Newbie 2113 - Shea it ain't So! | Game Over!

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

VoteCount 1.5

Dionysus [ 3 ]
Hadriaaan, Empathice, kawaiikame
patchwork [ 2 ]
BluebloodedToffee, dionysus

Not Voting [ 4 ]

Herta, Patchwork, skitter30, black

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline:(expired on 2023-02-28 21:26:00)

MS Tips and Tricks!There are tons of different games to play when you venture outside the newbie queue. Games are divided by size (micro, mini, large) and by theme (normal mafia or werewolf flavor with standardized roles or any theme and any mechanics of the mods choosing. My favorite kind of game is a mini theme.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 273, hadriaaan wrote: Hey sorry for the sparse posting on my end, work and show prep have slammed me the last day or two

Uggh I am struggling to form reads here tbh.

I don't like the patch wagon. They read super town to me (and my fave is Luxray btw)

Weird vibes about skitter was just that, weird vibes. I didn't say she was "scummy", because I didn't necessarily have scummy vibes. If I felt 'scum', not only would I have said that, I would have voted her.

Skitter on your readlist (if I'm reading it correctly), you're labelling a bunch of people as town and the rest as null. Any people other than Dio you think are/might be mafia?

tbh if it wasn't for their procedure I'd be more sus of Herta. They do seem to be reading, but their posts are fairly innocuous questions. Also I'm wondering the motivation behind just questioning 2 of patchwork's posts, both of which are quite far apart and quite a bit before herta posted. It almost reads like someone engaging with one person in particular to idk, set up an elimination, avoid needing to engage with lots of other people, idk. Quite possibly other motivations but I'm not sure what. @Herta could you explain your reading/thinking process behind this?

But then I feel bad about this because of the procedure. But then, even with that, the posts chosen read strange to me.
Fwiw wrt herta my last scumgame they were town and i spent most of the game tunneling them for similar reasons that are being cited in this game for finding them suspicious - in short i dont think it's scum indicative for them

Dio is the main person i'm scumreading rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
hadriaaan
hadriaaan
he/him
Townie
hadriaaan
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by hadriaaan »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Herta

Screw it. Herta even though you can't post that much, if you have time can you give quick reads? On people other than patch if possible. (but I do also understand if your procedure makes that impossible, I can wait)

I think I'm going to need to go through more carefully after rehearsal tonight. Particularly to have another look at Dio, and at Emphathise, because I'm unsure of my reads on them.

In response to skitter's post above: Okay I might have a quick look at their previous game(s) later tonight. Is anyone leaning scum for you other than Dio though?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

viewtopic.php?t=90137

This one, particularly. I'm going to have a hard time supporting a herta push rn

And like i said above, dio js my main sr
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

hadriaaan
hadriaaan
he/him
Townie
hadriaaan
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by hadriaaan »

Thanks for that. Like I said I'll have a proper look at that (and maybe some other games) tonight, but I will say that from a *very* brief glance at their iso, I don't immediately see those similarities
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:38 pm

Post by Dionysus »

In post 264, patchwork wrote:
In post 249, Dionysus wrote:Not at all! If you read my post in #196 you'll see I was already scumreading you. All you have done is be rude to people about their reads (whether tr or sr) and ask irrelevant questions about pronouns or favourite pokemon. Beyond that you have made no noticeable effort to actually hunt scum yourself and had to be pressed harder than you should have been to post a simple list of reads. The reads themselves are not very sensible, but that's not why I'm voting for you.
i don’t actually think i’ve been that rude, actually. maybe more agressive or passive-agressive, but never does it get rude. i think i call the reasons dumb or something but never am i actually throwing around insults, condemning people for reading certain people, etc. like at least when i say i dont like a read i will explain it.
for instance, your early townread on me was objectively REALLY DUMB. it felt like a stretch to me and then your later read about how i rejected it was also dumb, because both town and scum can do that!! like at least im gonna tell you why i think your read sucks, instead of your “putting herta at the top of your list was a choice” with a crap ton of negative tone.
so, no, i was not being rude, and someone could maybe explain it to me and i would accept that i was maybe being rude but like. blind assertions are stupid (like the one you just made about me being rude!). maybe i was being rude but. like. How.

and while i concede the pokemon thing is irrelevant, am i not allowed to be excited over seeign someone who knows the same content that i do?
like hadrian has red as their profile picture!! usually i get laughed at for liking “middle school things” but if i see someone who has the same interests as me i’m obviously gonna be excited. and what was the alternative? pm them? that would be weird because they’re literally someone off the internet, and i also can’t figure out how the pm system works anyways.
i only made two comments about pokemon anyways: one in my opening post, where i expressed excitement regarding their avatar, and another on like. page 5 or 4. dont remember. but it was about “ughh i would ask them what their favorite pokemon is but it would be fluffposting”. the thing i was trying to avoid was fluffposting lol.
and its kinda weird to pm someone you havent talked to before on a mafia website about the pokemon adventures manga, lol. way better to mention it once in a game and then hold respect for them

