Micro 1071: MafiaInFreezer v2023 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

it's also just a general logic term
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

UNVOTE: Ydrasse
In post 92, Kilgamayan wrote: UNVOTE: Ydrasse

Of all the presences in the thread so far, VOTE: Wavelength sticks in my mind the least by a fair amount.

Feels like !science is trying to push continued beginning-of-day-1 jokiness a little harder and a little longer than everyone else. Would be willing to vote there too.
Why do you feel that having the lowest presence is worth a vote right now?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Especially since you have another read with substance to it right below it
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

The lacking substance felt more viscerally bad than continued ED1 silliness. To be clear, it wasn't a matter of "find the person with the fewest posts and vote for that person", it was a matter of going through the player list in my head and doing a mental exercise of "X is playing, and this is what I remember feeling from their posts" for each player. Wavelength was the only player where the result was "I don't remember anything this person did and I don't remember feeling any sort of thing about this person", and those types of slots tend to be red, in my experience playing the Mafiers.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 89, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:what is this cowardice catboi
I'm a scared widdle kitty cat

I'm not sure I want to kill cakez. (In the past whenever I felt this he has been scum but I can't help myself)
did the same thing
I think kilga's response to me making a joke about cakez being put to E-1, followed by the response to that, is basically predictable in that if you did the same thing with any group of players in a game you'd get the same response. But I do think Kilga is the pingiest out of anyone so far and the vote on Wavelength doesn't help. Kilga barely ever plays though so the error bars are big, I want to use at least a
liiiittle
caution. (also also inside I'm sad at the possibility of breaking up the little fgo 1 mini reunion we've got going)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:34 am

Post by catboi »

In post 103, Kilgamayan wrote:The lacking substance felt more viscerally bad than continued ED1 silliness. To be clear, it wasn't a matter of "find the person with the fewest posts and vote for that person", it was a matter of going through the player list in my head and doing a mental exercise of "X is playing, and this is what I remember feeling from their posts" for each player. Wavelength was the only player where the result was "I don't remember anything this person did and I don't remember feeling any sort of thing about this person", and those types of slots tend to be red, in my experience playing the Mafiers.
The thing is to me, it being early Day 1, Wavelength having 2 posts with no content doesn't mean a whole lot, because not everyone gets involved this early. His 2 posts don't really give me scum pings, they're nothing posts. It could be suggested he's struggling to post as scum, but I assume he's an alternate account and probably has no trouble posting/fitting in.

So what I'm left with is you voting a low content slot, and that is the type of vote I see scum make
a lot
, because in theory it's low accountability, no one likes a player who isn't saying much.But it doesn't really serve a useful purpose because if someone is inactive putting a vote on them isn't going to exert meaningful pressure and it doesn't get into the dirty work of trying to analyze what people are actually saying. This is because it's harder to make a case on townies who are being town.

Also, you were going through a mental exercise of the player list in your head on Page 3?
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

It may surprise you that I also subscribe to not being a huge fan of Day 1 lurker votes! If my vote is still there for the same reasons when we're a lot closer to the end of the day, I'll be at least as worried about it as you appear to be. But, to me, that's a concern for then; right now, I'm willing to give !science a little bit of slack to see if the behavior changes, I actively feel varying degrees of good about everyone else, and it's still early on Day 1, so my vote is where it is.
In post 105, catboi wrote: Also, you were going through a mental exercise of the player list in your head on Page 3?
Yes, actually. With the way my personal schedule works, I am able to briefly peruse the game thread from time to time during the daytime, but actual posting windows come later, once work is over for the day and there's a lull in domestic responsibilities. The exercise in question was me checking up on my memories once I hit a posting window. I reached the conclusion I did, found that nothing had meaningfully changed since my last brief perusal session, and so I voted accordingly.
~ Edible
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:33 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 92, Kilgamayan wrote:Of all the presences in the thread so far, VOTE: Wavelength sticks in my mind the least by a fair amount.
In post 103, Kilgamayan wrote: The lacking substance felt more viscerally bad than continued ED1 silliness.
In post 106, Kilgamayan wrote: It may surprise you that I also subscribe to not being a huge fan of Day 1 lurker votes!

