Micro 1072: Turf Wars | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 1.01
Elimination
furtiveglance
(2): Aureal, Skygazer

Not Voting
(6): Oclaxian Empire, Doctor Drew, Lorne Malvo, furtiveglance, KittyTacky, patchwork

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-03-11 12:17:22).

Mod notes:
  • With 8 players alive,5 votes are required for elimination.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:03 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

Hi I’ll be here later

- Kori
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:17 pm

In post 4, Skygazer wrote: VOTE: oclaxian empire

i distrust alts
i distrust you for no reason other than i can lol

- grim
In post 5, Skygazer wrote: is there any downside to outting neighborhoods?

considering each scum gets a 1 shot roleblock it could inform their night actions i guess but
i think outting hoods is generally bad bc now scum know who everyone's paired with and can shoot those they know are conf!town hoods. this doesn't matter if there's 3 conf!town hoods bc both scum got paired together, but ideally, this means they can double-shoot a hood with town being better in that situation imo. if there's only two conf!town hoods, then this doesn't matter as much, but i'd prefer to not ruin what can be functional masonries for a little more info on d1.

- grim
In post 7, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 5, Skygazer wrote: is there any downside to outting neighborhoods?

considering each scum gets a 1 shot roleblock it could inform their night actions i guess but
I find genuinely no difference in claiming or not claiming them to the neighbourhood itself nor to the people outside of it. Though I want to shoot people so I want to not hang my neighbourhood guy d1
this is a good sentiment
-grim
In post 13, Skygazer wrote: also when one neighbor dies the other loses their vig

so outting neighborhoods would mean scum can use that info to take town shots away
yes. another reason why outting that is bad.

-grim
In post 22, patchwork wrote: i don't think massclaiming's gonna do anything because everyone's just a neighbor and even if we claim neighborhoods it'd be hard to root out who is who
i don't think massclaiming in general is good simply bc of the setup lol. ur right, everyone's gonna claim neighbor LOL

-grim
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by Skygazer »

hi i just want you to know that my first post was not a reference to plurality; i wasn't aware until after i had made that post and it's poorly worded in hindsight
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:20 pm

small post that i wanna make before reading and replying to page 2:

we're a system. this is the system's account. it means there's multiple people in our head, who all share the same body. effectively meatspace hydra. it'll mostly be me+kori playing, since i've played under Vex Vience before, and kori has played under Korina before. we're mostly gonna be limiting it to me+kori posting, but you might see us referencing thoughts from others in the system.

-grim

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:21 pm

In post 178, Skygazer wrote: hi i just want you to know that my first post was not a reference to plurality; i wasn't aware until after i had made that post and it's poorly worded in hindsight
nah it's all good sky. no offense taken. /gen

-grim

#CultsArentBastard
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oclaxian, I have many Evil Muffins waiting for you.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:27 pm

In post 26, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 22, patchwork wrote: i don't think massclaiming's gonna do anything because everyone's just a neighbor and even if we claim neighborhoods it'd be hard to root out who is who
i am town though so if i get tunneled this game i'll be pretty pissed tbh
I think you're taking everything too seriously
I don't really think it's too early to be taking the game seriously, especially to get the game out of RVS. Somebody needs to do something to get the game rolling, and being serious I think is the best way to try to start that?
In post 27, Lorne Malvo wrote: patchwork, congratulations on getting a townread from me
Why lol
In post 29, patchwork wrote:
In post 27, Lorne Malvo wrote: patchwork, congratulations on getting a townread from me
why
townie post imo

-grim
In post 32, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 29, patchwork wrote:
why
You fit the typical archetype of the overexcited newbie who likes sunshine and rainbows and wants to be as helpful as they can
i kinda agree with this? though, i'm not rlly reading as much newbie as more so "overexcited town wants to get the game started"?
In post 34, Doctor Drew wrote: Guys I am Cult Leader, obviously.

So who else wants to join my hood with me and my loyal minion?
Hi, I'm here <3

- Kori
In post 39, patchwork wrote: it's a little strange how you can be so confident in my being town on page two
i dont even feel like im coming off that way either
I feel like this is a fair assessment to say? Like, it's a little unreasonable to be calling people town on page 2, but also it's fair to not understand why people think you're town?
In post 40, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 38, patchwork wrote: i'm really not that much of a newbie and i Hope i dont seem that incompetent lmao, i'm pretty garbage at scumhunting though and i've gotten scrutinized for it in basically all my games
It's your first Micro so you're basically a newbie
The secret to scumhunting is reading people's interactions. People are competent enough to appear towny so just reading people is usually pointless
I don't think so lol. If everyone was competent enough to appear townie, nobody would ever get killed for being scummy lol. I think reading people and how they play is a vital part in determining alignment, but it's not
everything
in determining alignment. Interactions are important, but so is how they're playing the game in general.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:34 pm

In post 51, Doctor Drew wrote: Of course, they are evil muffins though.