on the pronouns: dumb fucking take. maybe i’m being rude now but holy shit that is so dumb. pronouns are absolutely not irrelevant, like what?
~ four people in this game do not have their pronouns listed so i’m forced to use gender-neutral pronouns for them despite the fact that they might not prefer those pronouns?
without pronouns: would you rather me say “dionysus scumreads patchwork because patchwork wasn’t posting patchwork’s readlist and dionysus doesn’t like the way patchwork plays”. like that’s just lumpy, whereas i can just say “they don’t like the way i wasn’t writing readlists well enough and didn’t like how i played”. like the reason why pronouns exist are so you can talk about people without sounding like an idiot, and when it’s all just they/thems you can’t understand the sentence either.
and i’ve been pretty explicit about my pronouns so far this game, with the glaring aroace pride flag, the they/them under my username, and yet i’ve already gotten misgendered. like..... what?
i think it’s pretty damn important to at least talk about what your preferred pronouns are because not everyone in this game uses he/him pronouns and it’s a little annoying to have to refer to multiple people and then use multiple “they”s referring to different people each time, because then it gets annoying to differentiate and hard to read. it’s not killing me to not know what people’s pronouns are, of course. but like. it’s pretty important when this is a social deduction game when you have to talk about people and the actions of the people around you.

on readlist: as already said, i like to put thought into my readlists. i’m ngl, i don’t care if you vote me out, it just makes you guys look like clowns, but i’m here to learn and grow as a player. social deduction games like mafia (the game we’re playing right now) requires a lot of thought! your take on someone might be different than someone else’s take, and so it’s important to EXPLAIN WHY you think they’re aligned one way or another, so clash about your point can be way easier to discuss.
in the end, mafia is based on the decisions of an aligned town, and if you can’t have these wholehearted discussions with your time and effort put into them, you’re gonna lose.
so i can see how the push for a readlist can be viewed as scummy, yeah. but honestly, do i care? read it as scummy if you want, actually. but in my eyes, it is absolutely not. wanting to put more thought into a game is not inherently bad, and it does not make me scummy.
for instance, let’s talk about that one readlist of yours. all you did was highlight important points. where’s the explanation? do you state why you read certain players certain ways? no, you do not. that’s iioa, and it makes talking about reads really annoying.
it also allows for inconsistencies to go unchecked, btw! if a person doesnt state a reason in their initial readlist and then bullshits another reason later on, you can’t say “hey, your reasons are different now”, because there wasn’t a reason in the first place.
also, not gonna bother with the “you’re actively contributing” point. i literally am not, that’s 100% fair. i can’t really be that active and i’ll probably miss out on a lot of important things. also, might not be what you’re saying, but it kind of reads like an activity scumread. which i’ve seen a few times in this game already, but i’m not gonna jump to assumptions about what you’re saying, ‘cause then it gets messy.

anyways, sorry for the longpost. i’m personally garbage at reading long posts so i tried to break up each section with some line breaks and stuff for better accessibility.
In post 262, Dionysus wrote: Genuine question to patch: how can you argue you're too busy to contribute to the hunt more than you have from the top of the post count? It's not very credible.
i come on every once in a while and post
a lot
. if you look at my iso, it's just me making every post one or two sentences, responding to every quote in seperate posts, etc. also, never said i was too busy to scumhunt. just too busy to type out a proper analysis of every single player (and it's kind of pointless to do that anyways, since we're ten pages in anyways).like, if you haven't noticed, i have bursts of activity. i might make one or two posts sometimes but once i log on i can post a lot very fast before disappearing again. case in point: logged on this afternoon and posted like ten times in a row lol
I mean this post is huge and you have put more energy into telling me why you think you haven't been rude, defending asking about pokemon and why your reads are basic. This is a huge post of butthurt and zero scumhunting.

So I really don't buy your excuses. Maybe you are just a newb, but you clearly have plenty of time to post frequently and at length!
"Leave it to the god of wine to liven things up around here."
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:39 pm

Post by Dionysus »

In post 271, patchwork wrote: also just thought of this but like. dionysus whats going on with those reasons of yours
like what about me asking about people's pronouns is scummy? is mentioning pokemon twice scummy? is being rude scummy? if so, you can't just blindly assert that. you have to explain why it's inherently mafia-aligned and why i should be voted for it.
I never said either of these things were scummy. I said they are irrelevant.
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:00 pm

Post by Dionysus »

Kind of baffled at the patches townreads after that huge post which is more of the same. How can someone say they don't have the time/energy yet to put into posting reads or hunting for scum yet have the largest post count and also clearly have the time to make a huge post pushing back on this:
In post 249, Dionysus wrote: Not at all! If you read my post in #196 you'll see I was already scumreading you. All you have done is be rude to people about their reads (whether tr or sr) and ask irrelevant questions about pronouns or favourite pokemon. Beyond that you have made no noticeable effort to actually hunt scum yourself and had to be pressed harder than you should have been to post a simple list of reads. The reads themselves are not very sensible, but that's not why I'm voting for you.
If you're able to turn this into a >1000 word rebuke then you can focus that energy on scumhunting? Even if it isn't scummy, it is at best null?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:49 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I agree with Dion.

