Mini Normal 2294: Monkey Business (Endgame)

Magical Girl
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Magical Girl »

All right I'm on my computer now so let me actually respond to things properly.

@Salsabil Faria

In post 174, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 143, Magical Girl wrote: Gotta love these so-called “catch up” post that are unnecessarily long, filled with one-line responses, and provide little to no content. Colored text and broken tags are just bonus.
Do you give reasoning or??
What if I tell you it’s gut feeling?
About my question, thanks for the reply, I just wanted to know what was the reason behind those reads... not sure why you took that negatively.
That one I didn't mean to snark, so sorry if it looked that way. It would be a weird move to comment about your catch up having no content and then shut your attempt at asking questions, so I assure you I didn't take that negatively.
I think I explained it eventually but I had Elsa content as null (because overly self-aware player being overly self-aware is NAI), but townread by gut.

The no-content longpost one I 100% meant to snark because that's a typical scum entrance of "post bunch of things with no content to make oneself look like one's doing something." So I intentionally worded that part snarky and aggressive as a two-toned reaction check to see which part of my aggro post you respond to and how. I see that it was perhaps too aggressive to the point you don't want to interact with me anymore, so I'll own up and say that I'm sorry. I had the whole thing planned for you but I'll simply use a different approach for you instead.

I don't have a read on you so I'm going to let you do your thing for now.

@Ausuka
In post 203, Ausuka wrote: Ok well give me your in depth readslist and I'll follow up with one too lol ^.^
You know what, I changed my mind. I'll provide mine, so you provide yours.

Comus

I don't think anyone disagree with this guy being at least a townlean, but dude's locktown. Y'all can all go wishy-washy and "oh but what if" this and "oh but what if" that. It would be very hard to ignore this dude's breaming towniness.

So what's this dude is going for is basically he's "theorycrafted" in page 2. There are town that does that, and there are scum that does that.
To understand why this guy is town, we need to see what makes each alignment do above. Town does this because they lack knowledge that mafia has. Mafia does this so that they don't have to lock into a read as long as possible. Because mafia wants as many ways as possible for them to twist the narrative. So what Comus did actually fits both description. But hey, Magical Girl, you said this dude breams in towniness! What gives?! The next thing we should look at is, "which alignment is more likely to pull off whatever he did?" I think everyone with a common sense would realize that weaving wild stories Phoenix Wright style against a player would provoke an aggro from not only the player he targets but others who read that and agrees with the said player that the stories are too wild. In other words, I think the things he've done is just too aggressive to come from scum. The only way I'd see Comus pulling this as scum is when he knew Elsa Jay is a very self-aware player and would be able to drag the whole thread to apathy by going on pointless 1v1, but looking at the dude, he joined at February 21, 2023 and only has 69 posts so far (nice). So I pretty much locktowned him right then.

On top of that, he's trying his best to continuously point out contradictions and suspicions. I'm sorry but I can't not see him anything other than town who's scumhunting to the best of his abilities.

Ausuka

You should be glad that I'm actually putting effort to write all this just so I can get a better read on you. I never write this much in any of my games so please do not expect me to do this ever again. Can't really alignment-read 76 when that kind of thing just tends to be the natural reaction. You're clearly doing things. But how should I put this? It's too natural? Like, textbook plays, no offence.
I can't read textbook players worth a jack. I do townread you slightly via gut feeling though.

Elsa Jay

Despite my gut townread, I was going to vote the hell out of her if she was going to only tunnel Comus for the rest of the day phase (because that's what scum would to do not actually do anything while looking like doing something). She didn't, so I won't be voting her. 263 was aight. I'm still trying to decide if I want to fall for 267's "I totally wouldn't say this as scum." I'll sleep on it.

geraintm

I didn't like him at first because I didn't like the way he attempted to shut Comus down too early. And then the back-and-forth with Comus provided 0 game-related information, because it was really geraintm being baited by Comus' playstyle. But then he dropped the silly 1v1 and his posts became better. He's looking at things that weirds him out, so I guess that's a plus. Ok maybe I don't really townread him as much as I used to. He did say D1 is not his cup of tea though, so I'm willing to wait til D2. Besides, I think there are far more better elimination options anyway.