And RVS gets people active right when the game starts, instead of everyone standing around awkwardly like it is a middle school dance.

I love Lorne's mysterious town read on Patch, no evil muffins for you.
What about it do you love Drew? I don't know if you answer this on a later page, but I'm just going page-by-page and responding to what catches our attention, so if you answered this later, lol.
In post 53, Skygazer wrote: VOTE: doctor drew

scum found gg
Please tell me if this is a meme vote, I really can't tell.

In post 55, Skygazer wrote: why do you think lorne giving an easy town read with little reasoning is town?
In post 57, patchwork wrote: hey KittyTacky when you get onto the game can you provide your opinion on the players (especially furtive and lorne)
In post 59, patchwork wrote: btw drew. can you quit fluffposting, thanks!

grim: the above three posts are good posts imo
In post 64, patchwork wrote: VOTE: drew definitely
grim: lol.
In post 65, patchwork wrote: now drew it'd be sick if you could provide some actual opinions on the game, be it on setup, players so far, opinions on interactions
but i mean feel free to keep fluffposting, we can hammer you then
grim: this would be a good post a little later in the game imo, esp with the previous post asking for this. i think it's fair to give ppl some time and space to enter the game on p3 tho.
In post 71, Doctor Drew wrote:
I like to have fun when I post, get used to it.

And why are you caring so much about Kitty's opinion?

Pre Edit: Calm down Patch, the game literally just started and people are just settling in. I already said I am feeling a little weird about Lorn snap town reading you for a mysterious reason, but ironically do think you are town spewing.
Kori: This is a good post, and I like this post. Though, I feel like I have a terrible read accuracy on Drew, so this opinion is subject to change.

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 171, Aureal wrote:
In post 156, patchwork wrote: how do i even explain this lol
i want to discuss the game and such but no one's really posting, and then furtive pops in to talk about the setup (which everyone has seen if they're playing this game, because that's what you do before you sign up for a random micro). it is a little agitating because furtive hasn't really been doing much prior to this, and talking about the setup is a way you can look towny but not actually contribute. that's why i asked them to stop talking about setup and talk about the actual game and the players who have posted.
and then i feel like none of you are really taking me seriously, which is frustrating. like, idk, there's really not much to talk about, and we have two slots who haven't posted at all, and then no one's really actually talking about the game itself and it's just Stressful, i guess. i want people to have discussions about the game so we can solve faster but no one's really there to engage me, and questioning lorne about his strangely fast tr on me got no good ends... i'm really not trying to control the way the game goes, it's just that nothing is really happening atm and i want to Talk to people
pedit: sorry if i'm making the activity levels too high or something. idk i'm just wanting to Talk with People abou the game and that's just not happening
You don't want people to make jokes. You don't want people to talk about the setup. You want people to focus on 'the game' but you don't realize that all of that IS part of the game.

If you want people to talk about players, how about you do it instead of insisting that other people do it? What do you think about furtive's comment about being cleared if your neighbour is mafia? Do you think he just made a mistake in reading, or did he slip up because he has TMI? You had an interesting reaction to it, but didn't directly give an opinion about it.
oh shit yeah that's fair, my bad 100%

i think furtive's comment was just misreading. i can't jump to assumptions regarding it, and it'd kind of be an asshole move to assume it's TMI when it could just as easily be human error. mostly just because of te following posts which went a little something like "are we looking at the same setup" "wait i thought scum was always partnered with town"
lolhammer count: 3
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:40 pm

In post 75, patchwork wrote:
In post 71, Doctor Drew wrote:
I mean, you asked if you wanted a muffin. I like to have fun when I post, get used to it.

And why are you caring so much about Kitty's opinion?

Pre Edit: Calm down Patch, the game literally just started and people are just settling in. I already said I am feeling a little weird about Lorn snap town reading you for a mysterious reason, but ironically do think you are town spewing.

