Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 1140, Bub Bidderskins wrote: It's not like I've got a super strong town read on them or anything, and I am willing to be persuaded of that slot's scumminess, but I have not seen anything resembling a case against them in the slightest. It's just a bunch of massively low-effort bs about how they look scummy without any analysis or argument of how their play is scummy at all.
Putting in this much effort to discredit/scrutinize the wagon on the Glitch/Enchant slot (on numerous occasions) despite not strongly town reading them also just feels off to me... especially since Enchant isn't a leading wagon atm.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1147, Venmar wrote: Bub really do be just looking for the most viable wagon like a moth attracted to blood, it's pattern I've noticed most of the time when he pops in to post.

Cephrir's frustration over how he's being read by some players also seems quite genuine to me but idk if it's AI yet...
Yeah I've taken back my bub town read awhile ago
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

UNVOTE:

I'm willing to vote outside of adante
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Venmar »

Also the more I read back on Hu and Andante I feel like one has to be scum and one has to be town, I just don't buy the way Andante has gunned for Hu all game that it comes from scum tunneling scum. I think elimming one of the two likely yields us the most info based off of how much they have interacted up until now. I've like Hu's posting a bit more recently as I think they're trying to contribute in a way that they think is useful whereas I found Andante's outburst over being close to elim (sympathy for the emotions aside) more scum motivated than not to throw up your hands and refuse to claim, which I think town would do when necessary and scum would try to avoid to not get caught in a fakeclaim if possible.

Considering I don't think Cephrir is a legitimate target to push for now combined with me actually wanting to see him post more in the future, and that there isn't much time to pivot to Bub, I'm inclined to make my vote more useful by;

VOTE: Andante

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 1154, Venmar wrote: Also the more I read back on Hu and Andante I feel like one has to be scum and one has to be town
Posts like this ping me as setting up one after the other votes
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

Like nothing of this indicates one of us has to be scum. We could both be town and wrong as well. So i don't get the whole 'one has to be scum' thing. And usually is a scummy post from my experience
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by Venmar »

As a side note I'd like to see Flavor Leaf contribute more than mostly theory talk, feel like most of his posts that I've seen are majority discussing meta and terms like chainsaw, hatchet, etc, though I might be having selective memory. I liked some of his earlier posts like #543 and #545 and would like similar kind of insight on players again.

In post 1156, Hu Tao wrote: Like nothing of this indicates one of us has to be scum. We could both be town and wrong as well. So i don't get the whole 'one has to be scum' thing. And usually is a scummy post from my experience

I mean without some flips and power results, we're all just flexing the brain muscle to try and deduce results based off of words we say, I'm not holding a graph that says what I said must true, I'm just telling you the gut feeling I got over you two. I find Andante the scummier of you two and if she flips scum then I think the way she has sussed you it'll make you more town in my eyes.

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 1147, Venmar wrote: Bub really do be just looking for the most viable wagon like a moth attracted to blood, it's pattern I've noticed most of the time when he pops in to post.

Cephrir's frustration over how he's being read by some players also seems quite genuine to me but idk if it's AI yet...
I've been very consistent with my reads. CKD is likely scum and got off easy for some reason despite a super sketchy claim, and Hu has been my main number 2 read since the middle of the day. The other wagons on scummy players I could be persuaded to jump on if we come to a time crunch because not limming D-1 is a failure, but, unlike a huge number of slippery folks here, I've actually been consistent in my reads.

If you want to go after someone who's constantly jumped to popular wagons, look at Hu. Maybe Cephir as well who constantly seems to complain about how everyone looks vaguely scummy but has never actually pushed anyone.

