Mini 2293: Death Note. Postgame!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 238, Vanderscamp wrote: I think Gimli is pretty clearly the most town person in the game atm
Am I missing something?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 245, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 192, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 174, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 140, Gimli wrote: but I feel that meg might have openclaimed kira alignment, and it's still not a good flip because we should be focused solely on kira hunting.
It is a good flip, we need to focus on anyone who is Kira/Kira aligned, not exclusively Kira
Agreed, going for people who are just kira can lead to more miselim's cause we could be overlooking things by not looking for followers too.
Who do you feel is a follower?
I'm not looking for followers vs kira at the moment. I'm looking for scummy people. Azu seems the scummiest so far for jumping on a read that even Gimli said was wrong. But, it's still too early.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:44 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Maybe it being revealed to be a fliplesss game is messing with me, usually I don't think this much. I find a scummy person and vote and then base the rest of the game based on that. I usually don't join them cause I do awful in flipless games cause of that reason.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

I don't see where meg jumped on any of my reads. he didn't say why he voted you, kokichi. can you walk me through your meg read?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 125, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 103, MegAzumarill wrote: It's never too early to follow your dreams
VOTE: Kokichi
And considering you were actually the mod that game, you should have seen his reasoning as wrong. So I'm not quite sure how I see this vote as well.
Ignored this post.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by Gimli »

yeah but they didn't respond to you, you can't just say it was my case that did anything to that vote

in other news I think I know your main now and it's cute and idk what to do with that. do I tilt you in many directions until you become scummy, do I let you cook, idrk.

I think I'll let you cook
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Not saying I actually have a decent reason for the vote on you (Idrt I need one atp in the game)

I don't believe I have seen you as town yet, so not really sure why you think I should be able to read you.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 255, Gimli wrote: do I tilt you in many directions
until you become
scummy,
But, Mr. Gimli. You've said I've been scummy this whole time. That couldn't have been a lie could it have been?

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Gimli »

I think you're more likely to try tiring me out with gotchas as scum, koki
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

If I thought you were scummy, I'd be voting you. I'm voting who i think is scummy so far.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 259, Kokichi Oma wrote: If I thought you were scummy, I'd be voting you. I'm voting who i think is scummy so far.
Are you like, sure? Because your vote on Azu is pretty flimsy imo even if you try to paint it the way you did. Azu's vote at face value had barely anything to do with Gimli and this one doesn't see a point where Gimli admits you're a 'wrong read' like you claim. This is actually a packet of lies in general now that this one's analyzed.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:23 pm

Gimli starts scumreading you, this one expresses doubt about you as well but doesn't vote, Azu follows up by saying "It's never too early to follow your dreams" and votes for you. This otherwise tells us nothing about how they got there for better or worse, but importantly does not implicate Gimli's points as part of their reasoning and could be literally any thing else under the sun. And you claim now that Azu was hopping onto some obviously Gimli-brand bandwagon that he somewhere stated is actually phony? Get real, as it were.
Get To Know A Doll
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 261, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Gimli starts scumreading you, this one expresses doubt about you as well but doesn't vote, Azu follows up by saying "It's never too early to follow your dreams" and votes for you. This otherwise tells us nothing about how they got there for better or worse, but importantly does not implicate Gimli's points as part of their reasoning and could be literally any thing else under the sun. And you claim now that Azu was hopping onto some obviously Gimli-brand bandwagon that he somewhere stated is actually phony? Get real, as it were.
Maybe you should like.. Read the interactions with me and Gimli. I've explained my thoughts on him already. I think Azu's vote was bad because of not only what I said but also the timing.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

One thinks you are trying to paint me as scummy for things one does not think is that scummy.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

The reason I like playing with Gimli is he is one of the few people who can post as much as I can in a game. I enjoy this banter. Since I always enjoy making the game about me.

