Mini Theme 2290: Open ChatGPT - Game Over

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

narrow parking
has been
Eliminated
day 1

Spoiler: Flip
Vanilla Townie

You have
(expired on 2023-02-24 08:00:00)
to submit any actions
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

furtiveglance
replaces
Defective Agency
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Morning Tweet
has been
killed
night 1

Mafia Multitasking Rolecop

Bloodb0t
has been
killed
night 1

Vanilla Townie
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:09 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VC 2.00
Grandpa Mo (0)-

KittyTacky (0)-

Dei Ex Machina (0)-

furtiveglance (0)-

Doctor Drew (0)-

Titus (0)-

Porkens (0)-

Menalque (0)-

imaginalty (0)-

biancospino (0)-

Not Voting (10)-
GrandpaMo, KittyTacky, Dei Ex Machina, furtiveglance, Doctor Drew, Titus, Porkens, Menalque, imaginality, biancospino

With
alive, it takes
to instantly eliminate.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2023-03-10 11:00:00)
- Mar 10th 11:00 GMT
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:13 pm

Post by Menalque »

VOTE: grandapa mo
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:14 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Grandpa Mo
has requested replacement

Note: This replacement was requested before day start, I am just late in posting it
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by Menalque »

@dei, I know I'm very late with this, but let me run through what I liked about Nyx's early game
In post 72, Dei Ex Machina wrote:
In post 59, Dei Ex Machina wrote: I scumread Nyx.
-Morta
I townread her. Now, please accept this OMGUS vote as a token of my heartfelt appreciation.

VOTE: Dei Ex Machina

- Nyx
this tone is v lighthearted and I generally like that unless it's from someone who I think has 0 issues replicating tone as scum --this is partly why I asked if anyone knew if her scumgame was stronk
In post 88, Dei Ex Machina wrote:
In post 86, Doctor Drew wrote:I do think they are just having fun, but
the tide is turning a bit more serious as we speak

And them asking for Mr Glance to explain their read on Imaginalty pinged me for some reason.
That's the direction I was trying to shift things in with those last couple of posts.

Nothing sticks out to me as AI in imaginality's 3 posts, so I'm confused as to why Mr. Glance thinks they're scummy and especially why he's confident in it. I'd still like to see a response to .

- Nyx
In post 95, Dei Ex Machina wrote:
In post 89, Defective Agency wrote:
In post 80, Dei Ex Machina wrote: What's the reasoning for that?

- Nyx
Too serious too early on
, and
copying Porkens' gimmick
(as have other users tbf but I townread bianco and BloodBot was fairly readable last game with them)

Mr. Glance
I don't find early-game seriousness or silliness to be AI. It has more to do with playstyle in my experience. I suppose it's fair enough if you do though.
Even then, I don't think you can apply that to imaginality's posting. Their only serious comment so far has been the one about putting hydras under pressure.

You may have a point here.

- Nyx
In post 98, Dei Ex Machina wrote: Is imaginality aware of that joke?

- Nyx
I liked these posts for trying to push the game forward and encourage an environment in which it was easier to solve the game without trying to dominate in a certain direction. I liked the follow up on imaginality because wanting to know if imaginality actually knew about the joke is something I think flows quite naturally from someone uninformed and trying to make sense of things. Not saying it's unfakeable as scum, but I think it's a good town indicator

This also all reminded me of her approach in the last game I played with her where I thought that her entrance was very solve-y when she repped in and it's just similar vibes here
In post 113, Dei Ex Machina wrote: I like bianco’s recent posting, in the town bin she goes!

@Doctor Drew - bianco already pointed out where I explicitly said who I was talking about, but is there anything else you want me to clarify?

- Nyx
In post 172, Dei Ex Machina wrote: I'm happy to lock biancospino in as town for now. The difference from Micro 1068 is night and day. Also:
In post 118, biancospino wrote:
In post 96, Porkens wrote: Porkens is a dedicated method player in mafia games and will not abandon his persona under any circumstances. Those who target him for using chatgpt are disregarding a valid play style and strategy. Porkens is developing keen insights and will remain an effective and substantial participant in the game.
I'd guess it isn't truly neutral, no. By the way, I'm also unconvinced that chatgpt would be naturally as forceful as in in advocating for the usefulness of its own use, but the fact is that one can easily get it to espouse pretty much any position by tinkering with the prompt. That is fine; Porkens announced that they meant to use this gimmick already while the game was in the queue, so clearly it's not AI that they are doing this. I am a little nervous that, if they're scum, this may give them somewhat of a weird advantage in that, if they post something wolfy, they may just rebut that it's the AI's doing, so I would kindly request that they also provide us the prompts they use if they wish to keep the gimmick
*chef's kiss*

- Nyx
this was less important as I think trajectories are quite easy to fake as scum, but insofar as they are valid this seemed reasonable as a progression on biancospino
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:31 pm

Post by Menalque »

I'm about to go away for the weekend and Monday/tuesday are pretty packed days once I'm back, so don't expect anything meaningful from me until Wednesday at the earliest

sorry about the general inactivity, there's a variety of RL things that have needed to take precedence but while I'm never gonna be my old self re:activity I should be able to actually, y'know, be here and play from mid-next week onwards

if there's anything else I missed in my skim catch up that was for me someone ping me in the following page or two and I'll check when I can

ciao!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:48 pm

Post by biancospino »

VOTE: GrandpaMo

Ok, Porkens & DEM, you seem to have understood what was Grandpa on about. So what was it? I did not grasp that at all
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:23 am

Post by imaginality »

Grandpa Mo's "lim me tomorrow if I'm wrong about narrow parking" seems quite bold for scum? And considering the whole "I have info, oh no I don't" thing also had potential to blow up in his face I'm leaning town on Mo.

