its kinda hard for me to believe ali genuinely thinks the game is solved and easy
Who do you think is deepwolfing? I noticed the two lower tiers in your readslist were players I'd call "low influence" + Black, and even Black hasn't been able to influence the game much so far.
i don't have any specific people in mind which i realize is unhelpful

i still think most scum are probably in the lower tiers (although i think you're misreading, black is higher), and i have even softened a bit on my alisae read today so far compared to yesterday, so idk

"low influence" isn't maybe the best term anyway, but more, likely to end up in consensus POEs

i just kind of have the feeling that im probably misclearing someone because i think scum had plenty of time to prepare for dan going down and i would be surprised if none of them positioned well enough to fool the general collective opinion of who looks scummy rn

if i had to pick one name in the higher tiers that i think could be scum who is slipping their way into a lot of people's townblocks it would be MT. but i also don't really mind leaving her alone for now bc i think she shows herself and does good solving as town. similar maybe goes for klick
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I don't think it was that clear Dan was going down because it moved from 3 -> 7 in a pretty fast way near EOD
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 3030, Alisae wrote: I weirdly enough I don't think I have a problem with this? I think I can see a villager posting this.
This was about

I thought the reasoning seemed flimsy for a defense of a scummy slot. It was based on a bunch of assumptions that weren't true... one implication is that town should be reading her and Lycan exactly the same way, which just isn't true even if both were lowposting.

And it's also like, who were the slots pushing Lycan and are any of them scum? It feels like an underdeveloped thought.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

cat scratch is this really gonna be our first game as same alignment
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:40 pm

In post 3054, fireisredsir wrote: if i had to pick one name in the higher tiers that i think could be scum who is slipping their way into a lot of people's townblocks it would be MT. but i also don't really mind leaving her alone for now bc i think she shows herself and does good solving as town. similar maybe goes for klick
Can you explain why you're townreading Shea? I was rereading the game last night, and felt like VPB's interactions around the Lycan wagon weren't great.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:41 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I would be really surprised if CSF is mafia because the way she convinced me to vote for Lycan felt very unaligned
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:41 pm

In post 3057, Firebringer wrote: cat scratch is this really gonna be our first game as same alignment
Yeah, I think so!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3053, Aristeia wrote: I'm not particularly convinced Misty is mafia or town, I wish she'd post more.
despite having her in my lowest tier i kinda agree with this

i don't think she's shown anything that convinces me she's town and i think when she's town she is able to do that from what i've seen

i read the things alisae quoted and idk all of the places where alisae says "i feel a villager says this" i just... don't? none of it feels remotely like something scum wouldn't be able to fake or wouldn't think to fake

and basically everyone else ive at least read some posts and thought "hmm this feels towny"
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:45 pm

In post 3058, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 3054, fireisredsir wrote: if i had to pick one name in the higher tiers that i think could be scum who is slipping their way into a lot of people's townblocks it would be MT. but i also don't really mind leaving her alone for now bc i think she shows herself and does good solving as town. similar maybe goes for klick
Can you explain why you're townreading Shea? I was rereading the game last night, and
felt like VPB's interactions around the Lycan wagon weren't great.
I can elaborate more on the bolded, since I was typing this up anyway-
In post 824, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 806, Alisae wrote: (Peta's) VP push doesn't seem like a push that comes from a wolf so far?
Can you elaborate what you mean here?

Something about the Lycan/Alisae interaction strikes me as very fake (even if the avi is hilarious).

Lycan, you said I shifted to Ari, but it was Asri...just to clarify. I suppose I may need to write out Ari's name fully if that's going to get confusing.
He says Lycan/Alisae interaction seems fake, but if you look in his ISO, he never further develops this read nor does he seem particularly interested in pursuing this line of thought at all. This is in spite of the fact that Lycan wagon was a thing for most of the day.
In post 870, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 869, Klick wrote:
In post 863, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: SirCakez?
I don't know how you made that read but yes it's Cakez!
Why is lycan more likely scum than cakez?
I don't know why he would ask this, given he just said Lycan had a weird interaction with Alisae. Note that this question was asked before Ari started hardpushing and metacasing Cakez. At this point, I don't think VPB had a reason to think Cakez was scummy, or at least, that thought wasn't present in the thread yet. So the answer to "why is lycan more scummy than cakez" should be somewhat evident to vpb, no?

Spoiler: some more dead end questions
In post 957, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 913, redFF wrote: i think one of cakez/lycan being scum is a decent shout
Can you tell me why you feel this way? Were you sussing either of them before the hood came out?
In post 1114, VP Baltar wrote: Firebringer, why Lycan over cakez?

