Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 2.03

Aisa (3):
AurorusVox, Doctor Drew, Ranger.
Vanderscamp (1):
Vanderscamp.
Bellaphant (1):
Aisa.
Enchant (1):
Enchant.

Not Voting (2):
Bellaphant, Aureal.

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to send someone through the shining gates of
heaven

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-23 21:12:43).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Even if ranger is open wolfing, we've already discussed that we are going to need at least one scum on to send someone to heaven, and aisa is my strongest tr, except for a few tin hat moments.

Enchant, where's your head at?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by Enchant »

You still didn't vote me?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 549, Vanderscamp wrote:Also worth noting is that I've been a heaven contender for a while, but Ranger has never voted me because they've been worried about the people on my wagon.
Your statement has a flaw, so to correct your misunderstanding:
In post 505, Ranger wrote:If Vanderscamp is town, it's because the scum believe Vander in heaven is +scum.
In post 490, Ranger wrote:I'll vote Vander if there's no other option. However, his wrong scumread is a threat.
If the game comes down to a heaven vote and he advocates for my death there, we lose because I'm town.

I'd much prefer someone like [Aisa] if I had to.
This was my reason for voting Aisa.

Simply put, Vander: if you are town, if you go to heaven, and if the game comes down to the decision of heaven, you're going to vote me out, and the town will lose because of your bias.

I've trust in Aisa to be more open-minded because you seem convinced I'm scum. None of the players raising points for why I'm town has swayed you. None of the players pointing out the flaws in your logic have put doubts in you. You are not open to me being town because plenty have given the reasons why I'm town and why I'm not scum and your scumread remains firm.

Since I know I'm town and I know the game can come to a heaven decision, placing someone into heaven who is convinced I'm scum will let the scum win.

The wagon compositions have nothing to do with my vote. Not wanting you to cost the town the game by being unwavering in your unjustified conviction I'm scum has everything to do with my vote.
In post 545, Vanderscamp wrote:What do you mean if there was scum on the wagon?
Exactly what I said. 'If' is the accurate descriptor.
It's possible for the entire wagon to be town if {Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, BloodB0t} is scum.
There's Vander-Oclaxian interactions which would support that.
There's Oclaxian-BoodB0t interactions which would support that.
So, it is fully possible the wagon could indeed be all town, because there are potential associatives between all three members off the wagon.

The 'if' is for when that team isn't the solve. Statistically speaking it's quite unlikely for all scum to be off a D1 mislim, and reads-wise I don't think all the scum were off the wagon.

I'm approaching from a viewpoint of not assuming anything one way or another.

I'll give a more thorough reassessment tomorrow.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:14 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 553, Ranger wrote:
In post 549, Vanderscamp wrote:Also worth noting is that I've been a heaven contender for a while, but Ranger has never voted me because they've been worried about the people on my wagon.
Your statement has a flaw, so to correct your misunderstanding:
In post 505, Ranger wrote:If Vanderscamp is town, it's because the scum believe Vander in heaven is +scum.
In post 490, Ranger wrote:I'll vote Vander if there's no other option. However, his wrong scumread is a threat.
If the game comes down to a heaven vote and he advocates for my death there, we lose because I'm town.

I'd much prefer someone like [Aisa] if I had to.
This was my reason for voting Aisa.

Simply put, Vander: if you are town, if you go to heaven, and if the game comes down to the decision of heaven, you're going to vote me out, and the town will lose because of your bias.

I've trust in Aisa to be more open-minded because you seem convinced I'm scum. None of the players raising points for why I'm town has swayed you. None of the players pointing out the flaws in your logic have put doubts in you. You are not open to me being town because plenty have given the reasons why I'm town and why I'm not scum and your scumread remains firm.

Since I know I'm town and I know the game can come to a heaven decision, placing someone into heaven who is convinced I'm scum will let the scum win.

The wagon compositions have nothing to do with my vote. Not wanting you to cost the town the game by being unwavering in your unjustified conviction I'm scum has everything to do with my vote.
In post 545, Vanderscamp wrote:What do you mean if there was scum on the wagon?
Exactly what I said. 'If' is the accurate descriptor.
It's possible for the entire wagon to be town if {Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, BloodB0t} is scum.
There's Vander-Oclaxian interactions which would support that.
There's Oclaxian-BoodB0t interactions which would support that.
So, it is fully possible the wagon could indeed be all town, because there are potential associatives between all three members off the wagon.

The 'if' is for when that team isn't the solve. Statistically speaking it's quite unlikely for all scum to be off a D1 mislim, and reads-wise I don't think all the scum were off the wagon.

