Micro 1072: Turf Wars | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Clearly Aureal is lock town now.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:54 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 140, furtiveglance wrote: Posting doesn't equal carrying - this isn't cookie clicker.
i mean carrying the pagecount lmao
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:55 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote: It is like you are afraid for things to organically happen, again 'control the narrative'.
not really? i can't get anything related to someone's alignment out of fluffposting. i prefer to read based on vibe and interactions with other users, but if someone's just being goofy i can't really do that.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Skygazer »

as someone who works two/sometimes three jobs, one of them fulltime, i feel like ideally we should have a healthy amount of activity without it being toooo much to keep up with
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by Skygazer »

7 pages is a lot considering the game has been open 7 hours and 2 ppl havent gotten the chance to post
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Skygazer »

(that being said i'll try to cut back on my spam)
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by patchwork »

how do i even explain this lol
i want to discuss the game and such but no one's really posting, and then furtive pops in to talk about the setup (which everyone has seen if they're playing this game, because that's what you do before you sign up for a random micro). it is a little agitating because furtive hasn't really been doing much prior to this, and talking about the setup is a way you can look towny but not actually contribute. that's why i asked them to stop talking about setup and talk about the actual game and the players who have posted.
and then i feel like none of you are really taking me seriously, which is frustrating. like, idk, there's really not much to talk about, and we have two slots who haven't posted at all, and then no one's really actually talking about the game itself and it's just Stressful, i guess. i want people to have discussions about the game so we can solve faster but no one's really there to engage me, and questioning lorne about his strangely fast tr on me got no good ends... i'm really not trying to control the way the game goes, it's just that nothing is really happening atm and i want to Talk to people
pedit: sorry if i'm making the activity levels too high or something. idk i'm just wanting to Talk with People abou the game and that's just not happening
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 155, Skygazer wrote: (that being said i'll try to cut back on my spam)
same
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

patchwork, I gave a few reads. Do you want to agree/disagree?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 158, furtiveglance wrote: patchwork, I gave a few reads. Do you want to agree/disagree?
i saw them but i haven't actually properly responded, let me do that rn, thanks for reminding me
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Lorne Malvo »

In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote: Anything anyone says can offer insight to their alignment and/or intentions.

I get that mechanics talk can get a bit boring, but as long as people are contributing then that is good.

It is like you are afraid for things to organically happen, again 'control the narrative'.

Pre Edit: Guys, I posted the most.....obvtown amirite. Lorne, I fear your mysterious read is spinning down the toilet.
I honestly have no idea why you call it mysterious, but my opinion remains unchanged. You don't like them because they're kinda annoying, doesn't mean they aren't town
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 125, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 121, patchwork wrote: furtive please talk players and not mechanics
I townread you
I think Lorne's content could come from scum but I'll give them slight +town so far
Drew seems to be in his town meta

Who else is in this game?
In post 129, furtiveglance wrote: Oh and Skygazer is the player who's given me the scummiest vibes so far
here are the posts
right so on me: why do you townread me?
personally, i disagree with skygazer. i like her vibes a ton and think that while they have a few sketchy vibes, they're probably a null or townlean for me. the drew push was something i agreed with because Content Please Dude, though i was a little more skeptical of how they went ahead and jumped on you.
unsure if the drew read is a townread, but because i haven't seen their play i can't comment on that. to me, drew seems like a null because their play isn't explicitly towny or scummy to me.
i agree with your take on lorne. it could come from both town and scum, and i was definitely very skeptical about it (like how do you drop a tr on me at Page Two ??) but they could just be confident town. they have this very unhinged sort of feel to them that i like, and it's it’s sort of a town-attributable thing and not something that mafia cna replicate very easily imo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 160, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote: Anything anyone says can offer insight to their alignment and/or intentions.

I get that mechanics talk can get a bit boring, but as long as people are contributing then that is good.

It is like you are afraid for things to organically happen, again 'control the narrative'.

Pre Edit: Guys, I posted the most.....obvtown amirite. Lorne, I fear your mysterious read is spinning down the toilet.
I honestly have no idea why you call it mysterious, but my opinion remains unchanged. You don't like them because they're kinda annoying, doesn't mean they aren't town
Well anything not explained is mysterious lol.

I didn't appreciate being told I can't have fun and make jokey posts. That part annoyed me, but the bigger picture of Patch stearing conversation to their liking is what bothers me about them in regards to the game.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Lorne Malvo
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Lorne Malvo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Lorne Malvo »

In post 162, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 160, Lorne Malvo wrote:

Well anything not explained is mysterious lol.