Enchant

Has 36 posts. Magically has two reads. I think I understand why Enchant belongs in the magical girl category. I don't have the context of that Kawaii-scum read so I'm just going to call it bad with no context. Normally I would be more worried but we have two people in this game who claims to be able to read this player with very high success rate. So I'm willing to follow them. I mean, what's the chance of
both
players who claims to be able to read this person be mafia??? Also, still sold on that Gimli's meme case.

Gimli

Dude's crazy. Like T3 crazy. That's my first impression of him. 34 is when I started giving him townpoints. "I know you beat me but I'm gonna fall again" comes from more town than scum, because scum can easily set on "you beat me so I don't trust you no mo" and just sit on that for a very long time without drawing too much attention. It's a very minor thing. But hey, I like looking for subtle things like that. (Fun fact: I also thrive in being embarrased about being wrong after writing stuff like this don't kink shame uwu)

From now on, I enter the uncharted category of his swerve of madness-inducing posts. Many of these are solely based on my conjecture of what the fuck this guy is up to.
So I actually have no idea how much of the truth he's claiming about his ability to read Enchant correctly. He may be telling the turth about his confidence, but then his reaction test with a meme case on Enchant (I think it has to be a reaction test given how he backpedaled that?) suggests otherwise. But then 294 exists so... I don't know. His last few posts are too appeasing to me. Probably not alignment indicative, but I don't like how appeasy those looked. I think overall his posts are just townleaning than scumleaning. I guess, though, after rereading thru his posts I'm not townreading him as hard as I was before. Also, 298 is going to be hella interesting piece of a post if Elsa flips scum.

Magical Girl

I admit, I did the thing. I secretly looked at her role PM. Was it an accident? I cannot say. I can only plead the fifth. But I am willing to share that her role PM had a green color.

KawaiiKame

Looks as confused as their avatar in general. 181 readlist 100% was formed on the spot upon being asked. This looks less faked and more flow of thoughts though, which is more town indicative than whatnot. A lot of their other posts are... well... completely missing the point of things they're responding to. Being conscious of who's voting them is noted. Overall though, I feel like this player is just lost and trying to get a grasp of what is going on here, and I think it's more town thing. I think scum in same situation would try to appeal more about how they're lost. So I think I like this person as leaning town.

Nono

His views on Elsa pretty much sums up what anyone who hasn't seen Elsa would think. I think his "catch up" post is better than some others have made, but... the conclusion he made is like, can be easily made by anyone. It's simply an easy take. So unfortunately, I can't really use that as anything alignment indicative. So for now, he's null, but on the better side of null. For now. Dude has 4 posts.

Salsabil Faria

As I said above, I need more going on so I'm going to give her a few days before I solidify. I'm leaning on a direction so I don't have her as null, but I'm going to intentionally hide it for now. (See: different approach) So for all purposes and whatnot, she's a null.

Kokichi Oma

Dude's failing at his only job, which is drawing aggro and being a villain. 2/10 character roleplay. His sole focus is on Enchant (was, as he voted Ausuka while I was writing this) so if he disappoints me after that promised page 20 I'm willing to drop the thunder and vote out this clown.

Dionysus
In post 156, Dionysus wrote: I'm going to read the rest and do some detailed thoughts but this is gonna take more concentration than I realised for the start of a game.
Still waiting on this. At this moment I'm also willing to vote out this drunk.
(And yes his "catchup post" was even more atrocious than Salsabil's. But I only let that slide because he promised some "detailed thoughts.")

nepenthe
In post 285, nepenthe wrote: hi guys, catching up on (twelve???) pages but if one person can give me a good reason to townread them while i review, i'll trust you 4L.
The only post this player has made.