I'm approaching from a viewpoint of not assuming anything one way or another.

I'll give a more thorough reassessment tomorrow.
I think you not voting me because I want to put you in hell is reasonable!

I'm not convinced, but you just keep posting things that I don't like.

I'm hoping I won't have to decide your alignment, I'm hoping I'll go to heaven and you'll get put in hell before I have to make a decision.
If I do have to make a decision at that stage, it'll at least be with knowledge that you're good.

Re: your statement "if there was scum on the wagon," I actually do understand what your statement means logically.
What I don't understand is what relevance the Kow wagon has, or why you're phrasing it like that.
Like, what's the point of any of what you're saying in your last few hundred words?
I know you didn't say it was, but why would the non-Kowabungah voters ever be a solve?

Can you talk about the reasons why you think you're not evil here?
Because I have seen other people give good reads on you, I just haven't been swayed by the reasons.

Why do you think I should be reading you as good?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:27 pm

Post by Aureal »

Alright, I went through Vander's ISO and tried to note every interaction to get a better picture of how he feels. Next up, Aisa (but not until a more reasonable hour).

Arko/Drew:
"mild town" in 24; not scum with OE in 89; likes the Oc/Arko read even more in 146; not obvious what's super towny in 195; null, vaguely towny in tone in 270; doesn't think he's made a dozen posts that are towny in tone like Ranger thinks in 292; more likely town if Ranger is scum in 547

Blood/Aureal:
agrees with Blood that they don't agree with OE's case in 90; quite towny and agrees with everything in 272; has sounded fairly towny in 548

Oclaxian/Enchant:
disagrees with case in 90; questions OE's reading an implication in 91; top scumread in 93; disagrees that meta is unreliable in 106; not feeling an Oc vote in 107; likes the Oc/Arko read even more in 146; "Stop" to Oc's self-vote; posts this page have been very towny in 199; towniest player so far in 240; response to Ranger's case was very towny in 262; willing to vote Oc for heaven but thinks it wouldn't get through unless incorrect in 453; most likely town but non-consensus opinion in 456; townier than Aisa in 548

Aisa:
disagrees that page 3 sounded like playful ribbing in 92; replies to Aisa's reply that she skimmed in 123; answers questions on Oc/Arko interactions in 145; asks why TR is terrifying in 194; asks if Aisa thoroughly read Ranger's Arko read; response on Arko sounds more real in 278; response to questions was fine in 297; agrees with Bella towncase in 543; had been mostly null until Bella towncase in 544; not comfortable with sending Aisa to heaven in 548; feels worse from association with Ranger vote in 549

Ranger:
asks why Arko is by far the towniest in 195; doesn't believe Ranger has TRs on all those Arko posts in 196; elaborates that if those reads were true Ranger would open with them not an associative in 199; more disagreement that Arko read is too strong to be real in 202-206; acknowledges error about associative read and continues to disagree because Arko read and asks about Arko's E-2 backpedal in 258; case on OE is okay but not sold in 262; sardonic question in 263; Ranger is assuming Arko is town and working backwards in 278; response to Ranger's accusation of hypocrisy in 292; scum justifying a read on someone in 293; concerned that Ranger hammered Kowah in 345; more disagreement on hypocrisy/Arko read in 433; should be snap limmed D3; still arguing that Ranger's argument/read isn't true in 444; legacy is to kill Ranger in 445; doesn't like just about anything she's posted in 446; questioning Ranger's wagon analysis in 545; asks why Aisa thinks he hasn't been trying to convince people Ranger is scum in 546; probably just open wolfing with vote in 549; keeps posting things he doesn't like and asks for reasons why Ranger is not evil in 554

Bella:
notes that Aisa's response to questions was fine in 297; more towny than not in 300; agrees with Aisa's towncase of Bella in 543; had been mostly null but Aisa's towncase post is quite strong in 544; townier than Aisa in 548

Kawaii/Kowah:
question reeks of fake hunting in 318; doesn't think it was a relevant thing to discuss in 345; Kowah hammer seems fine in 432

AV:
also interested in answers to AV's questions in 197; has sounded fairly towny in 548

TL;DR:
Arko/Drew:
mild town read pretty consistent throughout even as he argues about Ranger's stronger TR
Blood/Aureal:
no interaction, townread stays consistent
Oclaxian/Enchant:
disagreement initially causes drop to top scumread but lets a feeling stop him from voting then indicates growing townread
Aisa:
questions Aisa with expectation of scumread but response is fine so she remains null until towncasing Bella but still has concerns about association with Ranger
Ranger:
constant barrage of trying to tear down Ranger over the strong TR of Arko and then arguing over several more things
Bella:
no interaction, towny null until Aisa's towncase which strengthens read
Kawaii/Kowah:
little interaction but disagreement/suspicion in what little chance there was to have any
AV:
no real interaction, no read at all until talking about who is towny in comparison to Aisa in 548

