Newbie 2114: Life Imitates Art...in Memes! -- End

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:47 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1544, patchwork wrote: VOTE: dragon if dragon doesn't get quickhammered he's scum
That's such a fucking stupid test.
But there's no way Patch is scum after this.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:07 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Before anyone votes me, please read my next post (which I am going to post sometime in the next few hours)
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:46 pm

Post by bewolkt »

In post 1551, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1544, patchwork wrote: VOTE: dragon if dragon doesn't get quickhammered he's scum
lol why?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay guys I got it for real. The last few pages made it crystal clear to me.
The scum team is bewolkt and Kanna. I am calling it and regardless of who gets voted out today, you are all gonna be telling "gj bro" in the postgame because I fucking found it.
Let me make my case:

I am going to go player by player, including myself, and prove/explain their alignment.

Patchwork
: I got a hard townread on this guy (or gal? idk) for most of D1, due to their vibes, and also due to their posting style, and tone, aligning exactly with their other 2 games in which they were town. My main suspicion of them came from their 2 hammers, but on review they are both NAI - in both cases I as town would've probably hammered, just not with the same suddenness. Their D3 has actually been very townie in vibe and they act according to their town meta, unlike what bewo is saying. Also their vote on me and unvote couldn't ever come from maf. It's too wolfy to be a wolf.

Elpis
: honestly their tone feels very genuine. Like it's so obvious they are town. Yes I did say I'm unimpressed with their readlist, and it's true, but it's also true that impressive =/= town. I mean no offense meant but Kawaii hasn't made any impressive pushes either. But their tone, the fact that they are not happy to just hammer me with scum and get an easy win, they feel very townie.

Myself
: first, I'd like to explain why I can't be scum with anyone, like Kanna said they couldn't. Then I'll also explain why I am town.
I can't be scum with Patch because I said at the beginning of the day I am willing to vote patch, patch has been willing to vote me and indeed haa voted me. It would be crazy bad play as scum. I also said on D2 I'm 100% sure it's patch and Alisae and I wouldn't have done that as their partner.
I can't be scum with bewolkt and Kanna either, since both of them are aggressively pushing for my lim right now and are probably going to vote me as soon as I finish writing this post and submit it. I don't see bussing as a possible good tactic here when scum are so close to winning rn. I've also pushed bewolkt rather strongly and they pushed me early on as well. I'll admit I may have let go of the push too early, and should've probably seen it through to the end, but then by the same argument what's happened to Kanna's scumread on bewolkt? So I think this argunent is invalid.
Then with Elpis, I guess I could theoretically be their partner, but Elpis being town knows that I am bot their partner. So I guess if they actually believe this argument I just need to convince patch now.
So, why I am town regardless of partnering - unlike Kanna who is just trying to get either me or patch hammered ASAP, I am actually TRYING TO UNDERSTAND what's going on. Like yeah I've changed my opinions several times, that's not scummy that's trying to solve the game for fuck's sake. And no I haven't been lining up eliminations, I've only explained why I thought that limming Aureal would shed more light on the situation through associatives. I guess I fucking suck at associatives though. Sorry about that Ali.

Bewolkt
- this slot wasn't contributing, was called out on it and posted a nonesense readlist. Their main suspect was I, but they had to use the most convoluted twists of logic in order to throw shade on me. Like c'mon how can you aay someone is not proactive when they've attenpted to start 2 wagons? Just because the people they pushed were "inactive" (which is untrue btw, I attacked Aero for being buddy rather than inactive)? How can you say that not bloating my readlist with a fuckton of words makes it scummy? It was an honest readlist and I have expressed my sentiments towards the players. Or implied them, like Ircher explained that is acceptable to do. My point is, bewolkt can't get an honest scumread ao they invent fake reasoning to scumread someone.
And on D3 I can just feel the eagerness to hammer town dripping from their posts. They are 100% aligned with Kanna. Just read their combined D3 ISO ffs.

Kanna
- okay I thought Kanna was town for most of the game. They've honestly fooled me. But there comes a point where a player is SO tunneled you realize it could only come from scum. Like Kanna is sweet and ays games with me while also says I am scum? And doesn't listen to my reasoning whatsoever even though I was a big townread on previous days? What kinda town player does that? I also really don't like how they made a scumread on bewolkt but are now just dismissing that reasoning about bewolkt. It feels like they just distanced themself from bewo but never intended to push that slot. Also, their random Aureal/Elpis solve on D1 honestly feels so fucking weird and I feel it was meant as a sort of a chaotic distraction to confuse town even more (it did confuse me), and to appear towny IG.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:55 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1553, bewolkt wrote:
lol why?
Scum wouldn't use that logic ubless the actually intend to make a serious final push with it. The fact that patch unvoted makes them town in my eyes because they realized how stupid that would be.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:57 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

