Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:10 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 314, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: I actually am going to go ahead and do

VOTE: Gimli

I have a few questions for you:

1 - Is your hated modifier for all phases or just this one
2 - Imagine you were in the nightmare, what invention would you choose and why?
3 - How is your read on temporallich developing
4 - What is your take on how empath voted enchant. What do you think about the interactions surrounding his vote on enchant
5 - Who would you vote to hurt right now? Please write one sentence about each.

We need to verify your alibi, please show us your e-handbook!

you know how hard it is to actually flip me - modifier or not - so I'll take the vote as a >rand town thing?

1 - I'm hated yeah, I think it's throughout the game;
2 - I'd choose a vigilante kill to shred the POE whenever I get to make a POE;
3 - I think lich is towny;
4 - I think empatrice is kinda towny;
5 - I have no idea? but I like botanical rat as town.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:27 pm

Post by Enchant »

Gimli does it work in ELO
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:32 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm pretty sure it works in ELO
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:33 pm

Post by Gimli »

I understand some of you must be thinking 'well gimli is negative utility for town we can't keep him alive in ELO' and you'd be right

but hated is only part of my role, you know what I'm saying? you should keep me around :)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:35 pm

Post by Enchant »

well gimli is negative utility for town we can't keep him alive in ELO
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:56 pm

Post by Gimli »

kyoko do you need me obvtowning the game?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

some of the questions kyoko made to me are not gonna provide answers that help her figure out my alignment

idk why she'd be suspicious of me being hated? I understand the modguess that this is a town role is too much, but like being suspicious about my role is a bit ????

I'm retracting my idea that her push was a >rand town thing, I think given the questions and the places where the suspicion is allegedly coming from, I think it can be a >rand scum thing instead
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:11 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

Who said I'm suspicious of you because you're hated? That question was asked for another reason

I have some follow up questions:

1 - What you think about FN invention. What you think about what was discussed before in game about FN vs Vig as invention?
2 - What changed your mind about lich?
3 - Elaborate on your read on empath if you can. I want you talk a bit about your take on that interaction
4 - why you think botanical rat is town?
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:15 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 331, Gimli wrote:I think given the questions and the places where the suspicion is allegedly coming from, I think it can be a >rand scum thing instead
This is probably your first analysis of any slot in this game thread and I actually welcome it. So far you reacted vote to lich for something I feel town you would be more hesitant/analytical about, you threw some rand commentary about feeling good about most slots with almost no elaboration. The last one was about someone voting for you to be in nightmare without even sharing anything about how they read you.

Thats why I want to see you talk more about your reads. It seems so shallow that I think its very likely that your published perspective in this game thread is entirely forged.

I want you to explain why you think me asking these questions is me being rand scum and why where my suspicious is not towny in your mind.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:18 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 332, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: Who said I'm suspicious of you because you're hated? That question was asked for another reason

I have some follow up questions:

1 - What you think about FN invention. What you think about what was discussed before in game about FN vs Vig as invention?
2 - What changed your mind about lich?
3 - Elaborate on your read on empath if you can. I want you talk a bit about your take on that interaction
4 - why you think botanical rat is town?
1 - FN is crap I prefer killing people personally.
2 - I voted lich for one thing, his 'lamist' read. he read me saying 'im town' as literally lamist, and I think that was wild. he kept posting and feels like genuinely solving things so he is alright now.
3 - I will in a bit
4 - I will in a bit
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:20 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

and the part where I asked about the hated modifier, I asked cause you have to clarify it with mod and you need to tell us if you're town. It can have a huge impact on game if we're not careful about it. You did not go the extra mile to claim the details about it so I thought its best if I ask you to share more details or clarify it with mod if you don't know those details yourself too.

For example, there might be a secret voter or double voter somewhere as we already see there are other types of vote manipulation. So we need to be careful about how a wagon against you is formed in all conditions. And if you get close to late game, we need to consider your hated modifier impact on final elimination.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by Gimli »

I don't need to clarify with the mod if it works in ELO because it's clear from how it's phrased in my role PM that it works throughout the game.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:21 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

Why is FN crap? elaborate on your thought process, please

talk to me about some instances of solving you saw from lich that changed your mind. Help me see through your mind process about where and when you changed your mind about him
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:22 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 336, Gimli wrote: I don't need to clarify with the mod if it works in ELO because it's clear from how it's phrased in my role PM that it works throughout the game.
Sure thing

I was just explaining why I asked the question since you were concerned about why I asked
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by Gimli »

you're really gonna make me have to play this d1 aren't you kyoko

hood <<<< vig, no? why would you prefer a hood over a vig instead?
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:26 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