Shea's reasoning for ultimately voting the Dan wagon was pretty good, but the bulk of Shea's catch up was dropped after the Dan wagon had already built to E-2 (). So it's hard for me to tell if that was a genuine thought or scum understanding the inevitable trajectory of the wagon and gearing up to bus.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3055, Aristeia wrote: I don't think it was that clear Dan was going down because it moved from 3 -> 7 in a pretty fast way near EOD
i think it wasn't necessarily clear in that moment but also i think quite a few people had expressed suspicion and the writing was kinda on the wall that it was at least very likely

i don't think scum would have been caught off guard by it at least
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i didn't townread baltar and had him as suspicious early partly bc a lot of his questions felt toothless

his later posting felt a bit better and i had him around null when shea came in

with shea it was mostly just how he was engaging with the thread and catching up and talking to people felt like he was genuinely trying to sort things out and solve the game, and i didn't ever get the sense that he had a goal in mind that he was working towards

except for the bit with black where it felt like he was interpreting things ungenerously

hmm i don't remember why i moved him up tbh i will go look and see why eod felt towny to me
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:51 pm

Town

Firebringer, petapan, Aristeia, furtiveglance, Klick, Morning Tweet
Black, redFF, Alisae
SirCakez?, fireisredsir?
Mistyx, Gimli, Asri, Thestatusquo

Scum

---

I see redFF in a lot of people's PoEs, but I thought he looked a bit townier with the ActionDan flip. I got the impression that ActionDan was angling to vote RedFF here:
Spoiler:
In post 1988, ActionDan wrote:<snip>
Both 1861 and 1869 from Red I find distasteful after having their name crossed off.

+ a lot of defending/pocketing Alisae after e moved their vote off of him and onto redFF in [] (the defending bit starts around ). That feels like Scum!Dan building up a townie who was pushing in the wrong direction.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:57 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

oh i guess part of it was i just really bought the reaction to the claim

it doesn't feel like he would choose to fake the reaction in that specific way if scum together

ill admit that's def a like, guessing what he'd do thing though
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:57 pm

In post 3066, fireisredsir wrote: oh i guess part of it was i just really bought the reaction to the claim

it doesn't feel like he would choose to fake the reaction in that specific way if scum together

ill admit that's def a like, guessing what he'd do thing though
You mean like he wouldn't sow doubt on his partner's claim?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2630, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2628, ActionDan wrote: Are you serious right now
you're a rolestopped but you forgot you were gated until prompted? Bullllllllshit. Yes I am dead serious right now.
In post 2635, Thestatusquo wrote: I do not believe this for a second.
In post 2639, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2636, Firebringer wrote: I think im better at telling an actual claim from a fake claim than u Shea.
I dont care
it isn't the sowing doubt exactly, its the like immediate confidence that the role itself is fake when he knows that it isn't

that just seems somewhat unnatural of a position to take? maybe that's me projecting what i would do but i just can't really imagine deciding to go for that route

if it is fake he sold it well imo
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3056, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: And it's also like, who were the slots pushing Lycan and are any of them scum? It feels like an underdeveloped thought.
I townread said undeveloped thought
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3056, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 3030, Alisae wrote: I weirdly enough I don't think I have a problem with this? I think I can see a villager posting this.
This was about

I thought the reasoning seemed flimsy for a defense of a scummy slot. It was based on a bunch of assumptions that weren't true... one implication is that town should be reading her and Lycan exactly the same way, which just isn't true even if both were lowposting.

And it's also like, who were the slots pushing Lycan and are any of them scum? It feels like an underdeveloped thought.
Like if Misty was a wolf with Lycan I honestly just don't think that even happens which is why I want to say that it's a villager contribution
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 3062, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: He says Lycan/Alisae interaction seems fake, but if you look in his ISO, he never further develops this read nor does he seem particularly interested in pursuing this line of thought at all. This is in spite of the fact that Lycan wagon was a thing for most of the day.
He never really had a chance to I kind of :ghost: out of the day and Lycan didn't end up posting much either.
Anyway I like that post from VP because I felt literally the exact same way and I was apart of that interaction
Asri Teroka
Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:00 pm

Post by Asri Teroka »

This one is busier than usual and hasn't had time to study this day's archives in full. This one never liked SirCakez and stand by that.

Still, this one'll make this vote and talk about SirCakez when it so chooses, seeing as Klick still vastly feels better.

VOTE: furtiveglance
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:05 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 3037, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 2723, Gimli wrote:
I'm potentially town's only killing power and it's a shared thing. I can prove my ability to another player. but you have to let me live.

I'm sorry I'm a massive potato.
How would this prove your alignment?

For reference, this game had a T/S neighborhood share a vig (see Cakez's and Pooky's roles)
I can prove my ability directly to another player. they can do whatever they want with it, be it hardclaiming in the thread or not. I can only prove my alignment with a flip.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 3039, Alisae wrote:
In post 2409, Gimli wrote: I think your a great town player and can lead this to victoty by being a center of reference for other townies ig
oh btw this guy posted this drunk at first I like didn't think much of it
In post 2422, Alisae wrote:
In post 2409, Gimli wrote: I think your a great town player and can lead this to victoty by being a center of reference for other townies ig
Thinking about it a bit more I would like to understand how you got this impression!
Still want a response to this, something about the former post seems TMIsh for a player I've never played with before?
what TMI, that I said you were town?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”