Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Elpis »

Busy couple nights, sorry for not posting too much--

I see that folks have been asking me to be more open with my thoughts, which is strange to me because I feel like I've expressed them as they've come to me. I think Aureal is very towny, I have mixed messages about Aero, but currently feel more of a null/mild town lean. There's a lot of discussion going on and attacking of minutia, but like-- there are SO few actual points to really call out on as being incredibly scummy, I feel. I have absolutely no strong feelings to really go off of.

I assume the vote against me by Bewolkt was just to push me to talk more, but truly my thoughts are not much to really post on as things currently stand. I don't have strong scum feelings towards anyone, and my only confident vibe is that Aureal is not scum.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Elpis »

I would also agree about the assessment that kawaii and bewolkt have been moderately lurky, but I would understand that because, again, there's very little to actually go off of aside from aero acknowledging a hammer and not fixing it, maestro being a bit prickly to deal with, and ircher having an opinion that at this point seems to be relatively understood.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Elpis »

If anyone would like my thoughts of anything, do feel free to ask and I'll try to consolidate, but as it currently stands, I am unsure how to comment further on the current lineup we've got, and I can't say I've got the experience yet to truly understand a good way to uhh, I think the term was "scumhunt" or something?

- Griffin Mcelroy
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by patchwork »

i think the aero vote was rvs i cant remember putting a vote on him UNVOTE:
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by patchwork »

yeah :/ this entire game has been stagnating a ton and i don't really know what to say to get it going
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 229, patchwork wrote: yeah :/ this entire game has been stagnating a ton and i don't really know what to say to get it going
don't know why this didn't quote elpis but this is supposed to quote them
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by Aureal »

Okay people, let's do some thinking and talking about it!
In post 101, Aureal wrote:
In post 87, Maestro wrote: Ircher link me a relatively-recent scum game of yours please - if you don’t or if you’re all “conservative” in your next post I’ll just go find one myself and consider it a scumclaim

For any Newbies wondering, the post somebody made about it being proTown to post more and not be “conservative” with one’s thoughts is 100% apt and while I’m not ever advocating for “forcing” others to play like me… as Aero said it makes you seem like scum (and kinda a butthead) so I feel no qualms voting you for
those
reasons and encourage you to be like… an asset to us all instead of an impediment?

That’s what it comes down to

If you think you can solve the game all by yourself, or just by giving Town the bear minimum amt of insight into your thoughts or motivations… yeah you can eat a hammer vote today for that if nothin changes, I think lol it’s as good a reason as any
Can I vote you too? I want to vote you too. This is so lazy. Is that really what you want to teach newbies, to just eliminate people who play a way you don't like dealing with? Great way to lose games you didn't need to.
In post 152, Aureal wrote: Okay great, I'm being agreed with that it's too early to be putting people at E-1 and also we're putting Aeronaut at E-1???? Sigh.

UNVOTE:
In the first post, Aureal says that she wants to vote Maestro as well as Aeronaut. Half a day later, Aureal unvotes Aeronaut. Aureal has not put a vote on Maestro, or anyone, since then. What does this tell you?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 228, patchwork wrote: i think the aero vote was rvs i cant remember putting a vote on him UNVOTE:
In post 229, patchwork wrote: yeah :/ this entire game has been stagnating a ton and i don't really know what to say to get it going
So rather than unvoting, why not put your vote somewhere useful? It would help keep the game moving.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 226, Elpis wrote: I would also agree about the assessment that kawaii and bewolkt have been moderately lurky, but I would understand that because, again, there's very little to actually go off of aside from aero acknowledging a hammer and not fixing it, maestro being a bit prickly to deal with, and ircher having an opinion that at this point seems to be relatively understood.
This is a decent summary of the game so far. What's your conclusions or analysis from this information?

I would like to encourage people to use their vote more actively! The game is stagnating because there is no momentum. To generate momentum, we need wagons.

As for Aureal's post, my conclusion is that for Maestro, you didn't really scum read him. You were just frustrated with his take. For Aeronaut, you unvoted to avoid the day ending early, but you saw something that makes you hesitant to re-vote there. Your current lack of a vote indicates that you don't have any strong leads at this point.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

Interesting thoughts, thank you! Can anyone come up with anything else, or do you agree with Ircher? Elpis, Kawaii, bewolkt, anyone?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by bewolkt »

I thought you removed your vote to avoid having Aero at E-1 like you said. I hadn’t thought before about why you didn’t vote anywhere else tbh but it makes sense that if you’re arguing that the reason for elimination should not be playstyle, then you’re not going to sr Maestro because his playstyle is focusing on the people that do not contribute that much.
Why didn’t you put your vote on another person? It could be that your top sr is still Aero and you didn’t want the conversation to shift to anyone else at that point
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:10 pm