A friendly neighbor is not a hood. Friendly neighbor targets another slot and they receive a message knowing the one who targetted them is town.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:27 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

We just had a game that ended in which I was a friendly neighbor (well a modified one in which the target player would know I could win with them not that I was town). That is why you saying FN is totally crap feels really out of place actually
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:27 pm

Post by Gimli »

I just skimmed lich and there's a lot of gamesolving content, though this seems wildly different from when he was town in ab:loaf. he seems to be playing more polished competent thoughts, pushing things that look correct. probably just a townie playing well but could be informed scum knowing how to post as scum.

this is the kinds of reads you're gonna get from me this early, kyoko.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:28 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 340, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: A friendly neighbor is not a hood. Friendly neighbor targets another slot and they receive a message knowing the one who targetted them is town.
ah see I didn't know this. I thought it'd just be a neighborizing thing. I guess if it's a cop check ability then it's really good and better than a vig, then.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:31 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

In post 342, Gimli wrote: I just skimmed lich and there's a lot of gamesolving content, though this seems wildly different from when he was town in ab:loaf. he seems to be playing more polished competent thoughts, pushing things that look correct. probably just a townie playing well but could be informed scum knowing how to post as scum.

this is the kinds of reads you're gonna get from me this early, kyoko.
Yeah this is good. I'm not asking you to solidify a read. I just wanna see how you're thinking about stuff.

That is actually how I see him too actually
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:33 pm

Post by Gimli »

also re: lich there was nothing to 'change my mind' from. I didn't like one push he made, it came from a place I didn't understand and it's very different from the types of pushes he was making in ab:loaf anyway, so I don't agree that it's suspicious that I'm doubting his lamist read.

in ab:loaf he literally pushed someone for claiming miller in opening post, then called you and koki scum scum mindset probably scummy with no rhyme or reason, it was kind of all over the place. the lamist comment is a more deliberate well reasoned push, it's much different from ab:loaf behaviour wise.
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

posting nonsensical reads like saying me and kokichi are same people and then sticking to it to the point of death was what he did in abloaf.
I'm not sure how he randomly calling a post lamist is worse than that in your mind
I feel like he had been trying to not play like abloaf here actively, but you can still see traces of that somewhat stubborn playstyle still.

Thats why I was thinking you went too easy against him.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:40 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 201, Botanical Rat wrote: I don't want to place a serious vote until I hear from bianco, but I definitely have one in mind
In post 206, Botanical Rat wrote:
In post 202, Gimli wrote:
In post 201, Botanical Rat wrote: I don't want to place a serious vote until I hear from bianco, but I definitely have one in mind
I want you to talk about this RR

who you wanna vote?
DragonEater. I think his tone is off, and his assertion that being hated only makes sense as Town is very silly. I think he could potentially be attempting to pocket you
my townlean on botanical rat comes more from this. I said how the 'dont wanna place a serious vote until bianco shows up' feels organically like a townie hydra, and I was satisfied with his suspicion of dragoneater and agreed with his reasoning. I agree saying hated = town is jumping too hard on conclusions with no evidence to back it up.

its really thin anyway

are there more slots you want me to talk about?

also I'm townleaning this back and forth with you cause when you're scum you just go 'you'll always be my potato' and other things designed to pocket me
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 346, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote: posting nonsensical reads like saying me and kokichi are same people and then sticking to it to the point of death was what he did in abloaf.
I'm not sure how he randomly calling a post lamist is worse than that in your mind
I feel like he had been trying to not play like abloaf here actively, but you can still see traces of that somewhat stubborn playstyle still.

Thats why I was thinking you went too easy against him.
I wouldn't say him calling me lamist was random, there was a reasoning there, I just find the reasoning to be quite artificial and could come from scum. if he just called me lamist randomly taht'd look like his town game I think.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:14 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 333, Kyoko Kirigiri wrote:
In post 331, Gimli wrote:I think given the questions and the places where the suspicion is allegedly coming from, I think it can be a >rand scum thing instead
This is probably your first analysis of any slot in this game thread and I actually welcome it. So far you reacted vote to lich for something I feel town you would be more hesitant/analytical about, you threw some rand commentary about feeling good about most slots with almost no elaboration. The last one was about someone voting for you to be in nightmare without even sharing anything about how they read you.

Thats why I want to see you talk more about your reads. It seems so shallow that I think its very likely that your published perspective in this game thread is entirely forged.

I want you to explain why you think me asking these questions is me being rand scum and why where my suspicious is not towny in your mind.
Fully agreed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”