Micro 1073: Purgatory - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 824, Ranger wrote:
In post 822, Vanderscamp wrote:Also worth noting that Vox was IIRC the first person to abandon the wagon on me during the heaven phase (I could be wrong about being the first but definitely was one of the early voters on Aisa)
Personally, I feel like two scum making it to heaven is the MUCH easier path to victory for scum in this setup, as opposed to basically trying to win a white flag vanilla game where all of the NKs are decided by town.

My defence of myself here is pretty easy: if I were scum, I would have made it to heaven on D2.
We even know that the Aisa wagon was started by a scum at this point.
About that.
In post 500, Alianna wrote:
Votecount 2.02

Vanderscamp (3):
Vanderscamp, Oclaxian Empire, AurorusVox.
I think the scum tried.

Oclaxian Empire is Enchant.

If three scum vote together, there's no scum to hammer scum into heaven. They have to rely on town hammering.

All it takes for scum to give up on the idea is fear it'd be suspect.

Vanderscamp being in heaven as scum would make people scrutinize the wagon of those voting Vander. It would put suspicion on all three voters.

Per the math, Hell 2 would eliminate 1/3, placing us in 4:2 or 5:1. During heaven 2, get someone off the Vander wagon into heaven, leaving at either 3:2 or 4:1. During Hell 3, eliminate a second of the 3, placing the game at 2:2 (where the townie eliminates the final voter), 3:1, or 4:0.

Mathematically, if three scum vote a scum into heaven on Heaven 1 and the town doesn't vote people on that heaven wagon into heaven and votes exclusively players on the heaven1 wagon to hell: scum can't win.

All it takes for scum to realize they can't win is to math it out as I do, requiring a hard-pivot away from the original strategy.

Don't pretend scum are going to have one plan at the beginning of the game, stick to it the entire time, and then never pivot from it. Scum can, and will, reconsider. They can come up with your plan, Vanderscamp; "It's easier to win with two scum sent to heaven".
And then try to enact it.

And then realize it's a bad idea, and pivot away.

Which is exactly what looks like happens.
Firstly, Ranger, you have BY FAR the shittest and most condemning voting logic of any player left alive, as I've talked about several times today (and no one else has jumped on or even responded to, I wonder why) so this IMO isn't the angle you want to be pushing.

But just to deconstruct what you're saying here:

Is it possible both scum aggressively tried to push me into heaven and then abandoned ship as soon as an actual town voted for me?

Sure, probably.

But you don't explain anywhere in this post why scum would suddenly "give up on the idea and fear it'd be suspect," you just seem to assume that the entire scumteam had some kind of revelation about it.

Your mathematical argument is also a joke:
Mathematically, if three scum vote a scum into heaven on Heaven 1 and the town doesn't vote people on that heaven wagon into heaven and votes exclusively players on the heaven1 wagon to hell: scum can't win.
Yeah, sure, if the village decides to operate under the assumption that it's impossible that scum weren't involved in sending me to heaven, then yeah, scum would lose in that scenario.

But this isn't even close to a given that it would happen, and it's completely absurd that you're pretending this is some kind of mathematical solve that scum could work out, that it's so obvious that the village would do that that scum "can't win."
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

If you think it's reasonable for town to just blindly solve by following the votes of who voted on the incorrect wagons, Ranger, I'm EXTREMELY happy to do so.

The living voters on Kowabungah D1 are you and Bella.
This is somewhat interesting because I am a little bit afraid of the Ranger/Bella world where Bella is trying hard atm to stoke the flames of the Enchant/Aureal conflict, and this vote logic supports that.

And the living Drew voters are you, Enchant, and Aureal.

There's a common denominator here, other than the fact that both lims were also the counterwagon to you both days.

So, are you happy to vote based on wagonomics here?

Or do you agree that the extremely obvious problem with your analysis that you're trying to go after Enchant and me for is that the town isn't necessarily voting like a bunch of robots?
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:07 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I really don't understand why there is no support from anyone else in the game to kill someone who not only imo sounds independently extremely scummy, but is confirmed to have been saved twice in the past two hell days by confirmed mafia Vox voting on two counterwagons to save Ranger.

And it's not like Vox was calling Ranger town, either, or was the biggest pusher against Ranger (that obviously being me) so it's not like Vox should even have been afraid to go for Ranger on either day.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Like, Ranger is town and there are two scum in the game outside of Ranger and me who are watching this and not helping me lim townRanger and look super shitty from this being my main push for the entire game?

I have trouble seeing it.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Caveat to what I said btw, technically the Drew lim wasn't really a counterwagon to Ranger D3 because I think Drew and I had already moved to Aureal by that point.
But either way, Ranger had votes for a large amount of the day with a lot of people talking about how consensus a kill it was.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Bella, can you give your worldview atm?

I'm not totally sure where you're at.

For me, my teams in decreasing order of likelihood are:

Ranger/Aureal
Ranger/Bella
Ranger/Enchant
Aureal/Enchant
Aureal/Bella
Bella/Enchant

I'm sure there are certain interactions that I'm not remembering that would change these rankings, but this is my order atm.

