Mini Normal 2291: Greentexts | Mafia Wins!

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:07 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Will get around to this as soon as I possibly can.

For now though

VOTE: Cephrir
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:14 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

I will read and catch up in about 3-ish hours when work slows down for me.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 375, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: Will get around to this as soon as I possibly can.

For now though

VOTE: Cephrir
You were pretty focused on Clone earlier. What changed?
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Marashu »

All the naked votes this game are making me feel overdressed.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 332, Doctor Drew wrote: First order of major business, we are eliminating between Kowhabunga (sp?) And Crescent toDay right?
I'm excited to see why!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I could go for Clone.

Ceph makes me feel itchy though.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

Drew why do you think I was town leader or trying to be? I don't really find it in my nature to be a leader and don't think I posted with that kind of intent either. I mean, I hammered Geraint. That's not exactly leading?

Your entry to the game seems very "I'm here to lead" so are you scum reading yourself for that?

No one else wants to bring it up but Herta is still alive. Not suggesting they might not be town or anything. But seems like a decent conversation to have with everyone today. Why didn't scum NK the confirmed townie?

Not voting (4): nepenthe, JacksonVirgo, Herta, Crescent

What if Herta wasn't NK because all the scum somehow weren't on the wagon and they didn't want to bring attention to it? Even though Herta is obviously town, maybe they just felt like it would be too noticeable. Instead the killed someone on the middle of the wagon for another town player. So if scum were on the geraint wagon, I don't feel like they would want town flips from the wagon. Let's make this the conversation now. I want everyone's opinion.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 380, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: I could go for Clone.

Ceph makes me feel itchy though.
I didn't know the mafia were in the poison ivy business
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 381, Kowahbunga wrote: Drew why do you think I was town leader or trying to be? I don't really find it in my nature to be a leader and don't think I posted with that kind of intent either. I mean, I hammered Geraint. That's not exactly leading?

Your entry to the game seems very "I'm here to lead" so are you scum reading yourself for that?

No one else wants to bring it up but Herta is still alive. Not suggesting they might not be town or anything. But seems like a decent conversation to have with everyone today. Why didn't scum NK the confirmed townie?

Not voting (4): nepenthe, JacksonVirgo, Herta, Crescent

What if Herta wasn't NK because all the scum somehow weren't on the wagon and they didn't want to bring attention to it? Even though Herta is obviously town, maybe they just felt like it would be too noticeable. Instead the killed someone on the middle of the wagon for another town player. So if scum were on the geraint wagon, I don't feel like they would want town flips from the wagon. Let's make this the conversation now. I want everyone's opinion.
I can think of a few reasons:
-scum were afraid of a doctor
-hunting a scarier power role
-scum were more worried about bianco catching them for some reason; plausible since Herta is like fully afk
Bartleby the Scrivener
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 129, biancospino wrote: Alright, I will need to look at this quotewall. Stuff in blue is my commentary.
In post 124, Clone wrote: Alright, currently reading through the thread. ill write up my responses to the stuff targeted at me. I'll also try to give an analysis on a few things. I won't spend too long discussing stuff that has phased out
Frog & BBT wrote: It would help me a bit to see a response to Clone from BBT.

"no no no no, its one of my many clones that could be scum you are looking for. Mr 23563"
Nah, I think it's this one.
The Mr 23563 was a dig at how many posts he has as (conspiracy) veteran players always get power roles, often evil.

I feel like BBT was trying to act normal and was making a very natural vote against me. Clearly, it was because of my "I just came to say, hello" post. And yes that was my reply to BBT. Dismissive yes, because I felt like his vote didnt have any value to it, so didn't warrant a valid response.

and I'd like to hear how you differentiated BBT from trying to look normal from being so.

Crescent wrote:
#30 Clone's first posts feel worse. First one feels a little unnatural, but the second one gives me some ping. It's a dismissive, useless post 7 minutes after he gets voted. I feel like that post only exists because someone voted him, and he felt he had to respond with something, but had nothing of substance to respond with.

#76This feels very fake. The entire argument is "posting a deflecting joke immediately after being voted for, then peacing out of the game for a long time, is scum AI. I wish to see more posts from him." This is pretty cut and dry.

You seem to be going out of your way to drastically conflate what I'm actually saying with all this nonsense talk about "layers". It feels like a very hard deflection relative to a minimal amount of pressure being put on him.
You're right I had nothing to respond with as it was the first page and there was nothing of value to respond to. I also took his vote as a natural way of getting the game started and didn't think much of it. Accusing someone of being scum at the start of the game for saying "hello" is a shit-take on things.
this is... excessive concern for a D1 vote frankly. I don't think one such vote should be conflated with a sr. It's true that BBT stated they do sr clone, but much later. As we're here, @BBT, was you already sring clone when you first voted him?

7 minutes, don't really see how that's relevant? This game has no external notifications, so I was obviously online at the time. As if I'm gonna be lurking around here for hours on end. At the time of your post that accuses me of peacing out for a long time. A long time was 12 hours at the time of your post. 8 hours sleep, 2 hours of relaxation and another 2 hours at-least to do things during the day, which is a Saturday for me. My post that was 7 minutes after getting voted was around 11pm on a quiet, rainy Friday night, hence why I was more likely to be online. If your post was made right now, it would be more relevant.
well that's false, the site has external notifications with mails. But frankly they work for someone but don't work for me looking at the Bug thread, so I'll let this slide. The timing otherwise makes sense

Crescent seems like scum that is trying to take advantage of a vote that had a shitty scum-like post to it, as they don't believe i'll have anything valid to say.

