Micro 1071: MafiaInFreezer v2023 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 2.02
Ydrasse (1):
Kilgamayan
Lady Lambdadelta (1):
Lady Lambdadelta

Not Voting:
Ydrasse, Syryana, Dunnstral, notscience, catboi

With 7 remaining, 4 to eliminate

deadline
(expired on 2023-03-22 21:47:33)
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

yeah my bad
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 398, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 397, catboi wrote: I don't want to be the fucking bully here I'm just trying to play the game where my head has not been in it but clearly this approach is not helpful. I would prefer to give you space because clearly this right now is unhelpful and unpleasant for everyone involved so I'm going to limit my engagement here for now. Hopefully in the future we can both be in a spot to have actual dialogue.
you're not the bully somehting is just WRONG with me.

okay?

this isn't you this is me osmething is wrong with me
well I'm sorry

but I'd prefer for you to not play against wincon because you're having problems but I also want you to not feel this way so I'm going to break this off and stop posting for tonight. I think you would do well to log off and come back at a later time. Best wishes.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:25 pm

look you want the whole everything i've been feeling all day?

seeing cakez go "i'm quitting mafia" fucking broke my soul, alright? cakez has had this marked problem since the game we referenced in this game where Cabd killed them day 1 where people don't even give them a chance and so when i backed off i assumed there would be space to give reasons later because i wasn't feeling up to posting why i felt cakez was town all of a sudden

but then the quick hammer crew came and i just had to come back to a locked thread and watch cakez die and write all that

so i think okay i'll feel guilty as shit for being the fucking singular person who shoved cakez into that position and made them want to quit because i'm a piece of shit who couldn't even gather enough energy to save the fucking person when i did change my mind. it'd be one thing if it was a wrong read but i just let them down. I let them down and i feel completely demoralized.

so tried being ANGRY instead. Getting upset with Notty for hammering but he was just trying to have fun too and he's my friend so getting ANGRY didn't work so i just got EMPTY. so so so so empty. posting in this game became a herculean trial. i get prodded multiple times including the one today and so i'm like okay okay i have to do something so i cmoe back in read the thread and it's just "oh LLD probably was just being scum and not trying very hard" and it hit my guilt all over again but then i saw the apology to cakez and i was like i can't even apologize. i was the one responsible for making this friend of mine want to quit mafia and i can't do anything about it and now i have to try and defend myself about it?

i can't. i couldn't. i... it's too much.

something is wrong with me and it's my fault.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:29 pm

unvote

i'm sorry i made more problems for everyone

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 403, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:so i think okay i'll feel guilty as shit for being the fucking singular person who shoved cakez into that position and made them want to quit because i'm a piece of shit who couldn't even gather enough energy to save the fucking person when i did change my mind. it'd be one thing if it was a wrong read but i just let them down. I let them down and i feel completely demoralized.

so tried being ANGRY instead. Getting upset with Notty for hammering but he was just trying to have fun too and he's my friend so getting ANGRY didn't work so i just got EMPTY. so so so so empty. posting in this game became a herculean trial. i get prodded multiple times including the one today and so i'm like okay okay i have to do something so i cmoe back in read the thread and it's just "oh LLD probably was just being scum and not trying very hard" and it hit my guilt all over again but then i saw the apology to cakez and i was like i can't even apologize. i was the one responsible for making this friend of mine want to quit mafia and i can't do anything about it and now i have to try and defend myself about it?
I think there's a collective responsibility thing here and I don't think you're solely to blame, i was part of the problem too. I think it's important to recognize that while a mistake was made beating yourself up excessively doesn't accomplish anything.

It's game. People make mistakes as part of the game. Most of us try to pretend like we know what we're doing but really we're throwing darts blindfolded. sometimes you're wrong and there are things you could have done better but we can talk it out with him postgame and try to make amends but for now we have to keep playing.