Post by bewolkt »

@kawaii what do think so far?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:56 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 231, Aureal wrote: In the first post, Aureal says that she wants to vote Maestro as well as Aeronaut. Half a day later, Aureal unvotes Aeronaut. Aureal has not put a vote on Maestro, or anyone, since then. What does this tell you?
you're town who changed your mind? or you're scum who's deciding to avoid conflict despite previously putting yourself in the spotlight? idk
or was it to get aero off e-1 because, like aero, you didn't want an early hammer?
In post 232, Ircher wrote: So rather than unvoting, why not put your vote somewhere useful? It would help keep the game moving.
the thing is... because the game's stagnating... it's hard to decide who i should smack my vote on....
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:09 am

Post by patchwork »

actually how about this VOTE: Kawaii
Thoughts on the game or we hammer.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hi, sorry for being away for so long. Probably should've requested V/LA. I'm back now though.
In post 202, Aureal wrote:
In post 171, Elpis wrote: I did realize I was doing this, but at the time, I was actually totally unaware that the vote limit was 5 and then things would immediately end. If I'm completely honest, the vote was moreso intended to be an expression of current suspicion, and not actually a definitive, "I want this person dead and gone" thing. I'm recognizing now that it shouldn't be used in that manner, and I will revoke it for now, especially with how close things have gotten to hammering.

UNVOTE:
No, you're fine using it like that, at this point especially that's what's expected. I'm making a point though that it CAN lead to someone getting eliminated, so some caution is warranted when vote counts start getting high.
In post 180, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay I am going to go forward and VOTE: Bewolkt. This guy has made several posts since the game started, but none of their posts has any opinion stated on any player. If that's not scumlurking, I don't know what is.
Interesting choice there. What do you think of Kawaii?
I feel they are also very uncontributive but it kinda feels within their meta and they are a newbie unlike bewolkt. I still would like to get a lot more from them, and honestly I will vote them next unless they posted something really townie while I was away.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 210, bewolkt wrote: I also acknowledged your readlists, so I don't know why you feel the need to mention them again. I said that they don't give me the reasons why you placed ones higher than others so I can't see why do you townread or scumread other players. Can you explain why you sr Maestro? Also I still find a bit puzzling that Aero went from your top tr to null, but it's fair, I guess our reads are very variable and not very strong right now.
Maestro - it's not a real scumread but the vibes they give are off. I couldn't read anything particularly townie in them despite their posts being a lot more forceful than Kawaii's, for instance.
In post 210, bewolkt wrote: Last, you mention the following 2 posts as examples of you being proactive. I had read both as what I categorized as you 'pushing the more inactive slots': for Aero you praise the engagement of Maestro but say of Aero's that 'is not serious enough' and for me that 'none of their posts has any opinion stated on any player'. So I thought of both as attempts to make us engage more and contribute to the game. It's true that for Aero you say that he's attempting to buddy others, so I'll give you that
Yeah fair, I see how you could see it as pushing inactive slots but at least on Aero it was less the activity and more the buddying vibe.
Fine, I get why you would perhaps suspect me. Is there anyone else you currently suspect?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:57 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 221, Aureal wrote:
In post 216, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 213, patchwork wrote: yeah dragon can you explain yoruself on that
I was looking for a null slot to push, noticed bewolkt's scummy lurking, voted them. I wasn't really concerned with which slot is the optimal push tbh but I'm pretty sure that Kawaii is the runner up actually, and migth vote for them if I think bewolkt doesn't deserve my vite any longer (right now I think bewolkt still deserves my vote).
So you voted bewolkt over Kawaii because they were both lurking about the same amount to you. You kept your vote on bewolkt after bewolkt posted reads on everyone because you don't think bewolkt's scumread on you is warranted. You still think Kawaii is being too lurky. Is that a fair assessment of where you are?
Yes.
I think I might change to Kawaii though, let me just finish catching up before I make up my mind.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:15 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 223, patchwork wrote: dragon are you omgusing lol
Nah, I was legitimately annoyed with his analysis, but after he explained it I kinda get it I guess.
In post 227, Elpis wrote: If anyone would like my thoughts of anything, do feel free to ask and I'll try to consolidate, but as it currently stands, I am unsure how to comment further on the current lineup we've got, and I can't say I've got the experience yet to truly understand a good way to uhh, I think the term was "scumhunt" or something?
IDK guys, this post kinda feels like Elpis is trying to overplay how newbie they are. Like the thing about not knowing what scumhunting is called? For real?
But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Elpis, how much experience do you have with Mafia and with similar games?
And have you read the explanation of what the RVS is good for? Because voting and wagoning are designed to generate reads. Doing them and observing others' reactions is a good way to find out who is scum and who is town. Would you like to give it a go?
Until you do, I will VOTE: Elpis
IDK, I actually thought there was quite a bit of critical thinking in the first few pages, we just need to continue doing more of it and we'll get some juicy reads.
In post 232, Ircher wrote:
In post 228, patchwork wrote: i think the aero vote was rvs i cant remember putting a vote on him UNVOTE:
So rather than unvoting, why not put your vote somewhere useful? It would help keep the game moving.
Agreed.
In post 231, Aureal wrote: Okay people, let's do some thinking and talking about it!
In post 101, Aureal wrote:
In post 87, Maestro wrote: Ircher link me a relatively-recent scum game of yours please - if you don’t or if you’re all “conservative” in your next post I’ll just go find one myself and consider it a scumclaim

