Newbie 2111 - Know Your Skittles! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Black »

In post 614, Black wrote:
In post 612, usesPython wrote: Generating content from yourself and others, forming opinions, and then pushing those opinions until you've reached a conclusion, that's what d1 scumhunting is all about in my eyes. When I look at you throughout this game, I don't see that.
I'm curious, do you see this with the other players?
And as for the "confident vibes", that's the point. The vibes you give off in your first game of mafia are not going to be the same as the vibes in your 5th game and those aren't going to be the same as your 1000th game. The more you play the more experienced you become; the more experienced you are the more confident your unfiltered self will be and the more competent your unfiltered selfs slothunting will be. The more time you spend on drafting a post the more you can stray from this, but a contradiction in confidence and competence arising from that is an indicator that you're taking the time to do drafts instead of posting the first draft as soon as it's done. In my eyes, that's a scumtell
I don't spend any time drafting my posts? I write them and press submit. This scumtell is in your imagination
Also you never answered my question here. I would like to know your answer
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Black »

In post 624, usesPython wrote:
In post 623, Black wrote: And in Weuler's case I don't even need to vote to keep him as a scumread.
You're kidding right? You pretty much entirely moved on from Weuler after onto Elements in all the way up to when you needed to respond to Weuler pushing you in . That ain't keeping him as a scumread in my eyes
I don't care what it looks like to you. Weuler never left my scumreads after I told Human I would be down to vote for him. I don't have to be actively tunneling on a player to keep my eye on them
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:15 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 612, usesPython wrote: Generating content from yourself and others, forming opinions, and then pushing those opinions until you've reached a conclusion, that's what d1 scumhunting is all about in my eyes. When I look at you throughout this game, I don't see that.
Of the people playing:
Aureal yes
STD yes
Human no
Elements yes
Freedom still catching up
Arko in the process of being replaced
Weuler no
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Black »

Literally your entire case against me is I'm not playing mafia how you think I should be playing. You're even making stuff up in your head to convince yourself I'm scummy like I spend time perfecting my posts and I moved on to easier targets. You're tunneling and it is blinding you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by usesPython »

V/LA 24 hours
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by Black »

In post 627, usesPython wrote:
Of the people playing:
Aureal yes
STD yes
Human no
Elements yes
Freedom still catching up
Arko in the process of being replaced
Weuler no
Could you provide examples of what you consider good scumhunting from StD and Elements when you get back?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 628, Black wrote: Literally your entire case against me is I'm not playing mafia how you think I should be playing. You're even making stuff up in your head to convince yourself I'm scummy like I spend time perfecting my posts and I moved on to easier targets. You're tunneling and it is blinding you
I haven't read up yet but I feel like this is a good point.
TBH maybe it's just that I've seen TvT playstyle clashes happen a lot, but I'm never going to vote Black or python unless there's a hard guilty.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 631, Freedom wrote: I haven't read up yet but I feel like this is a good point.
TBH maybe it's just that I've seen TvT playstyle clashes happen a lot, but I'm never going to vote Black or python unless there's a hard guilty.
Never? That's a very extreme stance to take, particularly for someone who hasn't read the early game. Which you're taking a very long time to go about doing. Surely you can give us a few thoughts on what you've seen being posted? All you've really done is some light defense and remind people that you haven't read everything; do you not scumread anything?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by Weuler »

In post 631, Freedom wrote:
In post 628, Black wrote: Literally your entire case against me is I'm not playing mafia how you think I should be playing. You're even making stuff up in your head to convince yourself I'm scummy like I spend time perfecting my posts and I moved on to easier targets. You're tunneling and it is blinding you
What does a hard guilty look like? Someone admitting they're scum?
Modus ponens
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 633, Weuler wrote:
In post 631, Freedom wrote:
What does a hard guilty look like? Someone admitting they're scum?
I mean like if there's a Cop guilty or something.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 632, Aureal wrote:
In post 631, Freedom wrote: I haven't read up yet but I feel like this is a good point.
Never? That's a very extreme stance to take, particularly for someone who hasn't read the early game. Which you're taking a very long time to go about doing. Surely you can give us a few thoughts on what you've seen being posted? All you've really done is some light defense and remind people that you haven't read everything; do you not scumread anything?
I did have a light SR on Elements regarding their read on STD but tbh STD hasn't done much since.
When I said that I haven't read up, I wasn't talking about the whole game but rather I hadn't finished reading the past 2 pages at that time.
And I was exaggerating when I said never. It's just python and Black are my highest TRs so I'm against voting either today.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:18 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

egg
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:38 am

Post by Elements »

VOTE: freedom
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Elements »

Freedom sounds weak
All my completed games
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:35 am

Post by Human »

