Micro 1071: MafiaInFreezer v2023 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 419, Kilgamayan wrote:Beyond that, I'd actually be willing to catboi as well, who my brain has sort of filed as LLD Lite. There's more meaningful content there but nothing about it stands out as clearly coming from town.
I appreciate that you are at last taking some level of meaningful stance on my alignment, because it has felt actively bizarre to me people seemingly don't really have any sort of opinion on me. This game has unfortunately been a struggle for me, which is kind of a theme fot a lot of games running back to last year. I didn't have that problem in PYP, I don't know what the issue is, I don't feel compelled to check the game. Normally I'd expect some suspicion or at least people commenting on me but a lot of the game doesn't seem to be saying much about me.

Still, it feels bizarre to me that on Day 2 of a micro your threshold for being willing to vote someone is "not clearly coming from town"? That doesn't feel like you're...actually trying to solve my alignment or investigate deeper meanings. Similarly, your reasoning for LLD is she "lacks discernible explanations for stances". That doesn't really strike me as a believable tell at all - just because someone isn't explaining their reads it doesn't mean they don't have any, I would sincerely doubt she wouldn't have reasons, regardless of her alignment. But you haven't bothered to actually try and investigate her at all, like possibly asking for explanations, just taken the stance you'd be okay with voting her. That doesn't sit right with me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 423, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 370, catboi wrote:
In post 368, Syryana wrote: Alright, well, you're here now. Where are you at?
I'm rereading the end of Day 1 to fully form opinions

I kind of think notty's posting is
not great
still but wouldn't really be shocked for him to flip town, Dunn/ydrasse/kilga/you I've been starting to feel are surface-level okay but I haven't really bothered to contemplate you more deeply, my brain has not fully clicked to actually thinking about this game yet.
In this post I'm surface level ok recently, and this is after Syr takes issue with my post

Which makes it look like you are lying right now when you say you just had a bad feeling about my post. Because you are contradicting yourself
No. What had happened was I hadn't actually read the full end of Day 1. I generally don't read up during night phase and the whole end of the Day happened while I was AFK from the game. This is verifiable be me being prodded. I had thought you were okay but didn't really care for that post when I got to it.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

UNVOTE: catboi

That makes sense and means it's not a clear-cut contradiction like I thought it was, so I am retracting my vote
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 422, Dunnstral wrote: Hold on let's back up

In Syryana says my post felt performative

In post catboi says they have similar doubts to Syr

But now you are saying that it is normal for me to make posts like that and you just had a bad
feeling
, and also say I could be over-explaining

So what is it? Am I being performative, am I over-explaining, or do you have a bad feeling?
I had a bad feeling when I read the post. My thought was that the vote could have been an opportunistic one, given cakez was the lead wagon, and the way you justified the vote felt like you
might
have been going to great lengths to justify it. I think in that spot scum are more likely to over-explain a vote. I think saying a vote is performative or overexplained can mean the same thing - that someone is going to lengths to unnecessarily justify something because they unconsciously see their action as suspicious and are trying to ward off the acccusation. At least that's my armchair psychology thought on the tell.

I will state also for the record I'm not voting you or pushing you over that post as of this moment. I'm still trying to read over the game and sort out how I feel. I noted that one thing. I think it makes syr more likely to be town in my mind but it doesn't necessarily make you scum.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Syryana »

sorry yall today sucked I'll try to get to this tomorrow
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:49 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

was prodded
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:42 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 2.03
Ydrasse (1):
Kilgamayan

Not Voting:
Ydrasse, Syryana, notscience, catboi, Lady Lambdadelta, Dunnstral

With 7 remaining, 4 to eliminate

deadline
(expired on 2023-03-22 21:47:33)
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 323, Kilgamayan wrote:I do think you and Syr is certainly possible as the solution given the above and a general feeling from how I think the Mafia team would have approached the Cakez situation post-claim, but I'm not yet as sold on Syr as I am on you.
In post 419, Kilgamayan wrote:- Syr and !science I'm comfortable dunking into the Town Bin barring something cataclysmic coming to light.
What happened between points A and B to change your mind? 323 implies I'm at best nullscum to you and now I'm in the town bin, and the only reference to me between is you discussing Ydra's takes on me.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by catboi »

okay, I'm going to try to get my head back in the game tonight. Mercy of MS deadlines is we still have a lot of time left even if the day's been slow so far.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Apologies that I wasn't able to get to this today. I'll do my best to get something out in roughly 6-8 hours.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:08 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Ydra (nice): Okay, but you do realize that all of that it is a simple way for Wolf Ydra to wave off accountability for anything, right?