Town reads on Patch because 'long post' are bad.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:55 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 273, hadriaaan wrote: (and my fave is Luxray btw)
luxray isn't one of my favorites but i hold it very close to my heart because i fucking love its shiny + kalos pokemon, i started with xy
In post 282, Dionysus wrote: Kind of baffled at the patches townreads after that huge post which is more of the same. How can someone say they don't have the time/energy yet to put into posting reads or hunting for scum yet have the largest post count and also clearly have the time to make a huge post pushing back on this:
In post 249, Dionysus wrote: Not at all! If you read my post in #196 you'll see I was already scumreading you. All you have done is be rude to people about their reads (whether tr or sr) and ask irrelevant questions about pronouns or favourite pokemon. Beyond that you have made no noticeable effort to actually hunt scum yourself and had to be pressed harder than you should have been to post a simple list of reads. The reads themselves are not very sensible, but that's not why I'm voting for you.
If you're able to turn this into a >1000 word rebuke then you can focus that energy on scumhunting? Even if it isn't scummy, it is at best null?
i idn't even know it was 100+ words lol
i typed it up in ten minutes :skull:
and like jesus fuck none of that is "excuses" lol you are seriously reaching here
i never said i wouldn't scumhunt, so yknow maybe don't put words in my mouth
i was saying that i wanted to scumhunt in a fully-developed, well-thought-out process and it would take more time than it would to spam half-baked readlists
like bffr do u rlly think im lying about activity
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:56 am

Post by patchwork »

anyways i have a class soon so i wont see anything you guys say
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 am

Post by Black »

I think I agree with skitter. Patch seems to genuinely believe what he is saying. I'm not getting wolf vibes from him atm

I don't mind the pressure on herta from hadrian. I think skitter brings up a good point about him playing like this as town in another game but I haven't had the chance to read over that game to confirm if skitter is right. Either way we're not going to be able to get the best possible elimination D1 without the lurker slots contributing more
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Dionysus »

Agreed that we will be partially flying blind if we go ahead with a lim without getting more from the lurkslots, but that includes hadrian too. He needs to contribute more.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Black »

I wanted to check on our lurkers and it seems like we only have two: Herta and hadrian. I thought Empathice might have fit into this category but they have posted 10 times since replacing Simon on the 20th. Seems like decent activity to me

Herta has the procedure this week and hadrian provided a bit last night with the promise of more to come, so I feel good about where we are at with these two slots. The deadline is in 6 days so we don't
really
have to rush but we should definitely monitor these two
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 283, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: I agree with Dion.

It's not abt the quantity of the words, but the qualitu of them
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:00 am

Post by skitter30 »

My current is like dio + herta/hadrian
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:19 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 289, skitter30 wrote:

It's not abt the quantity of the words, but the qualitu of them
What exactly is quality about patch's posts?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

I liked getting their unfiltered thoughts, it felt v real and raw. The frustration seems townie to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:33 am

Post by patchwork »

is it just me or is dion tunneling
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:34 am

Post by patchwork »

lol they don't townread me because i wrote a long post, they townread me because i'm right
jokes aside no one says they townread me for writing a long post, where did that come from? you are right that quality > quantity tho
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:35 am

Post by patchwork »

also like . my pronouns are they/them pls lol i'm not even a guy
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:36 am

Post by patchwork »

like im a little flattered you think i come off as masculine but like Those Pronouns Dont Vibe With Me
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:37 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 281, Dionysus wrote:
In post 271, patchwork wrote: also just thought of this but like. dionysus whats going on with those reasons of yours
like what about me asking about people's pronouns is scummy? is mentioning pokemon twice scummy? is being rude scummy? if so, you can't just blindly assert that. you have to explain why it's inherently mafia-aligned and why i should be voted for it.
I never said either of these things were scummy. I said they are irrelevant.
they sounded quite like you were using them as a reason to scumread me
so what are your reasons then
"not posting a readlist"? like im gonna be honest you guys were mad at me for saying "readlist soon" and then you're pissed because i wanna put actual thought into this game? and then when i post a bad readlist it's apparently scummy because it took "pressure"? like no i could've just refrained from readlisting at all, none of yall were putting pressure on me at all
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:41 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 292, skitter30 wrote: I liked getting their unfiltered thoughts, it felt v real and raw. The frustration seems townie to me
also on this im always very raw with my thoughts regardless of alignment, as maf i tend to respond with frustration when scumread or voted and its usually very genuine because im just good at slipping into the townie role
(believe it or not) one game i won as scum because i kept forgetting i was mafia-aligned. and yeah that Happened! i was a non-meeting mafia tho
so you really can't townread me for that really, it's nai at most
though i guess you don't know my meta so can't really blame you for thinking that of me
Empathice
Empathice
Goon
Empathice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Empathice »

In post 290, skitter30 wrote: My current is like dio + herta/hadrian
Herta is absolutely never aligned with Dion. They would be more aware of their partner and their interactions with their partner. It could have been intentional distancing but I probably wouldn't buy into that even at f3 so good for them if it is.

Toffee, do you have any thoughts at all on my address to you in post #200? It was adressed to you for a reason.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”