I think it's pretty solid overall. Reads make sense, some change as circumstances change, no real about faces other than letting gut feeling stop him from pursuing Oclax. A few players get basically ignored but it seems fairly natural given the state of the thread, though it does feel a little weird that AV is one of them and the most ignored since it feels like he was more active than the others?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:11 pm

Post by Enchant »

Aureal is mafia i think
Wizard-Mercenary

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I really liked the catch up for town but dislike 555 quite a lot.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:12 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: aisa h-1 I don't have a stronger read than this.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Enchant »

I said no.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:24 am

Post by Enchant »

Also what exactly stops Aisa from selfhammering now?
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:30 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Aisa

FINE IF YOU INSIST ON MISTAKES.
Wizard-Mercenary

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Votecount 2.04 (Final)

Aisa (5):
AurorusVox, Doctor Drew, Ranger, Bellaphant, Enchant. [HAMMER]
Vanderscamp (1):
Vanderscamp.
Bellaphant (1):
Aisa.

Not Voting (1):
Aureal.

With 8 players alive, it took 5 votes to send someone through the shining gates of
heaven

Heaven phase 1 is over.

Aisa has been sent to heaven and was a
Spoiler:
Saint.

Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome, Aisa!

You are a
Saint
, and win if 2
Sinners
are sent to hell.

Confirm by replying with your role in a PM to me.

Spoiler: This means
Aisa is now a
Martyr
and may no longer post in this game thread. In the event of a Judgement Day, she and any other Martyrs will condemn a player to hell.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:43 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Votecount 3.00

Not Voting (7):
Bellaphant, AurorusVox, Vanderscamp, Enchant, Ranger, Doctor Drew, Aureal.

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to condemn someone to the fiery pits of
hell

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-27 11:43:23).
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Enchant »

COOL NOW I LOOK INCOMPETENT
Wizard-Mercenary

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Aureal »

Enchant, you saved me from having to spend hours writing up an Aisa case! Thanks, man! For once your trigger happy hammering was useful! XD
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:34 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 565, Aureal wrote: Enchant, you saved me from having to spend hours writing up an Aisa case! Thanks, man! For once your trigger happy hammering was useful! XD
WHY IF YOU COULD JUST HAMMER AISA INSTEAD
Wizard-Mercenary

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Aureal »

Well obviously I couldn't hammer while sleeping, not that I would've if I hadn't been since I hadn't started writing up the Aisa case yet. Some of us like to be a little more methodical than just hammering whatever comes up! :P
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:42 am

Post by Enchant »

In long run it didn't matter it's all mafia ploy.

8 players
5 good
3 evil

And Aisa didn't vote for self.
So mafia helped.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Ranger

50/50 coin flip go bye bye
Wizard-Mercenary

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Aureal »

So anyway, Vander, what do you have for scumreads now? You obviously were scumreading Ranger- does Aisa being town affect that? She was most interested in defending Ranger, do you think she was wrong? And who else would you see as being scum with Ranger since it seemed like you were most wary of Aisa? You've been feeling most everyone else is somewhat towny, but there's got to be two more scum in there.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I feel as if Ranger is the play for today, though I would like to here Vander respond to Aureal.

VOTE: Ranger

But Enchant, were you being serious earlier that you think Aureal is scum?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 568, Enchant wrote: In long run it didn't matter it's all mafia ploy.

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.
Also, this makes one of(if not both) Aureal and Vander town confirmed.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 557, Bellaphant wrote: I really liked the catch up for town but dislike 555 quite a lot.

BTW could you elaborate on this?

In post 572, Doctor Drew wrote:

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.

*scratches head* How's that? Obviously I know I'm town, but from your POV what's stopping Vander and I from being scum and just the third one voting Aisa?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 573, Aureal wrote:
In post 557, Bellaphant wrote: I really liked the catch up for town but dislike 555 quite a lot.

BTW could you elaborate on this?

In post 572, Doctor Drew wrote:

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.

*scratches head* How's that? Obviously I know I'm town, but from your POV what's stopping Vander and I from being scum and just the third one voting Aisa?
Honestly forgetting that we still have 3 scum left, and not just 2 lol.

And feeling confident about Ranger being scum from PoE, I jumped to conclusions.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”