Mini Normal 2294: Monkey Business (Endgame)

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Enchant, Elsa's vote make sense. I don't understand Gimli's. And looks opportunistic to something he said wasn't a scumslip
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1340, Ausuka wrote: Okay, I want to write my thoughts on Gimli here now because I know my vote just looks like an omgus vote. And I mean, that's not *entirely* wrong but the post about me pushing town made something click for me about his treatment of me the entire game.

The thing that made gimli instantly plummet back to the very bottom of my readslist was this;
In post 1299, Gimli wrote:
In post 1298, Ausuka wrote:
In post 1293, Gimli wrote: i think flipping ausuka today is a horrible thing. I'd never really push her, I'd get her later when d1 creates the right associatives.
Is this just the enchant thing or

@comus, I think it's not a particularly unreasonable thing to say in all honesty and I do not believe in slips for the most part
I think you've been pushing townies and defending scum. its enchant but its elsa, its me, maybe its kokichi? idk, we can flip kokichi and figure it out. that's why im saying the associatives will help me with your alignment cause idk what to make of your d1. there are certainly reasons to tr you as well as there are reasons to sr you.
The elephant in the room is that, yeah, this post is pushing me, of course I'm not going to like it. But this post is truly bizarre. It's like he's talking out of both sides of his mouth. He's saying he's not sure what to make of my d1, that there are reasons to tr me and reasons to sr me, but at the same time he's willing to make the statement "I think you've been pushing townies and defending scum" which is really unambiguous. And again, he's voting for Kokichi, and another person I mentioned I was willing to vote and didn't like was STD. That's half of my pool and that's half of his pool. There is no reason for him to take that angle and it made me want to vote for him.

This isn't just an one-time thing, though, it's part of a larger pattern which I didn't really notice until this point. He says "there are certainly reasons to tr you" and he has said something similar before - that his read is neutral, there are reasons to townread or scumread me. But he never really elaborates beyond this vague sentiment that maybe there are some reasons to townread me. Obviously, there's the moment around where he makes the push on me for scumleaning Kokichi, and he keeps doing that for a little while. In he gives the 'some of her posts are towny' line without any sort of elaboration and in contrast makes sure to explain his reasoning for being suspicious. He tries to persuade nepenthe out of townreading me in , he says he doesn't know why I'm scumreading Kokichi in . When Klick replaces in and calls me scum, you would think this might be a good time to talk about the reasons he has that I could be town, to talk his read out with Klick - no, his response in is just "i started to townread enchant and ausuka but maybe that was wrong." In I'm 'enabling' enchant, he again elaborates on all the things I'm doing to meet a Scum Agenda in , he puts me in his solve in . And obviously, we have . Most of these points are frankly not even noteworthy in isolation, and I don't expect most people to read all of these points, but I wanted to demonstrate that I'm not pulling this out of my ass - there is a strong theme here. Gimli claims to have me as neutral, and sometimes mentions thinking I have towny posts, but never once elaborates on this, never argues the case for me being town, while trying to push reasons to scumread me time and time again.

I'm aware this sounds strange but please listen. Gimli wants me dead, during the day. He does not want to use a nightkill on me, and he does not want me to stay alive. But he doesn't want to get his hands dirty by leading the charge personally. Why?
In post 473, Gimli wrote: killing ausuka d1 will be too much drama

enchant will just yawn and let us have it
In post 1302, Gimli wrote: I think he is a good flip and I'm trying to play more strategically around comus' scumread, so I've been trying to find someone he'd agree with. I wanted to eliminate std but he won't move and quite frankly we can flip kokichi and find out.
First of all - so that this case isn't entirely about me, I just want to emphasise that Gimli's vote on Kokichi is worthy of scumreading on its own. His post justifying his vote on Kokichi is *really* invested in blaming it on Comus. Like, as I said, Comus has zero thread pull. Menalque replaces in and starts beef with Comus like twenty seconds later. I don't think town gimli actually cares about comus to this extent. It just comes off as making excuses.

Secondly, this demonstrates that Gimli does care about his image and how it's affected by pushing people. While voting Kokichi, he's really careful to distance himself from the wagon - he doesn't want to be seen as the main person behind it if it goes through. This probably means Kokichi is town, although I guess it's also possible he's just trying to treat Kokichi as closely as possible to a town wagon. This is why I think it makes sense to say - he's trying to encourage people to push me and that's his angle here. He wants to do everything he can to get an elimination without being the person in primary focus on day 2, and that's why he posts like he's scumreading me while claiming to not.

