Mini 2292: Anything uPick - Game Over!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:20 pm

Post by Enchant »

Take your time.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Enchant »

But if he SK who gives back all players he ate, there's no difference when vote him: Today or tomorrow.
Wizard-Mercenary

Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 pm

Post by Wavelength »

I was laying in bed losing the battle with insomnia once again, and I was wondering if I really am just overly focused on killing pinkball because of the last day phase.

But that lead me to asking "how do we handle 3p elo if that is where we end up tomorrow?" But like... it doesn't work.

If pink ball and the last mafia double up, and tomorrow is 1:1:1, how does the last townie vote pinkball, without getting crossvoted in return -- and therefore allowing the last scum to hammer the townie for a scum win? Like what do we even do?

So voting out Pinkball tomorrow only works if Pinkball eats scum tonight. There is no and "then roll for "If dying players can come back"" if it does not work out.

It also adds the lose condition of : Pinkball and Mafia target different townies.

Both of those lose states (double deaths tonight and 1:1:1 tomorrow) -- are avoided by killing pinkball directly today.

So no,I don't think that I can vote no elim.

And my mission is now to convice mafia that killing pink ball is better voting no elim lmao
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:39 pm

Post by Wavelength »

If the day ends with no elimination, Pinkball is not going to set up a joint win with you.

He is not a survivor.

Not only is he not going to set up a joint win,
he is going to be hunting for you.

If he kills a townie, he loses the game.

Either you kill him (and he loses) OR you target different people (and he loses because of your win con wording) OR you both kill the same townie (and he loses the moment he cross votes with a townie and gives you the hammer)

So, to be clear, if the game goes to a no elim, he is going to spend the night coming up with his best guess for mafia, and try to eat you. And then tomorrow he is going to argue that you were town, and that he is still a survivor, and then try to miselim one last townie for the win.

That is his only path to victory, and it is over your dead body.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by Wavelength »

And to hopefully convince a townie.

Pinkball is not a survivor. The only way that we win this game is if pinkball gives us back Ali and Kokichi when he dies. That is it. So we must assume that it will happen. If we kill him directly, then 2 confirmed townies will pop out and tomorrow we get to actually do Elo with a confirmed town.

If we no elim, and:

The mafia and Pink ball kill us both.
The Mafia wins.

The mafia and Pink ball target the same one of us. Tomorrow at 1:1:1, and when one of us vote PB and he crosses with us,
the mafia will win.

* (possible third option)
Pinkball kills mafia, and then tries to get a miselim tomorrow. If we vote him out tomorrow, we win.

A no elim is betting the game on Pinkball finding the last mafia. But does that really seem more likely that he can land it, then we can do tomorrow? With either Ali or Kokichi confirmed town out here with us?

---------

* The third option is not so clear cut, so it is gonna get its own section:

If Pinkball hits a townie, and the mafia tries to kill Pinkball.

This looks like it could be a reasonably good outcome. But now I am going to ask a question: "where was the night 5 mafia kill?" I don't think that it makes any sense for the mafia to have killed Ali > Pinkball or Me last night.

PinkBall was a threat to the last mafia AND pinkball had PenguinPower inside of him. Why would the mafia leave a claimed serial killer, who was claiming that their partner would come back if he died, alive?

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the mafia tried to kill Pinkball, and it failed because he is bulletproof. I am not actually convinced that the third option is even possible, and if those night actions were submitted, it would result in the 1:1:1 split for 3p.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Wavelength »

That's it. If either of you are still all in on No Elim, then so be it.

But I can at least say that I tried.

Its 4 am again, and I should not be awake.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:03 pm

Post by Enchant »

If i am mafia, i vote this "Survivor" like 100%
Wizard-Mercenary

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:48 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Let him flail, Enchant. He’s trying to appeal to a supposed last scum and the remaining town that his plan is the best option for both factions at the same time.

“Hey scum, SK!Pink Ball will either suck you during the night or 1v1 you next day so you should vote him today!… Oh and town, if we kill SK!Pink Ball today, Kokichi and Ali will be back and we can eliminate scum tomorrow, making the argument I made for the remaining scum automatically invalid ‘cause 1v1ing a townie with at least one conftown as witness is FAR better than 1v1ing a claimed 3p!”
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:49 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2201, Wavelength wrote: Like, I feel like arguing that we kill Pinkball is the only way to play to a potential win con.

But also, you (enchant) seem like you are not even reading most of the posts of this game.

And Flea has also not engaged with me when I asked a few times why they even think that No Elim is good here.

I have also not really sat down and truly figured out if it makes sense for scum to be willing to compromise on killing pink ball > no elim here? I should probably think it through from that PoV too.
Flea vanished from the game long ago and it's honestly prodging at this point.

Pinkball HAS to shoot mafia, mafia HAS to shoot pinkball.

Its not kingmaker, it's hostage taker and the only route for town win.

