Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

kloud1516 wrote: I feel it would be beneficial for the group if everyone posted their opinions on who they find to be scummy (or likely pro-town), in addition to reasoning for their statements, as it has been generating, or appears to now be sparking, discussion in which everyone will be able to take an active part in participating.
pro town:

Jahudo: Seems to be thinking logically. I found myself agreeing with a lot of what Jahudo said on Day 2. Also, if Pacman is a hider, Jahudo is town.

Pacman: Play isn't exactly pro town, but the hider claim makes me think he is town.

Wolf: He's posting, but seems to be in the background most of the time.

Neutral:

Zorblag: I keep going back and forth on him in my head. His back and forth with Kloud is interesting.

Anti Town:

DP: It might mostly be his annoying posting style. He hammered Dukes, but I'm not so sure it was a scum hammer. I don't think I'd vote him now, but I'm definitely watching him.

Porochaz: If he isn't a mafia day cop, it doesn't mean he isn't scum. He is flying under the radar a little.

Kloud: Like I said before, he seemed to be after an easy target with Dukes. He's also pretty much latched on to Zorblag for today. He has given thoughts on other players though, so he isn't exactly tunneling. Something about his play just seems similar to Family Guy (the mini) where he was scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Oh, and...

VOTE MASSCLAIM TODAY

Like I said before, I don't want to not massclaim, lynch town, and find out that there
were
in fact 3 scum, and we lost the game. Also, if there are only 2 scum, we can plan our night, and possibly confirm some claims in preparation for the real LYLO.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Porochaz »

I would be willing to make a bet on there being only two scum because Im sure of it. Massclaim today is wrong, totally wrong.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

How so sure?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

Because Im playing odds. Its so much more likely that its 2 scum/1 SK than 3 scum/1 SK that Id be willing to bet on it. Massclaim when noone is sure is stupid. Massclaiming when its not needed is stupid. Massclaiming when its extremely unlikely were in LYLO is, once again, stupid. Its not an option, it shouldnt be considered, why it is, is beyond me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:55 am

Post by farside22 »

Still no one is voting.
Reminder:
Day 4 deadline is December 4th, 10:30am PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:02 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm going to talk with my back up mod but just a note.
Please note sig. More likely limited access then Vacation. It depends on a few things.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Porochaz wrote:Because Im playing odds. Its so much more likely that its 2 scum/1 SK than 3 scum/1 SK that Id be willing to bet on it. Massclaim when noone is sure is stupid. Massclaiming when its not needed is stupid. Massclaiming when its extremely unlikely were in LYLO is, once again, stupid. Its not an option, it shouldnt be considered, why it is, is beyond me.
You never know, especially with Farside as our mod.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Yeah... the odds still win all the way
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

What are the odds of an inventor inventing a device called "Portable Force field Generating Device", and it being a bus driving device that switches a random JOAT's action of making someone a double voter to a different player who is on 3 different lynching wagons without anyone ever picking up on the double vote despite noticing that all 3 lynches were 1 vote less than the required amount of votes for a lynch?

1)Not very high.
2)Is that a run on sentence?
3)Damn, that was fun to watch after I used the device and died.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Not very high, I wonder how many games thats happened in hmm...? I think Ill go with 1/690odd games. I fail to see your point. Well no, I do, its just not a very good one.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm saying that in Farside's games, odds don't mean shit.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Kmd4390 wrote:What are the odds of an inventor inventing a device called "Portable Force field Generating Device", and it being a bus driving device that switches a random JOAT's action of making someone a double voter to a different player who is on 3 different lynching wagons without anyone ever picking up on the double vote despite noticing that all 3 lynches were 1 vote less than the required amount of votes for a lynch?

1)Not very high.
2)Is that a run on sentence?
3)Damn, that was fun to watch after I used the device and died.
Opt 3. Wait I'm just the mod. :wink:
Drunken Piper
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Drunken Piper
Couplet Typer
Couplet Typer

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Drunken Piper »

will be ok with a mass claim.
still a page or two behind which is lame...