By the way, I think this is worth emphasising;
In post 85, Gimli wrote: I think ausuka's push on elsa is townie, and I think elsa might be a townie who plays a more self aware and reactive game.

I don't like enchant so far, feels stiff.
I am
very
skeptical that Gimli genuinely goes from thinking my push on elsa was towny at the start of the day, and now towards the end of the day it's not only not townie anymore, but is actually so scummy that it's STILL worth pushing on page 54.
This was such a good post. This may be the first time that my #1 scumread became my #1 town read. Though I admit my scumread was based on a misunderstanding and I understand you reasoning for suspecting me now
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

This is more for myself so I can keep track of everyone.

Players
KawaiiKame - Prob town

Save the Dragons - doing more solving than I remember him doing as town before so I'm null om this right now.

geraintm - prob town

Dionysus - who?

Magical Girl - Just there I guess? Null.

Gimli - Terrible vote but could be in survival mode, something he'd do as town or scum so not sure yet

Elsa Jay - likely scum

Comus - lol

nepenthe - who?

Enchant - might be scum but not scum if Elsa is scum probably.

Ausuka - prob town

Klick - I like their posts but just for entertainment purposes. Null

Menalque - replaced one of the who's? But I'm too lazy to check which, it's not updated on page 1. Same as klick. I like their posts but just for entertainment purposes. Null
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:43 pm

Post by Magical Girl »

@Mod: V/LA until Friday

Hopefully I’ll have time to play the game again by Friday.
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by Magical Girl »

UNVOTE:

I think I either unvoted or have it on Dionysus slot (Menalque now?) but jic.
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Magical Girl
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:46 pm

Post by Magical Girl »

Also Kokichi readlist looks a lot better than it was before so I’m guessing something spicy happened in last 10 pages or so
Comus
Comus
Him
Goon
Comus
Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Him

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:52 pm

Post by Comus »

VOTE: Kokichi Oma
Comus
Comus
Him
Goon
Comus
Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:17 pm

Post by Comus »

VOTE: Gimli
Comus
Comus
Him
Goon
Comus
Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by Comus »

VOTE: Kokichi Oma

Ugh. Elsa 'scumslip' = if nepenthe is a wolf, Comus is a wolf, no villager says that.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Enchant »

We slowly discend to madness.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:50 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1375, Kokichi Oma wrote: Enchant, Elsa's vote make sense. I don't understand Gimli's. And looks opportunistic to something he said wasn't a scumslip
isn't it bad when you get voted by people that aren't even scumreading you?

ask me again if you can hammer me
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:27 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm not in survival mode, I'm fine getting flipped today like I said many times already
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:35 am

Post by Klick »

Gimli's hard town lol
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:43 am

Post by Ausuka »

Enchant's hard town lol
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:45 am

Post by Klick »

That's wrong
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

no u
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1388, Ausuka wrote: Enchant's hard town lol
are you masons?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

Hmm I would ask in response if you two are masons but it wouldn't really work since you've been all "please kill me" for the last few pages
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:49 am

Post by Gimli »

please kill me froggy
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:53 am

Post by Ausuka »

Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:54 am

Post by Enchant »

I think Gimli is mason with me, but i am not sure
Wizard-Mercenary

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:55 am

Post by Klick »

In post 630, Enchant wrote:
In post 628, Gimli wrote: so enchant still scum
In post 631, Magical Girl wrote: idk why you care about his read on you when you scumread him
Ding ding ding
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:55 am

Post by Enchant »

no wait no...........
Wizard-Mercenary

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:14 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1380, Magical Girl wrote: Also Kokichi readlist looks a lot better than it was before so I’m guessing something spicy happened in last 10 pages or so
I never had a readlist, but I've talked about all those people all game. you're just not reading me
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:14 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 1385, Gimli wrote:
In post 1375, Kokichi Oma wrote: Enchant, Elsa's vote make sense. I don't understand Gimli's. And looks opportunistic to something he said wasn't a scumslip
isn't it bad when you get voted by people that aren't even scumreading you?

ask me again if you can hammer me
I will still hammer you

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”