I suspect more scum off that wagon rather than on it. The "let's just get things happening" sort of feel to it felt broadly townish in motivation so would have been easy for scum to sit back and let it happen (especially when narrow parking self voted). And we know for sure of one scum who was off-wagon (Morning Tweet).

I'm still happy townbinning Menalque and Dei Ex Machina.

furtive[Defective Agency] is my on-wagon guess.
If there's a second scum on wagon I think it's among biancospino or Doctor Drew rather than Porkens or Grandpa Mo.

Titus and Kitty (in that order) are my off-wagon guesses.

VOTE: Titus

@mod
You still have narrow parking among the list of players not voting.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:25 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 683, biancospino wrote: VOTE: GrandpaMo

Ok, Porkens & DEM, you seem to have understood what was Grandpa on about. So what was it? I did not grasp that at all
Oh yeah, I also want to know this.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:47 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

redFF
replaces
Grandpa Mo
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Hey guys. Many thanks to the Serial Killer.

VOTE: Titus
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:13 am

Post by redFF »

yo
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 am

Post by redFF »

someone fill me in
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:14 am

Post by furtiveglance »

redFF, anything in your role explain GrandpaMo's strange behaviour at EOD yesterday?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 689, redFF wrote: someone fill me in
The setup is 9/3/1. We voted out a lurker VT yesterday, and last night a Mafia and a VT died. So we're now at 7/2/1.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:16 am

Post by redFF »

there's an sk? we know that how?
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:16 am

Post by redFF »

oh it says in the OP
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

It could be a Vigilante and the 3p is some other role. But SK seems likely
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:18 am

Post by redFF »

In post 690, furtiveglance wrote: redFF, anything in your role explain GrandpaMo's strange behaviour at EOD yesterday?
i will not be commenting on any statements made by my slot. i am not them so i don't see what i can explain.
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 683, biancospino wrote: VOTE: GrandpaMo

led us to fiddle with ChatGPT a bit and we discovered that it can generate daycops. Its response is slightly different every time, but here's a couple of examples:
Spoiler: ChatGPT

Prompt: What is a role for the game of mafia that satisfies these conditions:
- Can be included by ChatGPT when asked to generate a game
- Can receive alignment information during the day (not night)
ChatGPT wrote:One possible role for the game of mafia that satisfies these conditions is the "Investigator" role.

In this role, the player is a town-aligned investigator who can use their investigative ability during the day to receive information about the alignment of another player. This ability can only be used once per day, and the information received is not guaranteed to be accurate.

During the night, the Mafia team will have the opportunity to kill players, while the Investigator will not have any night actions.

Including an Investigator role in a game of mafia can add an extra layer of strategy and deduction for both the town and Mafia teams. Additionally, since the Investigator receives alignment information during the day rather than at night, it does not violate the condition of the question.
ChatGPT wrote:A role that satisfies these conditions for the game of mafia is the "Seer" role.

In the game of mafia, the Seer is a player who has the ability to learn the alignment of one other player each day. This role is typically associated with the "town" faction, meaning that their goal is to eliminate all members of the "mafia" faction from the game.

During the day, the Seer can publicly announce that they want to use their ability to investigate another player's alignment. The moderator (or ChatGPT in this case) will then privately inform the Seer of the investigated player's alignment. The Seer can use this information to help guide town discussions and strategy.

Including the Seer role in a game of mafia adds an extra layer of complexity and strategy, as the Seer can provide valuable information to the town during the day phase. Additionally, the Seer must use their ability wisely and avoid suspicion from the mafia, who may try to eliminate them in order to prevent the town from gaining valuable information.

Obviously, Grandpa was either unreliable or royally screwed up a gambit, but I thought they were implying they were a daycop.

- Nyx
Hydra of Morta (Aisa), Nyx (Alianna), and Janus (RH9).
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 695, redFF wrote:
In post 690, furtiveglance wrote: redFF, anything in your role explain GrandpaMo's strange behaviour at EOD yesterday?
i will not be commenting on any statements made by my slot. i am not them so i don't see what i can explain.
Your slot softed a guilty on a town member, I think that warrants some explaining.

- Nyx
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

The way I read it was just that GrandpaMo was a confident town. I myself was pretty sure NP would flip red
Dei Ex Machina
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Dei Ex Machina
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:21 am

Post by Dei Ex Machina »

In post 681, Menalque wrote: @dei, I know I'm very late with this, but let me run through what I liked about Nyx's early game
In post 72, Dei Ex Machina wrote:
In post 59, Dei Ex Machina wrote: I scumread Nyx.
-Morta
I townread her. Now, please accept this OMGUS vote as a token of my heartfelt appreciation.

VOTE: Dei Ex Machina

- Nyx
this tone is v lighthearted and I generally like that unless it's from someone who I think has 0 issues replicating tone as scum --this is partly why I asked if anyone knew if her scumgame was stronk
I've never been scum, so that's why nobody answered.

- Nyx

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”