usesPython (1):
brzeczyszczykiewicz.
Black (1):
Malakittens.
brzeczyszczykiewicz (1):
chaodck.

Not Voting (1):
Andante.

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

The phase deadline is in (expired on 2023-03-30 20:16:46).
Last edited by furtiveglance on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

You've gone from 'TBD' to 'willing to hammer' pretty rapidly there.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

UNVOTE: Brian Skies
VOTE: BlueSnakelet

Open to hammering someone without sharing barely anything in 2-3 days of gametime (4 for the slot). Nah, that doesn't come from Town. All this cloak and dagger BS doesn't sit well with me and I find it highly scummy that someone is willing to end D1 so early without even sharing their thoughts on people.

I'd encourage several more people to vote this slot and apply some real pressure with me here.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 352, Deltabreedy wrote:
[...]
and I find it highly scummy that someone is willing to end D1 so early without even sharing their thoughts on people.

But I did... I'm just missing two people.

And I'm in no rush to end the day, I thought I made this point clear in my last post?
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

Okay fair enough - Delta
Blindy
over here. My bad

UNVOTE: BlueSnakelet

Your last post does suggest that if you were to have Chao answer you, that you would then be willing to hammer on Brian - which I found highly suspect given my missing of your readslist.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by BlueSnakelet »

I guess I need to clarify some things.

When chao finally answer my question, I'll talk about it, complete my readlist and only then, if everyone else is okay with it, I'll agree with a day end.

All I have is a hunch. I'm not even sure if I'm right, that's why I called it a hunch. All I want is to hear chao's opnion without having it be tainted by mine, so I may enforce or discard my hunch.

This isn't some grandmaster gambit of great importance. In fact, it's quite unimportant. I wanted to resolve it quietly way back in #271. It's unfortunate that it has escalated to the extent it did.
chaodck
chaodck
He/Him
Townie
chaodck
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by chaodck »

In post 355, BlueSnakelet wrote: I guess I need to clarify some things.

When chao finally answer my question, I'll talk about it, complete my readlist and only then, if everyone else is okay with it, I'll agree with a day end.

All I have is a hunch. I'm not even sure if I'm right, that's why I called it a hunch. All I want is to hear chao's opnion without having it be tainted by mine, so I may enforce or discard my hunch.

This isn't some grandmaster gambit of great importance. In fact, it's quite unimportant. I wanted to resolve it quietly way back in #271. It's unfortunate that it has escalated to the extent it did.
Ok, I've got some time, so I can read Brian's post and speak my mind on a few things:

- He starts off (after RVS), accusing Python of being either scum or an aggressive townie, leaning towards the second option.
I'm good with that analysis, initially Python sounded scummy to me, but my view of her has neutralised as of late.

- Then, he townreads Black, when he votes for me for using "interesting", yet he townreads me when I first call out brz.
I've got to say that I read his post when I already started to feel a bit pursued for my initial posts and thus felt I had an ally.

- Then came Wiz's Iso and his vote on him.
I really can't state where my mind was at the moment I seconded this. I was a bit manipulated by his TR on me, and I might have sheeped blindly. The Iso contained mostly if not only NAI things. I really don't know why I seconded this. Honest mistake born out of fear of being left alone at the start of the game.

- He then started calling out Mala for her inactivity after confirming.
I geniunly believe Mala wasn't hiding, I don't agree with his assessment at all.

- The late Andante vote before going to sleep, during what might have been a bandwagon start for her.
This is kind of scummy, it's pushing for an easy kill

Overall I have him leaning scum. I'm still not ready to vote him, specially in the middle of a wagon. My strongest SR is still BRZ (I've voted for him, back on my analysis on post , despite Admin saying I'm not voting, @furtiveglance). Do you have further questioning, BlueSnakelet?
"Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves against attack, and then they attack others." Niccolo Machiavelli in his masterpiece "The Prince" (1513).
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 356, chaodck wrote: Do you have further questioning, BlueSnakelet?
Nah, it's fine. I'm quite over it already. UNVOTE: chao

So... my hunch. I'm sure some people might have figured out already, but I was investigating a possible BrianXchao team.