I feel like I'm spending too wrong writing stuff like this but like. It's going to be okay. Don't take this so seriously. That's all I want to say.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by notscience »

^ that

I’ve tried to type like three different Responses but nothing really encapsulates my thoughts
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

At the risk of seeming cold and uncaring, I'm taking the last page and a half as NAI for everyone involved. The claim is noted, but that's it. Any further commentary seems beyond the scope of the game and better suited for postgame, where everyone can trust that everyone else is coming from an honest, well-wishing place.

Ydra: I can ask a few questions, then, if it'll help you sort out where I'm coming from.

- Can you explain the evolution of your stance on Syr? He went from a Top 2 suspicion in 188 to not being mentioned at all in 307 to being a proposed wolf buddy with me in 325. Why did these changes happen?
- Can you explain your current desire to vote for me? Is it still only Early Day 1 stuff? If not, how has it evolved?
- Can you explain where you stand on !science and Dunnstral at the moment? You seemed interested in pursuing one or both of them in 307 but either of them being a wolf is logically incongruous with the idea of a Kilga/Syr wolf team unless the roles are so madness that we're in 4T/3W today
and
a misyeet is somehow not the end of the game.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 351, Syryana wrote:
In post 347, notscience wrote: What are the concerns w Dunn
I really really really hated his final post pre-Night1 after you hammered Cakez. I'm rereading it now to figure out why I hated it so much but I definitely felt it was performative

Pedit holy shit beetlejuice
Sometimes I just start explaining everything I'm thinking without it being asked for. And other people are invited to comment.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 369, catboi wrote: hot take:

VOTE: LLD

I think she's not been towny where other people have exhibited some signs and in the back of my mind I have been thinking the wavelength kill makes sense as a low info kill.
When you are comfortable talking about this again, why do you associate low-info kill with LLD
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 407, Kilgamayan wrote:At the risk of seeming cold and uncaring, I'm taking the last page and a half as NAI for everyone involved. The claim is noted, but that's it. Any further commentary seems beyond the scope of the game and better suited for postgame, where everyone can trust that everyone else is coming from an honest, well-wishing place.
That is correct as far as I go but I still had stance I took and you can evaluate me on those
In post 409, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 369, catboi wrote: hot take:

VOTE: LLD

I think she's not been towny where other people have exhibited some signs and in the back of my mind I have been thinking the wavelength kill makes sense as a low info kill.
When you are comfortable talking about this again, why do you associate low-info kill with LLD
because I had figured most people are more straightforward and kill someone who's generally townread, she'd be more likely to make a kill based on how it might influence the gamestate.

I dunno how much I want to commit to that right now, I clearly need to ponder things a bit more
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by catboi »

I did have similar doubts to syr on that dunn post
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by notscience »

I’m checking in but I don’t have the spoons for this tonight I’m sorry
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 411, catboi wrote: I did have similar doubts to syr on that dunn post
I feel like it's not uncommon for me to make posts like that, do you disagree with that?

I'm not understanding the pushback
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Syryana »

I have an idea what the problem is with your post Dunn, but before I talk about it I'd like catboi to elaborate on his doubts
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 410, catboi wrote:
In post 407, Kilgamayan wrote:At the risk of seeming cold and uncaring, I'm taking the last page and a half as NAI for everyone involved. The claim is noted, but that's it. Any further commentary seems beyond the scope of the game and better suited for postgame, where everyone can trust that everyone else is coming from an honest, well-wishing place.
That is correct as far as I go but I still had stance I took and you can evaluate me on those
Of course. I actually don't disagree with the core point about the switch to Wavelength; it is, in fact, something I myself have dabbled with in the past as a wolf. I also agree with the loose playstyle assessment - there's very little in LLD's iso that I would qualify as explained justifications for statements made and actions taken. The main thing staying my hand is that I don't know if this is indicative of Wolf LLD ahead of Town LLD that wanted to kick back and have some casual Mafia fun with friends.
~ Edible
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Ydrasse »

so uh
hi everyone
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:32 am

Post by notscience »

v/la until Sunday

I will try to do things I just don’t think I’m a healthy headspace to interact with the game due to RL stuff
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 407, Kilgamayan wrote: At the risk of seeming cold and uncaring, I'm taking the last page and a half as NAI for everyone involved. The claim is noted, but that's it. Any further commentary seems beyond the scope of the game and better suited for postgame, where everyone can trust that everyone else is coming from an honest, well-wishing place.