Pinkball shoot mafia, mafia go bye bye, tomorrow is 2vs1 ez win. I don't believe they come back.

Pinkball misses, dies to Mafia, mafia wins.

Today isn't kingmaker.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:02 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

It became pretty clear that he’s the remaining scum. He knows he loses if we go with no elim ‘cause I’m targeting him, so he has two options from his point of view:
1.- Eliminate me and win because Kokichi and Ali don’t come back;
2.- Eliminate me, Kokichi and Ali come back, 1v1 Flea the next day.

That’s it, no other alternatives. Wave is probably sure that number 1.- is where we are at right now, but is trying to convince town that we are at number 2.-. But during the game, Wave’s logic was safe and sound and he never lied about it; now that he’s lying, his tone has changed, appealing more to emotion and being more performative. Look at his last three posts:
Wavelength wrote:I was laying in bed losing the battle with insomnia once again, and I was wondering if I really am just overly focused on killing pinkball because of the last day phase.
Wavelength wrote:And my mission is now to convice mafia that killing pink ball is better voting no elim lmao
Wavelength wrote: That is his only path to victory, and it is over your dead body.
Wavelength wrote: And to hopefully convince a townie.
I challenge you to look for any post from Wave’s ISO and find something as performative as any of this quotes. All his opening and ending statements are performative, like he stopped playing mafia and became a lawyer trying to convince a jury.

Wave started lying the minute he started believing me and realizing that he’s done.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2233, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 2201, Wavelength wrote: Like, I feel like arguing that we kill Pinkball is the only way to play to a potential win con.

But also, you (enchant) seem like you are not even reading most of the posts of this game.

And Flea has also not engaged with me when I asked a few times why they even think that No Elim is good here.

I have also not really sat down and truly figured out if it makes sense for scum to be willing to compromise on killing pink ball > no elim here? I should probably think it through from that PoV too.
Flea vanished from the game long ago and it's honestly prodging at this point.

Pinkball HAS to shoot mafia, mafia HAS to shoot pinkball.

Its not kingmaker, it's hostage taker and the only route for town win.

Pinkball shoot mafia, mafia go bye bye, tomorrow is 2vs1 ez win. I don't believe they come back.

Pinkball misses, dies to Mafia, mafia wins.

Today isn't kingmaker.
Thank god you’re not falling for it.

Game over Wave.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:52 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

I mean I havent read tbh, i just went to last page and skimmed.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:06 am

Post by Enchant »

Pink so you are FOR no-lim or not i am confused
Wizard-Mercenary

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:46 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2237, Enchant wrote: Pink so you are FOR no-lim or not i am confused
I am for no-lim, yes, I voted that when Wave decided to antagonize once again. I’d rather eliminate Wave and end the day today, but in the off chance that I’m wrong and Flea is the remaining scum, I still win by targeting Wave since Flea wins by killing you no matter if fae believes I’m a survivor or a killer
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:55 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 2233, Flea The Magician wrote: Pinkball shoot mafia, mafia go bye bye, tomorrow is 2vs1 ez win. I don't believe they come back
You know, this is the most distilled reason why you are arguging for a no elim, and I think is the first time I have actually seen something that at least made sense on why you are even arguing for it
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Wavelength »

Maybe I have been over complicating it, by thinking about all the possible worlds, and trying to account for all of them, and every time I run into new loss states, shying away from it.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 2236, Flea The Magician wrote: I mean I havent read tbh, i just went to last page and skimmed.
Do you want me to give you time to read, or should I just vote no elim?
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 2234, Pink Ball wrote: All his opening and ending statements are performative, like he stopped playing mafia and became a lawyer trying to convince a jury.
I do actually feel like this is quite literally what I was doing with those posts, I hit a point where I thought "convince both the townie and the scum that this is the right path" and so I went into "make the most convincing cases mode"

But like, I was not hiding that. So it is funny to see you grab those snippets like a "gatcha"
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:03 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 2233, Flea The Magician wrote: Pinkball shoot mafia, mafia go bye bye, tomorrow is 2vs1 ez win. I don't believe they come back.
I actually think that I would have saved a lot of time and energy if these exact words had been typed out like a day or so ago lol
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:04 am

Post by Pink Ball »

It's not a "gatcha", is that your tone changed because now you don't believe what you're saying
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Wavelength »

Its okay pink ball, we are going for the no elim, so you don't need to keep arguing with me.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:06 am

Post by Wavelength »

@Ali and Kokichi

At least do your best in helping him aim
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I'm aiming you and Ali agrees, Kokichi is talking about hopes and despair since the begining of this phase
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Wavelength »

In post 2247, Pink Ball wrote: I'm aiming you and Ali agrees, Kokichi is talking about hopes and despair since the begining of this phase
Sad if true.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Pink Ball »

If you're scum, I win, if you're town, Flea shoots Enchant to avoid WIFOM, I win

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”