I was suspicious of Brian's #137, where he townread chao's #38, which I don't think it was warranted (chao's analysis in #38 was pretty basic and easy to fake). chao didn't have enough townreadable content in his ISO at that point, so Brian's read felt forced.

Then there's Brian's #201/202, where he calls me out for voting chao. His reasoning was fair, but it did leave me scratching my head. "It looks like Brian is more than ready to jump at chao's defense" I thought.

At point, I was theorizing a BrianXchao scum team, but I wasn't convinced yet. The evidence I found was all in Brian's actions, I needed something from chao as well. That was what I was trying to flush out by asking chao to talk about Brian.

As for my reads. Brian stills looks sketch. Specially with:
In post 343, Brian Skies wrote: I see the wagon.

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
Brian doesn't know how to respond to the wagon, so he's trying to play it off.

As for chao... Don't worry, you're fine.

I realize now that I handled it all really poorly. I'm not proud of it anymore.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:56 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 343, Brian Skies wrote: I see the wagon.

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
This post is bugging me, it's a level of awareness that the wagon isn't actually gonna result in a lim that I don't know how to sort
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 358, usesPython wrote: This post is bugging me, it's a level of awareness that the wagon isn't actually gonna result in a lim that I don't know how to sort
Ok to formalize the points of contention here so that we actually have something to discuss:

1. Any sufficiently strong player will believe that the wagon isn't going to result in a lim, regardless of alignment
2. Any sufficiently weak player will believe that the wagon will result in a lim if Brian doesn't do something to stop it, regardless of alignment
3. In the space between 1 and 2, which alignment is more likely to believe the wagon wont result in a lim?
4. Is Brian in the space between 1 and 2 or not?
Plural
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:50 pm

Post by Black »

That's pretty much what I was expecting from Blue. I think he was making it pretty obvious that he was drawing connections between chao and Brian

I'm still leaving the door open for a chao partner if Brian flips wolf. Chao's posts have definitely gotten better but I'm not liking how he avoided giving a Brian opinion, and when he finally did he had to wait for awhile. I feel like that could have been an opportunity to get advice from Brian in the PT on how to handle the read. It would make sense if chao is pretty new needing advice from his SE wolfmate on how to deal with the pressure. Just a theory and I'm not saying this is reality but I can't rule it out

I think Blue comes out of this looking pretty townie to me. I can tell he's trying to solve with the way he approached the situation and I think is a clarification that a wolf doesn't need to make here. This post almost feels like he's worried that his questioning won't amount to anything so he has to give a disclaimer not to expect much. Just feels like a very green thought process

@python I'm also not really feeling Brian's response to all this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:53 pm

Post by Black »

Moar pressure on brz? He dipped as the pressure was building on him. I can totally see him coming back to the thread with a couple votes and just noping back out of here
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:53 pm

Post by Black »

VOTE: brz
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:57 pm

Post by Black »

In post 277, Black wrote: I think my list looks something like this after 12 pages

TOWN

python
Wiz
Delta
Blue
mala
Brian
chao
Andante
brz
SCUM

python and Wiz seem the towniest atm. Blue and mala have less content but I am also getting town vibes from them. Brian is nullish leaning slightly red I think, and then the bottom 3 are people I would be comfortable voting today
Update here: I'm swapping Blue/Delta, and also chao/Brian. I think I'm only interested in a brz/Brian lim but that could change depending on what Andante's catch up looks like today
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:13 am

Post by Black »