Also, you just talked yourself out of an evil muffin.
i'm asking kitty in specific because they asides from oxclavian are the only ones who haven't posted, and oxclavian hasn't confirmed so i'm not gonna bother to ask them

.... no i will not calm down
grim: our opinion on furtive - i haven't seen anything i can remember abt him posting, so null. if he's posted, he's posted absolutely nothing meaningful to kori+me, so null.
lorne, probably town? i feel like its a little early to be tring ppl on p2/p3, but i feel like lorne has the right idea so far?

also oclaxians. but oxclavian is funny and i'll accept it.
In post 76, patchwork wrote:
In post 74, Skygazer wrote: my neighbor is def town by the way
who
grim: lol, i don't like this attempt at fishing for sky's neighbor.
In post 77, Skygazer wrote: i like lorne for town i think, it's a tone thing i guess and they come across as unreserved
grim: why does someone coming across as unreserved make u think they might be town?
In post 86, Lorne Malvo wrote:
In post 82, Skygazer wrote: :shrug: it's page 3
Exactly, so don't throw out townreads yet, it's a recipe for disaster
grim: why would you call patchwork town then lol
In post 93, patchwork wrote: townreads so far are skygazer and lorne malvo in that order, everyone else is null because no one is Contenting
grim: it's p4 at the time of this post. ppl have lives outside of the game. it's ok if ppl dont wanna content for like the first five or six pages lol.
In post 99, patchwork wrote: ok but lorne's townread has weird vibes though right
grim: what's the point of asking this question? it feels like u know what you want to think but u want someone to confirm what u think? like... i'm a little confused.

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 179, Oclaxian Empire wrote: small post that i wanna make before reading and replying to page 2:

we're a system. this is the system's account. it means there's multiple people in our head, who all share the same body. effectively meatspace hydra. it'll mostly be me+kori playing, since i've played under Vex Vience before, and kori has played under Korina before. we're mostly gonna be limiting it to me+kori posting, but you might see us referencing thoughts from others in the system.

-grim
oh, sick! i have a friend who's diagnosed with OSDD and they struggle with it a lot, but it's interesting to see yall playing mafia as a system!
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 183, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: this would be a good post a little later in the game imo, esp with the previous post asking for this. i think it's fair to give ppl some time and space to enter the game on p3 tho.
is that a bad thing? /genq
i don't really get what that means
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:44 pm

In post 115, furtiveglance wrote: It's worth noting that if you're suspecting your partner, them flipping mafia confirms you as town so that's cool
This pings me as townie for the simple reason of I didn't realize the error in this, which I think is a mistake town would be more likely to make, rather than scum deliberately going "I can post this to look like I didn't read the setup! Haha! Free town credit for me!"
In post 116, Aureal wrote: ...is furtive saying he knows both scum are not in the same neighborhood?

VOTE: furtiveglance
What. What is this vote.
In post 121, patchwork wrote: furtive please talk players and not mechanics
grim: mech talk is ok imo. that's a lot of what i did when i played under vv was talk mech. i think at the beginning of the game mech talk to get out of rvs is good, and maybe a little past rvs is ok. i don't see a problem with that.
In post 124, Doctor Drew wrote: Patch, why are you trying to control what people can and can't talk about?

Really seems like you are trying to control the narrative.
grim (+drel, +kori): +1

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:46 pm

In post 125, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 121, patchwork wrote: furtive please talk players and not mechanics
I townread you
I think Lorne's content could come from scum but I'll give them slight +town so far
Drew seems to be in his town meta

Who else is in this game?
grim: why do you tr patchwork and lorne? not that i disagree w/ the reads, but i'm curious how ur getting there.

we're also in the game lol.
In post 129, furtiveglance wrote: Oh and Skygazer is the player who's given me the scummiest vibes so far
Kori: I don't really see Skygazer giving off scummy vibes so far?
In post 133, patchwork wrote:
In post 132, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 131, patchwork wrote:
In post 129, furtiveglance wrote: Oh and Skygazer is the player who's given me the scummiest vibes so far
explain?
"found scum gg"
makes sense UNVOTE:
How does this make sense?
In post 135, patchwork wrote: because if things were to "organically happen" nothing would happen at all
we need to be talking about the games and the players and solve, not just stand around and talk about the setup (which i;m sure that at this point, everyone has seen)
Deadline is a very powerful motivator in the game imo. People will talk about stuff, and people will organically talk about nks and stuff like that. I think this is slightly more town-inclined post though.
In post 149, Aureal wrote:That bad
grim: pls stop spamming lol