I didn't intentionally put Ranger in my top three worlds just because they're my top scum, but I think all three other worlds are just pretty unlikely.

I think Aureal/Enchant are less likely to go after each other like this today, Aureal/Bella/Vox as a team means that no scum ever voted townRanger D3 which seems insane, and Bella/Enchant means that firstly my reads really suck, but also Bella's line is pretty weird today because of what Bella has chosen to push / not push.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:28 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I think you aren't scum, it's the read I'm the most confident in by far. Enchant seems scumny by play but I can't get my head around scum! Enchant suggesting his theory. Ranger is really tough to read but the wagononomics look damning, and I just think aureal is straight scum. I think it's more likely that aureal could be partners with ranger, but not impossible that she's with enchant. Enchant not being willing to vote ranger does make me worried.

So I guess teams is like
Aureal/ranger
Aureal/enchant
Ranger/enchant

And I just don't think you are scum. If you are scum, it kind of has to be with enchant.

How I'm actually thinking is I have a town read (you) and a scum read (aureal) and then still two ??
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:27 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 831, Bellaphant wrote:
So I guess teams is like
Aureal/enchant
?????????????????????7
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:27 am

Post by Enchant »

Do you fucking read game
Wizard-Mercenary

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Did you actually read my post?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:49 am

Post by Enchant »

If every team you suggested contains me or Aureal then WHY THE FUCK YOU STILL DIDN'T VOTE
Wizard-Mercenary

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm talking to vander about ranger. There's no need to get agitated.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Enchant »

I changed mind. If Bella claims that can read me perfectly then go ahead.

VOTE: Bella
Wizard-Mercenary

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Bellaphant »

A)I never said that
B) why are you freaking out now? Genuinely, what's changed?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:48 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Oh, am I meant to be revenge voting you so your plan works? This ain't it.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Bellaphant »

But your plan is the most town thing about your posting.

I don't like being manipulated
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 839, Bellaphant wrote: Oh, am I meant to be revenge voting you so your plan works? This ain't it.
All your proposed teams contains me or Aureal. Therefore from your perspective, removal of both of us should win town game.

So why not?
Wizard-Mercenary

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Aureal »

I am so damn confused.

Basically every time Vander or Bella does something my opinion on which is more likely to be scum changes.

And now Enchant is actually seeming like he could be town?

fffffffffffffffffffff

Maybe I should just vote whoever Ranger votes. :(

Guess I could at least finish going through Vox's interactions first though.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 631, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 539, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 517, AurorusVox wrote: Aureal has just helped to solidify the townie vibes I was getting from bloodbot

If people don’t like vanders for heaven then they need to be proposing alternatives that aren’t themselves.

Based on my calculations earlier the only person who could contend with vanders for heaven is Asia. I’m guessing aureal would accord with that which I think gives Asia the necessary support too.

Tbh I’d be happy with either, drew being on vanders as well as Ranger maybe pushes me towards

VOTE: asia
VOTE: Aisa

Ok now I am on Aisa, you gonna switch to Vanders now?
In post 540, Ranger wrote:
In post 533, Aisa wrote:Agree Aureal is fairly good vibes
Seconded.

This does necessitate a reassessment from he.

I'm comfortable sending Aisa to heaven.

I need to reassess my reads to find who to send to hell. (My pool had Aureal's slot there, so with Aureal towning it up, my reads need a reset.)

I'm a bit busy today so I'll handle a reassess tomorrow.
Not sure how to process this, but Vox was not sure about sending Vander to heaven because myself and Ranger were on them.

I then vote Aisa wondering if they would jump off Aisa(and I was liking her for town at this point).
Then Ranger sheeps.........and Vox kinda was gone.

Trying to re-calibrate here.

Okay, I'm reviewing things and this is kind of sticking out to me.

The Aisa wagon was started by Vox. I was replacing in and getting caught up at the time. I'd just put Aisa as town and Vander "likely town though I think he's good at looking town as scum from reading Death Note". At the top of the page the Vander wagon was Vander, Oc, Vox. Drew joins it, and we get this 517 post from Vox, whom we now know is scum, shading Drew and Ranger (I'm not clear exactly why Vox brings Ranger into this at all as she wasn't voting Vander but he acts like she was?? I don't really wanna get back into whatever this is, but looks like Drew got confused by Vox's talk about Ranger supporting Vander too, though.)

So, it's entirely possible that Vox was seeing support building for his preferred wagon, Vander, and taking the opportunity to get off to spare his credibility when Vander flipped scum. I'm not actually sure why he would swap wagons like that if they're both town. Only reason I can see is if Ranger is his partner and he's worried about the judgement day threat, but I don't think they are teamed from their prior interactions.