(sip)

I am going to be away for the holiday between the 25th until the 30th...I will try to update something tomorrow...but I am super busy so there is no promises I can log on.
(hic)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Kmd4390 wrote:I'm saying that in Farside's games, odds don't mean shit.
Your putting to much emphasis on"its farside" so what? (no disrespect intended) mods do crazy and wacky things especially in mini's, there was once a role in a scumchat game where Glork was a big ball of beanie babies whilst I was a Nigerian Scam artist (he was a JOAT and I was a scum roleblocker) All mods do things out of the ordinary some are bastard mods and MANY like to keep things balanced for the fun of the players.

I mean put it this way:

Lets all claim because "its farside", let's all reminisce about our first memories in the hope that unlocks a special bonus because "its farside", lets forget about finding scum and just all reveal our roles and then make a campfire and toast marshmallows and tell ghost stories and revel in one anothers company thinking about how peaceful the Delivery company could be because "its farside", maybe I will get a post restriction for talking about how I had some great Shnu Shnu last night because "its farside, maybe we should all take photos of ourselves with it written on our foreheads our feelings about massclaims, maybe that'll give town an auto win?

Ill give you a clue here, its pointless outguessing the mod. All we really have is the odds, saying she put 3 scum in this game is the same as guessing what kind of paper farside wrote her set up on. Its useless, and I wish you could see that.

Also just to prove a small insignificant point here, Image

The o didnt turn out well.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

But you aren't getting it! If we assume that Farside wouldn't put 3 scum in a game, THAT is outguessing the mod. I'm saying we need to look at either possibility and decide what to do.

So, if we have 2 scum left. Worst that happens from a massclaim? We out power roles. The scum have their choice which one to go after. Best thing from massclaim? We can plan our night and we might have a better guess at who the scum are based on claims. Worst from no massclaim? I actually can't think of anything to put here. Best from no massclaim? The scum are still guessing on our roles.

If we have 3 scum left. Worst thing from a massclaim? We out power roles. Assuming we lynch correctly, the scum have their choice which one to go after. Best thing from a massclaim? We get all the information out for LYLO and can plan our night. And we might have a better guess at who the scum are based on claims. Worst from no massclaim? WE COULD LOSE THE GAME BECAUSE POROCHAZ DIDN'T THINK IT COULD BE LYLO. Best from no massclaim? The scum are still guessing on our roles. (only applies with a correct lynch).

The way I see it, massclaiming is the right move.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Porochaz »

We dont have 3 scum. There I said it. I think its blindingly obvious 3 scum and 1 sk would be a pain to balance.

8 townies 1 SK 3 scum Day 1
Lynch townie
Night 2 townies die
5 townies 1SK 3 Scum
Lynch townie
2 Townies die/1 Townie-SK dies
2Townies 1SK 3 Scum/3 Townies- 3 scum

Game over by day 2 (practically in the first one, actually in the second option)

This is why 3 scum/1SK is so unlikely in mini themes the game could potentially be over by day 2! You are over emphasising the information like its going to be a hot commodity when its not, let the remaining powerroles do there thing and stay silent. That way we can have our remaining roles actually do something useful before they get slaughtered by the massclaim. Because thats what your turning them into, sheep. Making it harder for town to win. I dont think I can make it any more clear how wrong I think this is when we are unsure. Adding a massclaim with 2 scum will confuse things and cause scum to take advantage by killing powerroles.

You assume by massclaiming that we will get an instant answer. We won't and we will probably end up lynching some vanilla townie. 3 scum - game over, 2 scum - live to see another day assuming option 2 is true then night passes most dangerous power role to the scum gets killed, town is in the shit, putting it mildly and lastly I think I can do a bit of the caps lock thing as well WE COULD LOSE BECAUSE KMD THOUGHT A MASSCLAIM WAS A GOOD IDEA WHEN WE ARE UNSURE WERE IN LYLO.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Ugh. We could go back and forth forever on 2 scum or 3 but it's been a long time with too little scum hunting.
kmd wrote:Zorblag: I keep going back and forth on him in my head. His back and forth with Kloud is interesting.
Can you be more specific? Do you think that kloud is misrepresenting the case? Do you think that Zorblag looks town without the perspective of thinking kloud is scummy?
kloud wrote:wolf...I think he and Jahudo have posted the most content analyzing this predicament (correct me if I am wrong). This being said, I must admit that I have not read as closely into Wolf's play as I need to, which is my reasoning for placing him in the neutral territory.
Do you think that scum would want to prolong setup talk and massclaim ideas for their own reasons? Do you think that anyone is intentionally doing this or is everyone just trying to make sure we make the right decision?
pacman wrote:I receive a not-so-good vibe from Zorblag; possibly due to his high activity, he usually makes some bad points; also, he looked "swingy" at some points. He is not totally scummy, but he is sometimes not good.
I receive a not so good vibe from Porochaz; his posts are usually not good, and he swinged waay fast after my claim.
pacman, can you explain how you think these people are "swingy"? Is that similar to wishy washy voting behavior or suspicion behavior? Do you think that they are genuinely following their feelings or are they the feelings of the group that is motivating them?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Zorblag »