Ydra: I can ask a few questions, then, if it'll help you sort out where I'm coming from.

- Can you explain the evolution of your stance on Syr? He went from a Top 2 suspicion in 188 to not being mentioned at all in 307 to being a proposed wolf buddy with me in 325. Why did these changes happen?
- Can you explain your current desire to vote for me? Is it still only Early Day 1 stuff? If not, how has it evolved?
- Can you explain where you stand on !science and Dunnstral at the moment? You seemed interested in pursuing one or both of them in 307 but either of them being a wolf is logically incongruous with the idea of a Kilga/Syr wolf team unless the roles are so madness that we're in 4T/3W today
and
a misyeet is somehow not the end of the game.
i checked out of the game again but i’ll reply to these tonight. i forgot that you asked me :dead:
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Well.

On non-Ydrasse matters:

- I would be willing to vote for LLD due to generally lacking discussable explanations for stances throughout the game. Beyond that, I'd actually be willing to catboi as well, who my brain has sort of filed as LLD Lite. There's more meaningful content there but nothing about it stands out as clearly coming from town.
- I'm going to need the on Dunnstral explained to me, because I don't see it at present. The presentation of looks basically the same as the presentation of , and generally Dunn has come across as being actively investigative and efforted in an honest way.
- Syr and !science I'm comfortable dunking into the Town Bin barring something cataclysmic coming to light.
~ Edible
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

im going to be real with you
im playing this game entirely off of vibes and i dont think that theres going to be as much logic as you want to hear
for example my gut is saying "wow this is weird questioning" if only because it seems like the last point in the series of questions is missing the idea that i could not be married to the kilga/syr read and it's a bit ! that you're attached to it and went down like... a setup extreme instead of just wondering if any of the people i have expressed any curiosity in could be interchangeable
it's mostly just how you feel and i know that you are wrong on me and like are townreading/fine with a lot of other people so you have an incredibly small pool you're actually interested in but i don't think ? that really reflects in your posting
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:58 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 413, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 411, catboi wrote: I did have similar doubts to syr on that dunn post
I feel like it's not uncommon for me to make posts like that, do you disagree with that?

I'm not understanding the pushback
I would say that's correct, you make posts like that, but it still gave me a bad
feeling
, looking at it.
In post 414, Syryana wrote:I have an idea what the problem is with your post Dunn, but before I talk about it I'd like catboi to elaborate on his doubts
If it's anything more detailed than "bad gut feeling" I'm afraid I don't have it for you, I just looked at the post and that was the sense I got. The vote felt over-explained, maybe?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hold on let's back up

In Syryana says my post felt performative

In post catboi says they have similar doubts to Syr

But now you are saying that it is normal for me to make posts like that and you just had a bad
feeling
, and also say I could be over-explaining

So what is it? Am I being performative, am I over-explaining, or do you have a bad feeling?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 370, catboi wrote:
In post 368, Syryana wrote: Alright, well, you're here now. Where are you at?
I'm rereading the end of Day 1 to fully form opinions

I kind of think notty's posting is
not great
still but wouldn't really be shocked for him to flip town, Dunn/ydrasse/kilga/you I've been starting to feel are surface-level okay but I haven't really bothered to contemplate you more deeply, my brain has not fully clicked to actually thinking about this game yet.
In this post I'm surface level ok recently, and this is after Syr takes issue with my post

Which makes it look like you are lying right now when you say you just had a bad feeling about my post. Because you are contradicting yourself
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: catboi