Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 564, Enchant wrote: COOL NOW I LOOK INCOMPETENT
Why? We want to send town to heaven so if anything it’s the opposite??

In post 574, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 573, Aureal wrote:
In post 557, Bellaphant wrote: I really liked the catch up for town but dislike 555 quite a lot.

BTW could you elaborate on this?

In post 572, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 568, Enchant wrote: In long run it didn't matter it's all mafia ploy.

8 players
5 good
3 evil

And Aisa didn't vote for self.
So mafia helped.
Also, this makes one of(if not both) Aureal and Vander town confirmed.

*scratches head* How's that? Obviously I know I'm town, but from your POV what's stopping Vander and I from being scum and just the third one voting Aisa?
Honestly forgetting that we still have 3 scum left, and not just 2 lol.

And feeling confident about Ranger being scum from PoE, I jumped to conclusions.
Nggghhhh. I don’t like this, it sounds like it could be a townslip at first…
except
for you to quote and believe enchants post (“scum must have helped”) then you have to be working from the pov of there being 3 scum and 5 townies. If you think its 6:2 then it’s entirely possible for the five on the wagon plus asia to be town. The excuse of “oh I forgot it was 3 scum whoops” doesn’t match with the original post and to be looks like it’s fabricating a lack of knowledge.

Also don’t like the idea of confirming people as town based on “confidence” in a scumread - confirm people based on actual fact and truth. Unless you “know” for a fact that Ranger is scum because they’re your buddy!

VOTE: drew for now, but would also vote ranger.

(I don’t want to put them at e-1 yet cos if they’re gonna be openly scum I assume they’ll just self hammer (although - is that actually a bad thing in nightless??))
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:27 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.

Yeah, two mafia minimum from my POV voted Aisa.
Maybe implying my reads were better?
Who knows
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:32 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 570, Aureal wrote: So anyway, Vander, what do you have for scumreads now? You obviously were scumreading Ranger- does Aisa being town affect that? She was most interested in defending Ranger, do you think she was wrong? And who else would you see as being scum with Ranger since it seemed like you were most wary of Aisa? You've been feeling most everyone else is somewhat towny, but there's got to be two more scum in there.
Yeah I mean it seems even more likely now that Aisa was wrong, I don't understand why scum would want to send Aisa to heaven over me if they know that Ranger is town and they can get an extremely reliable kill there to win the game if they can lim someone other than Ranger today.
I'm not super confident in other scum, very likely not OE/Enchant.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:34 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 557, Bellaphant wrote: I really liked the catch up for town but dislike 555 quite a lot.

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.

*scratches head* How's that? Obviously I know I'm town, but from your POV what's stopping Vander and I from being scum and just the third one voting Aisa?

And feeling confident about Ranger being scum from PoE, I jumped to conclusions.
I guess this is towny.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:36 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 575, AurorusVox wrote:
In post 564, Enchant wrote: COOL NOW I LOOK INCOMPETENT
Why? We want to send town to heaven so if anything it’s the opposite??

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.

Nggghhhh. I don’t like this, it sounds like it could be a townslip at first…
except
for you to quote and believe enchants post (“scum must have helped”) then you have to be working from the pov of there being 3 scum and 5 townies. If you think its 6:2 then it’s entirely possible for the five on the wagon plus asia to be town. The excuse of “oh I forgot it was 3 scum whoops” doesn’t match with the original post and to be looks like it’s fabricating a lack of knowledge.

Also don’t like the idea of confirming people as town based on “confidence” in a scumread - confirm people based on actual fact and truth. Unless you “know” for a fact that Ranger is scum because they’re your buddy!

VOTE: drew for now, but would also vote ranger.

(I don’t want to put them at e-1 yet cos if they’re gonna be openly scum I assume they’ll just self hammer (although - is that actually a bad thing in nightless??))
Ok, you've convinced me.
I guess the fact that Drew was quoting a post that said 5 town and 3 scum when making that post makes it a little more dubious.
I'll put it as null though.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:38 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

VOTE: Ranger

Sorry if this is wrong, Ranger, it's my fault if it is, but nothing I'm seeing is making me change my mind.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Enchant »

UNVOTE:
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:54 am

Post by Bellaphant »

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.

