DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 390, Venmar wrote:
In post 373, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay honestly at this point Delta is too scummy to be scum. Like for real there's no way scum would actually say nonsense like this:
In post 367, Deltabreedy wrote:
What is going on here? Are you SR'ing me right now for disagreeing with you?
Right? Like no fucking way.

UNVOTE: Delta
I was pretty consistently townreading Dragon during my catchup until this post.
Look I don't know. The only time I based a read on "too scummy to be scum" it turned out to be scum anyway. BUT like are you expecting me to believe that scum!Delta posted that shit with a straight face? Like maybe they did. Maybe their tactic is to just make a ridiculous accusation after ridiculous accusation in hope someone will buy it.
But I am having a hard time believing it.
Though I'm also having a hard time believing town doing it so honestly IDK.
Do you think I should just ignore this and revote Delta?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:36 am

Post by patchwork »

See Dragon's behavior is a little sketchy but the vibes radiate town so much its unreal
lolhammer count: 3
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 391, Venmar wrote: To be honest we kind of need a few people who haven't posted much to post like Aurorus and Kawaii to help expand the scope/perspective of the game.

Everyone who hasn't already should probably describe what their read is on both me and Delta since I think we've had too much content and interaction for people to not have decent reads on both of us.
My read on you - pretty townie but not as townie as Comet.
My read on Delta - pretty scummy but their posts are scuh nonsense that at this point I feel like the nonsense becomes unreadable?
Like imagine if you were playing Mafia with a player who couldn't talk/type.
Yeah lurking is scummy but at a certain point it just becomes NAI because the person just CAN'T TALK.
In the same vein, saying nonsense is scummy but the degree of nonsense Delta is spoutong is NAI because it's just pure nonsensical nonsense.
Of course scum could pretend an inability to talk, and could likewise could pretend just being nonsensical.
Which is why Delta does lean scum for me but I want to see more from AV and Kawaii before I declare them scum.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:38 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 401, patchwork wrote: See Dragon's behavior is a little sketchy but the vibes radiate town so much its unreal
This reads town!Patch btw

No it's not because they are townreading me, but because Patch bases their reads on vibes.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Patch being town is probably the strongest read I have
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:42 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay I made up my mind. In honor of Newbie 2112 (where IcetFeelsPain was scum despite being too scummy to be scum), I shall revote Delta.
VOTE: Delta
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:22 am

Post by patchwork »

I townread Icet because he was TWTBAW :pensive:
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:24 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 403, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 401, patchwork wrote: See Dragon's behavior is a little sketchy but the vibes radiate town so much its unreal

No it's not because they are townreading me, but because Patch bases their reads on vibes.
Also this is a really weak reason. Both scum and town use vibereads, but you can't tell whether it's scum claiming to have a viberead on someone they know is town, or if it's town being genuine. At the most, it's NAI.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:52 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 407, patchwork wrote:
In post 403, DragonEater70 wrote:

Also this is a really weak reason. Both scum and town use vibereads, but you can't tell whether it's scum claiming to have a viberead on someone they know is town, or if it's town being genuine. At the most, it's NAI.
Patch, are you ever going to let me townread you without complaining about it?
Like is it really a lot to ask?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:06 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

Hi guys thank you for giving me this much to catch up on lol I am still at my dads so haven’t read any of this yet but I’ll make a start on catching up once I’m home over the next few days

If anyone has any pointers of key moments please help a brotha out with some links, otherwise I’ll probably have to start with recent stuff and work my way back where I get the chance. Managing expectations here I won’t necessarily be able to get caught up on the *whole thread* super quickly!

PS I’ve had the worst weekend of my adult life - family, eh!
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:29 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

So I’m sat in a towel drying off after a shower and have read this page and this page only.

Purely based on that I like Patch, for their reaction to dragons TR
This means I vibe with Bella

I’ve seen venmars quoted post in the dragon quote nest and I’m onside with dragons post dinging at the point venmar took issue with it so I like venmar too

Now to the dragon post in question, I’m gonna need it explaining to me as maybe I’m missing context here but

@dragon how is delta asking if you scumread them for disagreeing with you too scummy to be scum?

Like, have you made it super clear why you scumread them earlier on? Is delta misrepping you or do you just purely think the question itself is “nonsensical”?

I’ll read further back later as I’m dry now lol
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:31 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

PS I also saw venmar say they tr dragon before this so maybe it’ll all become clear when I read pages 16 and below and I’ll look really silly. Just thought I’d get something out while I had the chance!

