Newbie 2111 - Know Your Skittles! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm going to reread Black tomorrow to make a final judgment call on her alignment but I think doing so while I'm agitated is a bad idea. Give me time until then, please and thank you.
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Human »

I'd like to hear Aureal's thoughts on this
Never make a decision under pressure at 10pm
- Me
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:10 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1451, Human wrote: I'd like to hear Aureal's thoughts on this
or on anything :sweat_smile:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1449, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1447, catboi wrote:
In post 1445, Human wrote:Confused confusing confusion
I'm not responding rationally because I'm playing frustrated, because furtive if town is frankly a disgusting player. I think he's intentionally trying to provoke me as a tactic.
You called me a jackass and an obnoxious player after I spent time carefully unpacking your waffle. So yeah, you're a clown for that, regardless of your alignment.

But sure, I'm a disgusting player. :thumbsup:
Yeah, because you're playing like a complete jerk in a newbie game and like, what's the point? It's really gross. I've called you names but only because you have been
consistently, persistently
rude in every response you have given to me and it's really grating! I probably shouldn't be calling you names in response and I've taken the time to edit those out but I stand by the point that the way you've been treating me is absolutely horrid.

Even if you think I'm scum you could attempt to meaningfully engage with me and try to solve me and at least consider my perspective, because I am town and if you want to be an actual good example you should be trying to figure the game out, rather than just bury me.

again, if you're scum good job because your entire job is to get me killed and if you can tilt me in the process and make people less inclined to listen to me, good job.

if you're town,
what on earth is wrong with you
? even if you suspect me, that is fine but but this stuff where you treat me like I'm not worth speaking to, ridicule me, it's a really terrible way to treat someone just because you suspect them. You're not always going to be right in mafia games, in fact you will be wrong most of the time (this is true for literally everyone, I am not putting you down), so treating someone you suspect to be scum like, well,
scum
is going to make the game worse for people but also make the game harder and make you generally unpleasant to play with.

So, seriously, knock it the hell off, dude.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm logging off because I'm too heated for this tonight.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1404, catboi wrote:
In post 1402, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1401, catboi wrote: And the vote on Day 1 is a lot more significant than Day 2 - keep in mind scum knew D2 the only remaining PR was a FN and thus it was completely safe to bus
Is it completely cynical of me to sense an agenda here? I don't think so...
My agenda is catching scum, sir. If you are town I will try to figure that out but making snide remarks at me isn't going to help anyone scumhunt.
Sorry, but this does seem like an over-reaction to a pretty blase comment. It's actually a fair thing to point out- I never considered how 'safe' it was to bus on D2 with the knowledge that there was just a FN left lurking around, because I'm not scum. I had to sit here and think about that a moment to figure out why you say it's safe. Citing that way of thinking shows that you're thinking deeply about scum strategy- which could well be because it's your strategy.

I don't think it's furtive here. He doesn't really need to dig in on catboi if he's scum. We're already set up with catboi and Human as the most likely Weuler partners. Python made us this nice set of directions, and nobody seemed too inclined to argue with it.

Personally I've still kind of been thinking it's Human and maybe that's part of why I was quieter D2. I felt like my reads sucked at the end of D1, then I got told Python was town so between all that and getting sick I just went into 'shut up and let Python lead' mode while trying to not be too obvious that I'd suddenly found out their alignment. Python's original solve didn't account for the possibility of Human/Weuler though, and I feel better keeping it as a possibility.

Nobody commented much on my earlier question, so I'm going to assume that nobody saw any particular reason that Meg would've been guessed to be a PR. I don't see anything there that tips me off, not that I'm the greatest at figuring out that sort of thing, so I'm going with the idea that they just got lucky rather than intentionally went for a perceived PR. Which makes me wonder what the rationale was. If they were trying to take out the most town-perceived players it's possible but seems less likely than coming after me or Python or Black. So I'm thinking it was Meg's reads that tipped it against her- she wanted to flip Human, Freedom, and Weuler. Many of us were suspicious of Weuler but Human was getting a pass from most everyone, so taking her out before she got much chance to start pushing in earnest against Human would be a sound decision.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:40 pm

Post by Black »

The logic about Meg's reads makes sense to me and I had kinda forgotten about it. I can see an angle where newscum Human and newscum Weuler felt threatened by the accuracy of the reads and wanted to get rid of the threat. But then why would Human and Weuler keep you alive Aureal? That part doesn't really add up to me the more I think about it. If Human is a wolf then you solved them before Meg. I guess you had backed off a little? Or it could have just been the PR guess like you said...I don't really know

