Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 108, Umlaut wrote:
In post 104, Gimli wrote:why do you think the self vote is gross, if it isn't scummy? I get the idea of self voting being gross when that's tied to an emotional play or something that goes against wincon. but there on p2 it was a meaningless vote so I take issue with you pointing it out as if it's meaningful, and I want you to expand on why you think its gross and why it could potentially be scum indicative.
On reflection saying "not sure whether scummy" was technically true but I should have been clear I sort of do find it scummy. Not the self-vote itself, because people self-vote as town all the time (even though I think it's dumb), but the self-vote in combination with what came before and after.
In post 29, Ranger wrote:Pretty sure role flips in setup but not night of acting if I remember correctly so will say I act N1. (I should double-check that but full disclosure; I actually forgot this was an open. Thanks to how flavored it was I thought it was a theme. xD)

VOTE: Ranger

I don't see LLD opening this way as scum but it's not worth the effort of debating my alignment with her.
This all seemed like an overreaction to being suspected. Making a claim and self-voting and saying "I don't see any point in arguing this" seems like something you might do as town if you are on the chopping block already but not in response to one person saying you are scum, so it comes off to me as someone trying to "react the way town would react" rather than just exhibiting their true reaction.
I agree it's an overreaction, but I feel like that fits the way ranger plays at a personality level and I think claiming n1 on p2 is more likely than not to be coming from town. I see ranger is getting some scumreads and I don't understand them nor do I think what you're noticing is more likely than not to be coming from scum.

from what I know of both ranger and LLD, if they start arguing with each other over their scumreads on one another, we'll see many very long posts. I think it's reasonable for ranger to try and avoid it, especially if she thinks lld is probably town and not a back and forth that'll help her solve.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 126, Detective Penguin wrote: think of the wagons we could build
we do seem to have a live one and yet, i'm seduced

VOTE: umlaut
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:52 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 128, Cephrir wrote: i don't either but i think ranger's response has been decently scummy
really, why is that?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

i think she's focused pretty hard on the "confusing me with someone else" aspect and while i understand what she's getting at here, it's easier to hide behind this than to take another tack. furthermore, she accuses me of this when i haven't said anything that implied my vote has to do with who she is or isn't. i did make one post about the rightful order of things but that has never been why i was voting where im voting

also, if she wishes me to see her as someone else, then i think i get to hold her to a standard of explaining reads which i would not hold the person i'm confusing her with to, so i would like to see that
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 132, Cephrir wrote: also, if she wishes me to see her as someone else
if i may rephrase this: "since i am confusing her with someone else,"
Bartleby the Scrivener
Detective Penguin
Detective Penguin
Goon
Detective Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Detective Penguin »

In post 130, Cephrir wrote:
In post 126, Detective Penguin wrote: think of the wagons we could build
we do seem to have a live one and yet, i'm seduced

oooh - i do like this better than redff

Detective Penguin
Detective Penguin
Goon
Detective Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:01 am

In post 131, Gimli wrote:
In post 128, Cephrir wrote: i don't either but i think ranger's response has been decently scummy
really, why is that?
vote umlaut with us
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 132, Cephrir wrote: i think she's focused pretty hard on the "confusing me with someone else" aspect and while i understand what she's getting at here, it's easier to hide behind this than to take another tack. furthermore, she accuses me of this when i haven't said anything that implied my vote has to do with who she is or isn't. i did make one post about the rightful order of things but that has never been why i was voting where im voting

also, if she wishes me to see her as someone else, then i think i get to hold her to a standard of explaining reads which i would not hold the person i'm confusing her with to, so i would like to see that
I don't wanna get into the multiple people part of this other than to say it has to be NAI, right? and I don't think she's been heavy handed with it, surely ranger feels its important that we know she's not someone you talked with before.

what were you pushing ranger for originally? I see that you're not pushing her for having an overreaction to that 'i wont townread you just for putting things in the right order', when imo she wasn't reacting to a lean or a push, she was reacting to the familiarity in which you were approaching her.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:12 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 122, Cephrir wrote: i know i should leave my vote where it is right now but there's something else i want to do with it right now. decisions
Look, I'm killing Ranger today.