I didn't appreciate being told I can't have fun and make jokey posts. That part annoyed me, but the bigger picture of Patch stearing conversation to their liking is what bothers me about them in regards to the game.
Sure, but I explained it
And ok
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 162, Doctor Drew wrote: I didn't appreciate being told I can't have fun and make jokey posts. That part annoyed me, but the bigger picture of Patch stearing conversation to their liking is what bothers me about them in regards to the game.
no one's having any real discussion though ?? asking someone to stop posting about setup (we all know what the setup is) and post about reads isn't anti-town
it's towny, in fact
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 164, patchwork wrote:
In post 162, Doctor Drew wrote: I didn't appreciate being told I can't have fun and make jokey posts. That part annoyed me, but the bigger picture of Patch stearing conversation to their liking is what bothers me about them in regards to the game.
no one's having any real discussion though ?? asking someone to stop posting about setup (we all know what the setup is) and post about reads isn't anti-town
it's towny, in fact
Who said you were anti-town?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 57, patchwork wrote: hey KittyTacky when you get onto the game can you provide your opinion on the players (especially furtive and lorne)
Why specifically furtive and Lorne? Did they do something in particular that makes you want other opinions?

In post 60, Lorne Malvo wrote: I'm an alt
My theory is that people on MS are less familiar with each other than somewhere like MU, where it's easier to start with inside jokes or something like that
Yeah I kinda figured you were an alt.

And I'm pretty sure Drew's cult thing is an inside joke.
In post 106, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 104, Skygazer wrote: lorne have we played together before
No, I'm trying to figure out if you're 20 or 40
I bet you can't figure out if I'm 20 or 40.

...if you're mobile posting and thus have to click around to see my join date, anyway. :shifty:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 133, patchwork wrote:
In post 132, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 131, patchwork wrote:
In post 129, furtiveglance wrote: Oh and Skygazer is the player who's given me the scummiest vibes so far
explain?
"found scum gg"
makes sense UNVOTE:
Okay patch, how about you explain this unvote? Skygazer says Drew is scummy so you vote Drew. Then furtive says actually Skygazer is the scummy one so you unvote Drew? Did furtive actually convince you that Skygazer is scummy?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 165, Doctor Drew wrote: Who said you were anti-town?
implications
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 166, Aureal wrote: Why specifically furtive and Lorne? Did they do something in particular that makes you want other opinions?
both interesting slots and i am divided on
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 167, Aureal wrote: Okay patch, how about you explain this unvote? Skygazer says Drew is scummy so you vote Drew. Then furtive says actually Skygazer is the scummy one so you unvote Drew? Did furtive actually convince you that Skygazer is scummy?
no, i remembered that i was basically just bandwagoning on drew for fluffposting in what is basically still rvs (silly goofy stage) and i didn't want to just blindly sheep stargazer as well, so those are the two factors that went into my unvote
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 156, patchwork wrote: how do i even explain this lol
i want to discuss the game and such but no one's really posting, and then furtive pops in to talk about the setup (which everyone has seen if they're playing this game, because that's what you do before you sign up for a random micro). it is a little agitating because furtive hasn't really been doing much prior to this, and talking about the setup is a way you can look towny but not actually contribute. that's why i asked them to stop talking about setup and talk about the actual game and the players who have posted.
and then i feel like none of you are really taking me seriously, which is frustrating. like, idk, there's really not much to talk about, and we have two slots who haven't posted at all, and then no one's really actually talking about the game itself and it's just Stressful, i guess. i want people to have discussions about the game so we can solve faster but no one's really there to engage me, and questioning lorne about his strangely fast tr on me got no good ends... i'm really not trying to control the way the game goes, it's just that nothing is really happening atm and i want to Talk to people
pedit: sorry if i'm making the activity levels too high or something. idk i'm just wanting to Talk with People abou the game and that's just not happening
You don't want people to make jokes. You don't want people to talk about the setup. You want people to focus on 'the game' but you don't realize that all of that IS part of the game.

If you want people to talk about players, how about you do it instead of insisting that other people do it? What do you think about furtive's comment about being cleared if your neighbour is mafia? Do you think he just made a mistake in reading, or did he slip up because he has TMI? You had an interesting reaction to it, but didn't directly give an opinion about it.
-furtiveglance
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Yeah it's hard to force 'content' without creating it yourself.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Marashu »

Marashu