Adios~
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:56 am

Post by Cometbright »

Got a bit of spare time before I'm dragged away - gonna do my usual quick readthrough.
In post 389, Venmar wrote: I will say it's weird to me that at the time you scumread Bella *and* believed the post to be a slip, and still brought it upon yourself to go for me. It just doesn't make sense to me for you to gun that hard for me when I was exploring or attacking a slip you believed and a player you scumread.
This summarises one of the weird things I was feeling from Delta's posts quite nicely - it feels like he's viewing scum into a read that he at the time was on board with himself. Given that you assumingly know you're town Delta - can you really say the push against Bella is scummy considering you weren't exactly dissuading it either? Unless you think you do come out of that initial Bella thing looking scummy - but then this stronger push you're doing feels a little... opportunistic and faux compared to how I did my smaller push on something that could implicate both you and me. Does any of that make sense?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:57 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 392, patchwork wrote: comet im gonna b honest i got five hours last night i cant think right now
Not saying to do it now obviously - but when you get a chance I'd be very appreciative. I want to read town into you here - I just don't have enough scumhunting and analytic content to do that yet.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:59 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 395, patchwork wrote: Kawaii does this whole "lurk for twenty pages and appear randomly" thing though, so it's to be expected. I do hope they get prodded though.
@Mod - when you're back can you prod Kawaii? Thank you!
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:01 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 397, Bellaphant wrote: I had a terrible 'fun free' cake because my nieces and nephews have allergies, but last night I had a hot chocolate brownie and ice cream so I feel ok about it, comet!
Ooo that sounds delicious - we sell these fancy 'gourmet' brownies at work and I've had to tell my coworkers to not sell them to me anymore cause it's just so unhealthy! Glad you could get some form of birthday treat in :)
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:07 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 399, DragonEater70 wrote: Not 100% sure what ride or die means, but I really think we should get like one more solid townread to form a townbloc with. Then we can really get going getting those scum nailed down.

Do you have any other solid towbread atm?
Because I have several wobbly ones.
Hmm... I really want to put Venmar as solid town because so much of his posts I have read and been like "Yep I think I pretty much agree with most of this." and aside from the very early stuff I've liked pretty much everything he's posted. It might scare you but honestly I've been quite liking Black's posts too - really looking forward to seeing her take on the recent flood of posts. Bella is stuck in a schrodinger's situation where I simultaneously find the rebuttal a little anti-town but man I just can't read her as scum here - need to think more on it and come down on a side regarding that. I'm cautiously optimistic about AV but obviously will wait to see more content before having a firmer feel on that.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:09 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 404, Bellaphant wrote: Patch being town is probably the strongest read I have
Interesting and I'd love for you to go into that a little deeper when you can. Is it a vibe-based read? Patch hasn't done anything scummy this game but I can't say I've been particularly inclined to read town into them - and they're definitely one of my weakest reads atm in a firm 'null' category.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 408, DragonEater70 wrote: Patch, are you ever going to let me townread you without complaining about it?
Paranoid part of me is seeing this as scum!Patch trying to theatrically turn down a weak vibe-based town read so they look even more town for questioning something beneficial to them. I think I'm reading a little too much into that though?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:13 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 409, AurorusVox wrote: PS I’ve had the worst weekend of my adult life - family, eh!
Gosh do I feel that. Hang in there AV and thanks for getting this post out to us in the middle of your V/LA!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:27 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 410, AurorusVox wrote:
@dragon how is delta asking if you scumread them for disagreeing with you too scummy to be scum?

Like, have you made it super clear why you scumread them earlier on? Is delta misrepping you or do you just purely think the question itself is “nonsensical”?
Yes, I have made it clear why I scumread them, and it was a total blatant misrepresentation of what I was saying.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 417, Cometbright wrote:
In post 404, Bellaphant wrote: Patch being town is probably the strongest read I have
Interesting and I'd love for you to go into that a little deeper when you can. Is it a vibe-based read? Patch hasn't done anything scummy this game but I can't say I've been particularly inclined to read town into them - and they're definitely one of my weakest reads atm in a firm 'null' category.
It's basically exactly both of what you said (I know how pockety that sounds!)

Like, I kinda scum read you (but mainly black) for this go with the flow vibe, although if I had to chose one I think it's black.
Delta and venmar occupy a similar position in my head in that I sometimes think their arguments are really towny but sometimes I think they are pushing a narrative/agenda
AV and kawai arent here
Dragon is feeling really town at points but I always scum read them a bit for buddying/insincerity, in a way that I feel is different from how I feel about delta and venmar
And then patch just...isn't vibibg scum/I can't to any specifically scumny posts, like I can with everyone apart from av and kawia
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Realistically, it isn't + town to elim AV or kawai today and I don't feel patch is a good elim, partially because I feel it's low info because of their slightly low impact posting.

So then we're left with 'everyone else '. And I kinda don't want to elim in you/dragon/delta
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@comet, I have had a lovely, if very child-led weekend and have a chocolate unicorn to eat later!
@av, I'm sorry!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 398, Venmar wrote:
In post 396, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 219, Venmar wrote: I mean, even Bella unvoted me in #204 after saying in #203 that my my explanation in #202 made sense lol. If anyone agrees with Delta then definitely speak up

@Black
You should vote Bella or Delta
Eh, the original 'we' post isn't as bad as I remember but I really don't like this. @venmar, this reads as you know I'm town in sentence one but then are still encouraging a vote in sentence three. Clarify?
I was simply saying that even the person the discussion revolved around; the person I was scumreading and accusing of making a PT slip, found my explanation satisfactory. In my mind it was just noteworthy; kind of like if you had a trial and the prosecutor convinced the defendant (you) of a point but not the defense attorney (delta), if that analogy makes sense.
I don't like this as an explanation and also find it weird that you are encouraging a vote between two people who sr reach other without looking into that.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”