For any Newbies wondering, the post somebody made about it being proTown to post more and not be “conservative” with one’s thoughts is 100% apt and while I’m not ever advocating for “forcing” others to play like me… as Aero said it makes you seem like scum (and kinda a butthead) so I feel no qualms voting you for
those
reasons and encourage you to be like… an asset to us all instead of an impediment?

That’s what it comes down to

If you think you can solve the game all by yourself, or just by giving Town the bear minimum amt of insight into your thoughts or motivations… yeah you can eat a hammer vote today for that if nothin changes, I think lol it’s as good a reason as any
Can I vote you too? I want to vote you too. This is so lazy. Is that really what you want to teach newbies, to just eliminate people who play a way you don't like dealing with? Great way to lose games you didn't need to.
In post 152, Aureal wrote: Okay great, I'm being agreed with that it's too early to be putting people at E-1 and also we're putting Aeronaut at E-1???? Sigh.

UNVOTE:
In the first post, Aureal says that she wants to vote Maestro as well as Aeronaut. Half a day later, Aureal unvotes Aeronaut. Aureal has not put a vote on Maestro, or anyone, since then. What does this tell you?
Interesting. Why is Aureal talking about herself in the third person?
Anyway, if we are talking about Aureal in the third person, then I think that Aureal might be a bit scummy in this situation, because she's basically not pushing anyone or scumhunting anymore. Of course, she might just feel lost and desire more engagement from others, to be able to form opinions. It's a tough dilemma.

Note: I know I said I'll vote Kawaii, I still think we need to pressure them, but Elpis is scummier ATM.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:20 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 242, DragonEater70 wrote: Interesting. Why is Aureal talking about herself in the third person?
Anyway, if we are talking about Aureal in the third person, then I think that Aureal might be a bit scummy in this situation, because she's basically not pushing anyone or scumhunting anymore. Of course, she might just feel lost and desire more engagement from others, to be able to form opinions. It's a tough dilemma.
no, she's probably just trying to be a good SE in a newbie game lol
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:20 am

Post by patchwork »

like it's actually pretty townie of her to point out her own inconsistency and tell everyone in the thread to rip it apart
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:43 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 244, patchwork wrote: like it's actually pretty townie of her to point out her own inconsistency and tell everyone in the thread to rip it apart
I know which is why I'm not voting her.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:50 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 245, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 244, patchwork wrote: like it's actually pretty townie of her to point out her own inconsistency and tell everyone in the thread to rip it apart
I know which is why I'm not voting her.
oh
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:07 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 242, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 227, Elpis wrote: If anyone would like my thoughts of anything, do feel free to ask and I'll try to consolidate, but as it currently stands, I am unsure how to comment further on the current lineup we've got, and I can't say I've got the experience yet to truly understand a good way to uhh, I think the term was "scumhunt" or something?
IDK guys, this post kinda feels like Elpis is trying to overplay how newbie they are. Like the thing about not knowing what scumhunting is called? For real?
But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Elpis, how much experience do you have with Mafia and with similar games?
And have you read the explanation of what the RVS is good for? Because voting and wagoning are designed to generate reads. Doing them and observing others' reactions is a good way to find out who is scum and who is town. Would you like to give it a go?
Until you do, I will VOTE: Elpis

I was just too lazy to look up the specific terminology, I couldn't recall if it was directly labeled scumhunting

I have experience with in person werewolf games, but not mafia specifically as often, and I've never been in a mafia game where they were called "scum". I do realize now though reading my original post that what I said sounded *painfully* fake and acting, when in reality I just didn't want to open up the glossary again. I certainly understand what the concept of scumhunting is.

I just read up a bit more on RVS, and I think I understand a bit more about it now. It seems like it'd be a good idea to toss a vote on Kawaii for the sake of having them express a bit more about their thoughts on the game. VOTE: Kawaii

- Griffin Mcelroy
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:28 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Good.
VOTE: Kawaii
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:29 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I probably sound very lenient here, and I know I am. TBH I just don't have any solid scumreads right now.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”