Hu Tao (1):
Save The Dragons
Skygazer (1):
Greeting
Flavor Leaf (1):
KawaiiKame

not voting (2):
MalcolmTucker, Glitch

with 17 alive, it takes 9 to put someone in the machine. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-04-02 13:48:07)

moderateur notes
  • prodding skygazer
Last edited by schadd_ on Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Curious does not look that scummy to me.

Andante pinged me early, felt like a lot of chest puffing, specifically around where they were acting like a case should have been made against them at the time, when I specifically wasn’t able to word what i was finding scummy of them at the time.

That felt like scum knowing there wasn’t a real case there, adding some gasoline to a pile of the twigs that are curious.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Man I really don't get where ballpoint's coming from. Why would throwing weird shade at the CKD wagon be scummy...so much so that you'd swap off. The reason scum would want to throw shade on a wagon is if that wagon's a scumbud, so why not stay on the CKD wagon.

Seems very flip-floppy to me. Definitively suspicious of ballpoint right now.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
ballpointpen
ballpointpen
Townie
ballpointpen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by ballpointpen »

In post 253, Bub Bidderskins wrote: Man I really don't get where ballpoint's coming from. Why would throwing weird shade at the CKD wagon be scummy...so much so that you'd swap off. The reason scum would want to throw shade on a wagon is if that wagon's a scumbud, so why not stay on the CKD wagon.

it doesn't have to be w/w? there's been instances where people shade wagons so they can go "see how right i was" without actually fighting the wagon itself. either way, greeting's post is real low-blow to literally everyone who voted ckd while using that "fact" to accuse Hu
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 176, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 170, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 166, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 165, KittyTacky wrote: I don't like Kowah's push on Greeting.
Well you should. They literally slipped and called me town which is impossible for any town player to know on D1. Its not, however, impossible for scum to know on D1.
????

Do you not know that "X is town" is basically just a way to say "I have a strong TR on X"?
Yeah it wasn't said like that at all. Post - "Both town and mafia can make contentless posts for no reason or for whatever reason really.
It is a common mistake for town
to assume that every post has intention."

That was in response to my . "I feel like everything is alignment indicative. Every post is made with intentions. Its not up to the poster to express this, but up to the player-base to interpret."

They did not just simply say "Kowah is town" they responded and said what I said "is a common mistake for town" that's not a town read. That's not a guess. That was an attempt to discredit my opinion on the game followed by a them blatantly mentioning what my alignment is. This does not come from a town POV.

Also, why don't you actually read the game before you come in here and discredit what I've been doing? What gives you the confidence to come in here, tell me you don't like my push on Greeting, and then openly prove you haven't even looked at it?
I did read it.

I thought it implied a townread. Nice misrep of me mate.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 180, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Well you should. They literally slipped and called me town which is impossible for any town player to know on D1. Its not, however, impossible for scum to know on D1.
????

Do you not know that "X is town" is basically just a way to say "I have a strong TR on X"?
Yeah it wasn't said like that at all. Post - "Both town and mafia can make contentless posts for no reason or for whatever reason really.

That was in response to my . "I feel like everything is alignment indicative. Every post is made with intentions. Its not up to the poster to express this, but up to the player-base to interpret."

They did not just simply say "Kowah is town" they responded and said what I said "is a common mistake for town" that's not a town read. That's not a guess. That was an attempt to discredit my opinion on the game followed by a them blatantly mentioning what my alignment is. This does not come from a town POV.

Also, why don't you actually read the game before you come in here and discredit what I've been doing? What gives you the confidence to come in here, tell me you don't like my push on Greeting, and then openly prove you haven't even looked at it?
I think you've completely misinterpreted what Greeting said from reading it over again. Greeting was making a general comment that town will sometimes read too much into things, especially early game, and applying that logic to a scenario where you are town. If that were some unlikely possibility I'd understand the suspicion but in any given game of mafia most of us are town, it's not a stretch for Greeting to operate on the assumption you are early doors if they don't have a scumread on you as such.

