Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1249, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Does towm ceph really say that to Fen.
I think I have some relevant information here. I uh...I cop checked Cephrir and it came up bad
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

yes i do

hope that helps
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:23 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1251, Cephrir wrote: yes i do

hope that helps
yes I do...also say that as town

lol
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I don't see why furtive's partner(s) would be undecided?

Voting a guilty result is a perfectly reasonable course of action that would be silly to call someone scum for, so I don't see why they'd be hesitant to jump on that. Unless it's somehow furtive/Ceph, but.... that's a very silly world.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1253, Radical Rat wrote: I don't see why furtive's partner(s) would be undecided?

Voting a guilty result is a perfectly reasonable course of action that would be silly to call someone scum for, so I don't see why they'd be hesitant to jump on that. Unless it's somehow furtive/Ceph, but.... that's a very silly world.
Yeah, so do you think the team is me, Gimli and Enchant? Otherwise, what is your claimed worldview?
  • I'm scum
  • My partners are either voting with me or hesitant, which you just said they aren't.
At least put a bit of effort in rather than coming up with some garbage like this just to try and show a thought process.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1253, Radical Rat wrote: I don't see why furtive's partner(s) would be undecided?

kawaii hasn't posted in quite a while
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1255, Cephrir wrote:

Yeah he must be my partner, since only Mafia ever coast... -_-
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1256, furtiveglance wrote:

you literally just accused someone of coming up with some garbage to try and show a thought process and then made this post as though "coasting" is my case when i have already outlined exactly why i think kawaii is your partner

the enchant school of scumplay
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1257, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1256, furtiveglance wrote:

you literally just accused someone of coming up with some garbage to try and show a thought process and then made this post as though "coasting" is my case when i have already outlined exactly why i think kawaii is your partner

the enchant school of scumplay
I mean I have ignored most of your posting today
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

a little tired of the just outright making shit up today

try a little please
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1259, Cephrir wrote: a little tired of the just outright making shit up today

try a little please
I will write a poem without the aid of ChatGPT to show my effort in this game

There once was a Mafia game
The Kingdom of Zeal its name
I will tell you now of its fame
That legendary Mafia game

There were 13 players all told
Some young, but others were old
Some good, but others' hearts cold
Those 13 players all told

I, furtiveglance, was a Cop
My task was the mafia to bop
On Day 1 I avoided the chop
Yes I furtiveglance was a Cop

Night 1 I checked Cephrir the Red
No magic found under his bed
He must have been Earthbound it said
Yes Cephrir was seen to be Red

On Day 2 the players were stuck
Although I had received good luck
They thought I was shady as fuck
On Day 2 those players were stuck

There you go, I tried a little
Ethel
Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Ethel »

UNVOTE: furtiveglance
At the very least, this poem deserves to make me give this further thinking.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Wait really
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

it is so silly that i've repeatedly shown inconsistencies in this dude's mindset and he's got a poemig a think about itna and we're really still having a think
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Cephrir »

my cat made a million typos in that post and then posted it somehow

it is so silly that i've repeatedly shown inconsistencies in this dude's mindset and he's got a poem and we're really still having a think about it
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:23 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Ceph you do a poem
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

how on earth did you know that ethel likes poems lmao
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:24 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1264, Cephrir wrote: my cat made a million typos in that post and then posted it somehow

it is so silly that i've repeatedly shown inconsistencies in this dude's mindset and he's got a poem and we're really still having a think about it
What inconsistencies

I really did check you because you're hard to read. I must have forgot that I'd correctly called you embarrassingly thirsty to eliminate me, a N1 Cop, the day before
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1254, furtiveglance wrote:

Yeah, so do you think the team is me, Gimli and Enchant? Otherwise, what is your claimed worldview?
  • I'm scum
  • My partners are either voting with me or hesitant, which you just said they aren't.
At least put a bit of effort in rather than coming up with some garbage like this just to try and show a thought process.
You're right. I haven't been putting as much thought into complete solves as I should have been. Even on an individual basis, my reads just aren't as strong as they usually are by this point in a game. Probably a symptom of me not being here for the start, but in any case, I should be attempting a more holistic approach here.

Ranger is my strongest scumread. Even that isn't as confident as I was on her yesterday, but she's the only one existing outside of "lean" territory right now.

For you, I don't think your stated motivations quite line up, and I think that you're the correct elimination from a purely mechanical point of view... but I don't think Ranger's behavior toward you makes sense if you're both scum. And I don't think the kill makes sense if you're both Town. So I'll either owe her an apology or a tunnel based on your flip, I guess.

Cephrir I have weird vibes on from D1, but the behavior that struck me as odd was his attitude toward the claims, where it felt like he just really wanted to get one of you eliminated, but that also only works if Ranger's Town, and today I think he's been talking a lot of sense. It's also very unlikely he's scum with you, so I don't know who would be viable partners?