"So Magical Girl. You don't have a scumread? What the fuck?"
:shrug: As I said before, I priotize finding 7 correct townreads so. Also, it has only been 2 days :P
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by Magical Girl »

Wow look at this clown.
She wrote her first wall post in 10 years of mafiascum dot net.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

The Great Wall of Magical Girl
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Vote Count 1.0.2

Gimli (3) geraintm, Enchant, Salsabil Faria,
Elsa Jay (3) Ausuka, Nono, Comus

Enchant (2) Magical Girl, Gimli,

Kokichi Oma (1) KawaiiKame
Ausuka (1) Kokichi Oma,
Comus (1) Elsa Jay,

Not Voting (2) Dionysus, nepenthe,

With 13 players it takes 7 to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-03-15 21:26:00)
Imprefection is the spice of life.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:14 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

M0NKE
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:15 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 350, Magical Girl wrote: So what's this dude is going for is basically he's "theorycrafted" in page 2
What did Comus theorycraft in Page 2?
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: none

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by nepenthe »

In post 286, Ausuka wrote:
In post 285, nepenthe wrote: hi guys, catching up on (twelve???) pages but if one person can give me a good reason to townread them while i review, i'll trust you 4L.
I'm a frog
as a member of the lgbtq+, this endears you to me automatically so i guess
permanent tr on this person
even though i wanna townread the one who said they wish they were a frog, too. anyway!
In post 26, Comus wrote: Dionysus, nepenthe, Enchant, Ausuka, do you all agree with me? Seven people cleared, how do you feel about this? Please share. It must be a reach. Nono, are you village? If you are village what you think about what Gimli said?

(Ah! Nepenthe is a word??? A drug of forgetfulness! Thank you for teaching me :eek: )
even after rereading, i'm still not sure how they rationalized clearing seven people but i think them doing that is inherently... neutral? it doesn't seem towny, it doesn't seem scummy, it seems like engagement bait which i think is obvious but let me keep reading them. (glad i could intro you to my favorite word, too. :good:)

off top, because i'm pretty sleepy so no one is getting my Very Best right now: i do think comus is town, i saw someone (elsa?) saying a thing to the effect of "comus is setting up for future shade" and i just don't see how or why you're thinking that/where it comes from but i'll counter it: comus reads as genuine to me in that they're doing what i do, which is trying to talk through their thoughts and gain external feedback that'll either solidify or dismantle what they're thinking. as scum, i wholeheartedly feel like they would've been less generous with the whole "it's a reach" thing and used gimil's initial statement to try and start a push on one of the nonspeakers instead, which could then be traced back to gimil over them and absolve them in the event that they
are
scum and gimil is town, which also assumes they're not mafia together? but it wouldn't make sense to pair them as scum either because their interactions don't feel like scum x scum to me. praying 2 multiple gods that this all makes sense, i'll be more coherent after i sleep. :]
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:35 pm

Post by nepenthe »

i reread and i repeated myself like six times, it's BAD for me.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:41 pm

Post by nepenthe »

In post 150, Gimli wrote: you're all quite antagonistic and passionate so I think you're all townies.
are we allowed to triple post in here or no? anyway: this is so lazy, calling it a "nuanced" read is also lazy and feels like trying to get out of admitting that it's a nothing read, it's filler meant to endear you to people. with someone that i assume has as much experience as you do with this game, i think you know better than to guess that "antagonism" and "passion" are 1. inherently towny or worse still, 2. alignment indicative at all. these things can be faked and more importantly, these things can also be completely sincere/genuine while still coming from a scum perspective. like...?
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:41 pm

Post by nepenthe »

In post 150, Gimli wrote: you're all quite antagonistic and passionate so I think you're all townies.
are we allowed to triple post in here or no? anyway: this is so lazy, calling it a "nuanced" read is also lazy and feels like trying to get out of admitting that it's a nothing read, it's filler meant to endear you to people. with someone that i assume has as much experience as you do with this game, i think you know better than to guess that "antagonism" and "passion" are 1. inherently towny or worse still, 2. alignment indicative at all. these things can be faked and more importantly, these things can also be completely sincere/genuine while still coming from a scum perspective. like...?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:07 pm

Post by Gimli »

Do we like the T3 Guy around here?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:08 pm

Post by Gimli »

All the people picking on me for calling all the posters towny are interesting. I think the first ones doing that were ok cause there wasn't much to talk about but nepenthe doing that stinks
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

my experience with enchant: doctor game 9er = easy early tr. 2019 game = scum, was calling him scum practically alone. HMS mutiny = scum, spent a good chunk of the game alone trying to wagon him. abloaf = town, easy early townread.

was there more games together, enchant?

yeah the confidence is real and enchant is still solidly in his scum range
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:17 pm

Post by Gimli »

ofc in buisness I just had tmi that enchant was town and I thought it was really funny how people couldn't tell (he was wagoned and misflipped there with me tmi defending him)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:23 pm

Post by Gimli »

re: 'antagonism' and 'passion' not being inherently towny. its funny how when we characterize something (like calling elsa's defense passionate) we diminish what the thing is to then discuss the word used to describe it. yes antagonism and passion aren't inherently towny; they're just words I'm using to describe what I'm perceiving as towny interactions.

