Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by Wavelength »

In post 874, Wavelength wrote:
In post 866, PenguinPower wrote: if you want a wagon may i suggest xyzzy?
I find it highly unlikely that xyzzy plays day 1 the way that they did if partnered with Hebi
In post 877, Wavelength wrote: He opened up the day in a way that left LLD with a "xyzzy is never scum with Hebi." I agreed with these posts, and I think Rogue(?) did too (not sure on that, and not taking the time to check)
In post 249, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 242, GreyICE wrote:
In post 210, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: In your mind is he scum profiterring off of hebi being town and a wagon or is he scum attaching himself to a wagon as part of a bus to ensure he's not left out?
I’ll ask a better question - is he town?
If Hebi's scum they are.
In post 253, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: like to iterate, if Hebi's scum Xyzzy doesn't have the 3 posts they have this game. Simple as that. They enter and approach differently.
And I don't think that a scum partner who successfully managed to position themselves into a "very likely not partnered with my partner who is currently at e-1 and has claimed not town" read for multiple players proceeds to tear down that positioning by making this argument, instead of just hoping to ride out the town cred on their partner flip (while quietly hoping that the town on the wagon work their own way off)
In post 581, xyzzy wrote:
In post 546, GreyICE wrote: So a non-town claim.

Vote: Hebi

I will not go into a long explanation of why this is always, always, always, always the correct move. A brief summary:

- The moderator has not confirmed the existence of a non-hostile, non-town faction. There's no evidence it exists. There's a known non-town faction - it's Mafia. Occam's Razor.
- Fferyllt likes fairly vanilla roles. For instance their design document for Tarot Mafia, despite having an incredibly complicated picking procedure, has mostly "modified vanilla" roles: viewtopic.php?p=12857475#p12857475
- It's a mini normal, 13 players doesn't give much room for a non-town, non-hostile faction.
-
It's day 1, we're guaranteed not to eliminate town by doing this

The last one should be the only one that matters.
eliminating hebichan here as policy doesn't give us useful info for day 2. if we later have reason to believe hebichan is lying scum, we can circle back around to that. if we eliminate town on day 1, that's obviously bad, but it gives us a wealth of information that eliminating a claimed survivor does not. the drawback of going into day 2 with less to work with is far greater than the "at least we didn't lose a town player" moral victory, especially because it doesn't stop us from getting closer to a scum win.
I think I would have to actively decided that xyzzy does not understand how to play scum to conclude that he makes this post, in this position, as scum.
In post 878, Wavelength wrote: Like 581 did not work to stop Hebi's elim, it was never going to work to stop Hebi's elim, and actually all it did was give a reason for people to point and say "Look over there! xyzzy tried to save scum Hebi"

And I feel like xyzzy partnered with Hebi realizes this.

So that leads me to conclude this was his actual process of trying to work through a survivor claim.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

yeah but do you think there's only one faction with 0 kills mechanic in it?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Wavelength »

In post 859, Wavelength wrote: Basically, Porken's big post , and its reads list, look like scum positioning around hebi's flip.

Every single one of his red colored reads is dependent on Hebi being scum, and how that person could be partnered with a scum Hebi.

Which is a bad way to scum hunt in general, but if you are hunting based on preflipping your top scum read, then it does not make any sense to be open to eliminating any of the potential partners before hebi, but his post ends with

"I could vote for any of the bottom 6 right now."
While porkens was simultaneously tying people to a scum!Hebi flip, while also toeing with the idea of leaving if another wagon, on one of 5 other players, popped up
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:59 pm

Post by Wavelength »

In post 951, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: yeah but do you think there's only one faction with 0 kills mechanic in it?

No.

I think that there is a member of the black ops who is { [Flavor name], leader of the black ops] - who is the only player whose role states that they choose the kills, but when they die, the other black ops inherit the ability to direct the kill.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by Wavelength »

I have seen a game where there was something similar once before, where only one member could direct the kill so long as they were alive.

And that is where my head went when seeing a scum faction with a member whose role does not state that it can kill, but does state that it can inherit an ability from another member.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by Wavelength »

In post 953, Wavelength wrote: who is the only player whose role states that they choose the kills,
Like.

Both choose who does the kill, and who the target is
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Searching for a replacement for KawaiiKame. If they post before a replacement is found, they can continue to play.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Wavelength »

Actually, strike that. I was curious if the game that I was thinking of was actually a ffery game, and when I looked back through her games, turns out she does not always put the night kill on scum role PMs.

None of the scum flips in this game included the fact that they even had a night kill

Subject: Mini 2221 Tarot uPick: The Deviant Moon Edition - Fin
In post 473, fferyllt wrote:
Role PMs

Spoiler: Citizens For A Better Future
The Union Shop Steward, as played by Gamma Emerald
Welcome!