I guess I'd never seen it before? The reads from other people worked out in that depth seemed to have more scum than town utility. Especially in this game where we have to work out who's going to vote who If we end up at two two, etc. Can you talk me through your why a little bit?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:54 am

Post by Bellaphant »

8 players
5 good
3 evil

So mafia helped.

I guess I'd never seen it before? The reads from other people worked out in that depth seemed to have more scum than town utility. Especially in this game where we have to work out who's going to vote who If we end up at two two, etc. Can you talk me through your why a little bit?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:54 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 577, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 570, Aureal wrote: So anyway, Vander, what do you have for scumreads now? You obviously were scumreading Ranger- does Aisa being town affect that? She was most interested in defending Ranger, do you think she was wrong? And who else would you see as being scum with Ranger since it seemed like you were most wary of Aisa? You've been feeling most everyone else is somewhat towny, but there's got to be two more scum in there.
Yeah I mean it seems even more likely now that Aisa was wrong, I don't understand why scum would want to send Aisa to heaven over me if they know that Ranger is town and they can get an extremely reliable kill there to win the game if they can lim someone other than Ranger today.
Can you talk me through this as well?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 583, Bellaphant wrote: I guess I'd never seen it before? The reads from other people worked out in that depth seemed to have more scum than town utility. Especially in this game where we have to work out who's going to vote who If we end up at two two, etc. Can you talk me through your why a little bit?

Seen someone go in-depth into evaluating a player's positions? Yeah, can't say I've done that before either, but I haven't replaced into a game with 20 pages and weird mechanics before either. If I'd been here all along I'd be feeling it more organically, I expect, but getting it all infodumped at once left me unsatisfied with my grasp on things and felt I needed to start digging more. And it did give me some things to think about, so I think it was useful for me at the least. I think I want to poke around more at what AV's been doing next- I clearly got next to nothing on him from Vander's ISO.

So it wasn't anything in particular you didn't like then, you didn't think my perspective was misleading or dangerous or anything like that, you just don't find it useful?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 584, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 577, Vanderscamp wrote:
Can you talk me through this as well?
What part do you need talking through?

I know two scum minimum voted Aisa for heaven in a spot I could have been hammered, this post is speculating why.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Enchant »

I am uncomfortable that Ranger hit E-1 so fast.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@aureal, thats not what I said? I said it felt scummy because scum need to know more clearly with this mech who would vote who when, etc, Ans that's what it seemed a bit like.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@aureal, thats not what I said? I said it felt scummy because scum need to know more clearly with this mech who would vote who when, etc, Ans that's what it seemed a bit like.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@vander it's the why I feel is missing? Maybe I'm tired but it feels like conclusions, not procees. This in particular ' understand why scum would want to send Aisa to heaven over me if they know that Ranger is town and they can get an extremely reliable kill there to win the game if they can lim someone other than Ranger today.'
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 588, Bellaphant wrote: @aureal, thats not what I said? I said it felt scummy because scum need to know more clearly with this mech who would vote who when, etc, Ans that's what it seemed a bit like.
Okay, I can see where you're coming from with that I guess, though I think trying to understand what scum's plan could be can be helpful.

Mostly I was just wondering if you thought that case was a read on Vander and you didn't like it, when it was mostly just trying to evaluate what he's been doing.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 590, Bellaphant wrote: @vander it's the why I feel is missing? Maybe I'm tired but it feels like conclusions, not procees. This in particular ' understand why scum would want to send Aisa to heaven over me if they know that Ranger is town and they can get an extremely reliable kill there to win the game if they can lim someone other than Ranger today.'
I don't understand this either. The last stuff Aisa was saying indicated that she was very confused about how to feel about basically everyone. I don't think there's any 'extremely reliable kill' coming from her.