IDK why I expect nepenthe to do better than this tired read but since nepenthe expects me to be an experienced player then I'll retribute the compliment
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:54 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 362, Gimli wrote: my experience with enchant: doctor game 9er = easy early tr. 2019 game = scum, was calling him scum practically alone. HMS mutiny = scum, spent a good chunk of the game alone trying to wagon him. abloaf = town, easy early townread.

was there more games together, enchant?

yeah the confidence is real and enchant is still solidly in his scum range
You have skill issue
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:55 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 365, Enchant wrote:
You have skill issue
are you calling me town?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 319, Gimli wrote: VOTE: dio
catching up this morning

i don't understand this vote.

[btw, i normally try and associate players with their icons, so everytime someone says Gimli the last person i associate that with is Gwen Stefani]
In post 327, Gimli wrote: VOTE: enchant
what on earth about Enchant's post made you vote for them?
In post 338, Gimli wrote: I think scum is in (nepenthe, enchant, salsabil, kokichi). and I think you're burning up your attention on tvts.
how many scum? all 3, 2 or just 1?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:03 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 339, Gimli wrote: add dio to scum list

so, scum are in Dionysis, nepenthe, enchant, salsabil and kokichi? you think 3 out of the 5, or a safer 2 out of 5 or a terrible 1 out of 5?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

please associate me with gwen stefani
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:04 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 347, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 296, Kokichi Oma wrote: No one is scumreading me yet. Why aren't I getting scumreads? I've hardly done anything to solve the game. Shouldn't someone be picking on me already?

UNVOTE: Nono
VOTE: Kokichi
is this a joke post? because we should be past joke and a rando votes by now
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:05 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 348, Kokichi Oma wrote: VOTE: Ausuka

Easy
again, another vote i don't understand

is everyone else got access to another thread for this game where people are writing totally different stuff, because i don't get anyone?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 368, geraintm wrote:
In post 339, Gimli wrote: add dio to scum list

so, scum are in Dionysis, nepenthe, enchant, salsabil and kokichi? you think 3 out of the 5, or a safer 2 out of 5 or a terrible 1 out of 5?
dio: failed to launch which I think is a scummy thing. like starting to read and then 'omg this game is too much' and then going mia
nepenthe: didn't post anything so it was >rand scum since the posters were towny. didn't like much of their stuff either once they did post, but not a strong read either way.
enchant: is scum
salsabil: idk but nothing reads as towny
kokichi: playing too much from the sidelines when kokichi loooooves the attention might be a scum thing

also there are FIVE scums? that seems like a high number.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 370, geraintm wrote:
In post 347, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 296, Kokichi Oma wrote: No one is scumreading me yet. Why aren't I getting scumreads? I've hardly done anything to solve the game. Shouldn't someone be picking on me already?

UNVOTE: Nono
VOTE: Kokichi
is this a joke post? because we should be past joke and a rando votes by now
I semi feel this is Kokichi indicating being scum, Idek tho
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 353, MegAzumarill wrote:

Vote Count 1.0.2

Gimli (3) geraintm, Enchant, Salsabil Faria,
Elsa Jay (3) Ausuka, Nono, Comus

Enchant (2) Magical Girl, Gimli,

Kokichi Oma (1) KawaiiKame
Ausuka (1) Kokichi Oma,
Comus (1) Elsa Jay,

Not Voting (2) Dionysus, nepenthe,

With 13 players it takes 7 to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-03-15 21:26:00)
so, in the aim of getting day 1 over with as quick as possible VOTE: Elsa Jay
i will continue for the rest of today to follow the wisdom of the crowd

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”