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: our opinion on furtive - i haven't seen anything i can remember abt him posting, so null. if he's posted, he's posted absolutely nothing meaningful to kori+me, so null.
lorne, probably town? i feel like its a little early to be tring ppl on p2/p3, but i feel like lorne has the right idea so far?

also oclaxians. but oxclavian is funny and i'll accept it.
thank you for contributing!
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: lol, i don't like this attempt at fishing for sky's neighbor.
my bad, it's just like
"m,y neighbor is definitely town" like why not just say "x is town" in the thread? like we're not gonna know who your neighbor is, and you're not going to claim with your neighbor anytime soon because it can get your actions blocked... it doesn't really mean much
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: why does someone coming across as unreserved make u think they might be town?
it's less their confidence and more that their thoughts don't seem.. reserved. they're not keeping anything to themself, they contribute(?), etc. they sort of have this sort of stream of consciousness throughout their posts that seem decently consistent (could be wrong on this) and also the style in which they post is just generally not something that maf can replicate very well.
feel free to ask me for further clarifications if this doesn't make sense, i'm shit at communication.
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: it's p4 at the time of this post. ppl have lives outside of the game. it's ok if ppl dont wanna content for like the first five or six pages lol.
yeah, it's not a bad thing necessarily that they're not contenting. i get i was a little impatient earlier because usually in my newbies we've had plenty going on in the first few pages and i kind of expected micros to be similar, but i get now that it was wrong to have the same expectation.
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: what's the point of asking this question? it feels like u know what you want to think but u want someone to confirm what u think? like... i'm a little confused.
i think it's just that i was concerned about it, but wanted to see if folks had the same take as me on it because i tend to misread things a lot in terms of tone and misunderstand really easily (i'm nd and it kinda sucks) and it gets worse over the internet. so i wanted to see if i wasn't just misunderstanding or not getting it, and if i wasn't alone.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by patchwork »

you posted while i was still replyng. i'll get to that
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:52 pm

spoilering this bc there's a lot of long quotes in it.

-grim

Spoiler:
In post 152, patchwork wrote:
In post 141, Doctor Drew wrote: It is like you are afraid for things to organically happen, again 'control the narrative'.
not really? i can't get anything related to someone's alignment out of fluffposting. i prefer to read based on vibe and interactions with other users, but if someone's just being goofy i can't really do that.
grim (+kori): if ppl consistently fluff-post all game they're likely scum. there r some ppl on site who literally do that as their playstyle. not_mafia comes to mind. it's possible, just more difficult to do so.
In post 153, Skygazer wrote: as someone who works two/sometimes three jobs, one of them fulltime, i feel like ideally we should have a healthy amount of activity without it being toooo much to keep up with
grim (+kori, +drel): i agree. that's why i'm trying to do all the catchup now so ppl can see our thoughts and then giving the thread some rest.
i want to discuss the game and such but no one's really posting, and then furtive pops in to talk about the setup (which everyone has seen if they're playing this game, because that's what you do before you sign up for a random micro). it is a little agitating because furtive hasn't really been doing much prior to this, and talking about the setup is a way you can look towny but not actually contribute. that's why i asked them to stop talking about setup and talk about the actual game and the players who have posted.
and then i feel like none of you are really taking me seriously, which is frustrating. like, idk, there's really not much to talk about, and we have two slots who haven't posted at all, and then no one's really actually talking about the game itself and it's just Stressful, i guess. i want people to have discussions about the game so we can solve faster but no one's really there to engage me, and questioning lorne about his strangely fast tr on me got no good ends... i'm really not trying to control the way the game goes, it's just that nothing is really happening atm and i want to Talk to people
pedit: sorry if i'm making the activity levels too high or something. idk i'm just wanting to Talk with People abou the game and that's just not happening
Kori: This is townie.
In post 166, Aureal wrote: And I'm pretty sure Drew's cult thing is an inside joke.
It is, Drew has insane lucky in drawing cult. Just like the inside joke around me is that I really love playing cult, but never actually get cult, and that I join games exclusively to play cult. This game Grim convinced me to join because it wanted some backup in reads, because it played without me before, but wanted my help formally, and I wanted to dip my toes back into playing mafia.
In post 171, Aureal wrote:
You don't want people to make jokes. You don't want people to talk about the setup. You want people to focus on 'the game' but you don't realize that all of that IS part of the game.