It does seem somewhat more likely that they'll be trying to go that route for the win now than trying to go the much longer way and get two scum voted into heaven. Which maybe makes it more likely that Ranger is town? They wouldn't think everyone would drop their scumreads just because we saw Aisa, who was defending Ranger earlier, flip town.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 592, Aureal wrote:
In post 590, Bellaphant wrote: @vander it's the why I feel is missing? Maybe I'm tired but it feels like conclusions, not procees. This in particular ' understand why scum would want to send Aisa to heaven over me if they know that Ranger is town and they can get an extremely reliable kill there to win the game if they can lim someone other than Ranger today.'
I don't understand this either. The last stuff Aisa was saying indicated that she was very confused about how to feel about basically everyone. I don't think there's any 'extremely reliable kill' coming from her.

It does seem somewhat more likely that they'll be trying to go that route for the win now than trying to go the much longer way and get two scum voted into heaven. Which maybe makes it more likely that Ranger is town? They wouldn't think everyone would drop their scumreads just because we saw Aisa, who was defending Ranger earlier, flip town.
If I am understanding you correctly, this is an interesting point. Possible that scum feels it is too dangerous to go against the grain if the consensus is to send a townie to heaven, and they feel they have a much better shot at sending a townie to hell anyways.

But as far as the Aisa read on Ranger, that really is a big wifom sandwich you are you are proposing here. Also you are defending Ranger without actually 'defending' her. A bit sketch imo.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Ranger »

Mod: V/LA for another 24 hours or so

Apologies, too exhausted to play right now. (Full disclosure, that might happen a lot the next couple weeks. Work got busy, and I'm suffering from it.)

I'll say this in the meanwhile.

I believe the scum were initially opposed to sending Aisa to heaven, but jumped onboard when they realized it would be advantageous for them to remove the only player defending me.

Aisa pointed out herself she's the only player who was defending me.
So a question; who am I scum with?

I'm not scum with anyone because everyone is willing to kill me, and Aisa--the player removed--was the only one who had a counter-opinion to this.

I believe I can find who the scum are more specifically if I am not as mentally exhausted as I am today.
I believe the wagons do tell who is likely scum, and from analysis we can get a better idea of who is scum, with content refining this further.

Wish I could give more right now, but again; exhausted, tired, can't think properly about things.

I promise I'll respond and go indepth into things when able to.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 594, Ranger wrote:
Mod: V/LA for another 24 hours or so

Apologies, too exhausted to play right now. (Full disclosure, that might happen a lot the next couple weeks. Work got busy, and I'm suffering from it.)

I'll say this in the meanwhile.

I believe the scum were initially opposed to sending Aisa to heaven, but jumped onboard when they realized it would be advantageous for them to remove the only player defending me.

Aisa pointed out herself she's the only player who was defending me.
So a question; who am I scum with?

I'm not scum with anyone because everyone is willing to kill me, and Aisa--the player removed--was the only one who had a counter-opinion to this.

I believe I can find who the scum are more specifically if I am not as mentally exhausted as I am today.
I believe the wagons do tell who is likely scum, and from analysis we can get a better idea of who is scum, with content refining this further.

Wish I could give more right now, but again; exhausted, tired, can't think properly about things.

I promise I'll respond and go indepth into things when able to.
As someone who had a panic attack yesterday for the first time in forever, and feeling the aftershocks all day today, take care of your well being before worrying about this game.

But when you get back, Enchant does seem a bit worried to see you elim'ed it seems.....
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@aureal, aisa had been consistent about one of her trs being wrong, yeah. I'd been good with just auto-voting ranger or Dr drew but I haven't liked anything from enchant and they normally town it up, especially Inna game this mech heavy.

I don't know how I feel about what ranger said just then about aisa.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

For clarity, my read on Dr drew seems to flip every post they make: I didn't like their poarinf at all a few pages ago but liked their recent one. I don't know what that means.

Im pretty sure ranger/ox-enchant isn't scum/scum, can I get a sense check on that?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

For clarity, my read on Dr drew seems to flip every post they make: I didn't like their poarinf at all a few pages ago but liked their recent one. I don't know what that means.

Im pretty sure ranger/ox-enchant isn't scum/scum, can I get a sense check on that?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Sorry, I'm not sure why I keep double posting

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”