And then the wagon got away from them, with Ranger, Drew, and then Bella quickly piling on, making it too awkward for Vox to go back? Enchant hammering it is actually slightly sus since I'm not sure a townie would be that sure and it was clear Aisa could make it to heaven now with a self-vote so it could be for some cred for helping send town to heaven. But it is Enchant, who likes hammering things, so just slightly.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 831, Bellaphant wrote: I think you aren't scum, it's the read I'm the most confident in by far. Enchant seems scumny by play but I can't get my head around scum! Enchant suggesting his theory. Ranger is really tough to read but the wagononomics look damning, and I just think aureal is straight scum. I think it's more likely that aureal could be partners with ranger, but not impossible that she's with enchant. Enchant not being willing to vote ranger does make me worried.

So I guess teams is like
Aureal/ranger
Aureal/enchant
Ranger/enchant

And I just don't think you are scum. If you are scum, it kind of has to be with enchant.

How I'm actually thinking is I have a town read (you) and a scum read (aureal) and then still two ??
All seems reasonable
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 841, Enchant wrote:
In post 839, Bellaphant wrote: Oh, am I meant to be revenge voting you so your plan works? This ain't it.
All your proposed teams contains me or Aureal. Therefore from your perspective, removal of both of us should win town game.

So why not?
The problem is that from my pov Ranger/Bella makes sense as a team so I don't want to do this.
I also don't want to vote Bella today because there I think Aureal/Ranger AND Enchant Ranger both make sense, and it's not a guaranteed scum hit for me even if I somehow knew that Aisa implicitly trusts me and would never kill me.

Aureal is an okay vote for me today because I think they are quite scummy, but I really feel like all three of the Ranger worlds are individually more likely than every single one of the non-Ranger worlds.

From your povs I can understand this not being true because I can probably reasonably be with Enchant or Bella.

But the Aureal then Enchant plan is not what I want to do because it loses to my 2nd most likely team.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 843, Aureal wrote:
In post 631, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 539, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 517, AurorusVox wrote: Aureal has just helped to solidify the townie vibes I was getting from bloodbot

If people don’t like vanders for heaven then they need to be proposing alternatives that aren’t themselves.

Based on my calculations earlier the only person who could contend with vanders for heaven is Asia. I’m guessing aureal would accord with that which I think gives Asia the necessary support too.

Tbh I’d be happy with either, drew being on vanders as well as Ranger maybe pushes me towards

VOTE: asia

Ok now I am on Aisa, you gonna switch to Vanders now?
In post 540, Ranger wrote:
In post 533, Aisa wrote:Agree Aureal is fairly good vibes
Seconded.

This does necessitate a reassessment from he.

I'm comfortable sending Aisa to heaven.

I need to reassess my reads to find who to send to hell. (My pool had Aureal's slot there, so with Aureal towning it up, my reads need a reset.)

I'm a bit busy today so I'll handle a reassess tomorrow.
Not sure how to process this, but Vox was not sure about sending Vander to heaven because myself and Ranger were on them.

I then vote Aisa wondering if they would jump off Aisa(and I was liking her for town at this point).
Then Ranger sheeps.........and Vox kinda was gone.

Trying to re-calibrate here.

Okay, I'm reviewing things and this is kind of sticking out to me.

The Aisa wagon was started by Vox. I was replacing in and getting caught up at the time. I'd just put Aisa as town and Vander "likely town though I think he's good at looking town as scum from reading Death Note". At the top of the page the Vander wagon was Vander, Oc, Vox. Drew joins it, and we get this 517 post from Vox, whom we now know is scum, shading Drew and Ranger (I'm not clear exactly why Vox brings Ranger into this at all as she wasn't voting Vander but he acts like she was?? I don't really wanna get back into whatever this is, but looks like Drew got confused by Vox's talk about Ranger supporting Vander too, though.)

So, it's entirely possible that Vox was seeing support building for his preferred wagon, Vander, and taking the opportunity to get off to spare his credibility when Vander flipped scum. I'm not actually sure why he would swap wagons like that if they're both town. Only reason I can see is if Ranger is his partner and he's worried about the judgement day threat, but I don't think they are teamed from their prior interactions.

And then the wagon got away from them, with Ranger, Drew, and then Bella quickly piling on, making it too awkward for Vox to go back? Enchant hammering it is actually slightly sus since I'm not sure a townie would be that sure and it was clear Aisa could make it to heaven now with a self-vote so it could be for some cred for helping send town to heaven. But it is Enchant, who likes hammering things, so just slightly.
I'm also not entirely sure why Vox and likely other scum would want to go for Aisa over me either, this is what I was talking about with you at the start of D3.

My thought was that scum preferring Aisa in heaven over me meant that Ranger was scum and they just expected me to autolim her if it got to that point.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

Fwiw I think it makes even less sense for Vox to swap like that if I'm scum and Aisa is town, I talked recently with Ranger about why.

You both can say it's to spare credibility, but if this is the case, why did Vox even vote me in the first place?
Why would he join the wagon only to back off when it got more support?
You can assume that Vox randomly had a revelation midway through and changed his mind, but I don't get why you would think that would be the case.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

I also don't think this is clearing for me, btw, im not trying to argue that it's impossible for me to be scum with Vox from it, you and Ranger just both seem to be assuming it makes me more scum than town which I don't understand at all.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

17 hours to go.

Can I interest any player in the game with a Ranger vote?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”