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

That being said, there are people who I think need to post more.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:30 pm

In post 262, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 261, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Gimli starts scumreading you, this one expresses doubt about you as well but doesn't vote, Azu follows up by saying "It's never too early to follow your dreams" and votes for you. This otherwise tells us nothing about how they got there for better or worse, but importantly does not implicate Gimli's points as part of their reasoning and could be literally any thing else under the sun. And you claim now that Azu was hopping onto some obviously Gimli-brand bandwagon that he somewhere stated is actually phony? Get real, as it were.
Maybe you should like.. Read the interactions with me and Gimli. I've explained my thoughts on him already. I think Azu's vote was bad because of not only what I said but also the timing.
In post 263, Kokichi Oma wrote: One thinks you are trying to paint me as scummy for things one does not think is that scummy.
This one thinks it did find where Gimli concedes one wrong point about meta (snore) out of... the entire rest of his argument, but either way this doesn't really change the fact your actual vote on Azu might as well be paper-thin here considering what you said is, as previously established, kinda hogwash.
Get To Know A Doll
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 173, Black wrote: Ok...weird thoughts on Vander so far...a lot of these actions are NAI but they still pinged me

Do we like spoilers? Do we not like spoilers? Will people read this if I put it in tags or will people hate me for not tagging it and clogging up the page? I have Mafia anxiety

Spoiler: Vander giving me the creeps
In post 14, Vanderscamp wrote: Thoughts on skills?
I don't see any kind of obvious partial skill claiming plans, I think any advantage to open claiming a skill is probably not worth reducing Kira NK info, but keen to discuss if anyone feels differently
I thought even bringing up skill claiming was weird and it was framed like he definitely doesn't want to do it while also leaving the door open to discuss. Just felt off
In post 18, Vanderscamp wrote: I'm on board with all of that!
Vander agreeing with several things that Gimli proposed here. Not much extra input or anything
In post 78, Vanderscamp wrote:Just Kira who knows which skills aren't in play, right?
Could be informed but also could just be paying more attention to me which is entirely possible lol
In post 79, Vanderscamp wrote:Assuming I'm right about the rules, strong read from this that Black is not a follower
These types of reads are easy to make and I think followers/Kira benefit more from these definitive declarations more than taskforce. I still think it's NAI because Vander could post this as either alignment but I can't help that I felt weird about it
In post 80, Vanderscamp wrote:Does scumBlack typically openly advocate pro-scum strategies?
This just seems like Vander is trying to solve without really putting much thought into it. Posting this question and legit hoping to get an answer back seems like a reach
In post 97, Vanderscamp wrote: I like gimli's thought process.
More sheeping of Gimli with no elaboration on why he likes the thought process
In post 98, Vanderscamp wrote: I thought kokichi might have been scum for the vote on black for the call for skill claims, but his response to me asking about it felt null
Riding the fence on Kokichi. Keeping the door open
In post 112, Vanderscamp wrote:Nah, I could see it as Kira who sees what skills aren't in play, assumes that the followers also got the same info, and is just trying to tell followers what to do to identify him.

Not a high likelihood world, and I didn't look at that post and think "this looks like Kira coaching," but I could see it being a thing.
More on the fence stuff
In post 113, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 110, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 107, Black wrote: Lorne... when you wrote did you know that only Kira can see what skills are in play and not the followers?
How do you know only Kira can see the skills in play?
VOTE: Kawaii
Why does Kawaii get a vote for not reading the rules but not me, especially when you just said I could be Kira?

So yeah... a lot of this is just me getting a vibe that Vander is trying to seem like a proactive townie while really not contributing much of his own stuff. When he is providing he's arguing why people can go either alignment. The skills comment is probably the most scummy thing here along with the Kawaii vote

VOTE: Vanderscamp

Firstly, as a phone user, I like the spoilers because it prevents the page from getting too big.
I'll respond to your points without quoting them.

Skills discussion: Yeah, I think it's probably mostly bad to claim them and I do think it's bad, but if someone has good reasons for ways we might want to claim them I'm not so convinced it's always bad that it's a waste of time to talk about. I've been thinking more about this and I think if you're under threat of death it probably can't be that bad to claim, if you can explain why discussing this kind of strategy is actively bad then I agree it's scummy to talk about, but I don't think it is.

Me agreeing with Gimli: I didn't have anything to add, I had the same thoughts.

Me knowing the rules: I read through the rules pretty thoroughly about a day before I got my role.

Me saying Black is not a follower: obviously it's not that easy to make since I was the first one who said it!
I see where you're coming from in that it probably helps Kira, but killing Kira today isn't the only thing that matters and I feel pretty strongly that we shouldn't kill Black today from him saying that.
I also don't think it's NAI because I think I'd be more likely to keep that kind of read to myself as evil.