You are
The Union Shop Steward
Not just any Shop Steward, you're the youngest steward ever elected by your union local. You are fiercely protective of your constituents and realize their entire way of life, already threatened with the Pandemic-fueled factory closures, could disappear forever into a sea of restaurants, hotels and ticket booths. Lake Phantasia's movers and shakers are going forward with their theme park plans, unmoved by the fact that they will be replacing good paying family-supporting jobs with minimum wage hospitality and restaurant jobs. You're determined to oppose the theme park in any way you can for the sake of the Union and the workers who elected you to represent them. But, direct appeals and confrontations have gotten you nowhere, so you've changed your tack and are biding your time. In the meanwhile, you have adopted a
Tarot Enthusiast
online persona and created a locally viral instagram account in celebration of the future theme park: Lake Phantasia's
Tarot Card A Day

Your Cards:

Significator: The Hanged Man
- suspended ambitions; fears around security inhibit willingness to take risks and achieve success.

Card 2: Judgment
- Awakening from an ego-driven mindset; A new beginning is at hand, but requires accounting for past offenses; if transgressions are buried, they will be exposed. Consciously changing one's ways from bad past patterns

Card 3: The Fool
- uninhibited creation of a unique path through life. being receptive to wild, spontaneous notions and opportunities, pursuing one's visions without waiting to gain competence or expertise first.

Abilities:

• Strength in Numbers
    - Your partners are
    Bridgeburners
    and
    Marcistar
    . You share a private thread for your planning . The thread will be open at all times.
  • Card of the Day
    - Four times during the game before a game day starts, you can pick a Tarot card suit -- one of: Swords, Wands, Cups, Pentacles. You can't choose a suit more than once. I will give you a list of 7 Tarot Minor Arcana Cards belonging to your chosen suit. You pick one of the cards and I will post a Card of the Day interpretation of the card in the game thread. The only effect the Card of the Day has is that any players who chose a card of that suit for one of their three cards AND who have an X-Shot night ability and use it that night will have the shot refunded. You can use this ability on Day 1 if you wish.
  • You're Not Going Anywhere
    - Twice during the game at night you can choose a player to roleblock. Any night action they may have that night will be prevented.
  • I'm Unstoppable
    - Once during the game, if you make the night kill, you can choose for that kill to take place regardless of whether the player you target is protected or you are blocked.
  • Democracy!
    - Your voice and your vote.
Win Condition:

You win when the Citizens For a Bright Future outnumber the Tarot Park Development Project or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

The Eccentric Occult Enthusiast, as played by Bridgeburners
Welcome!

You are
The Eccentric Occult Enthusiast
. Initially, you were thrilled with the idea of an Occult-themed major tourist attraction coming to Lake Phantasia, but you've had a growing unease about it over the last few months. You're troubled by the trivialization of Tarot, and have a nagging concern that nothing good can come with trifling with the Unseen in this way. Publicly you've come out in support of the project and even volunteered your vast knowledge of the cards. Privately, though, you want to stop the project before it's too late.

Your Cards:

Significator: Six of Wands
- The glorious results of education and self-development; anticipate a profound breakthrough or revelation that changes things forever.

Card 2: Four of Swords
- Burying oneself in thought; mental clarity through isolation; needing and taking a break.

Card 3: Eight of Pentacles
- Grinding skills, becoming expert at something one is passionate about, persistence and patience.

Abilities:

• Strength in Numbers
    - Your partners are
    Gamma Emerald
    and
    Marcistar
    . You share a private thread for your planning . The thread will be open at all times.
  • Sharing is Caring
    - You are an uninformed inventor. Four times during the game at night you can send another player a gift. You have four gifts you can distribute. None of the gifts will harm the recipient, but you don't know specifically what the gifts do, if anything. The four gifts are: a pen, a smartphone, a flask filled with a sparkly purple liquid, and a puppy.
  • Democracy!
Win Condition:

You win when the Citizens For a Bright Future outnumber the Tarot Park Development Project or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

The inventions:
  • a pen - opens a PT for the recipient that will be made public upon their death
  • a smartphone - allows the player to send 3 tweets per game day for the mod to post in the game thread anonymously
  • a flask filled with a sparkly purple liquid - a 1 shot unblockable ability
  • a puppy - a 1 shot ascetic ability
The Nimby, as played by Marcistar
Welcome!

You are
The Nimby
. Your position as a
City Council Member
puts you right in the middle of Lake Phantasia's Tarot Theme Park plans, but as a citizen and resident you're appalled that the project will bring noise and light pollution to the wealthy lakefront country club, and let's not even talk about what it's going to do to traffic. Working behind the scenes, you're doing everything humanly possible to derail the Tarot Theme Park project.

Your Cards:

Significator: Judgment
- Awakening from an ego-driven mindset; A new beginning is at hand, but requires accounting for past offenses; if transgressions are buried, they will be exposed. Consciously changing one's ways from bad past patterns

Card 2: The High Priestess
- Unlocking intuitive knowledge; synthesizing unconscious and conscious thoughts; profound insight into complex situations and deep mysteries.