Human saying that Meg was the target because she was a replacement seems like a weird conclusion to reach. Almost like he was trying to think of a reason that wasn't "she wants to flip us"

I have a hard time reading furtive v Cat because of the emotion involved. Idk why but my gut wants to read the frustration and anger as town even though it's probably NAI
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1348, usesPython wrote: 1) Flip Weuler
2ai) If Weuler flips scum, flip catboi
2aii) If catboi flips town, flip Human
2b) If Weuler flips town, flip a Human/furtive scumteam
I feel like this is even more possible evidence of Human getting rid of a threat if he is a wolf. If we stick with this plan then there's no way for Weuler/Human to win unless I'm missing something. I guess catboi/Weuler don't win in python's plan either though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:53 pm

Post by Black »

It just has to be Human or Cat here in my eyes. My gut has been telling me Human

VOTE: Human
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Human being scum is possible, but less likely for me.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 1459, furtiveglance wrote: Human being scum is possible, but less likely for me.
This is how I feel about Cat :igmeou:

Human thinks it might be Cat, but Cat thinks Human is probably town. If Cat is wolf here then doesn't it make sense for him to push Human? Like why would he back off and start to tr him? Or are we getting into WIFOM territory assuming scum will make the optimal play?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:24 am

Post by furtiveglance »

The last Mafia needs 2 miseliminations, not just one. The easiest way to do that is to be townread yourself, and towning other players can sometimes make that happen.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:45 am

Post by Black »

Ok but if Cat is wolf then he's going to have to reverse his stance on Human eventually or he loses. Unless he thinks he can get one of me/you/Aureal limmed instead
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:48 am

Post by Black »

Well after a quick skim of cat's recent posts ig he is leaving the door open to flipflop on Human if he has to
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Exactly
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:43 am

Post by Human »

Thing is I TR everyone else if I were scum I would have to convince you all I’m town despite there being basically no other suspects as I said furtive/weuler doesn’t make much sense considering the slots aggression towards weuler
- Me
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:03 am

Post by Black »

In post 1465, Human wrote: Thing is I TR everyone else if I were scum I would have to convince you all I’m town despite there being basically no other suspects as I said furtive/weuler doesn’t make much sense considering the slots aggression towards weuler
You TR catboi?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:14 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1466, Black wrote:
In post 1465, Human wrote: Thing is I TR everyone else if I were scum I would have to convince you all I’m town despite there being basically no other suspects as I said furtive/weuler doesn’t make much sense considering the slots aggression towards weuler
You TR catboi?
I think Human means everyone else, not catboi
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's just catboi here.

Aureal, are you willing to vote catboi today?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Black »

He said if he were scum he would have to convince us he's town despite there being no other suspects. I think he means he TRs cat which would be a weird development after you just said cat did the same thing for town points
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:05 am

Post by Human »

No after cat was eliminated
- Me
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Black »

In post 1470, Human wrote: No after cat was eliminated
Ohh ok, I understand
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1456, Black wrote: The logic about Meg's reads makes sense to me and I had kinda forgotten about it. I can see an angle where newscum Human and newscum Weuler felt threatened by the accuracy of the reads and wanted to get rid of the threat. But then why would Human and Weuler keep you alive Aureal? That part doesn't really add up to me the more I think about it. If Human is a wolf then you solved them before Meg. I guess you had backed off a little? Or it could have just been the PR guess like you said...I don't really know
Yeah, I had called them out as a team but I wasn't pushing it very hard. I spent most of D1 ineffectively vanity wagoning, first on Human even as Weuler got wagoned, then sparring with Python. Meg was definitely more assertive.
Human saying that Meg was the target because she was a replacement seems like a weird conclusion to reach. Almost like he was trying to think of a reason that wasn't "she wants to flip us"
Yeah, that was my reaction too. He's saying a lot of stuff and I just don't know where so much of it even comes from.
I have a hard time reading furtive v Cat because of the emotion involved. Idk why but my gut wants to read the frustration and anger as town even though it's probably NAI
I'm not a fan of appeals to emotion, and I'm not really sure where this one came from.
In post 1468, furtiveglance wrote: Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's just catboi here.

Aureal, are you willing to vote catboi today?
Probably, yeah. Either him or Human. Just trying to consider how the next day will go if we get it wrong.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:04 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1472, Aureal wrote: Probably, yeah. Either him or Human. Just trying to consider how the next day will go if we get it wrong.
Do you think it's catboi or Human?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Aureal »

You mean do I have a stronger read on one? Not really, I keep reading and going back and forth on which would be more likely. Nor have I completely ruled out you or Black, those just seem less likely cases.
-furtiveglance

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”