As an aside, Alisae thought it was me and Kanna yesterday. I wonder which of us she thinks is scum now. I guess I'll find out in the postgame.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:58 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Oh I forgot to mention I can't be scum woth oatch because I didn't even know patch hammered Alisae on the D2 twilight and I actually made an uninformed slip about it by saying the fight with Alisae is too much for me.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:59 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

With patch*
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:00 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

lol why?
This btw is not a towny post. Town don't react this way. Especially not to people they scumread.
But scum do it as a way to subtly throw shade and appear like they are participating.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:01 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'm one hundred, like one zero zero, percent sure that bewolkt is scum here.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:03 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I am not going for an experiment here. I am declaring my intent to vote bewolkt in 9 hours unless someone comes up with a better solve that doesn't involve me as scum (because that solve would be wrong FMPOV).
I am 99% sure nobody will because this is the correct solve, but you guys haven't voted me yet so I feel it's fair not to vote bewo without warning.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:11 am

Post by patchwork »

Can we vote Kanna they’re more influency
lolhammer count: 3
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:39 am

Post by bewolkt »

In post 1559, DragonEater70 wrote:
lol why?
This btw is not a towny post. Town don't react this way. Especially not to people they scumread.
But scum do it as a way to subtly throw shade and appear like they are participating.
I just don't see why you would see that and think that automatically makes Patch a townie, unless somehow it serves your purpose in some way. If you think they are town, it can happen that they thought of trying that and then thought it was not a good experiment and then unvoted. Fair. But it can also be coming from scum that's trying to show that they might be willing to vote for you, but they really don't since they unvoted immediately after.

And that's totally how I would react to people I scumread. If you were more townie to my eyes I would try to convince you that what you said it's not true.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:49 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1562, patchwork wrote: Can we vote Kanna they’re more influency
The issue is:
A. There is still a tiny chance Kanna is town whereas with bewolkt there's none.
B. I hate to admit it but I feel kinda attached to Kanna.

But if you and Elpis want Kanna first, I'll accept. Because she is scum. And I shouldn't be crying over voting scum.

Bwaaaah I am going to cry now. I actually can't believe I voted Alisae and Aureal. I feel like such a dorkkk.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:50 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Btw I hate to be so self conscious but I have a feeling my last post isn't buying me a lot of towncred, but I posted it anyway cause I truly feel that way.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:58 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1563, bewolkt wrote:
lol why?

And that's totally how I would react to people I scumread.
If you were more townie to my eyes I would try to convince you that what you said it's not true.
That's a weird fucking sentence. Why would town!you want to convince town!me that Patch isn't townie, based on that post???
Town normally query posts like 1551, with an open mind. They don't try to convince people they are wrong like that and they don't say "lol why".
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:12 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Also can I say something proactively:
My recebt attacks on bewolkt are NOT nitpicking. I
know
how town plays and how scum plays. I am not saying that town doesn't play the way bewolkt does because it suits my needs, I say it because I've actually played here enough to understand the town mindset and the scum mindset.

I am gonna link another game here just so you have proof I'm not talking nonsense here.
in this game, I was town, Empathice was scum. I didn't have any info on Empath but I could just see his play wasn't genuine and I was right. Here's his ISO:

viewtopic.php?p=13685518&f=3&t=90611&us ... #p13685518

Here's me making a scum case against him based on his scummy playstyle and shade throwing:

viewtopic.php?p=13698889&hilit=Empath#p13698889

Obviously bewolkt is not exactly the same as Empath here, but my reads are the same kind of reads. Based on a lot of small things that add up. And on seeing the difference between honest townplay and fake and weird posts that can't come from town.
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:14 am

Post by bewolkt »

In post 1566, DragonEater70 wrote:
lol why?

If you were more townie to my eyes I would try to convince you that what you said it's not true.
That's a weird fucking sentence. Why would town!you want to convince town!me that Patch isn't townie, based on that post???
Town normally query posts like 1551, with an open mind. They don't try to convince people they are wrong like that and they don't say "lol why".
But I'm not trying to convince you. Because I'm feeling you are trying to present things in a way that suits you. But if I thought you were town I would try to convince you yes.
bewolkt
bewolkt
Goon
bewolkt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:14 am

Post by bewolkt »

In post 1566, DragonEater70 wrote:
lol why?

But I'm not trying to convince you. Because I'm feeling you are trying to present things in a way that suits you. But if I thought you were town I would try to convince you yes.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:16 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Guys I rest my case.

Let's all vote bewo (or Kanna idc) in 7 hours.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:39 am

Post by patchwork »

okay let’s try again
VOTE: bewolkt if bewolkt doesn’t get quickhammered they’re scum
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Elpis »

This is once again a bad idea
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:00 am

Post by patchwork »

It’s okay I have no classes for the next hour
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:07 am

Post by Elpis »

and what if they do get quickhammered? we lose?
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:07 am

Post by Elpis »

This seems like a MASSIVE gamble

- Griffin Mcelroy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”