catboi : Townies should not
need
to be asked to state why they do things, they should be stating why they do things proactively, to help (a) make clear to others that thay're town, and (b) convince others their ideas are correct. What's the point of solving correctly if no one listens to you and you end up getting tossed overboard? Postgame pride once your faction loses? That's not the goal of the game, the goal of the game is to be on the winning team.

It's also worth taking my opinions in the context of "there are six not-me people remaining and three of them I'm pretty solidly town on". On a personal level, I sympathize with being stuck in the POE crosshairs, but on the level of wanting to win, that's the reality.

Syr : I've generally felt your play today to be clearly Town play. You've taken agreeable stances with agreeable justifications, and, at the risk of picking at possibly-fresh wounds, was a question I liked in particular.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:45 am

Post by Ydrasse »

kilga why didn’t you say anything about the bottom half of that post
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Of which post? ^
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Ydrasse »

the one he quoted of me

it wasn’t the most organized but i posted a qualm i had with his play and he just ignored it for like . reducing it down to “could be a wolf hand waving though”
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:18 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

i will try to reengage
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:50 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 425, catboi wrote:I appreciate that you are at last taking some level of meaningful stance on my alignment, because it has felt actively bizarre to me people seemingly don't really have any sort of opinion on me. This game has unfortunately been a struggle for me, which is kind of a theme fot a lot of games running back to last year. I didn't have that problem in PYP, I don't know what the issue is, I don't feel compelled to check the game. Normally I'd expect some suspicion or at least people commenting on me but a lot of the game doesn't seem to be saying much about me.
It's not really all that surprising, is it? Other than call dunn town you've been riding that fence so hard this game I get splinters every time you post. You voted cakez, but went afk while he died (yes, I know, other games, engagement here, we're not gonna get anywhere going down that road I'm just making the point) then came back and complained because he got killed because you were just voting for pressure. You voted LLD once for pressure since.

I STILL don't have a solid opinion on you. I know you as either alignment can play better than you've been playing and I can see the play you've shown thus far to be coming from a disengaged either alignment. Unfortunately that's been true of a lot of people this game, not just you.

I've gotten off track, I think. My original point was "why are you surprised nobody's commenting on you when you're one of several completely disengaged players this game".
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:51 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 435, Kilgamayan wrote: You've taken agreeable stances with agreeable justifications
Such as?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 420, Ydrasse wrote: wondering if any of the people i have expressed any curiosity in could be interchangeable
I'll bite. What does your gut tell you
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:03 am

Post by catboi »

sorry, i suck

i'll get to this this morning so i'm not distracted by the basketball
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:07 am

Post by catboi »

In post 325, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 323, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 321, Ydrasse wrote: so do u think im partnered with syr : ?

i feel as if ive expressed more of a wolfread on u/through my actions this game than syr so this should not be a surprise but youre leaving the implication vague.
i also dont really know what about my lack of posting abt you two does to undermine my previously given reads
youve done nothing to change it nor warrant avoiding a vote
Basically, between the stuff I mentioned yesterday and what I quoted there, I don't think you're paying attention to your own stated suspicions. Like, yes, you've been Unpleased with me for most of the game, but you went from a statement of "i’d probably vote (kilga) last of (cakez, syr, kilga)" to restating a desire to vote for me without any mention of what happened to your Syr read in the meantime.

