Newbie 2111 - Know Your Skittles! (Game Over)

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1348, usesPython wrote:2. catboi is self-admittedly a really good scum player. Given that the vibe of the thread went from town patting themselves on the back going "gg we caught Weuler/Elements" to a wall warzone where suddenly Human/furtive and Human/Weuler are viable pairs it's twigging my scum radar. I think catboi is a good enough scum player that I'd rather trust the reads I developed before they replaced in instead of risking getting sheeped, at least until those reads are proven wrong
it's annoying to get this treatment but I suppose I brought it on myself by doing that

I've come around to it being probably weuler/human though but I don't regret forcing a little bit of interaction to produce more content
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1347, catboi wrote:
In post 937, Weuler wrote: I don't really like Human's panicking before the lim yesterday. They have been solidly sitting on my townlist for some time, but that might need to change. I made the mistake of strongly townreading scum in my last game
also I guess looking at this now it's very awkward - it's gesturing toward suspecting human rather than actually re-evaluating him or anything and like, shrug, I could see it as distancing
flashback to when I offered Human townpoints for hammering Weuler and he just acted confused
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1348, usesPython wrote: Right now my current solve is pretty much the same as before but with a minor difference because the original didn't really care much beyond Weuler/catboi and Human/furtive scumteams:

1) Flip Weuler
2ai) If Weuler flips scum, flip catboi
2aii) If catboi flips town, flip Human
2b) If Weuler flips town, flip a Human/furtive scumteam

Reason I'd rather not flip Human or furtive first is twofold:

1. Human/furtive is the only non-Weuler scumteam I have so testing that first is optimal
catboi is self-admittedly a really good scum player.
Given that the vibe of the thread went from town patting themselves on the back going "gg we caught Weuler/Elements" to a wall warzone where suddenly Human/furtive and Human/Weuler are viable pairs it's twigging my scum radar. I think catboi is a good enough scum player that I'd rather trust the reads I developed before they replaced in instead of risking getting sheeped, at least until those reads are proven wrong
Python, are you an alt? I don't recall catboi bragging about being good at scum this game.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Black »

I just want to say that if it is Human/Weuler then Aureal should get MVP
In post 1271, Black wrote:
In post 96, Aureal wrote: Okay, I've solved, it's Human and Weuler. GG all, especially Taly and Human Sequencer. :wink:
In post 97, Human wrote: I don't know what to say here
Like what if Aureal was just right here? Why did this solve leave Human speechless?

I have some time to go through the thread rn so I'm going to try to get a fresh perspective
In post 1277, Black wrote: Page 9 is just weird. Weuler omgus votes Aureal for "solving" him/Human and Human then votes for Weuler on page 10 saying "there isn't anyone more suspicious to me right now" even though he tr'd Weuler just a few pages before this?

It feels like I'm looking at these early interactions with the idea that Weuler/Human could definitely be wolves together and I'm not sure if that is making these things look scummy or if they just are
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by Human »

Conversation is active won’t hammer yet but
UNVOTE: Catboi
Never make a decision under pressure at 10pm
- Me
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1349, catboi wrote: Okay I'm done messing up the kitchen but I'll wait for people to check in and say if they're okay with moving the day forward
If I can trust people to vote correctly in ELO I'm ok with either a Human or Weuler elim today, given that the only scumteams I consider possible right now are Weuler/catboi, Human/furtive, Weuler/Human. Still need to check what town are likely to vote if we flip a town!Human today before I commit to a Human elim though
In post 1352, furtiveglance wrote: Python, are you an alt? I don't recall catboi bragging about being good at scum this game.
I was reading their past games, mostly taking it from their Mafia PT in Newbie 2104
Plural
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Black »

If Human flips town then it's probably just Weuler/Cat right? It would make sense for wolf!cat to try to distance here and make sure Human flips after Weuler

The Cat flipflop here is completely throwing me off. They had a whole towncase of Weuler and went through the game in-depth, now suddenly a couple of interactions with Human (some of which were already brought up earlier) is enough to turn it all around?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1356, Black wrote:The Cat flipflop here is completely throwing me off. They had a whole towncase of Weuler and went through the game in-depth, now suddenly a couple of interactions with Human (some of which were already brought up earlier) is enough to turn it all around?
It's not purely that. I would say in part it's prompted by two things:

1. Weuler's response to me coming in was underwhelming and gave me the vibe he might be buddying up to me

2. In the process of going onn on furtive and arguing with him I got the sense of
ah crap, maybe he really believes what he's saying
. This is very hard to explain and it's kind of different from the logic-based play I was leaning on earlier but it hails back to my origins, in live chat mafia. In that setting the game was very fast paced and based around live interactions. Sometimes I would go off on someone and in the process of arguing come to realize they were town. And that's kind of what happened here with regard to furtive's responses. It's possible I'm a sucker who backed down too easily but I got the feeling he was being genuine with what he said, if he fooled me on that good job I guess. But I didn't get the sense he was worried I was clawing away the game from him.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by catboi »

*going off EBWOP
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1357, catboi wrote: 2. In the process of going onn on furtive and arguing with him I got the sense of
ah crap, maybe he really believes what he's saying
. This is very hard to explain and it's kind of different from the logic-based play I was leaning on earlier but it hails back to my origins, in live chat mafia. In that setting the game was very fast paced and based around live interactions. Sometimes I would go off on someone and in the process of arguing come to realize they were town. And that's kind of what happened here with regard to furtive's responses. It's possible I'm a sucker who backed down too easily but I got the feeling he was being genuine with what he said, if he fooled me on that good job I guess. But I didn't get the sense he was worried I was clawing away the game from him.
This makes a lot of sense tbh. I can't be sure this actually went down in your brain or not but I do understand your perspective here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1312, catboi wrote: the immediate 180 from weuler makes me nervous although it can come from town, I get scared of playing into scum's hands when something like that happens. I probably took the wrong approach to Weuler on entry though, should have waited to directly interact before stating a read but can't really do a lot about that now
COVID induced nap brain says this is performative hand wringing about Weuler doing what you want.

Hi there's other posts

Maybe I can read

Zzzz
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1355, usesPython wrote:
In post 1349, catboi wrote: Okay I'm done messing up the kitchen but I'll wait for people to check in and say if they're okay with moving the day forward
If I can trust people to vote correctly in ELO I'm ok with either a Human or Weuler elim today, given that the only scumteams I consider possible right now are Weuler/catboi, Human/furtive, Weuler/Human. Still need to check what town are likely to vote if we flip a town!Human today before I commit to a Human elim though
In post 1352, furtiveglance wrote: Python, are you an alt? I don't recall catboi bragging about being good at scum this game.
I was reading their past games, mostly taking it from their Mafia PT in Newbie 2104
I'm relatively okay with voting Weuler now. I don't think it'd be good for me to stand in the way of town consensus there especially given I now think it's possible he flips scum.

And I'm flattered you looked into my past games~

You might want to check some of the newbie games I replaced in for a better reference for my play here though, I've replaced into my fair share of newbies
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:07 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1360, Aureal wrote:
In post 1312, catboi wrote: the immediate 180 from weuler makes me nervous although it can come from town, I get scared of playing into scum's hands when something like that happens. I probably took the wrong approach to Weuler on entry though, should have waited to directly interact before stating a read but can't really do a lot about that now
COVID induced nap brain says this is performative hand wringing about Weuler doing what you want.

Hi there's other posts

Maybe I can read

Zzzz
Feel free to think that, I guess?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1360, Aureal wrote: COVID induced nap brain says this is performative hand wringing about Weuler doing what you want.

Hi there's other posts

Maybe I can read

Zzzz
Do you need more time to read and catch up or are you ok with the day ending here with a Weuler elim?
Plural
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I, Aureal, would love the day to end ASAP with a Weuler elimination.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Aureal »

O no I turned into someone else again how does this keep happening

VOTE: Weuler
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1365, Aureal wrote: VOTE: Weuler
Alright then

VOTE: Weuler
Plural
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by catboi »

fingers crossed, if he's scum sorry for being a nuisance but I have a tendency to play contrarian
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Yeah you'll be sorry!