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 106, Kilgamayan wrote: It may surprise you that I also subscribe to not being a huge fan of Day 1 lurker votes! If my vote is still there for the same reasons when we're a lot closer to the end of the day, I'll be at least as worried about it as you appear to be. But, to me, that's a concern for then; right now, I'm willing to give !science a little bit of slack to see if the behavior changes, I actively feel varying degrees of good about everyone else, and it's still early on Day 1, so my vote is where it is.
In post 105, catboi wrote: Also, you were going through a mental exercise of the player list in your head on Page 3?
Yes, actually. With the way my personal schedule works, I am able to briefly peruse the game thread from time to time during the daytime, but actual posting windows come later, once work is over for the day and there's a lull in domestic responsibilities. The exercise in question was me checking up on my memories once I hit a posting window. I reached the conclusion I did, found that nothing had meaningfully changed since my last brief perusal session, and so I voted accordingly.
If we voted Wavelength to e-1 right now, would you unvote them?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by catboi »

I know I asked people to exercise restrain but this is perhaps too much restraint lol
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 109, catboi wrote: I know I asked people to exercise restrain but this is perhaps too much restraint lol
i am high my friend

i want to murder cakez still
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Omg nice to meet you high Im cakez
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Will notscience make a town post? Find out tomorrow
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 1.02
SirCakez (1):
Lady Lambdadelta
Syryana (1):
notscience
Kilgamayan (3):
Wavelength, Ydrasse, Syryana
notscience (1):
SirCakez
Wavelength (1):
Kilgamayan

Not Voting:
catboi, Dunnstral

With 9 remaining, 5 to eliminate

deadline
(expired on 2023-03-14 21:38:24)
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 108, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 106, Kilgamayan wrote: It may surprise you that I also subscribe to not being a huge fan of Day 1 lurker votes! If my vote is still there for the same reasons when we're a lot closer to the end of the day, I'll be at least as worried about it as you appear to be. But, to me, that's a concern for then; right now, I'm willing to give !science a little bit of slack to see if the behavior changes, I actively feel varying degrees of good about everyone else, and it's still early on Day 1, so my vote is where it is.
No. I have sufficient faith that a hypothetical town-on-town quickhammer would not come to pass, and all of the other results are beneficial long term.
~ Edible
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think that Syryana could be mafia

In post they have the elimination set between Kilga and Sircakez; I believe other people started this first but there is a sense of rushing the day here that I don't really understand.

In post they agree with Catboi that I am town. For Catboi I am assuming a healthy (?) dose of meta was used to come to that conclusion as I only have 3 posts at this point; and 4 when Syryana agrees. But I don't know how Syryana came to that conclusion; I haven't played with them as much, I see a 2021 game and then all the way back to 2017, so it's got to be on stuff I posted in the thread, and it feels like the read came out too quickly to me.

indicates suspicion on notscience but they then vote sircakez and kilga after instead

In post I'm not sure how they are so confident

Post is again a feeling of rushing

In conclusion: Seems "sus"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 114, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 108, Dunnstral wrote:
No. I have sufficient faith that a hypothetical town-on-town quickhammer would not come to pass, and all of the other results are beneficial long term.
But you said that if your vote was there near end of day it should be cause for concern, right?

It seems like you are fine with running up Wavelength now, which seems at odds with you not being a huge fan of lurker votes, but then also thinking they are usually mafia. Your logic doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure how you think voting Wavelength at end of day is bad but running them up to elimination right now is fine.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:49 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, are you asking me why voting for someone Early Day 1 for Early Day 1 reasons is different from voting for someone Late Day 1 for Early Day 1 reasons? If that's not what you're asking, can you clarify what you are asking so I can answer you better?
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:16 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh, a distinction should probably be made between "player that doesn't post very much" and "player who lacks meaningful presence". I had the former in mind with my Day 1 Lurker Votes comment. My vote for Wavelength is for the latter reason.
~ Edible
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:47 am

Post by catboi »

In post 112, SirCakez wrote:Will notscience make a town post? Find out tomorrow
he's having fun, cakez. why do you hate fun?????
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:27 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 118, Kilgamayan wrote: Oh, a distinction should probably be made between "player that doesn't post very much" and "player who lacks meaningful presence". I had the former in mind with my Day 1 Lurker Votes comment. My vote for Wavelength is for the latter reason.

In post 106, Kilgamayan wrote: It may surprise you that I also subscribe to not being a huge fan of Day 1 lurker votes!
If my vote is still there for the same reasons
when we're a lot closer to the end of the day, I'll be at least as worried about it as you appear to be.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:48 am

Post by Syryana »

zzz
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:01 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 117, Kilgamayan wrote: Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, are you asking me why voting for someone Early Day 1 for Early Day 1 reasons is different from voting for someone Late Day 1 for Early Day 1 reasons? If that's not what you're asking, can you clarify what you are asking so I can answer you better?
You are willing to vote them out now, I am wondering why it is different if they are run up now or if nothing happens and you vote for somebody else later.
In post 118, Kilgamayan wrote: Oh, a distinction should probably be made between "player that doesn't post very much" and "player who lacks meaningful presence". I had the former in mind with my Day 1 Lurker Votes comment. My vote for Wavelength is for the latter reason.
As Wavelength points out; what is up with the first half of your post then? You don't seem to be making that distinction there.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:09 am

Post by notscience »

Wow it’s almost like notty has spent the entire game day in some form of intoxication and didn’t feel like doing things yet
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:57 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

A
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”