Umlaut has been agreeing with and praising me a lot, and it makes me uneasy, but that again comes down to whether Ranger is Town, since I don't think bussing is something worth doing when the game's full of cops.

Kawaii and Ethel need to do more, but I can't form reads on what isn't there. Gut leans Town on both though.

Gimli I think has been deliberately misrepresentative and reductive, and I don't trust him as such. But also I felt the same way about him in Mutiny, and was very wrong most of the game because of it, so I'm trying to keep an open mind for now.

Enchant... I think I lean scum? It doesn't seem like he's being genuine, but it does still feel very on-brand for him.

StD I'm fairly comfortable with being Town. Nothing I've seen from him so far has raised any alarms.

LLD is probably Town as well. Whether you agree with her or not, it very much reads to me like she's genuinely attempting to solve the game, and I don't think she'd be so easily frustrated if she already knew she was lying.

So from there, the only viable full solve IS you/Gimli/Enchant... which requires me to townread Ranger, which I'm not really comfortable doing... but it would also be extremely silly to vote outside the 1v1 today, and at the moment you look worse than Cephrir to me, a viable solve exists even if I'm not quite satisfied with it, and eliminating you has mechanical backing.

Sorry for the wall with no real progression. When I started thinking about this, I thought I might actually have changed my mind, but... I didn't.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1265, furtiveglance wrote: Ceph you do a poem
if i do, mine will be better so be careful what you wish for
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:28 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1269, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1265, furtiveglance wrote: Ceph you do a poem
if i do, mine will be better so be careful what you wish for
Do it then. I challenge you to an ABAB rhyme scheme
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:28 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Really, I think a rap battle is the only fair way to resolve 1v1s

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:29 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Spoiler:
In post 1268, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1254, furtiveglance wrote:

• I'm scum
You're right. I haven't been putting as much thought into complete solves as I should have been. Even on an individual basis, my reads just aren't as strong as they usually are by this point in a game. Probably a symptom of me not being here for the start, but in any case, I should be attempting a more holistic approach here.

Ranger is my strongest scumread. Even that isn't as confident as I was on her yesterday, but she's the only one existing outside of "lean" territory right now.

For you, I don't think your stated motivations quite line up, and I think that you're the correct elimination from a purely mechanical point of view... but I don't think Ranger's behavior toward you makes sense if you're both scum. And I don't think the kill makes sense if you're both Town. So I'll either owe her an apology or a tunnel based on your flip, I guess.

Cephrir I have weird vibes on from D1, but the behavior that struck me as odd was his attitude toward the claims, where it felt like he just really wanted to get one of you eliminated, but that also only works if Ranger's Town, and today I think he's been talking a lot of sense. It's also very unlikely he's scum with you, so I don't know who would be viable partners?

Umlaut has been agreeing with and praising me a lot, and it makes me uneasy, but that again comes down to whether Ranger is Town, since I don't think bussing is something worth doing when the game's full of cops.

Kawaii and Ethel need to do more, but I can't form reads on what isn't there. Gut leans Town on both though.

Gimli I think has been deliberately misrepresentative and reductive, and I don't trust him as such. But also I felt the same way about him in Mutiny, and was very wrong most of the game because of it, so I'm trying to keep an open mind for now.

Enchant... I think I lean scum? It doesn't seem like he's being genuine, but it does still feel very on-brand for him.

StD I'm fairly comfortable with being Town. Nothing I've seen from him so far has raised any alarms.

LLD is probably Town as well. Whether you agree with her or not, it very much reads to me like she's genuinely attempting to solve the game, and I don't think she'd be so easily frustrated if she already knew she was lying.

So from there, the only viable full solve IS you/Gimli/Enchant... which requires me to townread Ranger, which I'm not really comfortable doing... but it would also be extremely silly to vote outside the 1v1 today, and at the moment you look worse than Cephrir to me, a viable solve exists even if I'm not quite satisfied with it, and eliminating you has mechanical backing.

Sorry for the wall with no real progression. When I started thinking about this, I thought I might actually have changed my mind, but... I didn't.

You're hiding behind the word mechanical here. What's the idea you're trying to express? Know that you can't piggyback on LLD anymore, since she's apparently voting me on a social read, and considers it equal mechanically.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Radical Rat »

As I said before, if we're to assume the worst case scenario and flip whichever of you is Town, you don't have an ability anymore, Cephrir (allegedly) does. Therefore, in the absence of other factors, you're the better elimination. That other factors are also pushing me towards you and not Cephrir cements my decision to vote you.

And I am again genuinely confused by the assertion that I'm "hiding behind LLD." I expressed suspicion first, and while I did agree with most of her logic after it was shared, I've also consistently had my own take on the situation, it doesn't make sense that I'm just coasting off her

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

i hate to even think it but there is a really significant part of my brain saying that ethel is scum here and suggested a poem as the only possible way she could flip on me without claiming scum <_<
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Open Games”