I believe Crescent should have voted me by now, the excessive analyzation and a delay to vote comes off as Mafia. Their posts tend to indicate that they know I'm not actually Mafia (as they are Mafia)
In post 36, Crescent wrote: Clone's two posts give vibes like he's trying too hard, by forcing himself to post when he feels he has to post *something*, because he doesn't know what to say.

Scum often find it hard to transition into a game, and I find early game awkwardness to have a fair amount of scum AI. (I'm interested to see what Ceph and especially Gera's second posts look like, for example).
Yip, did not know what to say lol. But I'm not gonna say nothing when I've been voted.
yeah, this doesn't really stand. Again, it's displaying excessive concern with that one vote, which shouldn]'t really force to do anything.
]

People seem like they act the same way on day 1 whether or not they are scum. Vanilla roles and inexperience players have just as much early game awkwardness
no. D1 lims are not random, and suggesting this is +scum

Anyway, a few shit-takes.

I believe redFF is most likely town. He's staying down-low but tends to be actively curious and is asking

BlueBloodedToffee - "Don't particularly like Ceph's defence of Clone." only relevant thing that he has said, since his vote on me. I believe the vote was just a natural vote to get things rolling. What I don't like is him going silence while a discussion about me being scum was in progress and only made 1 shit-take post whilst that was going on. I don't believe BBT has any coordination with anyone, but wouldn't be surprised if Crescent was making the push because of how his team mate voted.

Crescent I would bet on being team mates with BBT. I'd like to him to give his analyze on him as they are one of the few that has been skipped by Crescent.

Cephiri we are team mates, jks. Idk if he is Ma...town than we are team mates.

biancospino, making consistent replies and asking valid questions. Doesn't particular seem like hes siding with anyone. I'd tend to believe that he is a villager. Their questions seem that they are actually trying to get information out of people and aren't just asking them to push.

yeah, suggesting that Crescent is on clone because she felt the need to keep pushing where her partner first voted on page1 is frankly absurd. Again, this give that vote excessive value.
Better content later, now I'm on a bus
VOTE: Susan, too much blue text.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

[trauma response]
Bartleby the Scrivener
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 332, Doctor Drew wrote: First order of major business, we are eliminating between Kowhabunga (sp?) And Crescent toDay right?
These are both terrible options
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Klick »

I think bianco is a really strange kill and there were several more sensible options
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 357, redFF wrote: Kow is easy ml bait. Comfortable with my vote
This is the correct take on Kow
I think Frogster was pretty towny as well though
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Klick »

Alright I'm all caught up

I strongly suspect at least 2/3 scum are in the really low content slots. Of the more active posters the only player who I'm not feeling rather towny about is Clone.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Marashu
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Is Bianco Susan?

Why terrible? Bianco's post you quoted reminded how bad Clone looks as well(not to mention their vote on Crescent conveniently after I mentioned that they should tossed out of here). I would add Clone to my elim pool at least.

And Kow, being a town leader isn't scummy. But you seemed to really want to take charge and lead the battle, even right off the bat giving Red shit for what seemed like an obvious RVS vote, just didn't seem genuine. You say you weren't trying to be, but that was one of my first reads when catching up.

Also, if you were faking it you did lead town, to failure. That is the point of scum trying to act as town leader.

Pre Edit: Mis-elim bait doesn't matter to alignment, that is terrible reasoning...to borrow your word Klick.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Klick »

The Susan thing is a joke from a game ten years ago that only Ceph will understand

What gave you the impression that my reasoning for townreading Kowah was because he's mislim bait?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 392, Klick wrote: The Susan thing is a joke from a game ten years ago that only Ceph will understand

What gave you the impression that my reasoning for townreading Kowah was because he's mislim bait?
In post 388, Klick wrote:
In post 357, redFF wrote: Kow is easy ml bait. Comfortable with my vote
This is the correct take on Kow
I think Frogster was pretty towny as well though
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by Klick »

"Kow is mislim bait" /=/ "Kow is town because he's mislim bait"
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Why are you town reading them then?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by Klick »

He's basically playing exactly how he played in our last game. He is actively solving and seems genuinely interested in it. I think he believes what he argues and I don't think his intent in what he says is to persuade people into townreading him. Kowah is my strongest townread
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 396, Klick wrote: He's basically playing exactly how he played in our last game. He is actively solving and seems genuinely interested in it. I think he believes what he argues and I don't think his intent in what he says is to persuade people into townreading him. Kowah is my strongest townread
Ok fair enough, have you played in a scum game with him?

Kow, have you been scum here in a game?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 397, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 396, Klick wrote: He's basically playing exactly how he played in our last game. He is actively solving and seems genuinely interested in it. I think he believes what he argues and I don't think his intent in what he says is to persuade people into townreading him. Kowah is my strongest townread

I have not had a scum game on here yet.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:11 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 397, Doctor Drew wrote:

No
That doesn't discredit my read as much as you want it to though

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”