Asking about scumBlack's meta: this question was really about Kokichi because I thought their vote on Black for that post was pretty weak.
If Kokichi had played with Black before and Black doesn't just essentially openly wolf when it comes to advocating strategies (which is pretty uncommon) I would have just voted Kokichi for it. Fwiw I thought it was very likely I would be following up that question with a vote, but the fact that Kokichi has never played with Black before does make it possible that Kokichi really does think Black is the type of player to openly wolf like that.

More sheeping of Gimli: I thought it was more in depth reasoning than scum usually provides. I'll make it easier for you for these types of posts, though, me giving reads without reasoning attached is not scum indicative.

Kokichi fence riding: see two paragraphs above. I didn't think me giving this logic would be super useful since Kokichi didn't seem town from it, just not scummy as I was expecting.

On the fence about Black being Kira: I'm not sitting on the fence about it, I'm actively disagreeing with Gimli's read.

Voting kawaii: I'm not voting kawaii for not knowing rules, I'm voting kawaii because that post read as very awkward.

I don't think your case on me is scummy fwiw, I can see you believing this.
But I am trying to be proactive, and I feel pretty decently about my reads so far at this stage of the game. I don't agree that I'm not giving much original content, i think basically the only stuff I've said that that applies to is me saying that I agree with Gimli.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 180, Lorne Malvo wrote: I would be down to kill anyone who talks about mechanics too much
Nah
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 186, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 157, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 153, Gimli wrote:
In post 115, Enchant wrote:
There's important thing i cut out of rules and just noticed.

All dead players flip without revealing any information. I am returning this back in "Setup" section.
here, lorne. enchant just decided to make things worse for us.
Then why are we even playing?
I agree it was a pretty big omission and makes scumhunting less rewarding.
I'm pretty sure this was in the setup page?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 221, Malakittens wrote:
In post 216, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Malakittens wrote: ↑03 Mar 2023 18:28

ngl

i usually just glide over setup-talk/setup-spec only because its not a strong suit of mine. i try to stay out of it at all costs.

I believe it's just better to stay quiet of all costs bc we dont want scum getting any more information.

This one kinda hates this stance, trying to just coast by silent and passing it off as "it's preventing scum from getting info!" gives me very bad vibes. Progressing my RV on Mala to a genuine vote.
10/10 would ask u to try again.

I am the type of player who hates people that openly rolefish or even talk about setups that could give others information. Granted with no flips it does make the game a bit harder for either alignment, but to openly discuss what skills etc someone could have just helps scum imo.

so i rather go scumhunt rather than deal with pages and pages of setup spec

so feel free to vote me i don't really care nor am i scared because you won't gather enough votes to lim me b/c its an empty case

so wake me up when setup spec ends
Leaning town on this response
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 224, Black wrote:
In post 223, Gimli wrote: unless we wanna go full claiming abilities and do something else to break night actions.
You would be ok with this?
If a setup can be broken I want to break it, although I don't think it's likely this is one of those setups.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 250, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 238, Vanderscamp wrote: I think Gimli is pretty clearly the most town person in the game atm
Am I missing something?
My read comes from willingness to solve plus giving what seem to be genuine thought processes.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 266, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 262, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 263, Kokichi Oma wrote: One thinks you are trying to paint me as scummy for things one does not think is that scummy.
This one thinks it did find where Gimli concedes one wrong point about meta (snore) out of... the entire rest of his argument, but either way this doesn't really change the fact your actual vote on Azu might as well be paper-thin here considering what you said is, as previously established, kinda hogwash.
And one still thinks you're trying to push on a narrative that is also paper thin. Have I been telling everyone to vote Azu or pushing them intensively? You also seem to be solely focused on me, despite others having similar votes without much weight. Which Makes me question your motive. Your posts have been 90% about me. What do you think about the rest of the game so far?
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:45 pm

In post 273, Kokichi Oma wrote:And one still thinks you're trying to push on a narrative that is also paper thin. Have I been telling everyone to vote Azu or pushing them intensively? You also seem to be solely focused on me, despite others having similar votes without much weight. Which Makes me question your motive. Your posts have been 90% about me. What do you think about the rest of the game so far?
You don't need to have a vendetta against Azu for this one to call you out, y'know. Gimli/Black/Vander/Azu townlean, Mala/STD nullscum, Lorne nulltown (this one needs to give his ISO an intensive read honestly his posts have just been flying over my head but my vaguest impressions are that hes town-ish-y), Kawaii null. It's like 4:46am so don't take these TOO seriously until they're iterated upon at a more reasonable state of wakeness.
Get To Know A Doll

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”