In post 357, BlueSnakelet wrote: I realize now that I handled it all really poorly. I'm not proud of it anymore.
I disagree fwiw. I think the line of questioning flowed pretty naturally with the thread until Delta made a big deal of it all
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:46 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 361, Black wrote: Moar pressure on brz? He dipped as the pressure was building on him. I can totally see him coming back to the thread with a couple votes and just noping back out of here
They're getting replaced if they don't post in the next 3 hours, realistically speaking the next post to come from that slot will probably be from a new person
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:50 am

Post by usesPython »

Actually at a second look, @furtive does the "activity timers run at half-speed on weekends" apply to the replacement timer too or just the prod timer?
In post 1, furtiveglance wrote:
Activity
- You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
Plural
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:56 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I think until a new person comes in for that slot, pressure there is perhaps not being applied in the best place.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

VOTE: Brian
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:58 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I agree with Black that on looking back Blue comes out towny from that interaction - on reflection I think my distaste for it and SR of it has been more of a playstyle clash than owt else.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Black »

In post 367, Deltabreedy wrote: I think until a new person comes in for that slot, pressure there is perhaps not being applied in the best place.

Probably...but I also just think the slot is scum
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Thats fair. I don't agree with every point in your ISO analysis of them but I can see the basis of the push.

What would it take for you to rejoin the Brian vote?

I find their self-referential meta usage in #341 from
almost ten years ago
to be pretty odd, not neccessarily NAI but is it really relevant or is it just noise? It semi-contradicts what Brian says in #265:
I only use meta to check a player's playstyle or check to see if they've done a specific action/behavior as either alignment. I'm not the type of player that presents a case on 'meta'. If I ever do this, you should policy me.
It's not a case, but then if you follow the thread of what Brian says, their own #341 seems to be a really weird post that I don't really understand? It's either NAI or Scum-Indicative but I don't see a townsperson saying 'You should policy me for using meta', then referencing their own meta.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

EBWOP

On line three:
'... not neccessarily
AI
'

Additionally, I get the sense that in response to the wagon forming to E-1, Brian's response was kind of nothing? It's just really odd and I'd like to see something a little more general because it appears to me that Brian has gotten away so far in D1 with using lots of words to say very little. An ISO doesn't indicate to me their thoughts on anyone other than Mala and Andante, beyond an ISO on my slot which was just a wall of quotes and a vague assertion at game-solving.

Listen I might be wrong on this and I'm wary of tunnelling (although Black knows I should probably commit more to my tunnels) but can someone critique this and pick holes in what I'm saying? I'm just getting real scumvibes from Brian.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Replacing brzeczyszczykiewicz.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:39 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 356, chaodck wrote:
In post 355, BlueSnakelet wrote: I guess I need to clarify some things.

Ok, I've got some time, so I can read Brian's post and speak my mind on a few things:

- He starts off (after RVS), accusing Python of being either scum or an aggressive townie, leaning towards the second option.
I'm good with that analysis, initially Python sounded scummy to me, but my view of her has neutralised as of late.

- Then, he townreads Black, when he votes for me for using "interesting", yet he townreads me when I first call out brz.
I've got to say that I read his post when I already started to feel a bit pursued for my initial posts and thus felt I had an ally.

- Then came Wiz's Iso and his vote on him.
I really can't state where my mind was at the moment I seconded this. I was a bit manipulated by his TR on me, and I might have sheeped blindly. The Iso contained mostly if not only NAI things. I really don't know why I seconded this. Honest mistake born out of fear of being left alone at the start of the game.

- He then started calling out Mala for her inactivity after confirming.
I geniunly believe Mala wasn't hiding, I don't agree with his assessment at all.

- The late Andante vote before going to sleep, during what might have been a bandwagon start for her.
This is kind of scummy, it's pushing for an easy kill

Overall I have him leaning scum. I'm still not ready to vote him, specially in the middle of a wagon. My strongest SR is still BRZ (I've voted for him, back on my analysis on post , despite Admin saying I'm not voting, @furtiveglance). Do you have further questioning, BlueSnakelet?
I missed this vote, sorry. I will now fix the votecounts.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”