I think you're town for this line of thinking though, I don't feel it's a strong reason for suspecting Greeting and I suspect scum would be a bit more aware of that and perhaps back off.
^
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

But the post does seem more like a pissed townie than flustered scum.
~Vasex
~Enchant
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:12 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 241, Glitch wrote:
In post 47, Greeting wrote:
In post 38, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 30, ballpointpen wrote: let me play the devil's advocate to your accusation: what you pointed out isn't unique to those two users, since savethedragons (i'll abbreivate to STD if that's ok) also just said "hi" without casting a vote, so wouldn't the same kind of logic apply to them?

and while people do vote for reasons during rvs its redundant because these are completely unaligned reasons that would be the same regardless of rand, so the votes are equally as non-commital and passive as the entrances, and the argument falls apart pretty quickly because of that
Sure, it's just the the timing that seemed a little...eh to me. Sort of "hey, let's show my face so everyone knows I'm cool but not actually try to move towards finding scum>" I'll admit it's weak and I'm not married to this tell, but my general read of scum behavior is that they're like politicans who'll pop in to show themselves but don't actually want to be attached to a wagon.

I'm much more confident in my read that it's very unlikely both Hsu and Kawaii are both scum just because of their interaction. It just seems like scum wouldn't banter with each other about such fluff just right out of the gate.
I'm with
STD
and
Cephrir
on this one.

And, as a matter of fact, one game when I was mafia, I tried pushing a similar point to move up the pace and fake a contribution.
This is weird. What has STD said that makes you "with them?" STD has contributed practically nothing. What are you talking about?

---

Be back with more in a bit.

I was referring to posts and .
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:13 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 246, ballpointpen wrote:
In post 158, Greeting wrote:
In post 139, NJAC wrote:
In post 92, Greeting wrote:
In post 78, NJAC wrote: I think Hu Tao can go to my town pile.

@Hu Tao: what's your experience with Mafia games?
Why?
I liked his response to the pressure.

Bub explained it better in .

This also answers Hu Tao's .
What about
Hu Tao
's response to pressure did you like? This slot has spent more energy being on the defensive than doing actual scumhunting. Seems to be quite comfortable sitting on the
curiouskarmadog
wagon, which appears to be a cozy place to be for the time being.
i dont like anything about this post, least of all the weird shade on curious' wagon
Why? I think that wagon is yucky.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:21 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 242, Cephrir wrote: i can't tell if this user is awkward or scum but woof
I think this could be scum. The analysis looks great on the surface, but not so great when read in-depth. Like, the answer to his question lies in the context and not in the post itself and he was not able to catch that.

Feels like they just went through a few things that happened in the game to fake a contribution.

VOTE: Glitch
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:22 pm

Post by Greeting »

There's definitely at least one scum in: {
KittyTacky
NJAC
Glitch
}. I'll see in the postgame if my instincts were right.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:48 am

Post by NJAC »

Catching up in a while
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:10 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 254, ballpointpen wrote:
In post 253, Bub Bidderskins wrote: Man I really don't get where ballpoint's coming from. Why would throwing weird shade at the CKD wagon be scummy...so much so that you'd swap off. The reason scum would want to throw shade on a wagon is if that wagon's a scumbud, so why not stay on the CKD wagon.

it doesn't have to be w/w? there's been instances where people shade wagons so they can go "see how right i was" without actually fighting the wagon itself. either way, greeting's post is real low-blow to literally everyone who voted ckd while using that "fact" to accuse Hu
Sure, but then why not stay on the CKD wagon? You're throwing a lot of spaghetti around hoping it sticks to something.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:31 am

Post by Skygazer »

VOTE: ceph

will explain or change my mind on my lunch break
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:59 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 180, MalcolmTucker wrote:I think you've completely misinterpreted what Greeting said from reading it over again. Greeting was making a general comment that town will sometimes read too much into things, especially early game, and applying that logic to a scenario where you are town. If that were some unlikely possibility I'd understand the suspicion but in any given game of mafia most of us are town, it's not a stretch for Greeting to operate on the assumption you are early doors if they don't have a scumread on you as such.

I think you're town for this line of thinking though, I don't feel it's a strong reason for suspecting Greeting and I suspect scum would be a bit more aware of that and perhaps back off.
I think you're not looking into it enough. I was the only one who mentioned all posts having intentions. They called it a town mistake to do so. That is specifically referencing me. Not town in general.

