Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:28 am

Post by Black »

In post 597, Kokichi Oma wrote: E-1 someone hammer
Should we really cut the day this short?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:30 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Yes, we have claimed possible scum in best scenario and claimed non town in worst scenario
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:37 am

Post by Black »

I am down for a hebi elim, what I was asking was do you think we should wait so we can get more information D1?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:38 am

Post by Frogs »

cakez here
ali told me hebi is claiming third party? yeah that needs to go today
reading
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:42 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 376, Black wrote:
In post 372, Frogs wrote: i agree with Hebi that my Porkens read could change/depend a lot on Black's alignment

-sc
What is your current read on Porkens?

Also I think you should scumcase me and explain why you are ok with Ali's vote. If you are confident enough in my alignment to try to sway others to my wagon and also discredit people that townread me, surely you are capable of explaining why I am wolf other than I am drifting?
i think Porkens is scum
it's way too early to write a scumcase, ali and I have made our reasoning for scumreading you clear
i actually find it scummy in itself that you are asking us to write a case

-sc
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:44 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 402, hebichan wrote: Damn, kinda want out
what kind of third party says this?

-sc
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:45 am

Post by Frogs »

it sounds to me like hebi might have just claimed her real role but changed the wincon and alignment? i've never heard of a survivor faction that needs parity to win. that sounds like a scum wincon.

-sc
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Frogs »

also i dont even know anything about star trek and I know the Borg are evil af
why would they be a neutral 3p?

-sc
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Rogue »

I'm ok with eliminating Hebi for a couple reasons.

1) I feel like the words being used by Hebi to both GreyICE & LLD are very manipulative. It feels more survivialistic than anything. I also dislike the "I want out", but then the "don't kill me before my birthday as it will upset me". One it's confusing, but at the same time it feels like frustrated scum in a corner.

2) Hebi's flip will definitely give information especially to other's possible alignment.

3) eventually hebi is going to be sorted and delaying her death is antitown at best esp if she is infact scum we just gave them more information.

~R
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 603, Frogs wrote: cakez here
ali told me hebi is claiming third party? yeah that needs to go today
reading
What if this is ali pretending to be cakez. Y-You can't fool me!

How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:52 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 608, Rogue wrote: I'm ok with eliminating Hebi for a couple reasons.

1) I feel like the words being used by Hebi to both GreyICE & LLD are very manipulative. It feels more survivialistic than anything. I also dislike the "I want out", but then the "don't kill me before my birthday as it will upset me". One it's confusing, but at the same time it feels like frustrated scum in a corner.

2) Hebi's flip will definitely give information especially to other's possible alignment.

3) eventually hebi is going to be sorted and delaying her death is antitown at best esp if she is infact scum we just gave them more information.

~R
If you're okay with it, then just vote it
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:54 am

Post by Rogue »

Koki -- Don't be a brat this game. I'm not even caught up. I'm reading the thread backwards. I don't want to end the game without being fully caught up because if I have questions or concerns I want to address them now.

Why are you manipulating me to end the day early?

Did you roll scum again? Do you want me to eliminate your scum partner and cut off discussion so you can't be caught again.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 611, Rogue wrote: Koki -- Don't be a brat this game. I'm not even caught up. I'm reading the thread backwards. I don't want to end the game without being fully caught up because if I have questions or concerns I want to address them now.

Did you roll scum again? Do you want me to eliminate your scum partner and cut off discussion so you can't be caught again.
This seems a bit defensive for something that you said you were okay with doing?

Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Rogue »

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Black »

In post 604, Frogs wrote: it's way too early to write a scumcase, ali and I have made our reasoning for scumreading you clear
At the time I wrote that neither of you were very transparent with your SR. Ali listed off half of my iso with no analysis and said it feels like wolf interacting with the thread and you said it felt like I was drifting lol. At least Ali elaborated some yesterday...you are still on the sidelines
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Rogue »

In post 611, Rogue wrote: Koki -- Don't be a brat this game. I'm not even caught up. I'm reading the thread backwards.
I don't want to end the game without being fully caught up because if I have questions or concerns I want to address them now.

I'll just say it louder for the class.
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Frogs »

i don't know how to feel about
i don't really have a read on xyzzy and this is a nice chonker post to read off of
but I did and i just feel very ambivalent, like a lot of it feels completely fakeable
someone better at mafia than me tell me if that post means anything

-sc
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 536, hebichan wrote: To clarify for you, as I said. Team of three. One member is a Canon borg character, the third is not a borg at all. Our faction is not borg themed and the third members role is not flavored or related to borgs at all, in abilities, fluff or anything.
hmmmm
ignore my post about borg being evil in flavor
i still think we need to kill hebi though for info

-sc
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:58 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

SOOOOOOO borringggg. You all can do your catch ups and reading during the night.

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:59 am

Post by Black »

I am with Rogue. I do not think ending the day early is a good idea
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Rogue
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Rogue
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:06 am

Post by Rogue »

VOTE: Koki
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:09 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 588, GreyICE wrote:
In post 581, xyzzy wrote:
eliminating hebichan here as policy doesn't give us useful info for day 2. if we later have reason to believe hebichan is lying scum, we can circle back around to that. if we eliminate town on day 1, that's obviously bad, but it gives us a wealth of information that eliminating a claimed survivor does not. the drawback of going into day 2 with less to work with is far greater than the "at least we didn't lose a town player" moral victory, especially because it doesn't stop us from getting closer to a scum win.
I want to just point at this and say "holy FUCK is xyzzy obvious scum" but to explain why this is pure horseshit, here we go:

First, hebi is very probably mafia. So
we have to eliminate her eventually
. Period. The Town WILL be eliminating her, so we will always be spending an elimination. Day 1 eliminations are the lowest information ones, not the highest one - using them on a probably mafia slot that is definitely not town is a great use.

Then there's the night phase. Yes, it exists. Hebi could have any role - rolecop, roleblocker, vanillizer, etc. Her role will not help the town. Her role will probably hurt the town. By eliminating her here, we give the
mafia
less information - they see no more claims, learn no more about who has what powers. And the mafia could very well be down a power role.

The information xyzzy loses is that he loses whatever information Hebi's power role might give his team, and he loses the information about any more claims from the day phase.
In post 583, KawaiiKame wrote:Holy Hell you right, voting someone else does give the most info in the flip to solve the game, as said b4 voting hebi is nai so we get 0 info in eliminating hebi
So when do we eliminate her? Day 2? Day 3? Day 4?

Make your case on why those are a better day to get a "NAI elimination". Because they're not.
oooh i could sheep GI on xyzzy
i like this post

-sc
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:12 am

Post by Frogs »

In post 614, Black wrote:
In post 604, Frogs wrote: it's way too early to write a scumcase, ali and I have made our reasoning for scumreading you clear
At the time I wrote that neither of you were very transparent with your SR. Ali listed off half of my iso with no analysis and said it feels like wolf interacting with the thread and you said it felt like I was drifting lol. At least Ali elaborated some yesterday...you are still on the sidelines
i don't feel like I have that much to say
a few of your posts have pinged me, my hydra partner thinks you are scum pretty strongly, that's it
this isn't a 100 page game, there isn't more for me to add
we want to eliminate hebi today not you anyways

-sc
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:14 am

Post by Porkens »

I say hebi outs her partners or we eliminate her. If they “win with town” what’s the downside?
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:16 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 620, Rogue wrote: VOTE: Koki

O-Oh no

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”