Card 3: The World
- Successful culmination of hard work and persistent effort; celebrating the fulfillment of ambitions; build small achievements into a tremendous victory

Abilities:

• Strength in Numbers
    - Your partners are
    Bridgeburners
    and
    Gamma Emerald
  • The Historian
    - Twice during the game at night you can target a player and learn who, if anyone, they have targeted at night, and which night they visited their target(s).
  • Stealth Technology
    - Twice during the game at night you can choose not to be seen making your night action(s).
  • Democracy!
Win Condition:

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 943, Wavelength wrote:
In post 939, Aureal wrote: OK, good to know that nobody is supposed to try to figure out how much you can be trusted.
You spent a lot of time in the last few pages discussing whether LLD deserved to be in the "town" or the "lean town" tier. Like that was the question, directed at my reads list, that started off the discussion. Focusing on the minutia of strength of a town read does look like you are more focused on just being part of active discussions then trying to find scum.

You have not even been arguing that LLD is scum for doing it, so I am also not sure why you are so focused on it.

Yes, yes I
am
trying to get some active discussion going! We weren't really having any! There's more people left alive in this game than any other game I've played has STARTED with and still it's been dead quiet the last few days. I think this is a side effect of day one getting cut so short- we had nothing much else to talk about now. I did not want the day to end so fast and did what I could to avoid it. So you get stuck with whatever I'm thinking about until someone comes up with something else to talk about. I think sorting LLD is pretty damn important- she's obviously quite a presence, so I'm going to be rather concerned about figuring her out.

In post 944, Wavelength wrote:
In post 940, Aureal wrote: PP I would easily vote here.
So PP is your second strongest scum read?

Want to talk about that read? I don't see much on them from a quick search of your iso

Yeah, because there isn't much that he's done. I asked him why he voted you, and I'm still waiting for an answer. I was thinking the same thing as xyzzy about how PP has not really done anything and then he made that vote and the only reason I'm coming up with for it doesn't reflect too well on him. So maybe he'll come up with something else as reasoning, but until that happens he's in the sorta scummy category like Porkens. Kokichi is nearing that point too from sheer lack of doing anything- I said he's probably going to be null for quite a while but then he promptly started acting like he actually should be considered towny for ending the day quickly and I sure didn't care for that.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

So if we're analyzing vote counts, can I ask why those vote counts specifically? They seem pretty random middle of the day choices to me. Why those but not the day end?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 930, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: The wagon on Xyzzy isn't pure, neither is the wagon on Black, and neither is the wagon on Hebi.

I think we should probably look to kill Rogue today, maybe Xyzzy, maybe Aureal.
You feel scum was within these pushes?
I wanted to vote Aureal yesterday, what did I miss since last posting?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm traveling today, and won't be able to do vote counts for about 12 hours. I will be able to read the thread and check PMs occasionally.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 960, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 930, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: The wagon on Xyzzy isn't pure, neither is the wagon on Black, and neither is the wagon on Hebi.

Everyone got turned into a Borg- read everything in the last dozen pages to find the access code to the private chat.

Also, why did you vote me?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Aureal »

Theory:

Scum killed Frogs to set Black up as today's suspect. Since Black died too their plan went kaput and now they're just blending in with lurkers waiting for a new plan to form.

UNVOTE: ,VOTE: Kokichi
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 962, Aureal wrote:
In post 960, KawaiiKame wrote:

Everyone got turned into a Borg- read everything in the last dozen pages to find the access code to the private chat.

Also, why did you vote me?
hebi was voting you, had a slight scumread on you, I'm blanking on the details tho
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 963, Aureal wrote: Theory:

Scum killed Frogs to set Black up as today's suspect. Since Black died too their plan went kaput and now they're just blending in with lurkers waiting for a new plan to form.

UNVOTE: ,VOTE: Kokichi
Why do you feel Kokichi is scum in this case?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

VOTE: Kokichi
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Aureal »

Okay, thanks? Uh, you realize hebi was scum, right? She didn't have actual scumreads.

Kokichi hasn't done anything useful, helped end day one quite early (which I blame as a factor in this anemic day two), and acted like he wanted to get townread for helping cut the day's discussion off. That last one in particular really kinda pinged me.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 967, Aureal wrote: Okay, thanks? Uh, you realize hebi was scum, right? She didn't have actual scumreads.

Kokichi hasn't done anything useful, helped end day one quite early (which I blame as a factor in this anemic day two), and acted like he wanted to get townread for helping cut the day's discussion off. That last one in particular really kinda pinged me.
I do, I wanted to see what hebi would do in the night but she surrendered
Hopefully Kokichi contributes soon
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

Kokichi contributed a lot as scum in DN so Idk what's happening
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, like I said, the game's been anemic. So if he is scum there's no need to try to change that.

Poor ffery, thinking she needed to inform us that she'd be busy for 12 hours. As if people were gonna go hammer someone in that time.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

So you actually haven't read any stuff from day two? Or did you do that since?
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

Idk why this game suddenly slowed like this, makes 0 sense to me, active af one day then plummeted in activity in the next
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

I think a lot of people are waiting to see what LLD is going to do. She's been pretty directionless today.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by xyzzy »

hello! tomorrow is my birthday and today was the day I actually celebrated, so I have had a long, busy day. I've read the last few pages, but it was a skim during a few free minutes earlier this morning.

that being said, GreyICE, can you tell me more about your role? first, I'd like to know more about your miller claim and what went into that. second, I'd like to know more about what mechanics and flavor your death ability is.

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”