You can BoP me later for it if I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 137, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 122, Cephrir wrote: i know i should leave my vote where it is right now but there's something else i want to do with it right now. decisions

that's fine -- i don't even think you're wrong, but i do want to have this day take more than 6 pages
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 136, Gimli wrote:
In post 132, Cephrir wrote: i think she's focused pretty hard on the "confusing me with someone else" aspect and while i understand what she's getting at here, it's easier to hide behind this than to take another tack. furthermore, she accuses me of this when i haven't said anything that implied my vote has to do with who she is or isn't. i did make one post about the rightful order of things but that has never been why i was voting where im voting

I don't wanna get into the multiple people part of this other than to say it has to be NAI, right? and I don't think she's been heavy handed with it, surely ranger feels its important that we know she's not someone you talked with before.

what were you pushing ranger for originally? I see that you're not pushing her for having an overreaction to that 'i wont townread you just for putting things in the right order', when imo she wasn't reacting to a lean or a push, she was reacting to the familiarity in which you were approaching her.
i can be pretty reliably expected to vote anything LLD feels strongly about on page 1, and then i wasn't super thrilled by ranger's decision to decline any sort of discussion with her
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 139, Cephrir wrote:
i can be pretty reliably expected to vote anything LLD feels strongly about on page 1, and then i wasn't super thrilled by ranger's decision to decline any sort of discussion with her
with her who, with lld?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Cephrir »

yes
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Gimli »

but lld isn't saying anything ranger can defend herself from. its 'your scumtells', and ranger is saying pls don't read me on my tells im a different person. there's nothing to work with cause lld isnt engaging with ranger's posts, she's just identifying something ranger does when she is a wolf
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Gimli »

I'd be unwilling to engage with it as well if someone came to me and said 'oh youre doing your wolf thing' with no elaboration
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

she could at least try to ask or interact or case someone else or do something besides crumple up and concede
Bartleby the Scrivener
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Gimli »

I see. she said she's giving reads and I find her emotions genuine although I did townread ranger's emotions in 2019 game despite her being mafia. somehow this looks different and idt ranger strikes me as a resigned wolf.
Detective Penguin
Detective Penguin
Goon
Detective Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:27 am

In post 144, Cephrir wrote: she could at least try to ask or interact or case someone else or do something besides crumple up and concede
ceph not reading?
In post 97, Ranger wrote: Can’t properly play for another few hours, but decided to sneak some posts in.
In post 112, Ranger wrote: Will do precisely that in a few hours.
do better wagonbuddy.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:38 am

In post 138, Cephrir wrote:
In post 137, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

that's fine -- i don't even think you're wrong, but i do want to have this day take more than 6 pages
that's... probably fair. i mean for me i don't want it to slip away when someone starts making arguments like the ones on this page to try and spring Ranger from the trap they are in.

Ranger's goal here is to look as pathetic and dejected as possible while also trying to argue their way out based on meta plural contextuals that don't matter to simultaneously give a feeling of unfairness and engender rebellion against my push.

It's somewhat working.

Partially because I am being unfair. It's not fair I caught them Day 1. It's not fair our system sees right through theirs.

But that's how it is.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 146, Detective Penguin wrote:
In post 144, Cephrir wrote: she could at least try to ask or interact or case someone else or do something besides crumple up and concede
ceph not reading?
In post 97, Ranger wrote: Can’t properly play for another few hours, but decided to sneak some posts in.
In post 112, Ranger wrote: Will do precisely that in a few hours.
do better wagonbuddy.
1) i was asked about my initial reason, which happened before those posts
2) i will believe this content is forthcoming when it happens and not before
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:41 am

In post 145, Gimli wrote: I see. she said she's giving reads and I find her emotions genuine although I did townread ranger's emotions in 2019 game despite her being mafia. somehow this looks different and idt ranger strikes me as a resigned wolf.
no, she's not resigned. That's the point.

this is the precise emotional result she's aiming to engender in you. You can tell it's planned because of the dissonance between Ranger's self vote and supposed give up mixed with Ranger's constant rebuttal of Ceph and I based on meta plural reasons, indictating she doesn't actually want or think she will die today. Infact, she's giving me vibes feeling confident she will live.

So let's take her at her word, yes? She wants to die, she's giving her reads, they'll be here tomorrow if she's dead and town.

But why would we let someone who votes themselves and wants to die, live?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Open Games”