In post 1151, Venmar wrote:
In post 1140, Bub Bidderskins wrote: It's not like I've got a super strong town read on them or anything, and I am willing to be persuaded of that slot's scumminess, but I have not seen anything resembling a case against them in the slightest. It's just a bunch of massively low-effort bs about how they look scummy without any analysis or argument of how their play is scummy at all.
Putting in this much effort to discredit/scrutinize the wagon on the Glitch/Enchant slot (on numerous occasions) despite not strongly town reading them also just feels off to me... especially since Enchant isn't a leading wagon atm.
It's because I'm legitimately confused about the Glitch/Enchant scumread. It just seemed like it came out of nowhere and nobody every explained it. Like all the lurkers I get. Andante I get because she's been super slippery and jumping all over the place. Greeting even I get because they haven't contributed much but keep popping in with pretty low effort posts. But Glitch seemed like they put in effort but didn't have the time IRL. I didn't understand why people thought Glitch's posting style was scummy but haven't batted an eye at all the one-sentence semi-spam posts that do nothing to advance the game state.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:09 pm

In post 1141, Cephrir wrote: Their analysis felt forced - ie, their comments were uninteresting in a way that makes me think they were created just to have something to say rather than to scumhunt - and their manner of writing was really stilted and awkward, which could be personality but I don't know them and it could also be scum
I guess I can see how you would think that, but to me it really just read as a posting style. I read it as thought out more than forced.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1158, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
If you want to go after someone who's constantly jumped to popular wagons, look at Hu. Maybe Cephir as well who constantly seems to complain about how everyone looks vaguely scummy but has never actually pushed anyone.
In what way am I not pushing both Hu and Enchant?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1156, Hu Tao wrote: Like nothing of this indicates one of us has to be scum. We could both be town and wrong as well. So i don't get the whole 'one has to be scum' thing. And usually is a scummy post from my experience
I do agree with this though. Don't see much reason there has to be a scum in these two
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:58 pm

In post 1160, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1158, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In what way am I not pushing both Hu and Enchant?
Everything you say is actually quite passive:
In post 603, Cephrir wrote: eh, fine

VOTE: hu tao
In post 624, Cephrir wrote: i still dont especially want to kill hu =_=

In post 1103, Cephrir wrote: id go whichever of enchant and hu tao has more support
In post 949, Cephrir wrote: hey here's a wild idea what if i'm just right and all these wagons are on town. what am i supposed to do? im voting hu tao only because i think the other wagons are even worse

i can't interest anyone in enchant. malcolm is widely townread for some mysterious reason, we tried skygazer already (and wouldn't you know it, they've gone back to lurking), i don't have any reason for kittytacky they're just not being useful, and that's pretty much everyone i feel like voting. no one is going to vote any of these people with me if i don't have a better reason than "vibes," but i don't

i get offended when i draw suspicion that amounts to "i think you're such a bad scum player that you can't fake any reads" or whatever because i'm actually a very good scum player and perhaps you'll notice i've been on this website for 17 goddamn years surely i learned how to fake a read at some point
In post 895, Cephrir wrote: I think NJAC is town unfortunately

VOTE: Hu Tao, I guess

Sorry
I don't think I'm cherry-picking from your iso here either -- these actually seemed like the more directly aggresive posts I could find. You never really directly put pressure on them or build much of a case. It's all "welp, I guess Hu/Enchant are scummy and I suppose I'll vote for them but I don't feel great about it." kind of stuff. Granted I didn't do a really thourough search of your iso, so I could totally be missing something, but if I were Enchant or Hu I would not be feeling pressure from you. I might be feeling pressure in general because of the number of votes on me, but none that really spawned from your posting.
Show

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i've become much more sure about hu in the last ~5 pages and have been quite clear that i think they are scum and should die at this stage
Bartleby the Scrivener
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by NJAC »

In post 1144, KittyTacky wrote: Шэь рукую

Нуфр Утсрфте шы ысгью
@
MOD
: This shouldn't be allowed, please take action.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by NJAC »

In post 1163, Cephrir wrote: i've become much more sure about hu in the last ~5 pages and have been quite clear that i think they are scum and should die at this stage
What exactly in the last 5 pages has made you sure about Hu?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

im over the busywork questions just read my posts again if you didn't understand the first time
Bartleby the Scrivener
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by NJAC »