I do think you and Syr is certainly possible as the solution given the above and a general feeling from how I think the Mafia team would have approached the Cakez situation post-claim, but I'm not yet as sold on Syr as I am on you.
do you think me not paying attention is a wolfy trait
like do you think im just being careless with my play

my reasons to wolfread you were the ones i remembered more because i voted you most of yesterday, syr is still there and also on the wagon so like points there but me wanting to kill you is just falling back on where i voted all d1

this is the kind of response though that makes me feel like you and syr could be together though because youre like well IM NOT THERE YET on syr but more there on me and its like, micro game, push out townie and then fight for one more elim while keeping syr just out of danger
okay so in this exxchange I think ydrasse comes off better and kilga's attack on ydrasse feels like a very trivial type of gotcha, which I do not like
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:19 am

Post by catboi »

In post 440, Syryana wrote:
In post 425, catboi wrote:I appreciate that you are at last taking some level of meaningful stance on my alignment, because it has felt actively bizarre to me people seemingly don't really have any sort of opinion on me. This game has unfortunately been a struggle for me, which is kind of a theme fot a lot of games running back to last year. I didn't have that problem in PYP, I don't know what the issue is, I don't feel compelled to check the game. Normally I'd expect some suspicion or at least people commenting on me but a lot of the game doesn't seem to be saying much about me.
It's not really all that surprising, is it? Other than call dunn town you've been riding that fence so hard this game I get splinters every time you post. You voted cakez, but went afk while he died (yes, I know, other games, engagement here, we're not gonna get anywhere going down that road I'm just making the point) then came back and complained because he got killed because you were just voting for pressure. You voted LLD once for pressure since.

I STILL don't have a solid opinion on you. I know you as either alignment can play better than you've been playing and I can see the play you've shown thus far to be coming from a disengaged either alignment. Unfortunately that's been true of a lot of people this game, not just you.

I've gotten off track, I think. My original point was "why are you surprised nobody's commenting on you when you're one of several completely disengaged players this game".
I think...normally I'm more used to people having
some
form of opinion on me even when I'm not invested in the game. The treatment is...weird? Even if a player isn't invested in the game it's kind of surprising to have people seemingly punt on making a read on me at all.

If you don't have an opinion on me, are you just waiting for me to get my head into the game or what?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:52 am

Post by catboi »

was mentally conditioned to click the little arrow in the quote tags and this fix momentarily broke my brain
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:03 am

Post by catboi »

In post 342, Syryana wrote: Yeah I came to that conclusion after rereading my post. I think I'm overthinking that one.

Pedit: Killing you for the hammer is stupid. You choreographed that you were lolhammering all day, and we all knew as soon as literally anyone was at E-1 they were gonna die if you were paying any attention. That reminds me, I wanted to ask him something.
That it was telegraphed dosn't...change a whole lot for me. Like, do you think he couldn't/wouldn't play it that way as scum? Because that's not really hard to do and has obvious pro-scum utility. Actually, the hammer bothers me significantly less than the "wait what" after cakez made his "fuck you I was town" post - that looked artificial to me. I've been giving notty space though because if he's town I want to give him an opportunity to show it rather than blindly killing but so far I'm not really whelmed by anything I'm seeing from him.
In post 348, Syryana wrote:
In post 343, notscience wrote: Dude I’m just having trouble parsing kilga

Like his push on ydra for inconsistency in a fourteen page game??

But I also realize I’m not the reigning authority when it comes to ydra as I’ve already kinda mentioned. But I am on the town side of the spectrum, it’s just with these little voices on my shoulders saying “why are you seeing it here and not there”
My problem with Ydra is that according to her she was very excited to play the game in RVS then just dropped off the face of the earth. Inconsistency is one thing but she starts off after with srsKilgaVote, then says spiritually she thinks Cakez is scum too, then pops me into the mix because I'm "holding hands with people", whatever that means. There's no thought behind her play, no reevaluation after being wrong on Cakez. Hell, if I had a dayvig shot I'd have dayvigged Kilga yesterday and even
I'm
reevaluating. She accused Kilga of lining up miselims, but I think it looks more like that's what she's doing than Kilga.
I don't really think that's close to what she's doing at all and in fact she's probably one of the people I'm more confident is town out of anything.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:11 am

Post by catboi »

In post 350, Ydrasse wrote: i want to vote you but i'm hesitant because i am stupid and dont get what youre doing
if it helps I also want to vote kilga atp
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:00 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Bump
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”