In post 573, Human wrote: Speaking of which UNVOTE: Arko
So why did I vote for Arko in the last vote count?
Never make a decision under pressure at 10pm
- Me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

python and black seem tvt atm
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:29 am

elements (including herself) has voted everyone but black
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Elements »

In post 641, Save The Dragons wrote: elements (including herself) has voted everyone but black
Do you think that is meaningful?
All my completed games
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Human »

To me you give off chaotic player vibes not wagoning scum vibes.
Never make a decision under pressure at 10pm
- Me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:44 am

In post 642, Elements wrote:
In post 641, Save The Dragons wrote: elements (including herself) has voted everyone but black
Do you think that is meaningful?
not sure. if you flip scum i want to make sure i make a note of this fact
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:45 am

Post by Elements »

What's stronger, your scumread on me or your townread of black?
All my completed games
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Black »

In post 635, Freedom wrote: It's just python and Black are my highest TRs so I'm against voting either today.
I also TR'd python early on for the most part. He did a couple things early that I didn't like that made him lose some town points in my eyes though such as wanting to talk about PRs so much. His tunneling this game suggests he's either an overzealous townie or an opportunistic wolf. I'm leaning toward the former but I noticed something from him when I was trying to gauge his alignment. He made a big post talking about how he plays as town versus wolf.
In post 472, usesPython wrote:As town adopting a no trust necessary, highly analytical position does a few things:
1. Lets me generate reads in such a way that I can quickly identify if new information should cause that read to change (e.g. 406)
2. Ensures that people understand the why of those reads if I die, so that if new information comes up that should change those reads I don't need to be alive to explain it
3. Allows me to avoid using my poor tone-reading skills and instead focus on what I'm good at
This is the first part where python talks about the benefits of his playstyle as a townie. What stands out to me here is #3. Python admits he has poor tone-reading skills, yet the majority of his case against me involves my "confident tone" and how it doesn't match my analysis. I feel like town!Python would understand this and not tunnel on me for something he could be wrong about
As scum it allows me to:
1. Push for miselims in such a way as to avoid being considered scummy (After all, if people agreed with my reasoning then shouldn't everyone on the wagon be considered scummy instead of just me? Or even everyone off the wagon for knowing that they'd flip town and not wanting to look scummy?)
2. Bog the game down in long fights that seem town on town in order to reduce the chances of my scum teammates saying something scummy
Here python talks about the benefits of his playstyle as a wolf. #2 is interesting because he has definitely succeeding in bogging the game down. He first tunneled on Aureal and now he's tunneling on me
There's a few things you can do if you suspect I'm scum:

2. Look for people I'm not reading even though I should be. As town!Python I only have a limited amount of time and energy to do in depth analysis, as scum!Python I will take advantage of this perception to hyperfocus on people I know are town in order to avoid having to give a read on my scum partner. Asking me about my read on a specific person means I need to give a response instead of conveniently ignoring them
Here python says he only has a limited amount of time and energy to do in-depth analysis when he's town. Uhh? He definitely had plenty of time and energy to go through my entire post history and cross-reference everything I've said with other posts. He also has been giving in-depth analysis way before the tunnel on me (see Aureal and Weuler). So python's own description of his town play doesn't match his actual play this game. Furthermore he goes on to say that as scum, he will
take advantage of this to hyperfocus on people he knows are town
. This is alarming for a couple reasons. One, he hyperfocused on Aureal and has since switched his read on her completely and now thinks she is town. Two, in python's progression against me he said
twice
that I'm not producing results, but how would python know this if he's not scum? I have expressed scumreads on Human, Elements, and Weuler, so how could town!python possibly know I'm wrong about these people? This combined with the two imaginary scumreads on me made me look at python's hyperfocus in a new light

Python explains that as scum he will do these things to take pressure off of his partner. I was trying to look at interactions and I found python defending Arko's slot:
In post 492, usesPython wrote:
In post 490, Weuler wrote: Arko: Aside from a few brief reads he hasn't really contributed at all. In 2108 a scum did something similar, promising reads "soon" every time they posted. I really don't like this.
I think he's a decent candidate for a day 2 policy elim if he keeps doing it and no one else outs themselves as scum (Scum sure as hell aren't gonna nightkill him, if he's scum for obvious reasons and if he's town then him being alive in ELO is a dream for them), for day 1 though I feel like a flip from an active poster will do more to generate reads that lead to effective elims later while also giving him the chance to either replace out or start actually participating
7. Arko - Day 2 policy elim is statistically better
Python seems pretty adamant on keeping pressure off of Arko. I agree with the stance that we should let Arko be replaced but I find it really odd that python went out of his way to respond to Weuler being suspicious of the inactivity. It almost reads like we should ignore Arko completely today and deal with him on D2. I'm still working to figure out if python just ratted on himself with this big post but if he does flip red, based on his own analysis of his wolf play, I think we should look at Arko/Meg as a possible teammate
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:48 am