In the last ~5 pages I essentially see Hu questioning you to try to understand your case on him. Is that what makes you sure he's scum?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1024, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1017, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1014, Cephrir wrote: i think they're probably just telling the truth about their posting style and it's likely not indicative of anything
What's your reason for scum reading me again?
I'll go with discrediting STD to keep me in the lim pool even though the real reason is vibes
In post 1044, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1039, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1024, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1017, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1014, Cephrir wrote: i think they're probably just telling the truth about their posting style and it's likely not indicative of anything
What's your reason for scum reading me again?
I'll go with discrediting STD to keep me in the lim pool even though the real reason is vibes
What exactly was I discrediting from Dragon when all he says is he wants to kill people
This interaction just happened how did you already forget it
In post 1046, Cephrir wrote:
In post 967, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 908, Hu Tao wrote:
Hu Tao (4):
KawaiiKame, Save The Dragons, Bub Bidderskins, ballpointpen

Save the Dragon: pops in every now and then saying he wants to kill someone
In post 923, Save The Dragons wrote: i want to kill someone
In post 924, Save The Dragons wrote: cephrir is probably town here guys
greeting too
njac is probably town tho despite having bad takes
hu tao is ???

let's kill hu tao
These are the type of people on my wagon btw. I think ballpoint is the only one who gave an actual reason
In post 971, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 950, Save The Dragons wrote: Like he's genuinely trying tho
I hope this isn't about cephrir
In post 984, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 982, Save The Dragons wrote: I meant it because I really just wanna kill you
That's fine. I've kind of written you off as a useless slot anyway. No offense
The second post is the "point" and the others are just discrediting him as a player in general
In post 1050, Cephrir wrote: No, nothing you said convinced me that my vote is wrong or lacking merit.
In post 1051, Cephrir wrote: I know, it sucks to get caught for the wrong reasons. Sorry mate
In post 1053, Cephrir wrote: i just did provide a reason you just don't like it

if you'd like another, you're also behaving as though you know std is town

but i don't think we're going to agree that you are scum so im probably not going to put too much effort into it
In post 1066, Cephrir wrote: Yeah, I do.

This whole talking down to me thing isn't really working for me. Feels more aimed at convincing everyone else I'm stupid than actually having a conversation.
In post 1093, Cephrir wrote: im also annoyed because hu tao has clearly decided to just dunk on everything i say without regard for its validity -- probably because they're scum
please stop misrepping me
Bartleby the Scrivener
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by NJAC »

Mmmkay, I probably need to reread but I agreed with Hu that you didn't have a strong case on him. So I find his questioning to you valid.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I didn't say it wasn't but go off king
Bartleby the Scrivener
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:49 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Really behind here, will catch up properly later. Won't be active over weekend so will try to make some proper contributions in advance of that.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:21 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1157, Venmar wrote: As a side note I'd like to see Flavor Leaf contribute more than mostly theory talk, feel like most of his posts that I've seen are majority discussing meta and terms like chainsaw, hatchet, etc, though I might be having selective memory. I liked some of his earlier posts like #543 and #545 and would like similar kind of insight on players again.

I mean without some flips and power results, we're all just flexing the brain muscle to try and deduce results based off of words we say, I'm not holding a graph that says what I said must true, I'm just telling you the gut feeling I got over you two. I find Andante the scummier of you two and if she flips scum then I think the way she has sussed you it'll make you more town in my eyes.
ive been mentally checked out here for days.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:19 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1164, NJAC wrote:

Нуфр Утсрфте шы ысгью
@
MOD
Message say:
I'm here. Yeah Enchant is scum.

It happens because russian keyboards can change between Russian and English.

Kitty forgot to change keyboard layout from russian to english before posting. He also apologised and reposted message in next post (he added some things though).
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:05 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1164, NJAC wrote:

Нуфр Утсрфте шы ысгью
@
MOD
It's a keyboard layout mistake ya doofus. Notice the amount of letters and the юs where the .s would be.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:06 am

Post by KittyTacky »

If I get punished for making essentially a typo, istg.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”