I'm checking in briefly this morning and I should have more this afternoon/evening. While I in theory agree with Porochaz that there are probably 2 scum rather than 3 I find his level of certainty to be troubling. Unless he has some sort of additional information that the rest of us don't have access to there shouldn't be a way for him to be as sure as he's claiming to be. The simplest way for him to have that information would be for him to be scum.

Additionally Porochaz has been focused on massclaim issues to the exclusion of anything else since we started talking more about suspicions (while most everyone else has been looking at other players which should be helpful.) As such, Porochaz has risen on my list of potential scum from a borderline entry to a much more solid entry.
FoS: Porochaz

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Porochaz, I can see where it would be hard to balance a game like that, but that doesn't make it impossible.
Jahudo wrote:
kmd wrote:Zorblag: I keep going back and forth on him in my head. His back and forth with Kloud is interesting.
Can you be more specific? Do you think that kloud is misrepresenting the case? Do you think that Zorblag looks town without the perspective of thinking kloud is scummy?
What I meant is I can kind of see Kloud's points except that I am suspicious of Kloud. If he is misrepresenting, he is doing a good job of it.

Zorblag, I see your point on Porochaz. I'd like to add that if we are in fact in LYLO, the scum would want us to think otherwise (WIFOM, I know, but think about it). That way, we aren't as careful about our lynch, and they win while we sit around with our thumbs up our asses.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Porochaz »

Zorblag wrote:I'm checking in briefly this morning and I should have more this afternoon/evening. While I in theory agree with Porochaz that there are probably 2 scum rather than 3 I find his level of certainty to be troubling. Unless he has some sort of additional information that the rest of us don't have access to there shouldn't be a way for him to be as sure as he's claiming to be. The simplest way for him to have that information would be for him to be scum.
I was waiting for someone to make this point. The thing is I have made it perfectly clear that its from an odds and a common sense point of view than anything else.
Additionally Porochaz has been focused on massclaim issues to the exclusion of anything else
because its the main thing thats been brought up and I feel so strongly against it that Im going to fight against it, theres no point arguing suspicions if a massclaim is going to overrule it
since we started talking more about suspicions (while most everyone else has been looking at other players which should be helpful.)
Im looking but currently this is more important
As such, Porochaz has risen on my list of potential scum from a borderline entry to a much more solid entry.
FoS: Porochaz

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Also what could benifit me, if I was scum by not having the massclaim. Scum should be revelling that town want a massclaim, that I will go into once the game is over. Massclaim benifits scum, no massclaim leaves them in the same position as before.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:11 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Porochaz wrote:
Also what could benifit me, if I was scum by not having the massclaim.
Scum should be revelling that town want a massclaim, that I will go into once the game is over. Massclaim benifits scum, no massclaim leaves them in the same position as before.
If we are in LYLO, the scum know it. They don't want the town to know it. By saying it's unlikely, they might convince the town that it isn't LYLO. The town runs up a small wagon. Scum jump on. Game over.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

But then I doubt were in lylo,were going round in circles.

However, whilst your post is possible, that could backfire. If town jump on a scums wagon. Massclaim is a lot more benifical to them than that.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well I was speaking more of the concept of LYLO that comes with a massclaim. If we don't massclaim, we are assuming we are not in LYLO. If we assume we are not in LYLO, some townies may run up a small wagon. If some townies run up a small wagon, and we are in LYLO, the scum will quicklynch for the win.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

Im sure were not in LYLO, the town can decide. Ive made my case and I think its a stupid idea, hopefully the majority of town will agree with me. Scum are enjoying this and more than likely pushing this massclaim. But can we vote now on whether we do or dont
vote no massclaim
and get it over with.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”