If you want people to talk about players, how about you do it instead of insisting that other people do it? What do you think about furtive's comment about being cleared if your neighbour is mafia? Do you think he just made a mistake in reading, or did he slip up because he has TMI? You had an interesting reaction to it, but didn't directly give an opinion about it.
Townie post imo.

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 188, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: mech talk is ok imo. that's a lot of what i did when i played under vv was talk mech. i think at the beginning of the game mech talk to get out of rvs is good, and maybe a little past rvs is ok. i don't see a problem with that.
fair. mainly my issue with it was that furtive just appears out of the blue with a false statement about mechanics, but doesn't really talk about the players so far. but i can see that i was probably in the wrong there for requesting furtive to stop talking about mechanics.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 189, Oclaxian Empire wrote: How does this make sense?
blatantly asserting that you've "found scum" in the same way you'd wave a red flag in front of a bull's face as a way to get players to pay attention to you could come from a scum perspective, because in theory scum is supposed to be quiet and avoid that attention to avoid scumreads, so a scum member could do the exact opposite for towncred.
or at least that's how i understood it. i don't really scumread stargazer and the post doesn't ping me that much because it's literally just NAI, and i'm more confident about stargazer town than stargazer scum. also, they have the best vibes
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 192, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim (+kori): if ppl consistently fluff-post all game they're likely scum. there r some ppl on site who literally do that as their playstyle. not_mafia comes to mind. it's possible, just more difficult to do so.
oh, okay. i don't think drew is scum though, because they were only Sillyposting in the first few pages and challenged me afterwards about it
In post 192, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Kori: This is townie.
how? i was mostly just responding to their posts regarding the fluffposting thing to explain my thoughts about the Whole Shebang
but now i know i was in the wrong for trying to force discussion, because that's kind of an asshole move and drew absolutely has the right to sillypost in the first ten pages if they want
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:58 pm

In post 190, patchwork wrote:
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: lol, i don't like this attempt at fishing for sky's neighbor.
my bad, it's just like
"m,y neighbor is definitely town" like why not just say "x is town" in the thread? like we're not gonna know who your neighbor is, and you're not going to claim with your neighbor anytime soon because it can get your actions blocked... it doesn't really mean much
grim: i feel like that's just sky tbh. i think if u said randomly "x is town" ppl would assume that ur neighbors with that person, esp bc neighborhoods have the potential to be pseduo-masonries in the game anyways.
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: why does someone coming across as unreserved make u think they might be town?
it's less their confidence and more that their thoughts don't seem.. reserved. they're not keeping anything to themself, they contribute(?), etc. they sort of have this sort of stream of consciousness throughout their posts that seem decently consistent (could be wrong on this) and also the style in which they post is just generally not something that maf can replicate very well.
feel free to ask me for further clarifications if this doesn't make sense, i'm shit at communication.
This makes sense, thank you.
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: it's p4 at the time of this post. ppl have lives outside of the game. it's ok if ppl dont wanna content for like the first five or six pages lol.
yeah, it's not a bad thing necessarily that they're not contenting. i get i was a little impatient earlier because usually in my newbies we've had plenty going on in the first few pages and i kind of expected micros to be similar, but i get now that it was wrong to have the same expectation.
Newbies are very different from any other game on the site. Most of the time, you have some blend of new players who are really eager to get into it, and start playing the game, whereas in micros or any other game on site, you more likely have people who at least
know
others, and kinda wanna slow-play a little bit more. At least, that's my opinion.
In post 185, Oclaxian Empire wrote: grim: what's the point of asking this question? it feels like u know what you want to think but u want someone to confirm what u think? like... i'm a little confused.
i think it's just that i was concerned about it, but wanted to see if folks had the same take as me on it because i tend to misread things a lot in terms of tone and misunderstand really easily (i'm nd and it kinda sucks) and it gets worse over the internet. so i wanted to see if i wasn't just misunderstanding or not getting it, and if i wasn't alone.
That makes sense. We don't necessarily think it has weird vibes, but I could see how someone would think it's weird.

#CultsArentBastard
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by patchwork »

also someone in another gmame complained about my style of posting which was basically flooding the thread with posts while i responded to things, please let me know if it's too much for any of you! if so, i'll try to condense my thoughts in a better manner.

oo you guys posted again ill respond in another post !!!
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by patchwork »

wait is stargazer's username actually skygazer and have i been getting it wrong this entire time because their avatar is stars
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 198, patchwork wrote: wait is stargazer's username actually skygazer and have i been getting it wrong this entire time because their avatar is stars
BRUH i have

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”