"It is a common mistake for town to assume that every post has intention." This comment does not fit anywhere in the game unless I make my comment. If anything else this line is blatantly false and doubt mongering. Every scum is posting with the intention to deceit and every town is posting with the intention to solve. Greeting was trying to discredit my feelings and way of thinking about the game and at the same time slipped and revealed they know more than they should.

Until I see Greeting flip green, or unless someone town confirms them, this will be my interpretation of their words.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:04 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 183, curiouskarmadog wrote: why werent you curious WHY KT didnt like the Greetings push?
I don't have a problem with anyone's opinion on the game. They're condescending "???" part of their next post made me angry with them. Couple that with the fact they're obviously not reading the game and in that post they obviously guessed at what I said instead of actually reading it, lead to me being more on the attack instead of caring as much about what they think. It seems to me from this they're less interested in working with me and more interested in making me feel stupid. So I was no longer interested in their why.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 189, Greeting wrote:

Okay, we get it.

How about you answer
ballpointpen
's now?
Obviously the "we" you mention in your post don't get it or you'd be flipped by now.

I'm not going to answer "what if someone is town" just because I have a scum read on them. I think their question in 129 is impossible to answer. I do not know how I will feel if I'm wrong about my read on you, I also don't know what my reads will look like in that instance. There would be so much information between this point and that point that I would have to experience to know.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:15 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 207, Cephrir wrote:
In post 168, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 160, Cephrir wrote:
In post 154, Kowahbunga wrote: I'm fine if we push this slot to a claim.
seems really premature to me
I dont see why it is? Whats the point of this wagon if not to lim them or get information out of them that makes us not want to lim them?
To see how they react

Idk he only has a handful of posts and I got town vibes off a couple of them so even though I do see why this wagon exists I'm skeptical
Are you really going to get a reaction, or even better a proper reaction, out of someone if they're never in danger of being limmed?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 213, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 144, Andante wrote: VOTE: curiouskarmadog

I don't have many reads, but this is just "I'm pushing a low poster cause I can" and it's "here's a push, but I can't push too much just cause there's nothing for the slot, but if I shade her enough, I can get votes there"

sorry, only enough room for 1 dog in this town.
This post is pinging me so I must investigate
I'd like to see if the reason this pings you matches the reason it pings me. Would you be able to elaborate?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:17 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 224, Cephrir wrote: Btw I think promising content and failing to deliver it is a scumteam and that's why I'm voting glitch
I agree with this.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:21 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 244, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 213, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 144, Andante wrote: VOTE: curiouskarmadog

I don't have many reads, but this is just "I'm pushing a low poster cause I can" and it's "here's a push, but I can't push too much just cause there's nothing for the slot, but if I shade her enough, I can get votes there"

sorry, only enough room for 1 dog in this town.
This post is pinging me so I must investigate
I have concluded my investigation. I think it pinged me because it looks like he felt like he had to give some sort of reason to jump on the CKD wagon, which was being a fad at the time.

I think Guy is town. I got my answer from my . Thanks.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:27 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I would comment on Glitch’s wall, but now it’s page 11 and all he did so far was analysis for first two pages. And that’s like, RVS pages. I’m prob gonna give him some time to see more of those analysis (or lack of) I think.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 255, KittyTacky wrote:
????

I did read it.

I thought it implied a townread. Nice misrep of me mate.
Really? You thought Greetings said "Kowah is town" and my immediate reaction to it was the reaction I had? Greeting didn't even type my name in the post. You come in and act like I missed something by saying "Do you not know that "X is town"..." which isn't even CLOSE to what Greeting said.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:31 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Kawaii has lot of questions but no opinions. Would vote there too.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 268, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 207, Cephrir wrote:
In post 168, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 160, Cephrir wrote:
In post 154, Kowahbunga wrote: I'm fine if we push this slot to a claim.
seems really premature to me
I dont see why it is? Whats the point of this wagon if not to lim them or get information out of them that makes us not want to lim them?
To see how they react

Idk he only has a handful of posts and I got town vibes off a couple of them so even though I do see why this wagon exists I'm skeptical
Are you really going to get a reaction, or even better a proper reaction, out of someone if they're never in danger of being limmed?
they don't know they're in no danger of being limmed, and tbh they probably are in danger even if, say, my vote specifically is just for pressure
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”